Newbie 1120 - The Scum in Sherlock (Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:08 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Thor665 is scum, cloudocean is town. Will explain shortly.
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:13 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Thor665 wrote:
2. Depends on if you flip scum, I suppose. But - yeah, he's the most townish player thus far, I certainly don't see anyone looking more town than him.

Why are you talking about what he flips on literally page 1? Wtf is this. Everything about your posts seems to be push push pushing people towards a cloudocean lynch to ACTUALLY go through. Even when it gets to L-1, you don't state any intent to unvote or even ask people not to hammer. I interpret your play as brazenly pushing the ML here as scum.

cloudocean wrote:1. Do you think the state of conjecture excuses one from backing up their words? Also, I'd just like to point out that as seen, I did not "put words in [your] mouth."
2. Fair.
Explanation for revote:
I RV'd, noticed Thor was an IC and figured that a BW on a noob would probably lead to more useful reactions.
There are two reasons I did not BW onto Awesoma:
1. I figured that jumping BW's from an IC to a complete newbie would complicate things. As such, my conclusion was that I had to start my own bandwagon to be as discrete as possible.
2. I do not like people with "swag."

This is a perfectly reasonable explanation of why he changed his RVS vote. I don't understand the case on cloudocean at all. I think he is the towniest one here so far.

@those of you voting cloudocean, can you explain to me in your own words why you are voting him? "He's scummy" does not suffice.

@Awesoma, luck with roles in the past should not influence who you should vote. Every person in this game has the same likelihood of drawing scum in the pregame. Please never use that as a reason to vote/not vote for someone!
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:14 am

Post by Scumhunter »

unvote, Vote Thor665

This is me confirming this is no longer an RVS vote, but a serious FOS.
Show
-----
-----
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:10 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

Im on my phone so ill keep it short, buy i vote cloudocean still because of the way hes twisted what i said, and what Thor said, to make us sound scummy. That to me is the scummiest thing so far.
ninjacheese
ninjacheese
Townie
ninjacheese
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:17 am

Post by ninjacheese »

Scumhunter wrote:
@those of you voting cloudocean, can you explain to me in your own words why you are voting him? "He's scummy" does not suffice.

Im voting for him because he seems to change people words to make them look scummy and he delibratly misenterpts peoples posts to make them look scummy.
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:32 am

Post by Scumhunter »

What you consider "twisting words" I view as overstating suspicions to gather reactions. Try not to take his pushing on you personal. For townies, it is hard to trust anyone at this phase so his suspicions are a way of testing how you react to him, What he is doing is actually pro-town, Townies need to prove their towniness to each other, which is why he is saying suspicious things about you to get you to react.

I don't think there is anyway that he could expect Thor to tunnel on him as strong as he has for such a poor reason. Thor's initial case and strong push for a vote on cloud is absolute and utter shit!

I'm very strongly against a cloudocean lynch.

Tin-foil hat moment of the day: What if Thor/cloudocean are doing some epic sort of bus-distancing and are both scum? I highly doubt it. Just wanted to mention it so that if it turns out to be the case I can feel at least somewhat competent later.
Show
-----
-----
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:40 am

Post by Thor665 »

Scumhunter wrote:Why are you talking about what he flips on literally page 1? Wtf is this. Everything about your posts seems to be push push pushing people towards a cloudocean lynch to ACTUALLY go through. Even when it gets to L-1, you don't state any intent to unvote or even ask people not to hammer. I interpret your play as brazenly pushing the ML here as scum.

Why would I want to unvote or tell people not to hammer when he is at L-1? How does this make me scummy?

Scumhunter wrote:This is a perfectly reasonable explanation of why he changed his RVS vote. I don't understand the case on cloudocean at all. I think he is the towniest one here so far.

Why do you think he delayed explaining his reason?
WHy do you think it took the massive argument from Hellhound of "There's no reason to dealy" to convince him to give his reason?

Scumhunter wrote:Tin-foil hat moment of the day: What if Thor/cloudocean are doing some epic sort of bus-distancing and are both scum?

Then you should be voting cloudocean - since he looks the most townlike he is clearly the superior player.
Where is this bit of twittery coming from?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:41 am

Post by Thor665 »

"There's no reason to *delay*"
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:29 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #5

cloudocean:
Thor665, Hellhound1, ninjacheese (L-2)
Thor665:
Scumhunter, cloudocean,
Hellhound1
: hiplop

Not Voting:
startransmission, Swag136, Awesoma,
ninjacheese

Deadline is on July 6th, 2011, at 2PM Central Time.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

hiplop is V/LA until June 19th.

If you're going to vote for someone you're already voting for as a rhetorical device, please say "Confirm Vote" and not "Unvote, Vote:".
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:23 am

Post by Scumhunter »

-You'd want to unvote to give him a chance to claim in case he is a power role. like cop ?!?!? C'mon you should know better.
-You are scummy because you aren't thinking things through and tunneling like a mofo.

-He explained why he waited on his reasoning. He didn't want to out that his switch was for pressure as that defeats the purpose of a pressure vote obviously.
-He was being stubborn. It is a failure to communicate pure and simple. Not indicative of scum whatsover.

Question at you Thor: Are you willing to be lynched tomorrow if (and its almost certainly a "when") cloudocean flips town? Like instant lynched with no questions asked?

If not, why are you incessant that we lynch him. It's 5 pages into the game and im telling you the case on him is shit (and that is even if he ends up being scum).
Show
-----
-----
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:45 am

Post by Thor665 »

Scumhunter wrote:-You'd want to unvote to give him a chance to claim in case he is a power role. like cop ?!?!? C'mon you should know better.
-You are scummy because you aren't thinking things through and tunneling like a mofo.

1. L-1 still gives him a chance to claim, why would I need to unvote to L-2 to manage a claim?
2. I think you're mistaking aggression with being scummy. You did the same thing last game we were in, whassup?

Scumhunter wrote:-He explained why he waited on his reasoning. He didn't want to out that his switch was for pressure as that defeats the purpose of a pressure vote obviously.
-He was being stubborn. It is a failure to communicate pure and simple. Not indicative of scum whatsover.

1. Meh.
2. Tunneling is scummy - stubborn is non-indicative? Double meh.

Scumhunter wrote:Question at you Thor: Are you willing to be lynched tomorrow if (and its almost certainly a "when") cloudocean flips town? Like instant lynched with no questions asked?

If I flip town are you willing to be insta-lynched? This is a silly question - the answer is no and also the town would be silly to insta lynch Day 2 under almost any circumstances. Day 2 is one of the most important Days in the game.

Scumhunter wrote:If not, why are you incessant that we lynch him. It's 5 pages into the game and im telling you the case on him is shit (and that is even if he ends up being scum).

Your belief that he is obvious town is also paired with a belief that I am scum - since I know that you're wrong in half your case I have to be somewhat unimpressed with your reads in the other half.
I am being incessant - this is how you actually create pressure in the game. Not by refusing to explain vote shift reasons and not by calling a vote a pressure vote - but by believing what you're doing. How would you describe my play as different here than in the last game we played together?
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:59 am

Post by Scumhunter »

No, the reason I think cloud is town has nothing to do with me thinking your alignment. I am judging cloud on his actions alone and I have no reason to suspect him at the moment.

The fact that you are unwilling to even consider him possibly being town and are aggressively pushing for a lynch on a guy who has done next to nothing wrong is what makes you scum. You are too sure on him being scum for this to be legitimate scumhunting. You were MUCH more cautious the last game I played with you.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:59 am

Post by Scumhunter »

EBWOP: has nothing to do with your alignment. "thinking" does not belong
Show
-----
-----
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:10 am

Post by Thor665 »

Scumhunter wrote:You were MUCH more cautious the last game I played with you.

:?
I remember in our last game our conversations usually went like this;

Thor: FS is town!
Scumhunter: Whut, why?
Thor: Because! Also, we should lynch Meran!
Scumhunter: Why?
Thor: He's scum, such obvious scum, vote him, and leave FS alone.
Scumhunter: None of your cases make sense!

How is that different or more cautious than what I'm doing here? Remember Staeg Day 1 in that game? On him and Meran like white on rice, push, push, push, get a lynch. Day 2 on Meran, push, push, push, get a lynch. I think I'm playing pretty much identically - what's different?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:12 am

Post by Thor665 »

Oh, and cloud's alignment does matter.
Tunneling scum is super pro-town.
Tunneling town sucks.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:20 am

Post by hiplop »

Thor and Cloud are both town. Unfortunately they're both gunning for eachother full force. Thor, without mentioning Cloudocean, who do you think is the scummiest player? Same for you cloud, except with Thor instead.

Awesoma seems to be playing EXACTLY how i did as newbscum. Hes using how often they're given PR as an offense for goodness sake! Thor why havent you put any pressure on awsoma? I know you tend to be forgiving towards newbs, but that kind of play is scummy, whther youre a newb or ..non-newb?

VOTE: awesoma
third best scummer of all time
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:21 am

Post by hiplop »

btw im back from vla mod
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:36 am

Post by Thor665 »

hiplop wrote:Thor, without mentioning Cloudocean, who do you think is the scummiest player?

Scumhunter for ignoring knowledge he already has.

hiplop wrote:Thor why havent you put any pressure on awsoma?

Only one vote - plus his play hasn't been particularly scummy in my opinion.
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:08 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

Still on phone so i can't add any real content, except scumhunter seems to have jumped to clouds defense pretty quickly, ignoring the points put forward, and blindly defending him. Also i believe awesoma is inning, just from something he said.
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:18 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Im not blindly defending him. I'm reading the case and it is shit.
Show
-----
-----
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:35 am

Post by Thor665 »

Why is the case Smurf?
Why is 'Thor is tunneling' a better case?
Why have you not answered my questions about how my play is not as 'careful' in this game as the last one we played?
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:46 am

Post by hiplop »

smurf?
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:49 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

Yeah you're yet to put forward a better case..
Infact, your case against Thor is a joke.
So far its all we have to go on and you'd rather blindly defend cloud than ask a serious question. Why?
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:16 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

Scumhunter wrote:Thor665 is scum, cloudocean is town. Will explain shortly.

Also, you made a very bold statement, and then failed to back it up in any way. Saying ocean is town because you don't agree with Thor is just stupid. Atm my finger is pouting at you & cloud as scum.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:27 pm

Post by hiplop »

Thor665 wrote:
Scumhunter wrote:-You'd want to unvote to give him a chance to claim in case he is a power role. like cop ?!?!? C'mon you should know better.

1. L-1 still gives him a chance to claim, why would I need to unvote to L-2 to manage a claim?
2. I think you're mistaking aggression with being scummy. You did the same thing last game we were in, whassup?

Scumhunter wrote:-He explained why he waited on his reasoning. He didn't want to out that his switch was for pressure as that defeats the purpose of a pressure vote obviously.

1. Meh.
2. Tunneling is scummy - stubborn is non-indicative? Double meh.

Scumhunter wrote:Question at you Thor: Are you willing to be lynched tomorrow if (and its almost certainly a "when") cloudocean flips town? Like instant lynched with no questions asked?

If I flip town are you willing to be insta-lynched? This is a silly question - the answer is no and also the town would be silly to insta lynch Day 2 under almost any circumstances. Day 2 is one of the most important Days in the game.

Scumhunter wrote:If not, why are you incessant that we lynch him. It's 5 pages into the game and im telling you the case on him is shit (and that is even if he ends up being scum).

Your belief that he is obvious town is also paired with a belief that I am scum - since I know that you're wrong in half your case I have to be somewhat unimpressed with your reads in the other half.
I am being incessant - this is how you actually create pressure in the game. Not by refusing to explain vote shift reasons and not by calling a vote a pressure vote - but by believing what you're doing. How would you describe my play as different here than in the last game we played together?

i still have a town read on thor, but something about this post doesnt seem right..

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”