Newbie 1116 -- Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
cymru96
cymru96
Goon
cymru96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:25 pm

Post by cymru96 »

wow...that was an eventful night.
Record as townie- 0-0

Record as Scum- 2-0
Tomie Uzumaki
Tomie Uzumaki
Goon
Tomie Uzumaki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:24 pm

Post by Tomie Uzumaki »

Ok, I'm going to play nice for BigAl (to show that players can be nice~) and for Grimm (as he's cute, though it will never work out due to obv details :(, and this personality doesn't fit that) So be happy all~

Anyway, after reading the following players caught my attention:
-Viscera
-Workdawg
-Pokemon

-BigAl and Grimm are null. There were things that I didn't like, which I'll point out when I'm back, but gut says they're town.

-Miss JJ and Tucah are town. The end.

I'm undecided about Cymru ._.

And in case it was unclear, I'll also post my reasons for my opinions on Viscera, Workdawg and Pokemon when I'm back.
Tomie Uzumaki
Tomie Uzumaki
Goon
Tomie Uzumaki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:43 am

Post by Tomie Uzumaki »

So yeah, it seems I have less time than expected >.< So for today, I'll only be able to comment on Pokemon and Workdawg. Viscera, BigAl and Grimm have to wait till tomorrow/possibly the day afterwards due to a national holiday here.

-Pokemon admitted that he was just looking for a reason to vote Viscera. Do I need to say more?

-Most post from Workdawg are easy to summarise. They were either to tell about his absence or about what events have happened.. Why the latter is scummy this time? I ask everybody to look back at post 99. Can anyone tell me what his stance is against Cym in general? I know that he disagrees with the attacks against Cym, but what is his opinion about Cym? And Cym is just an example here. You don't see anything about anything he has seen as scummy.
His first real scumhunting post mentions Grimm and Viscera. The scummy thing here is his opinion against Grimm. He mentioned that Grimm asked other players for reads, while barely mentioning any. And in that same post, Workdawg admits that there isn't much to mention.
I also don't like the other reasons he mentioned. Grimm apparently is 'too' detailed with his explainations and Viscera is 'too' leaderish. I don't like the 'too'.
As for his case against Viscera, I don't like the 'too' argument as mentioned, I don't like the 'possible scumbuddie' argument as it can also be coming from Town-Viscera and I don't agree with your voting analysis, except for the quick unvote (and the later 'back into the game') That's the only thing that is scummy. However, I do want to hear from you why you think Viscera is scum trying to please you by getting back into the game and why Viscera isn't town who agrees with your points that it's not useful?
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:06 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

@Tomie
Thank goodness for you child...I can't tell you what a relief it is that you're actually helping and not just sitting there soaking up hours-until-replacement.

As for your comment on Pokemon, I'm not sure if you read the ENTIRE thread, but Pokemon replaced in for Zihark...what's funny about that is Zihark's first post with "content" was "OMG Viscera voted for me, I'm voting for Viscera"...Pokemon's first post with "content" turned out to be "OMG Viscera voted for Zihark, I'm voting for Viscera". The difference is that Pokemon was at least willing to appease town by unvoting me. Zihark just disappeared.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes
Cataracts close the blinds
Let me let comfort come drown by your side.

As Town: 4-4
As Mafia: 5-0
Total Games Completed: 13

Nerd National
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:10 am

Post by Grimmjow »

VisceraEyes wrote:@Tomie
Thank goodness for you child...I can't tell you what a relief it is that you're actually helping and not just sitting there soaking up hours-until-replacement.

This was the first thing I said when I viewed the thread this morning too XD I looked at my boyfriend and said "Thank god! Someone that is actually playing replaced in."

Now, let's get the game going.

After I get back from work, that is :/
/DANCE OR FEED
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:11 am

Post by Grimmjow »

Tomie Uzumaki wrote:(as he's cute, though it will never work out due to obv details :(, and this personality doesn't fit that)

Just a random side note, wtf does this mean?
/DANCE OR FEED
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:53 am

Post by Workdawg »

@pokemon
WTF

@Tomie
I was out of town and rather than asking for a replacement/getting replaced for inactivity, I chose to check in a few times on my phone. I did miss the five or so days of the game, but now that I'm back into my normal schedule, I've been playing. My last game was plagued with replacements, and I know how much it sucks. I didn't want to subject a bunch of other people to that if I could help it. That also extends into post 99 (the one you have issue with). I was sitting in the airport reading and trying to post from my phone. I'm not sure if you've had to do that before, but it's incredibly hard to do both. Getting the text big enough to read easily is hard enough without having to keep track of who is writing each post. I guess if you want to hold that against me, it's up to you.

As for my comment on "there's not much yet"... that was true... but trying to compare my statement of that with Grimm's (who asked for other people's reads) is a bit ridiculous. Asking for everyone else's reads without providing their own is a simple tactic scum can use to identify targets for mislynch. If it turns out 3 other people think player A is scummy, they can just jump on that wagon and try to push it. I didn't ask for anyone else's reads, I only provided mine because I was asked and I felt like sharing my thoughts would benefit the town.

About my cases...
You don't like that I use "too"... okay. I must have forgotten that only scum are allowed to use that word, my bad.

The scumbuddy point... that really wasn't even part of my case, and I already said that. It was an afterthought and the only reason I even elaborated on it is to explain to VE how his interactions with zihark could have been seen as scummy.

My voting analysis... I straight up said the first three were insignificant, and it sounds like you agree with me on the other two... so yeah.

As for why his actions are scum versus town.
If he were town, I don't think he would have come back into the game so quickly in those circumstances. He flipped out and all but said he doesn't care about what happens the rest of the day. This is a much safer move for scum than town. Town only has a 2/9 chance of lynching scum; they are statistically pretty safe. Even if VE was town and got lynched for his actions, it's not a huge hit to town. Statistically it's very likely we will lynch town today. If it's VE or someone else, why should he care if he's all but given up?
On the other side of the coin... if he's scum and this draws enough attention to himself and he gets lynched, he's letting his scum-buddy down; big time.
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:33 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

Grimmjow wrote:
Tomie Uzumaki wrote:(as he's cute, though it will never work out due to obv details :(, and this personality doesn't fit that)

Just a random side note, wtf does this mean?

I think it means that she thinks your cute, but as you're a guy and refer to your boyfriend.......you know...it wouldn't work out.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:39 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

@Workdawg
Any hit to town is a big hit, especially in a game with 9 players. Do you realize that with 8 players, it STILL takes 5 votes to lynch someone? Those are BIG percentages my guy. Lynching a townie is NOT an option...especially since we're on Majority Vote mode with THREE WEEKS to make a final decision. The fact that you think of losing me as an acceptable loss is...telling.

I don't know what else to say in regard to my little freak-out. All I really can say at this point is we're all human and if I'm not allowed to get frustrated, I request a freaking mod-kill.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:53 am

Post by Grimmjow »

Nah, we all are allowed to freak out. The only problem I have is you complete 180 immediately after having been called out for it.

However, I just was thinking back to my last game and there was a guy in there which we were at each others' throats the whole game, but he ended up flipping town. So I'm willing to accept that VE
MIGHT
be town, but I'm still not taking my vote off him. He has been looking a little more town since he came back into the game, but I'm not willing to make that jump yet. It could very well be that people were suspecting him, so he decided to step back and try to make himself look more town.

Now, I'd also like to note that it's been nearly 72 hours since JJ has posted, stating that she'd post her analysis the following day, which never happened, and that she was online yesterday morning. Just throwing that out there for everyone and the mod to know.
/DANCE OR FEED
cymru96
cymru96
Goon
cymru96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:18 am

Post by cymru96 »

Hopefully a prod on Miss JJ will give further information and then we shall see if she's scum or not.
(For the record I still think she's scummy)
Record as townie- 0-0

Record as Scum- 2-0
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:26 am

Post by Grimmjow »

Just FYI, a prod proves nothing. She did say in her last post that she's been busy, so she may just still be busy. Depending on what she says when she gets back, or depending on what her replacement says if it comes to that (hoping it doesn't though) will give us more information.
/DANCE OR FEED
bluepokemon1234
bluepokemon1234
Goon
bluepokemon1234
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:46 am

Post by bluepokemon1234 »

VOTE: grimjow
for being jumpy
bluepokemon1234
bluepokemon1234
Goon
bluepokemon1234
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:49 am

I wish i had some kind of power being a normal townie is boring.
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:54 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

It looked to me like he meant that a prod would make her speak up, giving us more information...not so much that the prod itself would bring something to light.

@bluepokemon
[sarcasm]Well, thanks for telling Mafia who NOT to target during the night-phase.[/sarcasm] It's VERY important NOT to give mafia more information. They already have more information than the town as a whole does, and now they have EVEN MORE.

For the record, during the day, having a power is exactly the same as being a vanilla townie. You can only use your powers at night, so it would be equally boring right now even if you DID have a power.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by bigAl »

I'd say how bad an idea it is to reveal your role, but VE has already covered that. However: You have the power to vote! You have the power to read and question and think. That's not boring. Use them wisely.

> I wish i had some kind of power being a normal townie is boring.

This (combined with his "confirmed townie" post earlier) is
almost
so simple a slip that I wish I could believe it 100%. But it would be easy hide as scum behind this - particularly if, for example, the mafia had talked about what to claim in their qt. I'm not seeing that much subtlety in blue here though.
Come play Metroplexity! Come play Unangband!
bluepokemon1234
bluepokemon1234
Goon
bluepokemon1234
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:14 pm

oh no I dint no that was bad to say that im really sorry guys.This is my frist game. are there any outher things I should make sure not to do as town.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:05 pm

Post by bigAl »

Well, you've covered most of them already. :)

Off the top of my head:
1. Don't put people a vote or two away from a lynch without justified reasoning.
2. Don't give the mafia more info than you can avoid (eg. your role).
3. Don't lurk, active conversation helps everyone.

The Newbie Guide and A Beginner's Guide to Being Awesome At Mafia on the wiki have some good reading for more tips.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by bigAl »

Actually, having just found the A Beginner's Guide to Being Awesome At Mafia for the first time ten minutes ago, everyone could give it a read. Lots of good tips in there, even for (supposedly) experienced players like me.
bluepokemon1234
bluepokemon1234
Goon
bluepokemon1234
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:35 pm

ty i will read that
bluepokemon1234
bluepokemon1234
Goon
bluepokemon1234
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:46 pm

ok i read it a little.its kind of helpfullish.
bluepokemon1234
bluepokemon1234
Goon
bluepokemon1234
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:47 pm

I think your tips were better.
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:27 pm

Post by Grimmjow »

@Blue: Ok, what do you mean by being jumpy, and why does that incite a vote on me? Also, I appreciate you being active, but one post with all your thoughts as opposed to 3 with one line would help out a lot (to me at least) as it would cut down on the clutter in the thread.
/DANCE OR FEED
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:28 pm

Post by Grimmjow »

cymru96 wrote:wow...that was an eventful night.

This is all you have to say? No other comment than that?
/DANCE OR FEED
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by Grimmjow »

Also, with his complete "I'M TOWN GUYS" posts, I'm less likely to believe Blue to be town than I am that he's scum. I think even a complete noob would know better than to be that forthright about it.
/DANCE OR FEED

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”