Newbie #1118 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:37 am

Post by Ankamius »

VOTE: Lollybear; voting me for the exact same reason as someone else!
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by Ankamius »

1) I played a game or two on this site back in 2006, but I can't remember the login or the username so I made a new account (which has one finished game)
2) If you are gambiting, then it's acceptable. Otherwise, no.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by Ankamius »

silavor wrote:Why did you decide to give mafiascum a try?
How do you react to people attacking you?
What will you be known for in this game?

Remembered the site and decided to try it again.
It depends on whether the case is solid or horrible.
Getting lynched Day 1.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #36 (isolation #3) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:35 am

Post by Ankamius »

sanchocolates wrote:
Ankamius wrote:Getting lynched Day 1.
This is tingling my senses. Are you expecting to be lynched D1? Why?

Either I'm predicting the future, or I'm succeeding in getting the game out of RVS.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #40 (isolation #4) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:21 pm

Post by Ankamius »

WiganMike89 wrote:We are not Europeans we are Brits!

Either I'm predicting the future, or I'm succeeding in getting the game out of RVS.

Or both ;)

Not ready to FoS anyone at the minute but I don't understand why silavor and Arcee felt the need to register that they also wanted to know what Ankamius meant by that comment, seems a bit bandwagony. I thought it was a weird comment too but, having seen that sanchocolates had asked about it already I was content to wait for the answer rather than try and win some credentials by explicitly saying I also wanted to know.

Bandwagons are good for the game. I made a statement that multiple people wished for me to explain, and so I explained it. This is scumhunting, and is a significant town tell.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #76 (isolation #5) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:29 am

Post by Ankamius »

I'm not getting significant scumvibes off of WiganMike89 at this point, and Arcee's reactions to him are giving me strong town vibes. Right now, he is my most solid town read. Silavor is more likely town, Sanchocolates slightly less so. Everyone else (except for Lollybear; reasons in this post) is null at this point.

Lollybear's ISO#3 gives the appearance of sheeping a bandwagon without contributing to the discussion. She posts twice more afterwards. The first post is clearing up a misconception in her last post, and the second is saying that more than one person wanting an answer is not a scumread.

I'm seeing a lot of fluff when there are conversations and reactions to comment upon. I request an opinion on what has happened so far and what your current reads are.

--

I'm currently having internet issues and have only sporadic times that it's on. I hope this doesn't slow down the game too much in my absence and I will post more often when it is fixed.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #81 (isolation #6) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:14 pm

Post by Ankamius »

WiganMike89 wrote:Ankamius: That comment about being known for being lynched on day 1, while it was obviously made in order to cause people to question you, makes me wonder. Did you want to get being questioned over with? Make sure there's some kind of controversy over something that you know isn't serious enough to ever get you lynched? I can't decide if you made that comment in order to prompt a reaction against you, and then because that comment isn't really all that scummy it makes people falsely assume you yourself aren't scummy, or if it was a genuine attempt to get serious discussion started.

I don't want to FoS all three, since of course at least one would be wrong. FoSing three people at once is ludicrous. But that doesn't mean I don't want people to remember that I raised these concerns, it isn't noncommittal. It is merely that I don't want to
over-commit
to things I'm still mulling over.

My comment about being lynched day 1 was to kickstart the day and make the random part of day 1 as short as possible. There were two reasons that I made that comment in the first place. First, to get the random part of day one to end. Second, I could use that to see how people would respond to such a comment, since people likely will respond differently based on their alignment. Since people attacked me for the comment, then caused a meaningful discussion following by one of the responses being attacked, the comment worked beautifully in my opinion.

Obviously it didn't give people a direct town read, or it wouldn't have caused as much of a response as it has. Whether it gave scumvibes or simply is something that people want an explanation for, it's good for the town to have these responses and to force people to explain their past actions, since it is far more likely that someone will slip that they are scum.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #82 (isolation #7) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Also, internet problems are fixed.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #104 (isolation #8) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:24 am

Post by Ankamius »

Lollybear: Did you see my post on you? You are still my biggest scumread at this time, and your last few posts don't help this in the slightest.

I'm not thrilled about the WiganMike wagon either, but my read on Arcee is starting to shake a bit.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (isolation #9) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:32 am

Post by Ankamius »

Scumhunter wrote:The tone of this strikes me as scummy. If you have a problem with the way Lollybear is acting, why not ask her your questions again? To me, it seems like you could potentially be opportunistic scum trying to jump on a lolly mislynch because she hasn't produced much useful content. I think scum would see her as an easy mislynch.

Why are you not thrilled about the WiganMike wagon?
How/Why is your read on Arcee starting to shake?

Explain these things please ^

unvote Lollybear, Vote Ankamius

I am not thrilled about the WiganMike wagon because Arcee's argument is . I'm getting slight scumtells from the way Silavor and Lollybear voted for WiganMike (Silavor sheeping and Lollybear just hopping on while stating that he's not suspicious).

Then, Lollybear completely ignore my post here:

Ankamius wrote:Lollybear's ISO#3 gives the appearance of sheeping a bandwagon without contributing to the discussion. She posts twice more afterwards. The first post is clearing up a misconception in her last post, and the second is saying that more than one person wanting an answer is not a scumread.

I'm seeing a lot of fluff when there are conversations and reactions to comment upon. I request an opinion on what has happened so far and what your current reads are.

It wasn't a direct question, but it still strikes me as odd that she would completely ignore it in favor of responding to someone having a "gut" read on her.

Her latest vote is an unvote stating that she doesn't know who's scummy. I read this as scum hopping off a bandwagon when it stops looking feasible. It stopped being feasible when Arcee started going under attack, so she hopped. I don't get newbtown tells from this.

--

My read on Arcee was starting to shake because of how far he was tunneling WiganMike. Now that he's said more, I'm starting to get scumtells from the way he completely shifted to Silavor and then replaced out.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #124 (isolation #10) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Trevor wrote:Being an Epicmafia guy, I am used to 20 minute games. Epicmafia games usually run more on power roles and less on scumhunting. Whenever the town has a mislynch, the clear picks and everyone else follows. From my experience in mafia, when there are no clears and we can afford a mislynch, a mafia will step up to a leading position. Usually they will select one person and find all evidence possible that points to them being guilty.

I see Ankamius tunneling on lollybear pretty hard. This is scummy in my book.

Vote: Ankamius

I have never played on this site before, so I have a few questions.

1. Must the mafia be unanimous on who to kill at night?
2. Do all players have to vote for the lynch to occur?
3. Can the jailkeeper converse with the jailed?
4. Can the mafia privately talk together?

I fail to see how I am tunneling any harder on Lollybear than Arcee was on WiganMike.

To answer your questions

1. It's the mod's discretion. Sometimes mods take the first kill sent to them, sometimes they require both mafia members (if applicable) to confirm the choice.
2. No, it just has to reach a majority.
3. No.
4. Only at night.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #126 (isolation #11) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by Ankamius »

YankCane151 wrote:Ankaimus: Then why is your vote on lolly when she's at L-1 and still has nothing to answer for? Next thing you know, if she turns up townie, there's a good chance there's two townies dead tomorrow, and since pretty much no one is contributing, we're left in the same situation today, even worse really. Someone on the wagon needs to back off for a moment and let lolly explain herself at least long enough for everyone else that has questions that need to be answered of them(for my view) to answer them and give the town a better view if lolly ends up dead at the end of the day. I Know you're the main one pushing her bandwagon, so if you want to stop 'tunneling', take your vote off, chances are the others will follow considering half the people voting lolly are just voting because other people are on her and there's not any lynch-worthy proof against her yet.

Lollybear is at 2 votes, and I am at 3 votes. I'm not sure where you got the idea that Lolly's at L-1.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (isolation #12) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:45 pm

Post by Ankamius »

One other thing: It's 5 to lynch, not 4.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (isolation #13) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:05 am

Post by Ankamius »

I'm practically dropping dead on my feet so I'll keep this short.

@Sanchocolates: I answered your concerns about me in an earlier post; I simply did not directly address it to you.
@Lollybear: Any reasoning?
@Trevor: Any response?

I'm going to have to reread when I'm awake. I'm going to put special attention on my own bandwagon; I can smell the taint upon it.

I don't know how to take lollybear's last post. Either newbtown using OMGUS or opportunistic scum hopping onto the next big bandwagon. I'll sleep on this.

@Trevor: Correct, but getting into Lylo/Mylo without any mafia dead is not a good situation for the town to be in.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (isolation #14) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:05 am

Post by Ankamius »

Jesus christ guys, I'm trying to post here :(
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (isolation #15) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:16 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Here's everyone who is currently either on my wagon or expressing suspicion of me:

sanchocolates
Scumhunter
Trevor
lollybear

I've already said how I find lollybear scummy, and this will not change until at least an explanation on why I'm her biggest scumread is explained.

--

Sanchocolates originally randomly voted for me and never unvoted to vote anyone else. Although he has had his vote on me for the entire game, he has only mentioned me thrice in non-random-vote posts. These are the posts:

sanchocolates wrote:
Ankamius wrote:Getting lynched Day 1.
This is tingling my senses. Are you expecting to be lynched D1? Why?

sanchocolates wrote:
lollybear wrote:My biggetst scum read is Ankamius but that doesn't mean he's scum. we still have a long way to go before the deadline so its hard to tell.
Why do you have a scum read on Ankamius?

sanchocolates wrote:
Ankamius wrote:Lollybear: Did you see my post on you? You are still my biggest scumread at this time, and your last few posts don't help this in the slightest.

I'm not thrilled about the WiganMike wagon either, but my read on Arcee is starting to shake a bit.
So you don't think Lolly's just a newbtown? Why?

His third post on me is the reads, where he posts that he's getting scumreads (ISO#20). He has never explained why he has a scumread on me. This is interesting because with the amount that he has mentioned me at all (4 out of 26 posts), he has yet to unvote me or give reasons.

Also: my response to your question about lollybear and newbtown tells was in ISO#9; forgot to mention that before.

--

Scumhunter is the only person voting for me to post a case. I have posted a response and he has yet to respond. Otherwise, he's scumhunting and I'm getting town tells from this.

--

Trevor replaced Devestation, who only really contributed by voting Arcee before being replaced. Trevor replaced in and instantly voted me for tunneling... when Arcee was doing it harder than I was. His last two posts show that he simply wants a lynch and doesn't care whether he lynches town or not. He hasn't contributed in any other way as of now.

--

Getting null tells on Silavor and Hiplop. I had slight scum vibes on WiganMike, but there aren't enough of them at this point to be much higher than null at this point. YankCane is town so far.

Lollybear and Trevor are my 2 biggest scumtells at the moment.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (isolation #16) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:02 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Trevor wrote:See, this is the problem Ankamius.
1. Since this is Day 1, no one will have any real evidence against anyone else.
Reactions can be deceiving as most newer players have worse reactions, regardless of alignment.
2. You like to question everybody's suspicions to you being scum. I have no evidence other than you tunneling on Lollybear, who could be scum.
3. You obviously do not want to be lynched
and your defense is very strong.
unvote:
for now. You are trying to towntell as hard as possible, and you've convinced me for the time being.

1. You are correct, but this is largely irrelevant. As the day goes on, the way people interact with each other and vote can give scum or town tells, which allow us to make an educated guess on who is a mafia member. This is reasoning, not evidence. Evidence in Mafia is from roles, such as a guilty cop investigation or a roleblocker blocking someone and having the next day start without a kill.

2. I don't have as much a problem with the fact that I got bandwagoned as much as the way the bandwagon formed and grew.

3. No one truly wants to be lynched without cause. It is defying your win condition as town to be lynched without a reason.

hiplop wrote:i rarely take my vote off of people if the wagon dies

What is the reasoning for this?

--

It's been over 2 days since WiganMike, Scumhunter, and Lollybear have posted. What do you three think about the recent developments?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (isolation #17) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:16 pm

Post by Ankamius »

WiganMike89 wrote:I've been trying to catch up by reading through the thread again, and I think I underestimated how much time needs to go into this game to play it effectively. I've found it a bit like Sisyphus, by the time I've just about caught up there are three more pages!

I'd like to request a replacement, I'm really sorry but I think it's better to let someone else who either has the time or a more efficient way of playing take my place while it's only day 1, rather than finding it harder and harder as the thread gets longer. Sorry guys.

My apologies; thanks for trying the game!
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (isolation #18) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:03 pm

Post by Ankamius »

@MOD: Requesting a prod on lollybear
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #882 (isolation #19) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:53 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I must say congratulations and well done. I apologize for having to replace out so early; I suddenly had a big influx of things to keep me busy combined with a temporary loss of interest in the game (related to the former).

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”