Newbie 1116 -- Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

EBWODP:
Also, my little tantrum has effectively done the OPPOSITE of stifling conversation...interesting how that works out. =D Not that it was intentional...just thought it was interesting.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes
Cataracts close the blinds
Let me let comfort come drown by your side.

As Town: 4-4
As Mafia: 5-0
Total Games Completed: 13

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

Grimmjow wrote:Look, I'm not saying argue with me. What I am saying is that basically throwing your hands up in the air gets the town and this game nowhere. So how about we not argue and instead we actually just try to play the game?

Now, that being said, I'd like to point out, once again, that several people are still inactive, and this isn't getting us anywhere. Assuming that the 4 or 5 of us that are being active are town, that means we're essentially turning on one another while scum sits back. I'm keeping my vote on VE, but let's keep an eye out as well. Also, I'm interested to know what the replacement is going to say.

Just take your vote off me already...we both know you're going to do it. You just didn't wanna do it first. And now you don't have to. So do it. ;)
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:06 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 1.06

VisceraEyes - 3 - Zihark, Grimmjow, Workdawg
Grimmjow - 2 - Miss JJ, bigAl
Miss JJ - 1 - cymru96

No Lynch - 1 - VisceraEyes

Not Voting: tucah, Dickov

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline: June 30 -- (expired on 2011-06-30 11:00:00)

V/LA: ...
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:06 pm

Post by bigAl »

VisceraEyes wrote:Day 1. My efforts are netting town nothing at this point. I'm going to vote for whomever the rest of town decides is the best candidate. I hope it's at least an inactive, but if the town decides that my efforts in scumhunting, encouraging discussion, using REASON to back up my statements and keeping an open mind should be considered scummy, then Mafia has ALREADY won. If I survive tonight, I'm perfectly willing to try again tomorrow.

I'd like to point out that if I'm wrong about something, that would NOT make me scum. Being Mafia would make me scum. Being wrong just makes me wrong. If I'm wrong, tell me I'm wrong. Don't make fun of me. Don't poke fun at my posts because I took time and effort to make them pretty. I think it's funny how when I pointed out that Grimm was being a condescending jerk, he IMMEDIATELY apologizes when no one is on his side...but the very SECOND someone else calls me to the stand, it's back to 'Oh man, what an idiot.'

Typically shit like this doesn't bother me, but I feel like I've been playing the best town game of my LIFE. Clearly I'm missing something.

I for one believe VE. This post confirms it more for me, particularly the second paragraph there.

[meta]@VE The reason I left mafiascum years ago is cause I was tired of all the internetjerks being mean to each other. I poke my head back in every couple years to see if it's gotten any better but then I remember it's the internet and it won't. I know personal drama shouldn't come into games but it does sometimes and I guess it's something we gotta live with. I hope that anything I posted didn't offend - my posts like #171 wasn't making fun of your long posts, I was just trying to say, "Hey, I'm still here, I'm still reading, I'm trying to catch up as fast as I can, but don't have a post ready yet." I dunno. I hate to see an engaged player give up like this - now I feel shitty.[/meta]

Anyway, now to decided what to do with all the lurkers...

And this JJ vs Cy thing has been swept under the rug; I've totally ignored it but gotta reread that conversation too.

Moderator Nobody, can we please have a prod or replacement on tucah? Been 72 hours now.
Sigh, not looking forward to having three replacements. :(
Come play Metroplexity! Come play Unangband!
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by bigAl »

Okay, several people slipped in while I was writing that. I'm glad VE is going to try at least.

Workdawg's vote kind of came out of left field for me... interesting. Hm.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:21 pm

Post by bigAl »

(Oops, hit submit instead of preview. To continue my previous paragraph) I wonder if a Grimmjow/Workdawg scumteam would be too obvious/dangerous a play. Were I scum, I would separate myself from my partner more, but with such an inactive town, they probably could nearly pull it off. Kill VE today, me tonight and they would be the only ones voting tomorrow... Maybe I'm getting paranoid.

@Cy you seem dedicated on your JJ vote, but if, for the sake of argument, you have to lynch either Grimm or VE who would you support? I don't see much evidence for JJ (that you've stated) other that stuff about that typo.

[meta]Also, I've been thinking if it would be worth it to divide games into fastpaced/slowpaced categories so that everyone can play at the rate they like.[/meta]
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:39 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

agreed...that would rock. I heard that the upper echelons of this site move faster? Is that not accurate?
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:10 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

tucah has been prodded. He has 48 hours to respond; if he doesn't he will be replaced.
....what?

Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:10 pm

Post by Grimmjow »

VisceraEyes wrote:
Grimmjow wrote:Look, I'm not saying argue with me. What I am saying is that basically throwing your hands up in the air gets the town and this game nowhere. So how about we not argue and instead we actually just try to play the game?

Now, that being said, I'd like to point out, once again, that several people are still inactive, and this isn't getting us anywhere. Assuming that the 4 or 5 of us that are being active are town, that means we're essentially turning on one another while scum sits back. I'm keeping my vote on VE, but let's keep an eye out as well. Also, I'm interested to know what the replacement is going to say.

Just take your vote off me already...we both know you're going to do it. You just didn't wanna do it first. And now you don't have to. So do it. ;)

Ok, the only real thing that I have to say here is this: wait, what?! First, you say you're not going to do any more scum-hunting, and when I call that out as being scummy, you jump back in the game and are like "no, screw that, I'm going to play, but I'm going to ignore everything Grimm has to say" and then you respond to one of my posts by saying "just take your vote off me." Uhm, no, that's not how this works. You, sir, are making way too many contradictions here. 1)Tired of people ignoring you, so you stop scum-hunting; 2)Called out on being scummy because of previous, so you jump back in the game; 3)Saying your going to ignore me, yet post a reply to something I say; 4)Tell me that I'm going to unvote you for whatever reason when I've stated many times since my wall-o-text that I find you increasingly scummy.
Nope, not playing that game. My vote stays on you, sir.
/DANCE OR FEED
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:15 pm

Post by Grimmjow »

bigAl wrote:
VisceraEyes wrote:Day 1. My efforts are netting town nothing at this point. I'm going to vote for whomever the rest of town decides is the best candidate. I hope it's at least an inactive, but if the town decides that my efforts in scumhunting, encouraging discussion, using REASON to back up my statements and keeping an open mind should be considered scummy, then Mafia has ALREADY won. If I survive tonight, I'm perfectly willing to try again tomorrow.

I'd like to point out that if I'm wrong about something, that would NOT make me scum. Being Mafia would make me scum. Being wrong just makes me wrong. If I'm wrong, tell me I'm wrong. Don't make fun of me. Don't poke fun at my posts because I took time and effort to make them pretty. I think it's funny how when I pointed out that Grimm was being a condescending jerk, he IMMEDIATELY apologizes when no one is on his side...but the very SECOND someone else calls me to the stand, it's back to 'Oh man, what an idiot.'

Typically shit like this doesn't bother me, but I feel like I've been playing the best town game of my LIFE. Clearly I'm missing something.

I for one believe VE. This post confirms it more for me, particularly the second paragraph there.

So, may I ask you, are you ignoring then the fact that I rebutted a couple things he said in that second paragraph? Namely, apologizing because no one's on my side, and then turning into an asshole again as soon as someone else is suspicious of him?

I will say that I do agree with him. Being wrong doesn't make him scum. However, even after having been told where he was wrong, he refused to see it, and I can only surmise that he is very headstrong and refuses to listen to reason or that he's scum trying to cover it up and point the blame at someone else, which, as I have said, I believe he is scum, especially based on how he has played since his and my confrontation.
/DANCE OR FEED
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

@Grimmjow

You need to take a step back and calm down. Now, clearly you have no sense of humor. Let me put it to you this way. This play-by-play of the last few posts is just useless repetition. If you've gone back and reread something scummy pages ago, and you think you should bring attention to it, post about that. But this business of posting everything I say and just saying "I think this is scummy" is getting ridiculous. Especially when it was PAINFULLY obvious that I was making a joke. Now, you've stated your case against me. At length. You don't accept any defense, your mind is ABSOLUTELY made up. Now let everyone else make up their own mind. Start looking for my scum-partner if you're so sure I'm scum. But I can assure you, the more you tunnel me, the scummier you look to the rest of town. This isn't even an attack, it's an observation. PLEASE just drop it.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:13 pm

Post by Grimmjow »

The only thing that I can honestly say that I thoroughly disagree with is the "PAINFULLY obvious" part. I didn't see anything in your last few posts as a joke. I thought perhaps you were still huffing and puffing over my attacks on you, personal or otherwise. And since emotions don't translate over text well, I can't say at all that your jokes were obvious. Just sayin'.
/DANCE OR FEED
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:01 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

Honestly? The bit about take your vote off me? You really think I think you're just gonna unvote me because I asked you to? I even put a cute little wink at the end and everything. Honestly, do I need to use the [joke]tag[/joke]? lol
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:13 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

How about this as a compromise. I'll stop saying I think you're scummy just in general conversation as long as you stop saying I'M scummy in general conversation, with the mutual understanding that we just consider the other scummy and we may or may not at any given time have cast a vote to hang the other one to death. Unless we're actually building a post against the other, we'll just treat each other as mutually suspicious <.< >.> <.< townsfolk.

Deal?
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
cymru96
cymru96
Goon
cymru96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:10 pm

Post by cymru96 »

@bigAl I think that one of VE and Grimmjow is mafia but I don't know which. If I had to come to decision I would read some of their posts and see what sounds scummy.

UNLESS... they are playing an elaborate set-up where their BOTH scum. Unlikely... yes.
Record as townie- 0-0

Record as Scum- 2-0
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:58 am

Post by bigAl »

cymru96 wrote:@bigAl I think that one of VE and Grimmjow is mafia but I don't know which. If I had to come to decision I would read some of their posts and see what sounds scummy.

Well, please read their posts and let me know what sounds scummy. You can't be indecisive forever.
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:51 am

Post by Workdawg »

@VE

About your reply to my case

"Too Town"

I agree that "too town" is kind of a sketchy descriptor, but I think it's adequate. I certainly don't want to discourage people from speaking their minds, however I feel like a lot of your comments are obvious and overwhelming. Throwing out obvious points in HUGE LETTERS just kinda seemed like you were trying to earn bonus town points. I guess this IS a newbie game, so maybe I should just let that go.

Scum-buddy with zihark

This comment was mostly an afterthought and I find it rather unlikely... but there are certainly reasons for voting him if that is the case.

Firstly, a vote from his own scum-buddy is much more likely to prod him into activity. If he is messing up bad enough that even his scum-buddy is voting him for inactivity, then he should know for sure he's got to get his ass in gear.

It also gives you a history, albeit a minor one, of voting for him that you could try and twist in your favor if he does flip scum later on.

It's a pretty safe move to vote him in this manner so early on when there are few votes on him.

Voting

I'm not really buying this.

In his ONE post I mentioned, he was replying to me and he barely said anything. He only referred to the things he had already said before. Why didn't he get on your radar when he said it the first time?

I'm willing to give you a little leeway on the tantrum stuff because the length of the days takes some getting used to, but not on this. I don't see that as an excuse having for your switch from cym to Grimm.

"Back in the game"

I don't think your response and your "rejoining" the game is redeeming at all. In fact, I think the fact that your "back" so quickly is a bit suspicious as well. Not even an hour after I call you out for your actions being scummy, you pull a complete 180. It seems like your just trying to appease me, since I'm suspicious of you.

@bigAl

How can you see VE's post 194 (the "I quit" post) as town? He's been BY FAR the most gung-ho player in the game so far. He doesn't get the reaction that he wants and he quits... and somehow this is good for town? I don't see ANY town motivation behind it at all.
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:41 am

Post by Grimmjow »

VisceraEyes wrote:How about this as a compromise. I'll stop saying I think you're scummy just in general conversation as long as you stop saying I'M scummy in general conversation, with the mutual understanding that we just consider the other scummy and we may or may not at any given time have cast a vote to hang the other one to death. Unless we're actually building a post against the other, we'll just treat each other as mutually suspicious <.< >.> <.< townsfolk.

Deal?

And how would this be beneficial to the town, seeing as I think you're scum? Essentially ignoring things you do is not going to help us out at all. Your lynch and scumflip would, however. I'll agree to back off being so fierce against you, and I certainly am going to keep my eye on you, but I'm also going to call out everything that I see as scummy coming from you, such as a post like this one trying to divert attention from yourself. And, I'm keeping my vote where it belongs: on you.

Unless someone else comes out and suddenly is incredibly scummy, I'm keeping my vote there too. That's not to say that I'm not watching out for scumminess from others, because I sure as hell am.
/DANCE OR FEED
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:50 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Seeking replacement for Zihark.
....what?

Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:52 am

Post by Grimmjow »

I thought Dickov was supposed to be replacing him...? Oh, geez, this is getting us nowhere -.-
/DANCE OR FEED
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:57 am

Post by Nobody Special »

No, Dickov is (supposedly) replacing Yonzy. Dickov has ~12 hours to post or be re-replaced. Sigh.
....what?

Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:01 am

Post by Grimmjow »

Oh, huh. Didn't know that was the rule...
/DANCE OR FEED
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:09 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Generally, I give players 48 hours for game-related actions (exception: Nights). Not a hard and fast rule, per se, more of a courtesy.
....what?

cymru96
cymru96
Goon
cymru96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:50 am

Post by cymru96 »

ok...

I think Grimmjow is scum and he is trying to hide it in the feud with Viscera. He is trying to play it off as Viscera being scum but after the insults it seems that he has no basis and resorts to personal jibes. I think that because of this he is scummy. I am not gonna vote for him because I think he and Miss JJ are scum so I stick to JJ.

I think Viscera is a scum hunter and is being targeted by Grimmjow to cover Grimm's scummyness

KA-POW!
Record as townie- 0-0

Record as Scum- 2-0
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:16 am

Post by Grimmjow »

cymru96 wrote:ok...

I think Grimmjow is scum and he is trying to hide it in the feud with Viscera. He is trying to play it off as Viscera being scum but after the insults it seems that he has no basis and resorts to personal jibes. I think that because of this he is scummy.

Uhm, what? I have no basis? My counterarguments have all had basis. I have either refuted VE's claims with evidence, or, if it was an attack of my playstyle, I have stated where/how that was wrong as well. Hell, I even friggin' apologized for being a dick, because I realized I was being a dick. What the hell? Cy, if you honestly think this, give me examples of why you think this. As in quotes. As in something tangible rather than just "gut" suspicion.
/DANCE OR FEED

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”