Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:49 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Also, bv310 - I see you posting over in GD. Why aren't you posting here?
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by iamausername »

Unvote

Surye's reaction to the claim is very very clearly town. That wagon needs to die right away and be replaced with:

VOTE: Ant_to_the_max
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:00 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

UNVOTE:
It would be difficult to believe that the Doctor wouldn't be in this game. -- it is called Doctor Who after all. More specifically: Return of the Time Lords -- the flavor was pulled directly from David Tennant's last story arc as the Doctor "The End of Time, Part One". Barring a counter-claim, I believe Snake. I don't see what is so difficult about this.
FoS: Tarhalindur, MoI, Nexus, Zang

Great - just go ahead and trash a lot of my town reads. Thanks a lot.

Much as I'd like to vote pappums again, his v/la would prove troublesome. bv310's continued absence after being prodded ... it's hard to pressure someone who isn't sitting in his seat at the table. Though, at this rate, bv310 is on track to getting replaced. I'll need short while to mull who to vote for now.
Don't Panic!
Where there's life there's hope. Be seeing you!
Wolf Avatar cropped from art by Deligaris@DeviantArt
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:42 pm

Post by Zang »

Surye wrote:Yet when he's in the thick of it, none of that matters. At least not on the good stories.

I suppose but if you took away everything that I already mentioned, there wouldn't even be a story.

The Ruffig wrote:It would be difficult to believe that the Doctor wouldn't be in this game. -- it is called Doctor Who after all. More specifically: Return of the Time Lords -- the flavor was pulled directly from David Tennant's last story arc as the Doctor "The End of Time, Part One". Barring a counter-claim, I believe Snake. I don't see what is so difficult about this.

I never said that he wouldn't be in this game if Snake was scum.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:35 pm

Post by bv310 »

Tarhalindur wrote:Also, bv310 - I see you posting over in GD. Why aren't you posting here?

Because that post is me procrastinating from studying for my Roman History midterm. I will get to this game and all my commitments tomorrow afternoon.
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:12 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

Zang's play is confusing me. I keep running through it and I keep coming up with the same conclusion. Either Snake or Zang is scum. Anyone else come to a similar conclusion?
Don't Panic!
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:37 pm

Post by Nexus »

I don't understand why a Vanilla Town claim with the flavour bit of allons-y spelt wrong has caused you all to panic and think he isn't lying.

I will re read the thread soon and see if anyone is scummier.
Trans rights are human rights.
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:43 pm

Post by SnakePlissken »

Spelling = scum these days does it Nexus? To those suggesting that I may have been given a fake PM by the mod are the ones most in possession of one as most town wouldn't even consider that as a first response to a VT claim.

For my money. Scum Team - NexusScum, Zang & MoI
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:53 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

The Rufflig wrote:UNVOTE:
It would be difficult to believe that the Doctor wouldn't be in this game. -- it is called Doctor Who after all. More specifically: Return of the Time Lords -- the flavor was pulled directly from David Tennant's last story arc as the Doctor "The End of Time, Part One". Barring a counter-claim, I believe Snake. I don't see what is so difficult about this.

Much as I'd like to vote pappums again, his v/la would prove troublesome. bv310's continued absence after being prodded ... it's hard to pressure someone who isn't sitting in his seat at the table. Though, at this rate, bv310 is on track to getting replaced. I'll need short while to mull who to vote for now.

Safeclaim is possible, and Doctor-scum is possible (not likely, but possible).

That said, vanilla claim is too risky for a scumbag (especially on a character that is begging for a power role) and that name claim *is* extremely solid. I'll toss Snake into the "not lynching D1" pile.

Vote: Ant_to_the_Max
(all other top suspects are V/LA with the exception of Surye whose reaction here looks fairly town)

Note to self: Given that reaction to the Snake claim, Snake might just be right about Nexus after all.

PPE:

SnakePlissken wrote:Spelling = scum these days does it Nexus? To those suggesting that I may have been given a fake PM by the mod are the ones most in possession of one as most town wouldn't even consider that as a first response to a VT claim.

Uh, no. Tenth Doctor as scum or safeclaim passes the "What Would Tarhalindur Do?" test - that is to say, moderators looking to subvert obvious name->alignment associations might give scum exclusive access to the name.

Doesn't matter, the claim overall is still solid enough to move you off the lynch candidate list for today.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:56 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Nexus wrote:I don't understand why a Vanilla Town claim with the flavour bit of allons-y spelt wrong has caused you all to panic and think he isn't lying.

I will re read the thread soon and see if anyone is scummier.

... You're not trying to determine whether or not the claim is true, you just want Snake lynched.

That's not town motivation.

Anyone else up for a Nexus lynch?

Unvote, Vote: Nexus

(Will switch back to Ant tomorrow if nobody's with me.)

Note to self: Gut is telling me something is up with iamausername. I should probably look into that.
User out of ambit.

Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:01 pm

Post by Nexus »

What. No. Vanilla claim isn't that risky for scum. Most scum would rather claim Vanilla Town than a PR, because the risks of a PR ccing are too high.

I don't put much stay in "All Doctors must be PRs" and stuff like that, because flavour in general is just there to give the game some extra pizzazz.

Whatever. I said I was seeing if there was anyone scummier when I did a re read, so I don't know how that's me only trying to get Snake lynched. I don't believe his claim, but that's about it. It's certainly not enough to make me unvote until I've re-read.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:43 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Nexus wrote:What. No. Vanilla claim isn't that risky for scum.
Most scum would rather claim Vanilla Town than a PR, because the risks of a PR ccing are too high.

I don't put much stay in "All Doctors must be PRs" and stuff like that, because flavour in general is just there to give the game some extra pizzazz.

Whatever. I said I was seeing if there was anyone scummier when I did a re read, so I don't know how that's me only trying to get Snake lynched. I don't believe his claim, but that's about it. It's certainly not enough to make me unvote until I've re-read.

X

Unless something has seriously changed in site meta since summer of last year, claiming VT under heavy suspicion tends to get the VT claimer lynched (since the point of asking for claim is to make sure the player isn't a provable role) - hell, I'd still be voting Snake (with some misgivings) if not for the strength of the name claim. That's pretty seriously risky for scum.

Also, that explanation is even scummier than the first sentence of the post I just quoted (and I should have pointed it out in my last post - I blame posting at 2 in the morning). If you don't believe his claim, it follows that you think he is scum. However, you then say that you're going to reread to see if there's anyone scummier.

This does not follow.

Townies should NEVER lie when claiming without a damn good reason, and it's a risky play even then. If you think that Snake is lying about his claim, then YOU THINK THAT HE IS LYING SCUM. I find it EXTREMELY difficult to believe that you actually think that you might find a player who is scummier than a player who you clearly believe is LYING about his claim. I could see it if you had concluded that a Snake lynch was no longer feasible and were switching to a second preference, but I don't see any evidence of such a thought process here, and I don't think it's supported by the game state at any rate.

No, the reason that you are looking for "anyone scummier" is because you are SCUM who doesn't actually care whether a player is scummy so long as they aren't on your team.

DIE SCUM DIE.
User out of ambit.

Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:59 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Will be on the road for 13 hours today. Getting internet on the road isn't the most reliable.
Apologies for falling off the face of the earth.
I'M BACK BABY FOR A LIMITED TIME*!
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:53 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Surye wrote:I believe he is. The doctor is so great because he has no super powers. He can unlock doors. It's all in his intellect and charisma, the tools of a VT.

Lets get into this then … who in the Dr. Who universe would you expect to be anything BUT VT then? Certainly none of his companions are no more inherently ‘powerful’ than the Doctor. Aside from Enemies you don’t have many Superhuman participants to draw from.

Outguessing the Mod is at best bad, bad Town play.

--

Rufflig wrote:It would be difficult to believe that the Doctor wouldn't be in this game. -- it is called Doctor Who after all. More specifically: Return of the Time Lords -- the flavor was pulled directly from David Tennant's last story arc as the Doctor "The End of Time, Part One". Barring a counter-claim, I believe Snake. I don't see what is so difficult about this.

I need to you to provide me with a list of all the Theme games you have played on MS Rufflig. Because I find that someone who joined before me having never seen the concept of Mods specifically subverting flavor material a pretty big stretch.

--

Snake wrote:For my money. Scum Team - NexusScum, Zang & MoI

Um what happened to CES scum? Was your 'large ISO' case so flimsy that it was easily supplanted?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:38 am

Post by The Rufflig »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:I need to you to provide me with a list of all the Theme games you have played on MS Rufflig. Because I find that someone who joined before me having never seen the concept of Mods specifically subverting flavor material a pretty big stretch.

What is so hard about it? Ok. Just theme games? The Prisoner (mini #1099) and The Walking Dead (mini #1123). That was easy. Anything else? I've seen the concept of a mod subverting flavor material in Aqua Teen Hunger Force -- but truthfully that was a bastard mod game (and I didn't play in it).
Don't Panic!
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:49 am

Post by Surye »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Surye wrote:I believe he is. The doctor is so great because he has no super powers. He can unlock doors. It's all in his intellect and charisma, the tools of a VT.

Lets get into this then … who in the Dr. Who universe would you expect to be anything BUT VT then? Certainly none of his companions are no more inherently ‘powerful’ than the Doctor. Aside from Enemies you don’t have many Superhuman participants to draw from.

Exactly, stop doing.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:49 am

Post by Surye »

EBWOP: Exactly, stop doing it.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:53 am

Post by Surye »

I like Tar's case, and Nexus saying "I know he's scum but I'm not going to vote for him, even if he is still the largest wagon" is weak. Better case then the MoI case, as I can see a situation where he's missing the point and is still town.

UNVOTE: VOTE: Nexus
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:18 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Day 1 Vote Count 7

Snake 4: Rat, Nexus, Cogito, Zang (Lynch -3)
Surye 2: BV3, MOI
Nexus 2: Tarh,Surye
Rat 1: Hoppster
Ant 1 Username
Cogito1: Snake

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch with a deadline set at 22nd June at 10am EST..
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:50 am

Post by Nexus »

I am still voting for him? I just said I was going to look for the others as well.

*shakes head*
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:05 am

Post by Zang »

SnakePlissken wrote:Spelling = scum these days does it Nexus? To those suggesting that I may have been given a fake PM by the mod are the ones most in possession of one as most town wouldn't even consider that as a first response to a VT claim.

Nexus does have a point about the spelling. If the word was in your role PM then it should have been spelled correctly. Also why would suggesting that you have a fake role PM make me scum? You're just calling everyone that doesn't believe you scum. If you are so sure that they are scum then why aren't you voting for one of them.

Tahalindur wrote:That said, vanilla claim is too risky for a scumbag (especially on a character that is begging for a power role) and that name claim *is* extremely solid. I'll toss Snake into the "not lynching D1" pile.

Yes but you said it yourself that it was "nice WIFOM fodder".

Surye wrote:Exactly, stop doing.

You completely ignored his point. Regardless of whether he did it, you also did it and by telling him to stop doing it without acknowledging that you yourself are doing it then you are doing the exact same thing that he did. I find this very scummy.

FoS: Surye
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:13 am

Post by Surye »

Zang wrote:
Surye wrote:Exactly, stop doing.

You completely ignored his point. Regardless of whether he did it, you also did it and by telling him to stop doing it without acknowledging that you yourself are doing it then you are doing the exact same thing that he did. I find this very scummy.

FoS: Surye

Incorrect sir. I made an analysis based on the information I have that points to his claim being legit. He brought setup speculation into it.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:23 am

Post by Hoppster »

The Rufflig wrote:Zang's play is confusing me. I keep running through it and I keep coming up with the same conclusion. Either Snake or Zang is scum. Anyone else come to a similar conclusion?

You're going to have to show your working for this.

Tarhalindur wrote:
Nexus wrote:
[...]

Also, that explanation is even scummier than the first sentence of the post I just quoted (and I should have pointed it out in my last post - I blame posting at 2 in the morning). If you don't believe his claim, it follows that you think he is scum. However, you then say that you're going to reread to see if there's anyone scummier.

This does not follow.

Townies should NEVER lie when claiming without a damn good reason, and it's a risky play even then. If you think that Snake is lying about his claim, then YOU THINK THAT HE IS LYING SCUM. I find it EXTREMELY difficult to believe that you actually think that you might find a player who is scummier than a player who you clearly believe is LYING about his claim. I could see it if you had concluded that a Snake lynch was no longer feasible and were switching to a second preference, but I don't see any evidence of such a thought process here, and I don't think it's supported by the game state at any rate.

No, the reason that you are looking for "anyone scummier" is because you are SCUM who doesn't actually care whether a player is scummy so long as they aren't on your team.

This is a good post.

Nexus wrote:I am still voting for him? I just said I was going to look for the others as well.

*shakes head*

This is not a good post.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Nexus

Also willing to lynch Ant.

Not paticularly willing to lynch Snake. I do think it's certainly a possibility that scum have been given safe/fake-claims, even as strong as the 10th Doctor - however, pappums' vote on Snake and his general prescence on the wagon is just makes me feel very uneasy.

@ Mod: Should pappums need replacement, would we recieve an extension of any sort?
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:

First part of this post is good.

Second part is very, very bad. Outguessing the Mod is a perfectly viable tactic - hell, it's one of the main points of asking for a claim in the first place. You just have to be good at it.

Also, thoughts on Nexus please.

Zang wrote:

Nexus does have a point about the spelling. If the word was in your role PM then it should have been spelled correctly. Also why would suggesting that you have a fake role PM make me scum? You're just calling everyone that doesn't believe you scum. If you are so sure that they are scum then why aren't you voting for one of them.

Tell me, Zang: Where exactly did Snake say that the word "Allons-y" appeared in his role PM? I didn't see any claim to that effect.

You are right to question Snake's claim that "most town wouldn't even consider [mod-given safeclaim] as a first response to a VT claim". Townies should ALWAYS consider the possibility of mod-given safeclaims in a theme game when analyzing claims.

Zang wrote:
Tahalindur wrote:That said, vanilla claim is too risky for a scumbag (especially on a character that is begging for a power role) and that name claim *is* extremely solid. I'll toss Snake into the "not lynching D1" pile.

Yes but you said it yourself that it was "nice WIFOM fodder".

It is, but last I checked scum claiming vanilla outside of massclaim was pretty rare, and that name claim IS probably the best possible name claim this game (unless one low-probability scenario turns out to be true, in which case it is the worst possible case). Remember: scum safe claims in themes usually don't include the protagonist (close protagonist allies are the usual suspects). There are a couple of scenarios that would make Snake far more likely to be scum (one is the low-probability case mentioned above, the other two are fairly high probability, I see no good reason to help scum falseclaim by elaborating without seeing more claims/flips).

Also, Zang: Thoughts on Nexus please.

Nexus wrote:I am still voting for him? I just said I was going to look for the others as well.

*shakes head*

Why go looking for another player when you're claiming that you're as sure about Snake as you would be as a Cop with a guilty? Why not drive the lynch home?
User out of ambit.

The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:43 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

It's a pity you had to be scum, Zang. Oh, well.
VOTE: Zang

I would like to weigh in on this Allons-y vs Allonsi issue. I don't know about your PMs from the mod, but mine have a lot of grammatical errors in them. Everything from capitalization errors, missing punction, and cases not agreeing. Did I mention spelling? Ok, take a look at the previous vote counts -- specifically how the mod spells my name. There should not be an 'n' in Rufflig. I'm not inclined to put much faith in the mod having spelled a French word correctly. Obviously, Snake doesn't know French or he wouldn't have spelled the word incorrectly reguardless of how the mod spelled it.

As far as outguessing the mod -- one doesn't have to look back very far to find a companion who would be well suited to a power role. Martha Jones M.D. is a perfect fit for a town doctor role, no? Or you could go Harry Sullivan for the town doctor as well. The Brigadier for a vigilante or investigative role. I didn't watch Torchwood, but Captain Jack for an investigative role?
Don't Panic!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”