Neon Genesis Evangelion Mafia (Game Over)

Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:35 am

Post by Nocmen »

GhostWriter wrote:If I hear one more person use this bullshit "he plays like he's new" excuse, I'm voting them. He's played at least 7 games, mostly themed. On the archives if you care to actually look. Which I did before voting. He knows how to play. It's not newb mistakes, it's scummy behavior.

That too. I'm pretty sure I've played a game with him before a while ago.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:39 am

Post by Amrun »

Experience =/= adeptness
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:44 am

Post by Iecerint »

JOURNAL'S END wrote:36. Lobster votes Nocmen.

37. OMG CJ THINKS NOCMEN IS TOWN @ 159 WAT. PLOT MOLASSES!

38. CJ please teach me why Nocmen is town because WTF he is scum. Also do not vote Lobster for voting scum that is cruel.

39. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Amrun doesn't like Lobster for being her wagonfriend. This is not very natural IMO. :cry:

40. Ace is a philosopher stargazer (163).

ZeL: Why is Stevie posting good?
Ace: ALLOW ME TO TELL A STORY ABOUT THE SCUM: BLAHBLAHBLAH. Also, voting people is to make them move like puppets rather than to lynch scumz IMHO.

41. I could see Stevie-Amrun with Stevie bussing possibly (@ 171). His suspicion for her earlier was like 95% drawn from the aether. (Sorry @ my girlfriend; is not yr fault.)

EDIT: Except that whining about people voting with you is a real scumtell SOOO yeah. :(

AMRUN CHANGE YOUR WINCON BACK.

42. I guess that answers my question about the rest of the hydra...gosh...Ludi's in all the fancy hydras these days...

43. I bet I know who GreyICE is going to claim. ^^~

2ND CRUM BTW ;)

44. I am happy that my predecessor finally posted and didn't say anything stupid. <3 THANK YOU
ALT
PERSON FROM 2008.

45. OK I confess to basically not reading Nocmen's 177. Please make posts that are not so impossible to read THANKS.

I AM AWARE THAT I AM MAKING THIS MONSTROSITY.

46. OK, so I read said post and it is basically questions that I doubt he will follow up on and characterizations like "flailin." I mean it's directed at Stevie and still doesn't do much for me.

NOCMEN IF YOU ARE TOWN AND STEVIE IS SCUM WITH AMRUN PLEASE BECOME MORE TOWN.

47. Kast discredits Ace for "forcing Kast out of his comfort zone" without any reasoning. This rubs me the wrong way because I could totally see this as scumKast-in-comfort-zone.

I am interpreting TOO MUCH scum->scum violence this game. Somethin's gotta give.

48. SX is LERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRKAN and I think he was doing it actively but I am not very good at maths (@ 181).

49. Lobster made me lolirl @ 184.

50. Stevie is lord of scum in 186. The LINGERING fake focus on Amrun, etc. just seems totally insincere. I'd vote for him if I didn't sneak a peak and see that he's at like L-2 already or something.

51. Is Lobster's "just like physics" simile is an intentional allusion to Ace's silly post from earlier? I will assume it is and giggle again (@ 188).

Also, is that a Zhen Ji avatar?

52. Pome says that her scummy post was meant to be scummy...? I guess (190)? Am misremembering?

53. Ah, nevermind. Vollkan clarifies the above in 192. It's about Amrun's attitude toward that post.

54. Starbuck totally ignores what's going on and votes Stevie (195). Scummy? Time will tell!

55. Something happened to SX in 202! PLOT THICKNESS.

56. SX's 219 seems...I mean, it wouldn't make sense for scum to just be able to redirect whole lynches...unless he's thinking it's linked SPECIFICALLY to Stevie.

57. OK, Amrun's townread on Stevie is now weirder than weird @223. Stronger than I would've expected.

Antifinity wrote:I can't help but feel Amrun is being legit. I'll still be suspicious if Stevie flips town though.

This makes no sense in two halves.

59. Amrun's #227 is the opposite of sensible. Again, it's HOW DARE SOMEONE WAGON WITH ME.

60. I've gotta at least admire Ace for sticking to his guns in 231 re: VOTES ARE TOOLS.

61. Actually agree with Pome's 240.

62. Lobster being suspicious of Amrun makes sense to me given circumstances, BUT I am surprised at the specific reasons.

63. I echo Lobster's 255.

64. Oh man. Kast's 266 is so pretty and nicely-organized that it almost makes all my bad feelings go away.

65. OMG TAJO <3 BE MINE <3 I NEED A NEW LOVER S/P AMRUN PERHAPS BEING SCUM. :cry:

66. I agree with tajo's first few pages 100%. Not sure why he votes a non-player like drew when there are so many high-profile weirdos amuck. Whatever.

I think those reads still make sense on page 5, so that part's OK, too.

67. Kast's post "alleviating doubts" for Amrun (274) can only be viewed with suspicion when she is basically his own town read (i.e. one of few).

68. Nocmen does not understand why Kast is scummy (275). Jury is out on what this means.

On reflection, I notice that Kast doesn't actually have GreyICE down as scummy in his summary post. So that's a point in his favor re: the thing I thought I noticed earlier.

69. SX describes an angel attack in 283, probably based on that halo-y one that attacks Asuka near the end of the series. At least one faction is probably the Angels. I would not be surprised if SEELE were another faction. I'm really interested to see how Kaworu is used. /spec that I can't hold back any longer.

It's a little weird that the effects of the "intrusion" are unknown...

CJ wrote:At risk of answering for another player, there are two kinds of players that tend to play below capacity. One of those categories is Mafia. Given something I spotted earlier in the thread, however, I'm pretty sure that Nocmen instead fits firmly into the second category, especially since that second possibility is also a very good explanation for another thing that Nocmen has done this game (and a bit of mod meta negates the most obvious objection to that possible explanation) - and that second category is very, very firmly town.

This made me lol. Also: I'll take your word for it for now....

New development is mainly that Amrun is scummy. :cry:
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:08 am

Post by Iecerint »

TOWN
GreyICE -- Obv
CandleJack -- I trust him.
tajo -- I need commentary on the remainder of the game, though.
Iecerint
SpyreX -- I ALMOST wanna put him in Neutral for lerkan, though. <_< WHEN I AM REDUCED TO THIS, GOD.
vollkan -- Vollkan is actually a voice of justice this game. I do not really have negative feelings in spite of negative expectations. Bodes well!
Pomegranate -- I see big tells both ways, but the town ones are winning out atm. This one can be analyzed in light of flips later on.

NEUTRAL
Antifinity -- I actually think he's pretty scummy, but I feel like I have too many scumreads. At least, I never have any idea where he's coming from. Maybe scum if the game is on its head.
Starbuck -- Main game-related activity I can recall is supporting the Stevie wagon with blinders on. Likelier scum if Stevie is town.
Ace -- There's a detachment to his posts that are easy to play off of a scum role PM. I dunno whether this is par for the course, though; no playing-with since Kingdom Hearts ages ago.
drew -- Blah. Blah. I can't even remember anything he did, except once when he unvoted Ace for reasons that still make no sense to me.
ZeL -- His posts are actually pretty sensible, but nothing to put him above
GhostWriterMotorcycleHero -- Par for the course.
LobsterCatapult -- Not scum with Amrun. But kinda scummy? But not really? Neutral.

WHO?
Kawaii
Surye
Celebloki -- I remember this player having like 2 posts, and they were both scummy. But there were 2.
malthusis -- I remember having opinions about one of this player's posts, but I forgot them, so they must've been pretty weak opinions. All I know about him is replacing him in Kingdom Hearts years ago...

SCUM
Amrun -- Gets scumreads on people who wagon with her, unexplained Stevie townread, bizarre Stevie attack on her. Also, I really like Amrun, so I think me having scum feelings on her doesn't bode well.
Nocmen -- BUT I get weird relational towntells. BUT he makes crappy cases (re: Kast). And scummy ones (re: GreyICE)
Ace -- I guess. Maybe he's Neutral? I am putting him there.

Stevie -- He lives in a fantasy world. But is that where scum live? I guess mainly if Amrun lives there? The recent disappearance doesn't do much for me.
Kast -- It's no stretch at all to me for this to be the scum variant of the standard strategy I see Kast employ. In particular, I think his attitude toward GreyICE doing shenanigans is dissonant with how he tends to behave when I do the same.
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:16 am

Post by drewoftherushes »

Iecerint wrote:
drew -- Blah. Blah. I can't even remember anything he did, except once when he unvoted Ace for reasons that still make no sense to me.

SCUM
Kast -- It's no stretch at all to me for this to be the scum variant of the standard strategy I see Kast employ. In particular, I think his attitude toward GreyICE doing shenanigans is dissonant with how he tends to behave when I do the same.

First, I'm pretty sure that was my RVS vote, so...

What's the standard strategy you see Kast employ, and could you talk about how this could be a scum variant of that? I think this could be useful.
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:18 am

Post by Candle Jack »

Amrun wrote:ITT I have a gay boyfriend <3

Interested in hearing what Stevie has to say, but stop with the Stevie votes. Nocmen votes are sooo much sexier.

Two giant, gaping problems with this post.

1) "Interested in hearing" but "stop Stevie votes". Yeah no, that's scum trying to stop the wagon/positioning for the bus if I ever saw it. (Ironically, she's not 100% wrong about stopping Stevie votes

2) More importantly, Amrun just made it abundantly clear that she doesn't actually care about Nocmen's alignment - she just wants him lynched. That's not town behavior.

If it wasn't for the fact I don't want the Stevie wagon to die without further Stevie posts (preferably including a claim), I would be voting Amrun right now. As it is,
HoS with extreme prejudice: Amrun

---

In other news, nobody else vote for Stevie until he's posted at least once more (or lurked to the point of needing replacement).

Stevie: There are more than 10 players alive. You are at L-2 There is a player who has promised to hammer should you reach L-1. Claim or else.

---

Where the hell are ani and malthusis?

Mod: Prods for animorpherv1 and malthusis, please.
You said my name?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:49 am

Post by Iecerint »

I would've been ADDING my vote to Ace around that time, so the unvote seemed very weird. I don't know what the point of RVS is (well, there's still SOME point, but) if you remove said votes as a matter of principle.

My finished-game experience with Kast is just the original Brave and the Beautiful. He was very into set-up/mechanic analysis, very into kind of addressing all points of view and consolidating them, but also a little bit detached from the X v. Y elements of the game. This game, he's still doing that, but enough of his analysis seems motivated to support theses that I don't think are very plausible that I am suspicious. I think I highlight a couple of examples through my readthrough, one fairly early on. The big one for me is his attitude toward GreyICE this game. I'm SLIGHTLY appeased by his eventual agnosticism with regard to his alignment, but only just.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:50 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Iecerint wrote:
SCUM

Wait, he doesn't normally react that way when you do it, but is now taking offense with GI doing it?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:08 am

Post by SpyreX »

Ice wrote:56. SX's 219 seems...I mean, it wouldn't make sense for scum to just be able to redirect whole lynches...unless he's thinking it's linked SPECIFICALLY to Stevie.

You crazyface lets delve into a little meta for a second you FIRSTHAND should know that that paranoia isn't absolutely unfounded sheesh.

All in all though A++ would read again (and I did actually read it).

And I'm reaaaallly not lurking as much as covered in bees all the time; however, all that's done is make it so I can't give my case(s) yet but that is moot because I'm hammering Stewie and then he's flipping scum and ace is getting a bullet in the dome tonight and also flipping scum.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by Amrun »

Aw, my heart is broken.

I can understand most of your interpretation and generally agree with it.

I think you are misunderstanding my intent in a couple of posts, but that's okay for now. What is important is you are town.

It's going to take me awhile to fully process that infodump, but for now, I am confused on your stance on Lobster, which is relevant to my interests. Can you elucidate, please?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:09 pm

Post by StevieT92 »

I just got back from the beach, re-reading everything. I'm not going to claim until the 8 or so players who haven't really posted or just got subbed into the game post their thoughts. If that's so scummy then lynch me. I'll post some more detailed thoughts on who else i think is scummy either later tonight or tomorrow.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:32 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

"Hi guys, I'm 'town' but don't wanna give info despite the fact that it's obvious that one more vote will put me in the position to not give info. That's helpful townie play, right? Why do you guys find me scummy again?"
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:22 pm

Post by Amrun »

OKAY SO

Had a minor revelation while re-reading some things.

Candle Jack, I think I saw what you saw.

Unvote: Nocmen; Vote: Lobster Catapult
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:36 pm

Post by malthusis »

Got a prod, will try to get something up today...
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:10 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Amrun wrote:Vpom, I'd like to see your response to Kast.

Please specify.

--

I definitely need to ISO/look more at Noc; he hasn't really registered much in my mind this game. Will do tomorrow.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by Amrun »

Kast's big post with a little section that says "Pomegranate." ...
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by Kdub »

Day 1 - Vote Count #12

Amrun (1)
- animorpherv1
Kawaii (0)
-
GreyICE (2)
- malthusis, StevieT92
Antifinity (0)
-
Candle Jack (0)
-
populartajo (0)
-
Iecerint (0)
-
Nocmen (3)
- LobsterCatapult, ace5993, Kast
Surye (0)
-
Celebloki (0)
-
malthusis (0)
-
Starbuck (0)
-
ace5993 (0)
-
drewoftherushes (1)
- populartajo
ZeL1nK (0)
-
StevieT92 (10)
- vollkan, GhostWriter, Pomegranate, GreyICE, ZeL1nK, Candle Jack, Nocmen, Starbuck, Antifinity, drewoftherushes
GhostWriter (0)
-
SpyreX (0)
-
Kast (1)
- Surye
vollkan (0)
-
Pomegranate (0)
-
LobsterCatapult (1)
- Amrun
animorpherv1 (1)
- Celebloki
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (3)
- Kawaii, Iecerint, SpyreX

23 votes available, 12 votes needed to lynch

Deadline is July 18, ~ 10 am PDT

Note: Votes that are in quote tags will not be counted.

Candle Jack wrote:
Mod: Prods for animorpherv1 and malthusis, please.

animorpherv1 already has been prodded. If he doesn't respond or post within 72 hours of the prod, he will be replaced.
Last edited by Kdub on Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by vollkan »

Amrun wrote:
Interested in hearing what Stevie has to say, but stop with the Stevie votes. Nocmen votes are sooo much sexier.

What CJ said - another
Amrun+5
contingent on Stevie scumflip

Iece wrote:
Oh man. Vollkan. You ended up flipping town in Disgaea 2, right?

Yup, just went back and checked - was also reminded of our big playstyle clash

Stevie wrote:
I'm not going to claim until the 8 or so players who haven't really posted or just got subbed into the game post their thoughts.

Reason being?
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Thanks, will do tomorrow, most likely.
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

(^^^ Response to Amrun)
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by StevieT92 »

vollkan wrote:

Stevie wrote:
I'm not going to claim until the 8 or so players who haven't really posted or just got subbed into the game post their thoughts.

Reason being?

Reason being that there are a lot of them. I want to see what the have to say before i claim.

@spyrex please show me some respect and don't lynch me before i claim. I will claim.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:39 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Iecerint wrote:I would've been ADDING my vote to Ace around that time, so the unvote seemed very weird. I don't know what the point of RVS is (well, there's still SOME point, but) if you remove said votes as a matter of principle.

My finished-game experience with Kast is just the original Brave and the Beautiful. He was very into set-up/mechanic analysis, very into kind of addressing all points of view and consolidating them, but also a little bit detached from the X v. Y elements of the game. This game, he's still doing that, but enough of his analysis seems motivated to support theses that I don't think are very plausible that I am suspicious. I think I highlight a couple of examples through my readthrough, one fairly early on. The big one for me is his attitude toward GreyICE this game. I'm SLIGHTLY appeased by his eventual agnosticism with regard to his alignment, but only just.

Please explain in the context of the game. I understand the thing with Grey, but why exactly do you think that?

StevieT92 wrote:I just got back from the beach, re-reading everything. I'm not going to claim until the 8 or so players who haven't really posted or just got subbed into the game post their thoughts. If that's so scummy then lynch me. I'll post some more detailed thoughts on who else i think is scummy either later tonight or tomorrow.

No, you're the one with the wagon on you. I want to hear what you say, uniquely, without just trying to sheep stuff that others may post.
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by Candle Jack »

StevieT92 wrote:
vollkan wrote:

Stevie wrote:

Reason being?

Reason being that there are a lot of them. I want to see what the have to say before i claim.

@spyrex please show me some respect and don't lynch me before i claim. I will claim.

Sounds an awful lot like "Hey, maybe the lurkers can be a distraction! Even if they don't distract people from my wagon, they'll still buy me time to make up my falseclaim..." to me. And that's not even mentioning the possibility of fishing for information to make a better falseclaim with... and the fact that I suspect scum have daytalk...

More to the point, you were told to claim or else and refused to claim. That means it's time for the "or else". Since I don't really want to lynch you without a claim, I'll give you a second chance to rectify your error. However, if you do not claim by Tuesday morning, I will support a hammer without a claim.

Confirm Vote: StevieT92
You said my name?
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:11 pm

Post by malthusis »

StevieT92 wrote:
vollkan wrote:

Stevie wrote:

Reason being?

??
Why are you hesitating to claim? Almost all the active people are voting you, and people are willing to hammer you. Everyone who's voting you or are about to vote you have already laid out compelling cases.

I just think you're a very inept townie, but there's no reason to stall for time.

P-Edit: CJ ninja'd me... :neutral:
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:00 pm

Post by populartajo »

Pomegranate wrote:Tajo: Nice to see you here, but onto more important stuff. Like, how the one time I'm mentioned in your post is this-
pome understanding the situation in iso41 but RANDOM VOTING is also scummy fos: pome.
, yet I'm on the list of 'people who need to die'. I need to dies for RVing? :?

And the same regarding Kast; he has to die for his wall-o-text posts?

Why would you RV when you already understand the situation and you can make a valid vote?

Kast has to die because wallotext overreactions to Greyice sarcasm is scummy as hell.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”