DEFCON Mafia 3.0 - Over, American Victory!

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:51 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

RedCoyote wrote:And why would I advocate a wagon on a person I thought was town anyways? :neutral:

You've voted both AV and dana. If now you whipsaw and say both are statistically improbable to be scum which is the Town you advocated a wagon on with your vote?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:57 am

Post by RedCoyote »

MoI 699 wrote:So given you've completely backed away from your stance not an hour ago and now don't think both are scum

Uh, no. I do. I also know I will not predict the entire game correctly. Why am I not allowed to use that piece of knowledge in my scumhunting?

Given the fact that I think both dana and AV have a good chance at being scum, then it's more likely that I'm right about one of those predictions than it is if I advocated, say, Hez, who I do not consider to have a greater chance at being scum (over dana or AV).
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:58 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

RedCoyote wrote:And why would I advocate a wagon on a person I thought was town anyways? :neutral:

I don't know. Why did you?

UNVOTE: VOTE: RC
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:59 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

RedCoyote wrote:
MoI 699 wrote:So given you've completely backed away from your stance not an hour ago and now don't think both are scum

Uh, no. I do. I also know I will not predict the entire game correctly. Why am I not allowed to use that piece of knowledge in my scumhunting?

Given the fact that I think both dana and AV have a good chance at being scum, then it's more likely that I'm right about one of those predictions than it is if I advocated, say, Hez, who I do not consider to have a greater chance at being scum (over dana or AV).

But this didn't require an unvote of AV to prove this.

Too many excuses.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:18 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I see your point, inHim. My intention is not to derail the AV wagon but to prop up the dana wagon.

Mmm, this is a bit frustrating now because I see where y'all are coming from. I wasn't intending to pull any sort of trick. I, uh, I think I'm being a little too analytical and distant for my own good here. I think I'll just stop talking for a while.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:26 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

hmm, so the Euroscum is going to turn tail and hide like a yellow-bellied coward? Much like I said about turning on the light on the roaches. So where are you going to hide RC? Germany? France?
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:37 am

Post by Vi »

Internet Stranger 671 wrote:So let me get this straight.

I note everyone thats trying to simply put lists out there and expecting everyone to follow it as if they were the UN or some sort of useless puppet authority figure that us rightful Americans dont care about.

I note that SpyreX is doing this
I point out that Ooba is doing this
I call out Vi for crapass reasoning and his silly vote

SpyreX plays the distance game from Vi
Ooba jumps on the attack.

How peculiar is it that I mentioned them? Its like the roaches scurrying as soon as I turned the light onto them.
So let me get this straight.

You bring up accusations against a bunch of people for some crappy reasoning that makes me :? about your definition of "crapass reasoning".
People respond to you.
These people are now scrambling roaches.

I'm overusing :? , so how about another "yeah okay".

---

RedCoyote 676 wrote:We need to lynch
either
AV, dana, ML, Pooky, or SDC today.
In that order.
You might be Euroscum, because English doesn't seem to be your first language. :P

As usual, your commentary bites. Particularly this.
RedCoyote 676 wrote:This is a horrible vote. Not because of the OMGUS, which makes no difference, but because there is no groundswell for a Vi lynch. Vi is not going to be lynched. Likewise, Vi voting you was just as bad (actually it was probably a little worse) for the same reasons.
1) What makes you think IS isn't getting lynched Today?
2) What makes you think there's no "grounding" for an IS lynch?
3) Are you implying that we should stick to the AV and Hez
bollah
Lucky wagons because they're there?
4) Do you have any alignment reads on either of us? (context clues suggest you're favoring IS)

SDC 678 is more awesome RECKscum posting. RECK is nothing if not transparent.

Moai 679 wrote:Count me in with the group of players who see Vi’s play and think it is suspicious. She’s responding to players and throwing out the occasional soft suspicion but not really working solidly at all to push any of her suspects.
There are a bunch of people I'd love to see dead. IS, SDC, you, LLD, Hinduragi, AV, Mina, Swift Justice, etc. etc. etc.
The person I most believe is scum is IS for reasons stated before.
I only get one vote.

Sure, I COULD jump the AV wagon because it's largest and he's one of the people listed above, but I'm more confident in IS and my vote isn't wasted on him.

RedCoyote 683 wrote:You know what?

Unvote; vote: danakillsu

Either dana or AV would make wonderful lynches, but I'd rather try and prop this wagon up some as the main competitor to the AV wagon (as opposed to the Hez wagon).

@Everyone: If we could make the first lynch a competition between dana and AV, I think we'd be off to such a good start. Both of these lynches are based on very solid ground at this point. Hez, well, not so much.
How about no? You can go on the list from earlier too.
RedCoyote 691 wrote:And every lynch would always benefit from a competitor wagon. Later in the game, after flips have occurred, we can look to these "either or" decisions through the context of VCA.
By "either or" you presumably mean "an okay decision and a relatively poor decision".
RedCoyote 696 wrote:Although I do think they are both scum, I'm realistic enough to think that that would, statistically speaking, be extremely improbable.

That being said, even if it were the case, wagonning two scum on the first day sounds like a good problem to have.
"This is highly improbable BUT WOULDN'T IT BE COOL IF IT WERE TRUE?"

RedCoyote 704 wrote:My intention is not to derail the AV wagon but to prop up the dana wagon.
...which is a bad idea on its own.

I'll tell you what, I'll take your advice.
Unvote: Internet Stranger
Vote: RedCoyote
(L-8 I think)
It physically hurts to pull my vote off IS.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:41 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Oh, right. I took Magua's first post at Fate to mean he had Airbase. If he can't die by NK and he picked it "to piss Fate off", then it's the perfect scumclaim. That's why he gets nuked at Defcon 1. I don't trust him with it.

RC wrote:Your entire defense of AV seems completely derived from meta with the exception of your opening statement where you admit that he is "picking his words too carefully".

He does that as town and scum because he's an English major. That's why I said he's hard to read because of it.

RC wrote:And why would I advocate a wagon on a person I thought was town anyways?

Where did this question come from?

Goddammit
Unvote; Vote: RC

The entire exchange was bad. I don't get the unvoting of someone you thought was scum even if it is to prop up a wagon. I would've eventually gotten that job done. There's too much sidetracked reasoning for me to buy this.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:48 am

Post by ooba »

ITT not mentioning all your scumreads in a post means you're scum.
Not really. I've noticed townies always display a huge amount of confirmation bias. They always have some scum in mind and keep looking at what those people do to see if they can anything scummy. (or reevaluate).

You can be sure that in any re-read post ("Time to really get into this game"), you'll at least get one mention of previous top scum picks. The fact that you clubbed IS with the rest ("The rest of you I'll get to."), shows one of two things:

- You were never really suspicious of IS but thought you can throw in his name in the scum list. [Scum -> Town]
- He was your scumbuddy. Padded his name to the list. [Scum -> Scum]

Also - Ludi had these two posts from your earlier one (#652,#657) so he's given you even lesser than IS. I would have at least understood Ludi was on the Hez wagon you're looking at but no .. So there's no way you're commenting on this candidate instead of IS …

I'd venture it's the latter case instead of the former since IS answers questions directed at you and would apparently like to keep you after Vi. But we can do it this way too ..

Unvote. Vote: Hinduragi
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:49 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Vi wrote:There are a bunch of people I'd love to see dead. IS, SDC, you, LLD, Hinduragi, AV, Mina, Swift Justice, etc. etc. etc..

And yet I’ve seen pretty much no reasoning other than ‘Vi thinks so’ on a number of these. Yeh, I’ve seen you say things like “There are many reasons to hang PlayerX” and proceed not to say anything about those reasons.

Then you proceed to attack IS for ‘bringing up accusations against a bunch of people for some crappy reasoning”. Replace ‘crappy’ with ‘non-existent’ and you’ve pretty much summed up what I see you as doing.

--

Hind wrote:Oh, right. I took Magua's first post at Fate to mean he had Airbase. If he can't die by NK and he picked it "to piss Fate off", then it's the perfect scumclaim. That's why he gets nuked at Defcon 1. I don't trust him with it.

If you think he is scum why wait to Nuke him and not advocate lynching him before DEFCON-1 instead?

Now that ooba has claimed to have picked up Airbase do you advocate his Nuking / Lynching along the same lines? He didn’t explicitly say it was to piss SDC but the inference is there.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:07 am

Post by Vi »

MagnaofIllusion 709 wrote:
Vi wrote:There are a bunch of people I'd love to see dead. IS, SDC, you, LLD, Hinduragi, AV, Mina, Swift Justice, etc. etc. etc..
And yet I’ve seen pretty much no reasoning other than ‘Vi thinks so’ on a number of these. Yeh, I’ve seen you say things like “There are many reasons to hang PlayerX” and proceed not to say anything about those reasons.

Then you proceed to attack IS for ‘bringing up accusations against a bunch of people for some crappy reasoning”. Replace ‘crappy’ with ‘non-existent’ and you’ve pretty much summed up what I see you as doing.
Before I forget, who is in this group of people who think I'm scummy? I remember you and maybe one other person.

I don't want to completely clutter my posts with quotes and criticisms. It takes too long and I wouldn't want to read it either.
So you're on. Who do you want a TMI for?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:12 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Vi, gimme one on Faraday/Equinox.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:22 am

Post by SocioPath »

RedCoyote wrote:
Reg 608 wrote:I don't vote until I'm completly caught up with the thread. You also realize the contradiction in this post, right? You're attacking me for not placing a vote while claiming me scum and witholding your vote.

This is a great point, AV.
GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME.
Vote: AV
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am

Post by SpyreX »

Pfffth

I think I see what RC was trying to say?

In that sense not a TRAP SPRUNG but if I cant get Hez the AV is scum LEAAAP AWAY would work fine
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:32 am

Post by danakillsu »

Are you guys so sure that town RC would make a ton more sense than this? He looks a bit unstable logically, but not particularly scummy to me.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:35 am

Post by SocioPath »

Everyone needs to realize that RC is going to quotewall and post content or "content" regardless of side he is on.
Base his alignment on what he says, not how he says it.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:45 am

Post by Katsuki »

LOLS

UNVOTE, VOTE: RC

I'M HAPPY THAT NIXON IS TOWN THOUGH. MAY HE LEAD THE AMERICANS TO VICTORY.

ALSO FARADAY LOOKS LIKE A LEPRECHAUN IRL BUT I'M COUNTING ON THE FACT THAT HE'LL BE TOO BUSY TO EVER SEE THIS POST. = =b
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:49 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

I CAN'T WAIT TO TAKE OFF THIS SISSIFIED MONOCLE AND MUSTACHE.
Show

:

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:50 am

Post by Vi »

inHimshallibe 711 wrote:Vi, gimme one on Faraday/Equinox.
Faraday didn't say anything until he started defending the idea of Mina being Town due to even THINKING about breaking the game, which is a bit shallow but more to the point seems like a token set of :words: to contrast with a sea of miscellaneous nothing.

Post #10 regarding ooba-Town is fairly thoughtful considering he brought Encore Mafia up so that's a counterpoint.

Post #14 playing gorilla off Regfan is also fairly thoughtful but I can't assign a motive to it.

Post #21 is somewhat concerning because of this line.
Faraday #21 wrote:i trust myself completely to read anyone accurately. i mean sure if i consistently read you
[Mina]
wrong you might have a point...but I don't, and you don't.
...digging for Town credit from Mina.

Everything not mentioned here basically says nothing. Equinox hasn't said anything worth bringing up.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:54 am

Post by danakillsu »

SocioPath wrote:Everyone needs to realize that RC is going to quotewall and post content or "content" regardless of side he is on.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Is this SOCIOPATH??? AGREEING WITH ME???
All is not right with the world. There will be consequences...
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:00 am

Post by SpyreX »

*sigh*

Vi, are they right? Because normally I feel like I've looked into the ark when I see you lay down the smack.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:07 am

Post by SocioPath »

danakillsu wrote:
SocioPath wrote:Everyone needs to realize that RC is going to quotewall and post content or "content" regardless of side he is on.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Is this SOCIOPATH??? AGREEING WITH ME???
All is not right with the world. There will be consequences...
I never agreed with you.
I was making a side point.
You were saying that RC has done nothing that was particularly scummy.
A lot of people in a lot of games tend to go 'RC is putting too much effort in to be scum.'
I wanted to make it clear that RC 'looking' townie is no where close to him BEING townie.
So in a way, I was actually disagreeing with you more than agreeing, other than the fact I don't find RC currently to be particularly scummy.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:08 am

Post by SpyreX »

The other bits aside I really dont like the AV-scum better start another wagon business.

Most everything else Socio says is truths
Show

Proud member of BaM
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:09 am

Post by Vi »

I can't understand a word you're saying in 720 or the post before it, SpyreX.
If you're asking about the lack of Swift Justice face ownage, that's because they haven't said anything, to cause me to own their face or otherwise. I'm putting them down as an "nuke depository" and moving on.

I also don't see what Socio's point is in 715.
So nothing then.
dana 714 wrote:Are you guys so sure that town RC would make a ton more sense than this?
Very much so.
Swift Justice
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:16 am

Post by Swift Justice »

(Equinox)

Vi wrote:Faraday didn't say anything until he started defending the idea of Mina being Town due to even THINKING about breaking the game, which is a bit shallow but more to the point seems like a token set of :words: to contrast with a sea of miscellaneous nothing.

Faraday's thinking on this was that early setup speculation from Mina was a weak town tell; furthermore, he doubted that Mina-scum would want to face the scrutiny of having to come up with a pro-town-looking plan and then following through with it.

Today happens to be Read DEFCON Day, so I'm doing that now and continuing when I come back home. Hold me to this, etc.
HIGH TIER HYDRA.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”