Newbie 1120 - The Scum in Sherlock (Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:33 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #1

cloudocean:
Thor665, ninjacheese, Hellhound1 (L-2)
Thor665:
Scumhunter,
cloudocean

Swag136:
cloudocean
Hellhound1
: hiplop
hiplop
:
Thor665

Awesoma:
Hellhound1

Not Voting:
Awesoma, startransmission, Swag136

Deadline is on July 6th, 2011, at 2PM Central Time.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
cloudocean
cloudocean
Goon
cloudocean
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:36 am

Post by cloudocean »

@Hellhound1
Hellhound1 wrote:In case you get called out and try to stay in by saying you'll tell us something important
the next day?

2. I don't think degree in importance has a link to an instant explanation.

@Thor665
1. You're going to have to wait. I can't answer your second question as of now.
2. How is bandwagoning "townish"?
3. I am going to quote you.
Thor665 wrote:Obvious scum is obvious.
I am going to go out on a limb here and say that such a statement is quite definitive. At that point, I made no indication that I couldn't explain my revote right away.
Thus, A. Can you explain why you're contradicting yourself?
B. Can you not avoid the question? Unless there's a good reason as to why you're avoiding explaining a "scumtell."
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:41 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

cloudocean wrote:@Hellhound1
Hellhound1 wrote:In case you get called out and try to stay in by saying you'll tell us something important
the next day?

2. I don't think degree in importance has a link to an instant explanation.

1) Whole quote was
Hellhound1 wrote:In case you get called out and try to stay in by saying you'll tell us something important the next day? Just a thought :wink:

Notice,
Just a thought

2) Theres no point withholding non-important information unless a) it's you trying to get people to keep you in or b) you're lying.
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:42 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

Woops, ruined a quote tag there. It uses speech marks, thats a new one on me :P
cloudocean
cloudocean
Goon
cloudocean
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:49 am

Post by cloudocean »

1. Do you think the state of conjecture excuses one from backing up their words? Also, I'd just like to point out that as seen, I did not "put words in [your] mouth."
2. Fair.
Explanation for revote:
I RV'd, noticed Thor was an IC and figured that a BW on a noob would probably lead to more useful reactions.
There are two reasons I did not BW onto Awesoma:
1. I figured that jumping BW's from an IC to a complete newbie would complicate things. As such, my conclusion was that I had to start my own bandwagon to be as discrete as possible.
2. I do not like people with "swag."
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

cloudocean wrote:@Thor665
1. You're going to have to wait. I can't answer your second question as of now.
2. How is bandwagoning "townish"?
3. I am going to quote you.
Thor665 wrote:Obvious scum is obvious.
I am going to go out on a limb here and say that such a statement is quite definitive. At that point, I made no indication that I couldn't explain my revote right away.
Thus, A. Can you explain why you're contradicting yourself?
B. Can you not avoid the question? Unless there's a good reason as to why you're avoiding explaining a "scumtell."

1. As already indicated - sure.
2. Because if you're scum he's not behaving like a buddy would. Bandwagoning is actually a fairly neutral tell in and of itself, and is only alignment driven in relation to how it was done and when and on players of what alignment.
3a. I am not contradicting myself.
3b. I have explained the scumtell. Here it is in small bites - your vote at that stage had to be fairly random. You chose to change it for a reason. Due to the timeframe of the game there are very few reasons available. Scum have access to lots more reasons than town. You demurred explaining what, for town, had to be a reasonless shift or a shift for joke purposes. Ergo - you're scum.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:52 am

Post by Thor665 »

cloudocean wrote:
Explanation for revote:
I RV'd, noticed Thor was an IC and figured that a BW on a noob would probably lead to more useful reactions.

Value of not explaining this right away?
Awesoma
Awesoma
Townie
Awesoma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:54 am

Post by Awesoma »

Unfortunately, were random lynching, which we have to do for the first day.

So, as a response to you, Hellhound, I choose you

VOTE: Vote:Hellhound1
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:55 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

You can't misquote me and try to say that's the meaning of my words, i only said that it would be a possible gameplan, and least for D1.
Wasnt so hard was it? :P
I'll keep my vote where it is for now.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:56 am

Post by Thor665 »

Awesoma wrote:Unfortunately, were random lynching, which we have to do for the first day.

Well, actually we're random voting - not random lynching.
Also, no votes in the RVS are actually random, so there is that too.

Thoughts on ocean?
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:57 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

Awesoma wrote:Unfortunately, were random lynching, which we have to do for the first day.

So, as a response to you, Hellhound, I choose you

VOTE: Vote:Hellhound1

Fair enough, although i've unvoted you, and voted someone else, because as Thor said, things are happening.
Awesoma
Awesoma
Townie
Awesoma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:58 am

Post by Awesoma »

Ah, I see that you unvoted me, therefore, I will unvote you! :D

UNVOTE: Hellhound1
Currently unsure who to vote with. Want to see how this plays out farther
cloudocean
cloudocean
Goon
cloudocean
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:00 am

Post by cloudocean »

@Thor665
1. You seem pretty confident that I'm scum. Something that you have failed to fully explained, in my opinion
2. I am going to point out the contradiction.

- You voted me and called me "obvious scum."
- When asked why revoting is scummy, you said that I wasn't scummy until after I refused to explain my revote.
- You called me "obvious scum" before I essentially said "I'm not going to explain until later."
- Conclusion: You changed your story midway. That is a contradiction. Nice try though.

3. I gave the reason. Also, please explain why scum would revote. I also explained why I demurred my response. Please explain how I am still "scum."
4. Value: I was trying to salvage the situation and continue on with my attempts to get the BW going. Obviously, it did not work.

@Hellhound1
1. I did not misquote you. I left out the end, because I do not feel a state of conjecture excuses one from backing their own words - a belief that you have failed to challenge as per my request (i.e. you avoided my question).
2. Is there a reason why you're still voting me?
3. Is there a reason why you unvoting changes the fact that you voted him [Awesoma] and he felt a need to respond?

@Awesoma
1. Your vote didn't seem like a "RV" to me at all - but rather an OMGUS. This is strengthened by "Ah, I see that you unvoted me, therefore, I will unvote you!" Is there a reason why you said your vote was part of the RV stage?
Awesoma
Awesoma
Townie
Awesoma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:01 am

Post by Awesoma »

Thor665 wrote:

Well, actually we're random voting - not random lynching.
Also, no votes in the RVS are actually random, so there is that too.

Thoughts on ocean?

Cloudocean, based on all 100+ posts of his that I have read from his profile, seems to get neutral roles a lot, like Serial Killer. In one of his games,
I believe he was lynched Day four. I dont know his luck on Mafia PMs though, and as such, cannot judge him based on that.
cloudocean
cloudocean
Goon
cloudocean
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:03 am

Post by cloudocean »

Just noticed.

When I said "you said that I wasn't scummy..." I am apportioning confidence to the relative statement. I do not feel as if "you were kinda scummy then" warrants a "obvious scum is obvious."

@Awesoma
1. I am fairly sure I have received a neutral role once - maybe twice. It seems like you didn't actually read my "100+ posts." Is there a reason why you lied?
2. Your "thoughts on ocean" didn't give any information pertinent to what has happened in this game. Please answer the question better.
Awesoma
Awesoma
Townie
Awesoma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:05 am

Post by Awesoma »

cloudocean wrote:@Thor665
1. You seem pretty confident that I'm scum. Something that you have failed to fully explained, in my opinion
2. I am going to point out the contradiction.

- When asked why revoting is scummy, you said that I wasn't scummy until after I refused to explain my revote.
- You called me "obvious scum" before I essentially said "I'm not going to explain until later."
- Conclusion: You changed your story midway. That is a contradiction. Nice try though.

3. I gave the reason. Also, please explain why scum would revote. I also explained why I demurred my response. Please explain how I am still "scum."
4. Value: I was trying to salvage the situation and continue on with my attempts to get the BW going. Obviously, it did not work.

@Hellhound1
1. I did not misquote you. I left out the end, because I do not feel a state of conjecture excuses one from backing their own words - a belief that you have failed to challenge as per my request (i.e. you avoided my question).
3. Is there a reason why you unvoting changes the fact that you voted him [Awesoma] and he felt a need to respond?

@Awesoma
1. Your vote didn't seem like a "RV" to me at all - but rather an OMGUS. This is strengthened by "Ah, I see that you unvoted me, therefore, I will unvote you!" Is there a reason why you said your vote was part of the RV stage?

Thats true, now that Ive read a bit more into it, and I dont want to seem like a beliggerent A-hole, I am considering my vote and will not cast my vote until this gets past the first page. I want some thoughts to back me up. So, yes, it pretty much was an OMGUS. I stated that it was part of the RV stage due to the fact taht we seem to be assuming a lot of our accusations. Nothing is truly backed up by actions made in this game, as there really hasnt been any events yet, since it is only day one. It was probably a new player mistake. Good analysis btw, Im impressed. :D

I just saw your recent post now, and I skimmed. I noticed in two prominent games that you were SK, I could've been mistaken. Not usually do I give away my role on the first day, but if I am pressured too, I will. So far I do not feel eyes drifting to me, other than yours, which is understandable, since Ive sort of started pointing fingers at you.
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:07 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

cloudocean wrote:
@Hellhound1

1) I misunderstood the question, it was simply a possibility. At this point you didnt state the importance of the information, and so i assumed that because you wouldnt reveal it after being accused as scum, it must have some importance. It was a thought i wrote down, during the shortlived random phase, sorry if i cant 100% back it up.
2) Because theres no one better to vote for, yet. If someone else appears scummier, then i shall transfer my vote.
3) Just pointing out it was random is all..

Please, dont read too deeply into my words yet, im just getting to know everybody :wink:
cloudocean
cloudocean
Goon
cloudocean
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:09 am

Post by cloudocean »

@Awesoma
Thoughts on what has happened in this game specifically so far?
I would suggest looking at Thor's contradiction.

unvote

Reasoning: No point anymore.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:12 am

Post by Thor665 »

cloudocean wrote:2. I am going to point out the contradiction.

- Yes.
- Actually, I said it wasn't 'that' scummy - which is totally different than saying it wasn't scummy. Nice try though. ;)
- Yes.
- Nope.
cloudocean wrote:3. I gave the reason. Also, please explain why scum would revote. I also explained why I demurred my response. Please explain how I am still "scum."

3. Trying to look not scummy is not something town should worry about as much as you just indicated you did. Town know they're not scummy. Also, you tried to retroactively work in a RVS reasoning. So silly and so obviously fake.
4. Salvage what? Which bandwagon were you trying to work?
Awesoma
Awesoma
Townie
Awesoma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:13 am

Post by Awesoma »

cloudocean wrote:Just noticed.

When I said "you said that I wasn't scummy..." I am apportioning confidence to the relative statement. I do not feel as if "you were kinda scummy then" warrants a "obvious scum is obvious."

@Awesoma
1. I am fairly sure I have received a neutral role once - maybe twice. It seems like you didn't actually read my "100+ posts." Is there a reason why you lied?
2. Your "thoughts on ocean" didn't give any information pertinent to what has happened in this game. Please answer the question better.

In addition, I also didnt state anything about you being scum, as I do not know and have not truly read enough through your posts to be able to make a fair accusation of you being scum. Ill make a few quotes of some games Ive seen you previous roles, but "Luck" is not a viable accusation point, thus Im not voting for you, let alone anyone yet.

Quote 1: (Mini 1170)
11.) earworm/Quinnster-Vanilla Townie. Lynched Day 1.
1.) charter/Necessary Evil- Wacther. Killed Night 1.
4.) Nobody Special/kondi2424/WingDamage9001- Vanilla Townie. Killed Night 1.
6.) cloudocean- Serial Killer. Lynched Day 2.

That game is on Day 3, and you were SK.

Quote 2:
Dead Player List:
}|{opa ((Cloudocean) (Kamitruppe)), Mafia Goon, Lynched Day One
Drmyshottyizsik (Adrien C), Vanilla Townie, Shot Night One

Im assuming you were replaced, by the parenthesees, this could be a misconception, as I am still new to the site.
This is you in a Mafia Goon role, but still, thats not enough to say that you never get town roles.

Quote 3:White Flag Mafia
Winners!
Wisteria the Mafia Roleblocker wins!
cloudocean the Mafia Ninja wins!
Robbnva the Mafia Framer wins!

Theres another game where you are Mafia, still not enough to warrant that all you ever get is neutral/mafia roles. But
I have yet to find a game where you are town.
Awesoma
Awesoma
Townie
Awesoma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:14 am

Post by Awesoma »

I'm tiring of pulling out quotes, and I have no true reasoning or events to back up accusations of Cloud. Still waiting
to cast my vote.
Awesoma
Awesoma
Townie
Awesoma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:19 am

Post by Awesoma »

Thor665 wrote:
cloudocean wrote:2. I am going to point out the contradiction.

- Yes.
- Actually, I said it wasn't 'that' scummy - which is totally different than saying it wasn't scummy. Nice try though. ;)
- Yes.
- Nope.
cloudocean wrote:3. I gave the reason. Also, please explain why scum would revote. I also explained why I demurred my response. Please explain how I am still "scum."

3. Trying to look not scummy is not something town should worry about as much as you just indicated you did. Town know they're not scummy. Also, you tried to retroactively work in a RVS reasoning. So silly and so obviously fake.
4. Salvage what? Which bandwagon were you trying to work?

I hate to be posting a LOT, but I believe Thor is innocent. In most of his games, according to his Wiki page, he virtually never got scum.
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:20 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

Awesoma wrote:In most of his games, according to his Wiki page, he virtually never got scum.

In no way accusing him, i believe him to be town so far, but that doesnt stop him being scum, i dont believe he has a choice whether or not he's scum..
Awesoma
Awesoma
Townie
Awesoma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:22 am

Post by Awesoma »

Hellhound1 wrote:
Awesoma wrote:In most of his games, according to his Wiki page, he virtually never got scum.

In no way accusing him, i believe him to be town so far, but that doesnt stop him being scum, i dont believe he has a choice whether or not he's scum..

He does not, it is all randomized, but then again, most of our accusations are "randomized" as well. For example, you voted me because I was at the top of the list. ( I find that amusing btw, Im not ticked off at you :) ) IF the game was farther along, theres no way we would vote like that..
Awesoma
Awesoma
Townie
Awesoma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:24 am

Post by Awesoma »

I guess Im going to jump on the bandwagon.

VOTE: CloudoceanVOTE:

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”