Neon Genesis Evangelion Mafia (Game Over)

drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:04 am

Post by drewoftherushes »

VOTE: ace5993 too many numbers
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:34 am

So the implication is that we have a watcher, tracker or both, perhaps rather than a finder, perhaps not. Interesting.
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:17 am

Candle Jack wrote:
drewoftherushes wrote:So the implication is that we have a watcher, tracker or both, perhaps rather than a finder, perhaps not. Interesting.

Really don't like this post. He's not *doing* anything.

FoS: drew

- Tar

Could you clarify here - who did I say was doing something?
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #3) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:36 am

vollkan wrote:
16:
CJ+5
CJ says "Really don't like this post. He's not *doing* anything." I fail to see how drew gets an FoS for not "doing anything" in one of the first posts. RVS gives a lot of leeway for weak arguments, but pulling out IIoA on the first page is just ridiculous.

This.

StevieT92 wrote:
Why did you choose to claim D1 being completely unprompted? Not that this is necessarily a scum tell I simply don't get your motivation.
Why did you claim your role power without claiming what character you were?
Steve

Does your power ALSO prevent a watcher from seeing the ACTUAL culprit? Would your ability false track to protected and/or kill immune targets (ie. failed kill attempts)?

GI, could you answer these questions about your claim? If not, could you at least acknowledge that you don't want to answer those questions for a particular reason?
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:37 am

Also, UNVOTE: ace
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #5) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:49 am

Cool, thanks.
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (isolation #6) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:56 am

I think the one about whether a watcher would see both you and the actual culprit was legit. I was also just giving you a chance to look town in regard to those questions because I have a town read on you right now.
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #7) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:01 am

StevieT92 wrote:
I also think that if this wagon for GreyIce grows we should eventually demand to hear this flavor name.

This is not good. Second reference, I think, to GI's flavor name. Eliminating possibilities for a fakeclaim?

VOTE: Stevie

Kast wrote:
P-Edit-
Pom- I'm saddened to see more votes on someone who is so easily a mislynch magnet.

First, why is he more easily a "mislynch magnet" than, say, GI? But the votes on GI don't sadden you? And I'd like to know who you're suspicious of, since you don't have a vote down on anyone.
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #8) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:43 am

ace5993 wrote:
ZeL1nK wrote:Wait, what? How is Stevie posting useful stuff? He's not actually scum hunting, he's just saying "X is a scum tell" and defending himself.

Scum voting and pressuring people, even for their own agenda, is more useful than scum not doing anything at all. This is because not only does an increase in wagon size increase the chance of getting a useful reaction out of the person the wagon is on, but also because it's easier to analyze the suspected scum, since he then has to make decisions regarding each case. Completely avoiding all the early wagons D1 is extremely scummy, and also dangerous later on if they aren't called out on it.

When you vote you have to think about what purpose the wagon will serve. Will a wagon on Kast, or a wagon on Stevie serve more purpose? In this case, a wagon on Stevie will accomplish very little; he's not going to significantly change his posting style because he's already trying to defend himself. A wagon on Kast will either force Kast to contribute to scumhunting as town or force him out of his comfort zone as scum.

I don't understand speculating on how the pressure of a wagon will alter the way that person posts - we have no idea how Stevie or Kast is going to react to a wagon until it happens, which is why we make it happen in the first place. To speculate that Stevie's posting style won't change is ridiculous.
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #9) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:02 am

Spy - No PM here, but how confident are you in a lynch-swap? It's pretty early in day one, so to be safe I'm going to UNVOTE: Stevie until we hear more about this situation.
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (isolation #10) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:05 am

Now that we've heard from Spyrex, I'm putting my vote back on Stevie. Nothing's really happened to change my scum read of him. Maybe this will make him respond

VOTE: Stevie
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #11) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:16 am

Iecerint wrote:
drew -- Blah. Blah. I can't even remember anything he did, except once when he unvoted Ace for reasons that still make no sense to me.

SCUM
Kast -- It's no stretch at all to me for this to be the scum variant of the standard strategy I see Kast employ. In particular, I think his attitude toward GreyICE doing shenanigans is dissonant with how he tends to behave when I do the same.

First, I'm pretty sure that was my RVS vote, so...

What's the standard strategy you see Kast employ, and could you talk about how this could be a scum variant of that? I think this could be useful.
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (isolation #12) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:40 am

Responding to prod. I had ten pages to read just now. I'm starting to wish we has taken gi's advice on the first day and speed lynched someone. Anyone.

Impressions from last ten pages: town voting bloc freaks me out a little bit. Stevie asking twice for roleclaim from LC when she was at L-4? Hate to agree with GI but that's awful. Suryes reads weren't horrible in my eyes, and I think it's worth going back to have a look at GI based on thy (for all his seeming certainty, his vote moves around quite a bit) but the results were useless.

Anyway this is just a check in post. Hopefully tonight I'll have much more, but it might not be for a couple days. I'm having trouble keeping up with just my phone and no computer, but that will change soon. Sorry for my lurker status.

I'm damn near willing to vote just to end this day, but were not really that close on anyone, so whatever.
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (isolation #13) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:10 pm

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:"Town voting bloc freaks me out a little bit"

KILL IT WITH FIRE.

SOMEONE HAVE A VIG? SHOOT DREW WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE~

Actually, this attitude freaks me out even more than the voting bloc. "kill everyone who criticizes the voting bloc! They're sowing discord!"

The idea of five or six people who have decided to unite their votes because they all think they're town ON DAY 1 is scary, yeah. So if I'm so scummy, why don't you vote me, LL?
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (isolation #14) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:14 pm

I'm assuming you were being serious by the way. If not, ignore previous post.

P-edit Looks like you were serious. LL, could you summarize the case against Malth for him? I'm interested to see your take. I also see you're not interested in responding to anything else in my post. Why is no one allowed to be afraid of the town voting bloc?
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (isolation #15) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:31 pm

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:These 6 players are all town.

At the very worst, there's a majority of town in there. I'd say 5, if 1 is scum. At WORST.

Scum is afraid of that kind of town coherence and would want to disrupt it.

That's why your post is scummy.

Right, I understand why you think my post is scummy, but do you understand why a voting bloc is scary? Because if there's a talented and vocal scum in that group, he or he could have control of six votes. That's a good thing? Town prefers everyone to be making their own decisions - voting blocs seem like a good way to stop that from happening.
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (isolation #16) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:37 pm

GhostWriter wrote:I also have an automatic distrust of voting bloc groups. If invited into them, I decline the invite. However, the wording of what was said is what gets me. I distrust voting blocs. But you are freaked out by town voting blocs. Nice slip, bro. I'm all for a possible vig shooting you.

This is a funny post, because you seem to agree with me here, but you think I'm scummy because I said "freaked out" instead of "distrust." I didn't slip or misspeaks; the idea of scum in a large voting bloc is bad news. But you want to distance yourself from me and align yourself with said voting bloc, so you say you want me vigged. Hmmmmm.
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (isolation #17) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:41 pm

Pomegranate wrote:
drewoftherushes wrote:
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:"Town voting bloc freaks me out a little bit"

KILL IT WITH FIRE.

SOMEONE HAVE A VIG? SHOOT DREW WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE~

Actually, this attitude freaks me out even more than the voting bloc. "kill everyone who criticizes the voting bloc! They're sowing discord!"

The idea of five or six people who have decided to unite their votes because they all think they're town ON DAY 1 is scary, yeah. So if I'm so scummy, why don't you vote me, LL?

Drew, if you'd like to know, the absolute best way to not get lynched is to scumhunt. Now, how about you stop making me think you're scum/daring people to vote for you (hint: not a good move), and do some
? Like, giving out reads and analyzing stuff, y'know?

I know I've been A shitty scumhunter today. It take me a while to get going, especially in big games. But as I said, I'll be more able to do that soon. I just wanted to give some impressions. So I apologize.
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (isolation #18) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:18 pm

GhostWriter wrote:
drewoftherushes wrote:
GhostWriter wrote:I also have an automatic distrust of voting bloc groups. If invited into them, I decline the invite. However, the wording of what was said is what gets me. I distrust voting blocs. But you are freaked out by town voting blocs. Nice slip, bro. I'm all for a possible vig shooting you.

This is a funny post, because you seem to agree with me here, but you think I'm scummy because I said "freaked out" instead of "distrust." I didn't slip or misspeaks; the idea of scum in a large voting bloc is bad news. But you want to distance yourself from me and align yourself with said voting bloc, so you say you want me vigged. Hmmmmm.

I think you're scummy because you said "town voting bloc". "Town". Which you are no longer doing.

Also, why would I, as scum, want to distance myself from you, as town? No motivation, as I was not close to you in any way before. And I don't particularly care to be aligned with a voting bloc that isn't voting as a bloc. Actually, I don't particularly care to be aligned with a voting bloc anyway. I prefer to do my own thing. I can get enough support to have scum lynched once I've found them, I do not need to get into their good
graces.

I was saying "town" because they were. I droppe it because I realized the language was another assertion of their ridiculous confidence.

I wasn't accusing you of being scum, ghost. I was illustrating a point, actually: when players know there's a voting bloc, they start acting differently, because six people voting together is a powerful and dangerous weapon. Anyway, no need to talk about it anymore because they're not voting together. I just want everyone to know that doubting them isn't illegal.
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (isolation #19) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:22 pm

SpyreX wrote:Did Stewie ever express REAL interest in GI being scum before the push from GI on Stewie?

Is it bad part of me would love to see drew lynched because a scum flip there would cement liquid hot magma death?

How can you be so confident that many players in D1 are town? Are you just that good?

At worst 1 scum. Highly probable 0 scum.

Bank it.

Bah they're all scum! Scum voting team outing themselves on day one!

But really, all this D1 certainty is hilarious. I'll eat my words if you're all town, but I just can't imagine it happening.
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (isolation #20) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:33 am

Not down with the Kast wagon right now. Very quick to form, and Stevie is still just utterly scumtastic. My vote might be wasted on him right now, but better there than on someone I think is town.

Also,
V/LA until 7/4 at least
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (isolation #21) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:48 am

My role assignment makes me believe that Kast is telling the truth, and I can't say more without claiming, but obviously the most important thing now is hearing from CJ.
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #966 (isolation #22) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:56 am

Candle Jack wrote:

Protip: malthusis's claim is 99% lie. I made that clear early on (though I forgot to note that the ability doesn't fit flavor even setting aside issues of Misato being the single most likely safeclaim in the game by my reckoning). However, stock play with 1-shot vigs with shots remaining is to leave them be for a day and ask them to fire, THEN lynch them. Besides, it would give us an opportunity to test the ability I'm 99% sure Stevie is claiming.

The other two have, respectively, claims that make much more flavor sense (assuming I know what StevieRei is claiming*), and a confirmable ability paired with rolebased that I KNOW is correct.

* - If I saw that ability being hinted from ANY other character I would lynch it, but it makes WAY too much sense on Rei.

[...]

StevieT92 wrote:woops i posted on page 33 and missed his claim. eek. umm yeah my role is protective. I am very, very, against a massclaim in this game. Firstly, it's not fun to me, to be honest. Secondly, from what I've seen from the powers that the town will have for the next couple days the scum also have some powerful abilities as well so outing all the power roles with a massclaim might not even be in our favor. Us power roles have already been given enough people to target tonight we cannot possibly deal with the guessing game that would happen if the scum know everyone's role.

also, did malthusis just get confirmed by the mod? lolwut.

Thirdly, DO NOT DO CANDLEJACK'S PLAN. that is all.

Two of these reactions are expected (with one little exception in the wording). The third reads honest.

We'll leave Stevie be for now, IMO.

- Tar

Question for CJ (after we hear your results): What do you think Stevie is claiming? I think it's safe to assume Stevie will be claiming as soon as he shows up, so I'd like to see what you think Rei's PR is. Because what you said here is vague, but it's pretty clear that Stevie didn't want to be the target of Malth's "vig" last night, in spite of that being your plan. Actually, I would ask GreyICE the same question.

I'm asking because Stevie claimed a protective role, and while the flavor indicates that one of the Magi is corrupted, there could be another reason for no NK last night.
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #967 (isolation #23) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:57 am

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
Antifinity wrote:The "Magi Complete System Check" followed by the "The game state may have changed, although you're not certain how" thing makes me suspect the Magi masons may no longer all be town.

Vote: Antifinity

Reaks of Insider Info.

Reeks of digging deep for scum reads.
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #969 (isolation #24) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:09 pm

Cheeky
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #973 (isolation #25) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:39 pm

When you say "no info will be revealed," does that mean the mod wouldn't announce you as being NK'd, but that you'd be effectively dead for a whole day and revived the following morning? I'm not clear on your ability.
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1001 (isolation #26) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:00 pm

Candle Jack wrote:Tajo, no way does scum enable, with a cop investigate, a member of a three person masonry. If he was scum, he would never give the ability to me (especially a town masonry that he somehow knew about as scum which negates the purpose of it), instead claiming it failed, roleblocked, some other weak excuse.

This.

Also, does this mean Spyrex is a magi computer with you, CJ? Or am I missing something.

VOTE: Spyrex
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1059 (isolation #27) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:09 am

vollkan wrote:

Stevie is the most useless lynch.

Volkan - This is great analysis of the situation, and a horrible conclusion. Lynching Stevie will likely not give us either an alignment or a dead player. I know he has the highest score on your board, but surely you can see that we need to figure out what's going on with the Kast/CJ/Spyrex thing before we can do anything about Stevie.

And I agree that Stevie is scummy looking, and needs to answer the questions being asked of him, but I really think we need to lynch CJ or Spyrex (I think Spyrex) today
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1078 (isolation #28) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:12 am

I don't think we're waiting on anything or anyone. Go for it.
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1098 (isolation #29) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:28 pm

Pomegranate wrote:
StevieT92 wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:I think tomorrow we should look back at
vollkan
's stuff, depending on the flip and whatnot.

And zellink, he was really wishy washy today.

No, I was referring to #1051. I think vollkan is town.

Am I missing something? Didn't Pom mean she wanted to look at Volkan's
analysis
, not that she didn't trust Volkan?
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1111 (isolation #30) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:16 pm

GhostWriter wrote:VOTE: Volkan

For those of you going "lolwut?", Hider's die when hiding behind mafia. Pom thought Volkan was town, and hid behind him. She then died. Thus, Volkan is mafia. It was a way for us to know where she hid in the event that she died.

Thank you, and thanks for pretending there was more than one person that forgot that about a hider. Idiot alert.

VOTE: Volkan
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1114 (isolation #31) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:52 pm

Pomegranate wrote:
StevieT92 wrote:Thirdly, DO NOT DO CANDLEJACK'S PLAN. that is all.

I trust CJ a hell of a lot more than I trust you right now, Stevie. Just sayin'.

And I agree with GI-- they're simply not all town. There's scum there. This day is dragging, and we need a freakin lynch already. So, although I'm not exactly sure how many votes are on him, VOTE: malthusis.

Well this isn't as clear as her Volkan crumbs, but she might have hidden behind CJ. Maybe.
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1115 (isolation #32) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:56 pm

That was directly before the lynch, btw.

Also, Volkan's 1051 was weird when it happened (trying to turn the lynch to Stevie instead of Spyrex or Kast), but is even weirder after Spy's flip.
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1117 (isolation #33) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:12 pm

Weird that Volkan was directing the lynch away from Spyrex, town. Makes me think Spyrex was in the process of being recruited, maybe? Or maybe he was just trying to lynch an apparent PR (Stevie), though even that seems odd given Stevie's claim about his role. Just speculating.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”