Newbie 1116 -- Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:27 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

Good deal. Other than Grimm, everyone else is reading sorta null for me, except Work who's looking more and more town as the day goes on. As far as Miss JJ's absence...I hope her return can clear some things up. She had started looking town to me too before she left, so I'm interested in her input on the current atmosphere.

In response to Work, my little tantrum had NO benefit for town, you're right. It was absolutely NOT town motivated...it was frustration motivated. I didn't care about the town at the time because I felt like no matter how hard I tried, this town was just going to sit and stagnate. As I explained earlier, I'm still not used to the time-scale here. I'm not saying you should forget about it, I'm simply explaining why looking for some kind of "town-oriented motivation" is a waste of time during that PARTICULAR period of the day.

Until next time.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes
Cataracts close the blinds
Let me let comfort come drown by your side.

As Town: 4-4
As Mafia: 5-0
Total Games Completed: 13

Nerd National
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:28 am

Post by Grimmjow »

cymru96 wrote:I am not gonna vote for him because I think he and Miss JJ are scum so I stick to JJ.

Also, I'd like to hear what evidence you have that makes you think JJ and I are scum together. Especially seeing how she has her vote on me, and has had it on me nearly the entire game. Out of 16 posts since the game began, she has kept her vote on me for 10 of them. So what reasons do you have for thinking she and I are a scumteam?
/DANCE OR FEED
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:51 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

cymru, try and follow Grimms format if mine is too elaborate. Just quote a suspicious post and follow it with why you think it's suspicious. I don't disagree with you that Grimm could be stirring the pot to try and cover something up, but I don't necessarily agree with your assessment that Miss JJ is scum, so I would ALSO appreciate if you found some kind of evidence of that, ESPECIALLY if you're going to buck town's only REAL voting controversy and vote for someone by yourself. That appears VERY scummy to me. Your vote should either be on me or Grimm unless you have some sort of serious case against someone else.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:52 am

Post by Workdawg »

I would also like to hear what specifically is causing cym to suspect Grimm. I don't necessarily disagree with him, but I'm curious about what specific examples he would cite to back up his statement that Grimm is scum.
cymru96
cymru96
Goon
cymru96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:59 am

Post by cymru96 »

Unless Grimmjow and JJ are playing a really elaborate game I don't think they are a mafia team. I did'nt take the votes into account.
I do think that Miss JJ is scum, I stand by that 'cause everyone was like it's most likely a typo and then she jumps in with it's definately NOT a typo.

I don't think Grimmjow is scum based upon reflection and I therefore appologise for the accusation.

*Random thought. Only Grimmjow, Miss JJ, VisceraEyes, Me and bigAl have really been in the spotlight so if tucah/wordawg/zihark/dickov is mafia they can just post a nonchelant post and laugh all the way to the night.
Record as townie- 0-0

Record as Scum- 2-0
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:10 am

Post by Grimmjow »

Ok, quick post before work, and I'll return tonight with more.

cymru96 wrote:Unless Grimmjow and JJ are playing a really elaborate game I don't think they are a mafia team. I did'nt take the votes into account.
I do think that Miss JJ is scum, I stand by that 'cause everyone was like it's most likely a typo and then she jumps in with it's definately NOT a typo.

JJ wrote:For now, I believe we've gotten all we can at the moment from the Cymru slip/typo so I will UNVOTE: Cymru.... however I don't think it should just be dismissed/forgotten completely.

What...?

cymru96 wrote:I don't think Grimmjow is scum based upon reflection and I therefore appologise for the accusation.

Reflection, or the pressure's on you now and you don't have any other card to play? Funny how you so quickly turned around on this. It could just be noob, or it could be noob-scum realizing he doesn't have a leg to stand on and backpeddling.

cymru96 wrote:*Random thought. Only Grimmjow, Miss JJ, VisceraEyes, Me and bigAl have really been in the spotlight so if tucah/wordawg/zihark/dickov is mafia they can just post a nonchelant post and laugh all the way to the night.

This is very true. Except Workdawg has been posting more. And that only leaves 2 people, both of whom are going to be replaced out/are being prodded, so it's unlikely that BOTH of them are scum.
/DANCE OR FEED
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:27 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

Grimmjow wrote:This is very true. Except Workdawg has been posting more. And that only leaves 2 people, both of whom are going to be replaced out/are being prodded, so it's unlikely that BOTH of them are scum.

This is an excellent point. Chances are, at least one of the Mafia has already posted. I further speculate that at least one Mafia is among the MOST active of the players in this game. But as my reads on Grimm are at this point unreliable (he's at the very least posting a LOT more pro-town now), I have less of an idea who that might be.

cymru96 wrote:I do think that Miss JJ is scum, I stand by that 'cause everyone was like it's most likely a typo and then she jumps in with it's definately NOT a typo.

I can understand why this would cause you frustration, especially assuming you're town, you KNOW she's wrong, but calling her scum for this is entirely "OMGUS". In case you're not familiar with the term, it's an acronym for "OH MY GOD U SUCK!". It's not saying that I think YOU suck, it's saying that you only consider Miss JJ scum because she thinks you're scum...in essence YOU'RE saying "OMGUS" to Miss JJ. It's one of the reasons I thought Grimm was targetting me, but in hindsight, I can see how he thinks I'm scum based on my posts (especially the latter ones...sorry again guys). Back up your claims with facts please.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:29 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

EBWODP:
",especially assuming you're town, "since" you "would" KNOW she's wrong,"

Sorry, I'm a perfectionist. :P
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
cymru96
cymru96
Goon
cymru96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:59 am

Post by cymru96 »

I actually think Miss JJ was looking for someone to pass as scum to cover herself and the typo was a perfect opportunity
Record as townie- 0-0

Record as Scum- 2-0
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:37 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

bluepokemon1234 replaces Zihark effective immediately.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:40 pm

Post by bigAl »

Workdawg wrote:
Spoiler: too town/scum buddy withzihark
"Too Town"

I agree that "too town" is kind of a sketchy descriptor, but I think it's adequate. I certainly don't want to discourage people from speaking their minds, however I feel like a lot of your comments are obvious and overwhelming. Throwing out obvious points in HUGE LETTERS just kinda seemed like you were trying to earn bonus town points. I guess this IS a newbie game, so maybe I should just let that go.

Scum-buddy with zihark

This comment was mostly an afterthought and I find it rather unlikely... but there are certainly reasons for voting him if that is the case.

Firstly, a vote from his own scum-buddy is much more likely to prod him into activity. If he is messing up bad enough that even his scum-buddy is voting him for inactivity, then he should know for sure he's got to get his ass in gear.

It also gives you a history, albeit a minor one, of voting for him that you could try and twist in your favor if he does flip scum later on.

It's a pretty safe move to vote him in this manner so early on when there are few votes on him.
These are several good points, several of which I did not think of myself. I'll think on this (particularly the motivation for having a voting record).

Workdawg wrote:
@bigAl
How can you see VE's post 194 (the "I quit" post) as town? He's been BY FAR the most gung-ho player in the game so far. He doesn't get the reaction that he wants and he quits... and somehow this is good for town? I don't see ANY town motivation behind it at all.
I see here a distinction between what's good for the town and whether or not he has a pro-town role. I see his reaction as revealing more of a pro-town alignment than scum. I think, in general, when a mafia is accused of being scummy for poor reasons (in their opinion), they get nervous or worried. When a townie gets accused of being scummy for poor reasons (in their opinion), they get frustrated. When a townie thinks that they have legitimate leads on a player and the rest of the town doesn't see that, they get frustrated. When a mafia is trying to tell people about leads they made up and the rest of the town doesn't see them, they get worried. I mean, it's possible that this is all part of the plan, but I doubt it. Just my thoughts.

Radical new idea: we ask for a modkill on Zihark, Yonzy, tucah and JJ. Odds are, one of them is mafia, and that leaves a nice and active 4 town vs. 1 mafia. <-- For the record, the previous sentence is a joke.
Come play Metroplexity! Come play Unangband!
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by bigAl »

cy wrote:I think Grimmjow is scum and he is trying to hide it in the feud with Viscera. He is trying to play it off as Viscera being scum but after the insults it seems that he has no basis and resorts to personal jibes. I think that because of this he is scummy. I am not gonna vote for him because I think he and Miss JJ are scum so I stick to JJ.

I think Viscera is a scum hunter and is being targeted by Grimmjow to cover Grimm's scummyness

[next post]
I don't think Grimmjow is scum based upon reflection and I therefore appologise for the accusation.

Damn it, cymru, you were
so close
to having an opnion about someone other than your odd fixation on Miss JJ. Sigh. Do you
really
think that, after 236 posts in the game, the only evidence you can find of scum is that someone doesn't think that your supposed typo is a typo?
bluepokemon1234
bluepokemon1234
Goon
bluepokemon1234
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by bluepokemon1234 »

cheacking in
bluepokemon1234
bluepokemon1234
Goon
bluepokemon1234
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:02 pm

VOTE: VisceraEyes
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:22 pm

Post by bigAl »

Care to share some reasoning for that? You realize that this puts VE one vote away from a lynch, right? (Unless I missed an unvote somewhere.) You realize that putting someone one away from a lynch is dangerous and not to be done lightly, right?
bluepokemon1234
bluepokemon1234
Goon
bluepokemon1234
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:32 pm

i did it cause hes had alot of votes aready so why not just go with the flow
bluepokemon1234
bluepokemon1234
Goon
bluepokemon1234
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:35 pm

and is avatar looks scumy
bluepokemon1234
bluepokemon1234
Goon
bluepokemon1234
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:35 pm

oups imeant scumey
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:39 pm

Post by bigAl »

To put it gently, that is the worst reasoning I've ever heard. Have you even read the thread?
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by Grimmjow »

Ok, blue, I'm all for a VE lynch, but seriously, please have a legitimate reason. Having no reason but "go with the flow" make you seem very scummy.
/DANCE OR FEED
bluepokemon1234
bluepokemon1234
Goon
bluepokemon1234
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:23 pm

VOTE: unvote
bluepokemon1234
bluepokemon1234
Goon
bluepokemon1234
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:28 pm

but he talks alot
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by bigAl »

And talking a lot is a bad thing? Encouraging discussion helps us pick out the mafia.

Capitalization/punctuation would be appreciated.
bluepokemon1234
bluepokemon1234
Goon
bluepokemon1234
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:02 pm

I really dont suspect anyone right now.
bluepokemon1234
bluepokemon1234
Goon
bluepokemon1234
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:03 pm

Or mabey your trying to defend a scum buddy bigal.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”