Newbie 1120 - The Scum in Sherlock (Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:24 am

Post by Thor665 »

For the same reason you came to your conclusion that they're buddies, but then I fed it through one level of paranoia and common sense and came out the other side with an opposite read.
Here;

They are obv. obv. buddies because, lol, look how much Scumhunter is blatant defending his "buddy, lol, lol, awesome!
However, Scumhunter has played with me once before, and I don't think he'd risk pulling a move like that with a shark like me in the water hanging out and going 'graagh, graaagh' like a shark does.
Therefore, if he's scum, he's actually trying to get town points and make me look less functional, by blatant defending a townie I want to lynch all while going 'snicker, snicker, Thor's not even voting for town, lulz!'

Meanwhile, if cloud is scum, scumbuddy Scumhunter is probably smart enough to be like 'caught by Thor Day 1 - *sigh* nice knownin' ya, little buddy!'
And then promptly hopping on a bus and riding it with a smile all the way downtown to the lynchin' tree.

Therefore - Scumhunter and cloud are highly unlikely to be buddies.
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:39 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

I kind of understand, but you switched your vote from CO to Scum, so if Scum flips town, that sets up CO as scum, right? So, as he's my number one scum suspect and my vote, IF we have a cop, can i ask politely for him to be watched overnight?
If he turns out town the next day, then obviously i was wrong, however if he turns out scum that'd prove you were right.
Just a thought
<-- see that CO? Just a thought k?
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:48 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

Thats if Scum flips town, if he flips scum then by your thinking, thor, hes town anyway..
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:58 am

Post by Thor665 »

Hellhound1 wrote:I kind of understand, but you switched your vote from CO to Scum, so if Scum flips town, that sets up CO as scum, right?

No, CO is scummy independent of Scumhunter. Scumhunter flipping town does not affect my read on CO in any way though I *might* look at his CO=town case again. Scumhunter being town will not prove CO scum in any meaningful way.
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:03 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

Thor665 wrote:
Therefore - Scumhunter and cloud are highly unlikely to be buddies.

Thor665 wrote: Scumhunter being town will not prove CO scum in any meaningful way.

Ahh k. Ill assume a gut feeling :P
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:07 am

Post by Thor665 »

I don't even know what you're saying there.

Quote 1: They are not both scum.
Quote 2: One being town does not prove the other is scum.

I personally think one is scum, but it's not an absolute and I wouldn't want to push the lynch on that basis as it would be a terrible case. I'd push the case based on the independent reasons I found them scummy.
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:10 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

Im saying that i linked your posts.
I may have flipped up the second quote though, it doesnt quite work the way i wanted it to.

Basically im trying to confirm that you think that one is scum, and IF you turn out to be wrong, would you then think the other was scum?
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:57 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Thor, if cloud and I are unlikely to be scum buddies, and you have such a strong scum read on cloud, why the fuck are you voting me? Something does not compute here.
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:02 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Thor665 wrote:I don't even know what you're saying there.

Quote 1: They are not both scum.
Quote 2: One being town does not prove the other is scum.

I personally think one is scum, but it's not an absolute and I wouldn't want to push the lynch on that basis as it would be a terrible case. I'd push the case based on the independent reasons I found them scummy.

Explain why you think one of me/cloud is scum. YOUR CASE ON CLOUD IS STILL CRAP.

How can you possibly be confident of a statement "one of SH/cloud" is scum when there are 2 slots who have contributed literally zilch to this point. Your logic and critical thinking is way way way way off.

Can we lynch Thor already......Am I going crazy here?
Show
-----
-----
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:13 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #7

cloudocean:
Thor665
, Hellhound1, ninjacheese (L-3)
Thor665:
Scumhunter
, cloudocean
Awesoma:
hiplop
startransmisison:
Scumhunter
Scumhunter:
Thor665

Not Voting:
startransmission, Swag136, Awesoma

Deadline is on July 6th, 2011, at 2PM Central Time.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

My prod for Swag136 is still in my outbox. If he doesn't pick it up by the time I'm back on the computer tonight, I'll replace him.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:02 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Scumhunter wrote:Thor, if cloud and I are unlikely to be scum buddies, and you have such a strong scum read on cloud, why the Smurf are you voting me? Something does not compute here.

Because it amused me. Besides, you keep saying my read on cloud is terrible, so probably it's super awesome that I'm moving off him, yeah? ;)

Scumhunter wrote:Explain why you think one of me/cloud is scum. YOUR CASE ON CLOUD IS STILL SMURF.

I find you both very scummy and I'm too full of myself to believe I'm wrong twice. My case is actually much more that you aren't scumbuddies, hence you can't both be scum - but I do believe one of you is.

Scumhunter wrote:How can you possibly be confident of a statement "one of SH/cloud" is scum when there are 2 slots who have contributed literally zilch to this point. Your logic and critical thinking is way way way way off.

That's hillarious considering your next comment.

Scumhunter wrote:Can we lynch Thor already......Am I going crazy here?

Considering you're not even voting me and you think it's crazy to believe I spotted scum when two people haven't posted yet - yes.
Awesoma
Awesoma
Townie
Awesoma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:16 pm

Post by Awesoma »

Since I am being bandwagoned, I will reveal my role. I am a vanilla Townie. Looks like im going to be dead tonight.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by Thor665 »

How many people do you think are voting you right now?
Awesoma
Awesoma
Townie
Awesoma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:54 pm

Post by Awesoma »

Thor665 wrote:How many people do you think are voting you right now?

None are, however a few pages ago someone suggested you to join the bandwagon on me. I dont want this to go any further, and YOU yourself mentioned that Id be your second choice as scum. And cloud is pointing too many fingers. So is scumhunter.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:57 pm

Post by Thor665 »

When did I mention you'd be my second choice as scum?
While you're at it - who do you think is scum? Because you're voting nobody, and I'm pretty sure he's town and also unlynchable.
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:58 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

Thor, you still haven't explained why one of cloud/me has to be scum other than because "you say so". You are using no logic whatsoever its incredibly infuriating.
Show
-----
-----
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:01 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I'm saying you're my two top scumspects and I expect one of you is scum but have specifically ruled out both of you being scum together.
As I've already explained. I'm actually ruling you out as a pair, not making some strange pairing except insomuch as you're my two, separate, top suspects.
Get it now?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:02 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Oh, and "I say so" is my other reason.
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:44 pm

Post by Hellhound1 »

Meh, i think lynching scumhunter would be a bad idea. I still think cloud is scummier, and although my second choice is Scum, im starting to change my mind.
If we lynch him, i have a bad feeling we'll be lynching town.
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:34 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Well, you know what...cloud hasn't posted anything since Friday. I have been defending him mostly because the case on him is making me feel majorly MEH.

But yea...Hey cloud, I'm the only reason you haven't been lynched yet...you want to participate now, before I get tired of defending you?

Hell, why am I your second choice?

I still don't like how starttransmission + swag have posted literally nothing.
Show
-----
-----
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:13 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

You're my second choice because you've been defending cloud, even though there was no reason to, you just seemed to jump in and defend him.
Swag hasnt posted and i think is being replaced later, and starttransmission, well i dunno.
I don't like how awesoma revealed her role so quickly, 1) she was under very little pressure and 2)i dont believe her, im starting to think awesoma
may be
scum (Or a town power role and doesnt want the attention)
I'd like to see who swag's replacement is and question them.
Awesoma
Awesoma
Townie
Awesoma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:24 am

Post by Awesoma »

VOTE: Cloudocean
Hellhound1 wrote:You're my second choice because you've been defending cloud, even though there was no reason to, you just seemed to jump in and defend him.
Swag hasnt posted and i think is being replaced later, and starttransmission, well i dunno.
I don't like how awesoma revealed her role so quickly, 1) she was under very little pressure and 2)i dont believe her, im starting to think awesoma
may be
I'd like to see who swag's replacement is and question them.

While 7 pages in is VERY early for the game, I dont think we should put anyone truly down yet until those 2 post. In addition, cloud needs to be pressured. He hasn't posted since Friday and he is looking scummier because he hasn't posted any points defending himself. Scumhunter was the only one that stepped up to the plate to truly defend cloud in a reliable way, thus protecting him from getting lynched.

Once again,
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:35 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

Yeah but you cant rule real life out of this though. I know ive had problems getting on anything over the weekend.

And i know its early, but i feel like people have already started to read into every meaning of every word.
For example, you seem to collapse under pressure. Although you were against lynching cloud not so long ago, i post a little bit of pressure and you vote him. At least, thats how i see it.
Also, my case against scum is that he jumped into defending cloud without any actual reason, which seems scummy to me. Although now im starting to believe he's town. I still stick with cloud being scum, but i may be switching my views on scum being.. scum, to you being scum.
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:39 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

Awesoma wrote:You bring up a valid point, and I do know that roles are assigned randomly. Since you seem to have a good argument and that other players are starting to look suspicious in a valid way, and not just a mindless voting way, then I withdraw my vote.
UNVOTE: cloudocean

Your response to Scum's post. And Scum hasnt changed his points. Why the vote on cloudocean then?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:24 am

Post by Thor665 »

Hellhound1 wrote:I don't like how awesoma revealed her role so quickly, 1) she was under very little pressure and 2)i dont believe her, im starting to think awesoma
may be

1. This line of questioning is not a pro-town line of questioning.
2. Awesoma is fairly obvious town.

Scumhunter wrote:I still don't like how starttransmission + swag have posted literally nothing.

Swag is replacing out all over.
I haven't bothered to look at starttransmission, but wouldn't surprise me if he's the same. I'm not worried about either right now.

Why do you think my play in the other game we played was "cautious" and yet here is "reckless"
Could you show me a quote of cautious play from Day 1 of the other game to support your read?
I eel like I've been asking you this a lot - since it's a big part of your case on me I would think it would be really helpful to show how cautious I normally am and then show how I'm utterly ridiculous in this game, yeah? I'm trying to help you make a case on me, step it up, chop-chop.

Awesoma wrote:While 7 pages in is VERY early for the game, I dont think we should put anyone truly down yet until those 2 post. In addition, cloud needs to be pressured. He hasn't posted since Friday and he is looking scummier because he hasn't posted any points defending himself. Scumhunter was the only one that stepped up to the plate to truly defend cloud in a reliable way, thus protecting him from getting lynched.

Once again,

You're saying stuff here...but all you're doing is IIoA (information instead of analysis) you're saying what's happened, you're not saying anything about why it has happened or what you think about it.
You're not helping town at all with a post like the above. How about you draw some conclusions - you did a iso analysis of yourself, why not do that for your top 1-2 scumreads and try to get more people voting them once they see how awesoma your case is. Pun intended.

Hellhound is now starting to look pretty town, which makes me feel better about his lips being adhered to my buttocks earlier in the game. That said, I keep feeling like he's barking up totally inconsequential an dincorrect trees. Meh, at least it's scumhunting - which puts him ahead of 50% of the rest of the game already.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”