The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:45 am

Post by The Rufflig »

Looks like it was my turn to make a mis-quote. It was iamausername, not Nexus.
Don't Panic!
Where there's life there's hope. Be seeing you!
Wolf Avatar cropped from art by Deligaris@DeviantArt
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:10 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Tar wrote:Also, thoughts on Nexus please.

I’m going to have to look at him in ISO later on today. First impressions have been that his early interactions were Town oriented, and that Snake’s early meta attack on him was bad.

Tar wrote:1) In case you hadn't figured it out, GTFO Snake. Now.

2) Nexus is still scum, join the wagon or explain why you aren't.

1. Snake hardly has enough votes where this kind of statement is warranted.
2. Am I right in that the crux of your ‘Nexus is scum’ germinated from his Snake claim reaction?

1) That reaction is independent of the number of votes on the wagon. I won't elaborate further at this time.
2) Yes. Hell, I had a town read on Nexus up until that wagon reaction (which I can't see coming from town) - remember, I called Nexus-Hoppster a townie fight early in the game.

Zang wrote:
Tahalindur wrote:1) In case you hadn't figured it out, GTFO Snake. Now.

Why? I think he is scum so I'm voting for him.

I see you still haven't figured it out. HINT: We're not lynching Snake today, period. That's just optimal play. Go looking for the player you think is second most likely to be scum.

Note that I'm NOT ruling out the possibility of Snake being scum, just the possibility of him being the D1 lynch.

Don't bother asking for elaboration, you're not going to get any at this time.

Zang wrote:
Tahalindur wrote:2) Nexus is still scum, join the wagon or explain why you aren't.

I'm voting for who I think is scum not who you think is scum.

Let's rephrase this one then.

Do you think Nexus is scum?

Zang wrote:
Tahalindur wrote:3) Hey look, bv310 has enough time to set up his new Mini Theme. I don't see any bv310 posts here.

Shouldn't modding a mini theme game take priority over playing in one?.

Yes (trust me, been there, done that), but it DOES prove that bv310 has been on site lately and thus if he keeps failing to post we can safely assume he's active lurking.

He's got a few days of grace period, though - as I said, been there, done that.

Nexus wrote:
Surye wrote:
Nexus wrote:Well, yes, but is there someone willing to hammer? Or is the wagon just going to disintegrate?

Scummy dismissal of the wagon, without addressing any of the reasons people are on it.

Well as I think most of the reasons stem from a disagreement in meta, in that I think scum will most likely claim VT (oh the irony, how it's going to hamstring me), and my staunch refusal to believe that Snake isn't scum and that his simple VT claim is enough to get people to back off, I think my wagon is as scummy as shit. Definitely scum driven with at least one or two members on there: Surye and Snake probably.

Wilfred Mott-Vanilla Town. I enjoy stargazing and am related to Donna.

Mmm, delicious irony and wine.

Not impressed by the claim at all. Not provable, name isn't on the same level as a Tenth Doctor claim, not seeing what convinced me that Snake is an unacceptable lynch today (those last two are not the same thing).

Also, nice misrep of the case against you, which is mostly about how you were willing to look for somebody scummier than a player you clearly believed was lying. In the same post where you stated that you thought he was lying, no less. Not a second lynch preference to fall back on the Snake wagon proved impossible, but rather a player scummier than Snake. That tells me that your suspicion on Snake isn't genuine. And that, in turn, tells me that you're a lying scumbag.

However, the most important point here is that the reason scum don't claim VT is because VT claims made under threat of lynch usually get lynched unless they have a damn good piece of supporting evidence. Snake's Tenth Doctor claim counts as supporting evidence, though the big reason I'm not willing to lynch him D1 is the other piece of supporting evidence I refuse to elaborate on (took me long enough to notice it). Your Wilfred claim? Doesn't. (I'd expect him to show up in the game in some form, but he's prime falseclaim fodder.)

----

I'm still not sure what it is about iamausername that is convincing me he's scum, but his vote for Nexus doesn't help him at all. Bussing, perhaps?
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:56 am

Post by Zang »

The Ruffig wrote:Did you miss the part where Surye spoke up about Snake's claim? Even Nexus pointed it out.

I FoSed him based only on that post.

The Ruffig wrote:Grah! You drive me crazy, Zang. Everytime I think we're on the same page you say something that makes me think we aren't. I don't think we are talking about the same thing anymore; so, no.

What? I don't understand. 

Tahalindur wrote:I see you still haven't figured it out. HINT: We're not lynching Snake today, period. That's just optimal play. Go looking for the player you think is second most likely to be scum.

What would be the point of me switching my vote to somebody else that "isn't going to be lynched today"? Besides, I already know my second and third picks for scum and if a large wagon builds up on them then I will switch my vote. Until then, I'm voting for who I think is scummiest.

Tahalindur wrote:Do you think Nexus is scum?

I already answered this.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:04 am

Post by Surye »

Zang wrote:
Tahalindur wrote:I see you still haven't figured it out. HINT: We're not lynching Snake today, period. That's just optimal play. Go looking for the player you think is second most likely to be scum.

What would be the point of me switching my vote to somebody else that "isn't going to be lynched today"? Besides, I already know my second and third picks for scum and if a large wagon builds up on them then I will switch my vote. Until then, I'm voting for who I think is scummiest.

Holy crap is this scummy. Way to setup future opportunistic bandwagoning, and withholding reads from town.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:08 am

Post by Zang »

How have I withheld reads?
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:14 am

Post by Surye »

Zang wrote:How have I withheld reads?

Who are your second and third picks for scum you already have?
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:16 am

Post by Zang »

CES and iamusername as I've said previously.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:18 am

Post by Surye »

Zang wrote:CES and iamusername as I've said previously.

You're right, sorry, I checked your ISO again, and that was pretty much a week ago. Long day.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:51 am

Post by Nexus »

I don't understand why you think the Tenth Doctor would be only a VT, but Wilfred wouldn't? :S

Also, as I have spent the day saying, my second lynch preference would be Surye. It always has been.
Trans rights are human rights.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:23 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

MOD – I’ll be V/LA from today at 4pm EST (aka now) until Monday morning for my usual weekend duties.

Bv310 has solildified himself as theoretical Vigbait with his active lurking. I know funerals happen but his activity this game has been below my standards even for low performing BV.

Nexus’s VT claim pretty much solidifies we need to lynch either him or Snake today. Continually drawing VT claims helps solidify scum’s ability to hit Power Roles if both are Town or allows scum to blend in by claiming VT themselves (or perhaps already has).

--

Nexus wrote:Well, yes, but is there someone willing to hammer? Or is the wagon just going to disintegrate?

The first part of this is correct … you should only claim if someone has specifically requested you do when L-1 under threat of being hammered.

The second part makes my skin crawl - as if just sitting doing nothing will make people less suspicious of you.

--

Zang wrote:Actually this makes me think. What if there are more than one doctors such as the newest doctor in this game then it would make more sense if the 10th doctor is scum or a fake claim. Especially, sense it was specified that he was the tenth doctor instead of just the doctor.

Aside from the slight role-fishing (which could easily be unintentional) this is a good point about Snake’s specifc claim being the 10th Doctor.

--

Surye wrote:Holy crap is this scummy. Way to setup future opportunistic bandwagoning, and withholding reads from town.

This is a horrible, horrible attack.

1. Zang’s been forthcoming with his reads.
2. Zang’s content dwarfs yours this game.
3. When I get the chance I am going to review your voting record to see how well it slots with ‘opportunistic bandwagonning’.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Surye »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Surye wrote:Holy crap is this scummy. Way to setup future opportunistic bandwagoning, and withholding reads from town.

This is a horrible, horrible attack.

1. Zang’s been forthcoming with his reads.
2. Zang’s content dwarfs yours this game.
3. When I get the chance I am going to review your voting record to see how well it slots with ‘opportunistic bandwagonning’.

1) He has a lot of content, but it's been a week since he's really mentioned those two, they weren't apperent to me, and he wasn't very clear. I've clarified this.
2) Sup kettle.
3) You do that.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:32 am

Post by Surye »

I haven't said it yet, but Nexus' claim should not stop this lynch. It's very different from Snake's.

Zang, I really don't agree on iamusername, I think he's town.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:53 am

Post by Nexus »

I dunno, sitting doing nothing has allowed most people to get away with doing nothing this day.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:54 am

Post by Nexus »

I am, again, incredulous that my Vanilla claim has been called a lie, and yet Snake's isn't. Your reasoning makes zero sense. It's not as if Wilfred is a minor character.

I know I said I'd get round to doing stuff, but I've been pretty busy with life. I can't make any promises to do anything more, but if you do lynch me, keep an eye on Snake and Surye.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:57 am

Post by Nexus »

Also, Hoppster has disapoofed after jumping on my wagon two days ago.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:00 am

Post by Nexus »

Nexus wrote:EBWOP Checked it, he is indeed voting me. Still, a little bit of accuracy in the VCs would be nice.

Like my threaten to hammer Surye, I'm pretty sure according to the original VC, he was at L-1.

Mod
jasonT1981 wrote:
21]
I'm human, I make mistakes.
Feel free to point out mistakes with small things such as the votecount in thread. If you have issues with the game on a bigger level then please PM me

Only just saw this edit. Please post replies instead mod. I wouldn't mind, but votecount errors can severely mess up a game.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:38 am

Post by Hoppster »

Hoppster wrote:
The Rufflig wrote:Zang's play is confusing me. I keep running through it and I keep coming up with the same conclusion. Either Snake or Zang is scum. Anyone else come to a similar conclusion?

You're going to have to show your working for this.

This would be cool, Rufflig.

Nexus wrote:Wilfred Mott-Vanilla Town. I enjoy stargazing and
am related to Donna

This feels very much like a hastily put together scum fake-claim.

The bit in bold is scum qualifying their fake-claim - "LOOK GAIZ THIS DUDE ACTUALLY EXISTS".

Zang wrote:Actually this makes me think. What if there are more than one doctors such as the newest doctor in this game then it would make more sense if the 10th doctor is scum or a fake claim. Especially, sense it was specified that he was the tenth doctor instead of just the doctor.

Why would the prescence of other incarnations of the Doctor in this game mean that specifically the 10th Doctor makes more sense as a scum or fake claim?

Zang wrote:
The Ruffig wrote:As for the other thing, I thought of it. If I decide to believe you and Snake flips town are you willing to let us lynch you next?

Snake is currently my biggest scum read so I would be willing to sacrifice myself if it means that you'll lynch him.

This may sound weird, but could you read what Rufflig said again and then answer it again for me please?

Nexus wrote:I don't understand why you think the Tenth Doctor would be only a VT, but Wilfred wouldn't? :S

I don't believe anybody's said that.

It's certainly not what Tar has been saying, if that's who you're directing it at (nobody else has really been talking about your specific name-claim).

Surye wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:2. Zang’s content dwarfs yours this game.

2) Sup kettle.

Just to make super-sure: this is directed at MoI, right?

Nexus wrote:Also, Hoppster has disapoofed after jumping on my wagon two days ago.

Cool story bro.

So, is this meant to be an attack on me or something? Looks awfully like scum going "OH HEY LOOK OVER THERE GAIZ".

So why am I of note but then iamausername is not?
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:48 am

Post by Nexus »

Wow. Shockingly you reappeared once mentioned.

re: the related to Donna thing, I'm not allowed to quote my Role PM, so I'm paraphrasing.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:50 am

Post by Hoppster »

I'm posting in all of my games, you twat.

Nice dodging of the point I had re: iamausername to instead launch a fail-attack at me.
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:51 am

Post by Nexus »

Oh, nice ad hom there.

Squirm some more.

Want my honest answer? I was looking at the isos of you, bv, and CES, and then I got bored and wandered off.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:55 am

Post by Nexus »

Haha oh wow. Iam's iso is a nice minefield of not a lot.

I'm super obv town in ISO #1 then he wagon hops onto my wagon off the back of another case.

Oh wow. A lot of random wagon jumping and a lot of not a lot else.

Yeah, iam's scummy.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:59 am

Post by Nexus »

Also, the reason I looked at CES, bv and your ISOs first were because 1. CES is quiet, and I wanted to see why (GOOFBASH!~), 2. bv has been playing his usual lurking game, and 3. I couldn't remember when you hopped on my wagon or why. Then I found something better to do.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:01 pm

Post by Zang »

Surye wrote:1) He has a lot of content, but it's been a week since he's really mentioned those two, they weren't apperent to me, and he wasn't very clear. I've clarified this.

That's because neither of them have posted anything in a week.

Surye wrote:Zang, I really don't agree on iamusername, I think he's town.

Do you always find people who do absolutely nothing town? 

Hoppster wrote:The bit in bold is scum qualifying their fake-claim - "LOOK GAIZ THIS DUDE ACTUALLY EXISTS".

Well, roles usually have background information and Wilfred isn't a very well known character.

Hoppster wrote:Why would the prescence of other incarnations of the Doctor in this game mean that specifically the 10th Doctor makes more sense as a scum or fake claim?

The doctor is such a powerful and innocent role that it doesn't seem very likely but if there were more than one doctor then it would probably be more likely that one is scum or a fake claim. The fact that he claimed the 10th doctor instead of just The Doctor supports this.

Hoppster wrote:This may sound weird, but could you read what Rufflig said again and then answer it again for me please?

Why? I already answered it.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

Zang wrote:Why? I already answered it.

I have the feeling that he picked up on what I was obliquely saying.
---
Hoppster wrote:This would be cool, Rufflig.

I was ignoring that on purpose to be honest. Although, since its turned out that I was obviously wrong, I guess there's no harm in explaining it now. Zang moving his vote over to Snake just after the claim and his subsequent explanations struck a chord of possibility with me. That possibility was that Zang was performing a soft counter-claim. Zang's insistence that the doctor would have a power role in spite of his argument that the mod might mix things up is what set the idea in my head. Just read through all of his not believing Snake's claim again with a Zang cc in mind and you should be able to spot the places where it looks like Zang is hinting at a cc. You'll also notice the spots that drive me crazy with reguards to a possible Zang cc. In the end, I had to admit I was misreading things.

All of that should explain what I was thinking, hinting at, and asking Zang.
Don't Panic!
Where there's life there's hope. Be seeing you!
Wolf Avatar cropped from art by Deligaris@DeviantArt
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by bv310 »

Okay, I caught up with what I missed. I'm willing to say that Nexus is likely Town, but his reactions at his wagon so far have been extremely scummy. Looking at his iso, he goes from trying to start a counterwagon, to weakly defending a case, to flat-out aggression, to flailing. I'll be willing to vote him once it gets a bit closer to deadline, since I feel like there's a bit more conversation that we can extract first.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”