Newbie 1116 -- Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:11 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

VE wrote:No pressure or anything....le sigh

Towniest townie that ever towned a town!

So yeah, I've been reading through ISO's and while I do believe I now more fully understand everybody's positions, it hasn't given me any additional leads on scum. It has given me a headache though. I've read:
Miss JJ + The ISO's of her previous games (Just now)
Workdawg (just now)
Tomie (just now)
Cymru (earlier)

I'll reread bigAl's later.
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:25 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

Cobblerfone wrote:
VE wrote:No pressure or anything....le sigh

Towniest townie that ever towned a town!

So yeah, I've been reading through ISO's and while I do believe I now more fully understand everybody's positions, it hasn't given me any additional leads on scum. It has given me a headache though. I've read:
Miss JJ + The ISO's of her previous games (Just now)
Workdawg (just now)
Tomie (just now)
Cymru (earlier)

I'll reread bigAl's later.

Aw, shucks...honestly though, I think bigAl and you BOTH are townier than I am...but that's just my opinion.

Cobbler, between cymru96 and Bluepokemon, who do you think would make the better lynch today?
Show
In your Viscera Eyes
Cataracts close the blinds
Let me let comfort come drown by your side.

As Town: 4-4
As Mafia: 5-0
Total Games Completed: 13

Nerd National
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Post by Grimmjow »

Wow, Blue, if you're just following VE's lead, then essentially you're looking more and more scum to me. Is that not the argument we used with VE: stepping back and just following the town is an easy was for scum to keep from looking suspicious?
/DANCE OR FEED
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

@Grimm
....only going further and saying that unconditionally, whoever you vote for, I vote for. Apparently including himself. I REALLY don't like it...
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by Grimmjow »

Also, my computer is having... issues... right now, so idk when I'll have to get off this thing again and wont be able to get on for a bit. But while I'm here, I'm ready.

Also, I find it interesting the Al just pops in long enough to comment on Blue's self-vote, but says nothing about anything else in the game. As an IC, I'd expect him to be a bit more active, especially if he's trying to seem town...
/DANCE OR FEED
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:38 pm

Post by Grimmjow »

Now, I'm having a slight issue here...

Assuming Blue is scum, and he's following your lead, would that not then make you seem like scum as well? Wouldn't it be reasonable for a newb-scum player in Blue's position to just sit back and follow his scumbuddy around?

That being said, Blue-scum could also be doing this to make us think you might be scum whereas you might not be. So we have a WIFOM dilemma here as well...
/DANCE OR FEED
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

VE wrote:Cobbler, between cymru96 and Bluepokemon, who do you think would make the better lynch today?

Hmm... That's a tough question. On the one hand cymru is being stubborn, and on the other blue is sheeping you completely. (Good thing you're a town read). I guess I'd say cymru since he seems the less town out of the two.

I think I'm prefering a Workdawg lynch though. His early posts strike me as trying to keep himself open to jump on any bandwagon, but I'd have to reread again to be sure since relatively I skimmed (That square-format is just ugly and hard on my eyes somehow.) and that vote for cymru is practically the definition of oppurtunistic. I'm waiting for JJ's replacement and my reread of bigAl before my vote though.

PREVIEW EDIT:
Grimmjow wrote:As an IC, I'd expect him to be a bit more active, especially if he's trying to seem town...

That wording is odd, but nothing to base a vote on since I have you as town before. And, regardless of alignment of course bigAl would try to seem town.
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:45 pm

Post by Grimmjow »

Cobblerfone wrote:PREVIEW EDIT:
Grimmjow wrote:As an IC, I'd expect him to be a bit more active, especially if he's trying to seem town...

That wording is odd, but nothing to base a vote on since I have you as town before. And, regardless of alignment of course bigAl would try to seem town.

You're right. The wording was funky. I think what I meant to say was that I'd expect him to be more active, especially if he were town. Staying in the background is kind of a scum tactic, as to not draw attention to himself.
/DANCE OR FEED
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:09 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

Yeah, bigAl's ISO is long, gonna need to finish it later. I read the first page of his ISO in a scum newbie game. I don't think it helped anything.

Grimmjow wrote:That being said, Blue-scum could also be doing this to make us think you might be scum whereas you might not be. So we have a WIFOM dilemma here as well...

Everything can be a "WIFOM dilemma". That's why you ignore circular logic and go for things that are beneficial of scum or seem odd. Also, I don't think that really counts as WIFOM... Just a wild theory that doesn't really make any sense. How is this theoretical plan supposed to make VE look scummy without also making blue look scummy? How does it make VE look scummy at all?
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by Grimmjow »

I'm just saying that if Blue is scum, then latching on to VE would make him look scummy if Blue got lynched. But you're right, it's just a wild theory.
/DANCE OR FEED
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:12 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

I think any discussion about lynching bigAl should be saved for a different day if you guys feel he's scummy. I think we can all agree that he won't be the lynch target today, one way or the other.

But I'm fully willing to discuss almost anyone else at this point, as he's the only IC. I brought up cymru and Blue because I feel strongest about lynching one of them today, but I'll go back and reread Workdawg as Cobbler has mentioned preferring to lynch him today.

Grimm, who do you think you'd be most for lynching today, assuming what you say goes and the one you finger gets lynched? (PS, it's okay to say me too, if that's how you feel...the question was NOT loaded.)
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:16 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

VE wrote:But I'm fully willing to discuss almost anyone else at this point, as he's the only IC. I brought up cymru and Blue because I feel strongest about lynching one of them today, but I'll go back and reread Workdawg as Cobbler has mentioned preferring to lynch him today.

For the record this does ring a kind of alarm bell as well. But... You definitely seem to be trying to find the best lynch.
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:17 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

Cobblerfone wrote:
For the record this does ring a kind of alarm bell as well. But... You definitely seem to be trying to find the best lynch.

...it's what we're here for, yes?
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:33 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

Yes

Cobblerfone wrote:His early posts strike me as trying to keep himself open to jump on any bandwagon,

I reread and I know longer find this to be explicitly the case.
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by Grimmjow »

Actually, I was just bitching to my bf about how I have NO clue who's scum in this game. Cy and Blue are noob and playing so... I don't want to use the word "poorly," but that's the best word for this... that I can't get a read on either of them. Tomie, as I have stated, doesn't really do anything that I can see except recap things; Cobbler, as I stated, seems scum to me, but recently he's been coming off as more and more town; Al I'm hesitant about because if he is town, we'd loose a potentially good player; Workdawg I just can't seem to get a solid read on; you are coming off as town, but I'm still hesitant because of my previous suspicions of you, though I do have to say the kinda-sorta-but-not-really-pushing-for-a-no-lynch seemed a bit scummy to me; and JJ's getting replaced and she posted no real content before the thread started blowing up.

What that boils down to is I just don't know. I think at this point I'd be ok with a lynch on Cy or Blue, just because they're playing poorly and aren't really participating or posting any content at all. Between the two of them, I'd go for Blue, however. Cy at least has made SOME points, whereas Blue has just been all over the place.
/DANCE OR FEED
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by Grimmjow »

@VE: I just got my computer completely up and running, and I don't have anything planned for the night, so I'm going to be up for a bit if you want to do another night of speed mafia type thing.
That goes for everyone too. I'm online for a while now, so let's get this rolling.
/DANCE OR FEED
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

Grimmjow wrote:Actually, I was just bitching to my bf about how I have NO clue who's scum in this game. Cy and Blue are noob and playing so... I don't want to use the word "poorly," but that's the best word for this... that I can't get a read on either of them. Tomie, as I have stated, doesn't really do anything that I can see except recap things; Cobbler, as I stated, seems scum to me, but recently he's been coming off as more and more town; Al I'm hesitant about because if he is town, we'd loose a potentially good player; Workdawg I just can't seem to get a solid read on; you are coming off as town, but I'm still hesitant because of my previous suspicions of you, though I do have to say the
kinda-sorta-but-not-really-pushing-for-a-no-lynch
seemed a bit scummy to me; and JJ's getting replaced and she posted no real content before the thread started blowing up.

What that boils down to is I just don't know. I think at this point I'd be ok with a lynch on Cy or Blue, just because they're playing poorly and aren't really participating or posting any content at all. Between the two of them, I'd go for Blue, however. Cy at least has made SOME points, whereas Blue has just been all over the place.

Something else fun I would've enjoyed typing if I didn't already understand where you're coming from ^^

Honestly, I was never PUSHING a no-lynch. I was raising it as a possibility because I don't know how this forum typically views no-lynches and I feel like it might be better than randomly stabbing. On EpicMafia (ugh), No-Lynch was STANDARD d1, and that's AFTER Mafia have already gotten a night-kill in. So I don't know. I just don't want to see us lynch a townie.

And regarding speed-mafia, the host will probably shoot one of us. lmao But I'm down providing the wife hasn't made plans for me yet -.-
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:06 pm

Post by Grimmjow »

VisceraEyes wrote:Something else fun I would've enjoyed typing if I didn't already understand where you're coming from ^^

I lol'd

Honestly, I was never PUSHING a no-lynch. I was raising it as a possibility because I don't know how this forum typically views no-lynches and I
VisceraEyes wrote:feel like it might be better than randomly stabbing. On EpicMafia (ugh), No-Lynch was STANDARD d1, and that's AFTER Mafia have already gotten a night-kill in. So I don't know. I just don't want to see us lynch a townie.

I'd prefer that as well, but since we don't really have any solid reads, I'd rather lynch a poorly-playing townie than someone that might be a good player later.

VisceraEyes wrote:And regarding speed-mafia, the host will probably shoot one of us. lmao But I'm down providing the wife hasn't made plans for me yet -.-

Again, I lol'd.
/DANCE OR FEED
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:06 pm

Post by Grimmjow »

Oops about that last post's second quote, but you get what needs to be quoted.
/DANCE OR FEED
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by Grimmjow »

Also, NS is pretty chill, actually. And I think he enjoyed our drunken ramblings the other night.
/DANCE OR FEED
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

Grimm wrote:Workdawg I just can't seem to get a solid read on; you are coming off as town, but I'm still hesitant because of my previous suspicions of you, though I do have to say the kinda-sorta-but-not-really-pushing-for-a-no-lynch seemed a bit scummy to me;

When did Workdawg do this? Or did you mean VE?
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

I'm gonna finish up here at work and I'll be back with a rock-solid-wall of analysis when I get home. Later Gators.

@Cobbler
That was regarding me...I suggested a no-lynch earlier too, shortly after I gave up and un-gave-up.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by Grimmjow »

I meant VE. The semicolon commands it!
/DANCE OR FEED
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by bigAl »

Grimmjow wrote:Also, I find it interesting the Al just pops in long enough to comment on Blue's self-vote, but says nothing about anything else in the game. As an IC, I'd expect him to be a bit more active, especially if he's trying to seem town...
As I said in my previous last post, I was in the middle of catching up on the day's posts, when I saw the VE saying you can't self-vote, and thought I'd jump in with a quick rule correction. Then I had dinner, more work stuff, etc. Content is coming soon (ie. later in this post.) I have a busy job at the moment (no internet there) so I can only post evenings - I think I made that clear at the start of the game. I'm not "trying to seem town", I'm just trying to find scum. No need to hide what ain't there. :)

Anyway. A cymru lynch makes me... nervous. And yes, I know I'm voting him at the moment. My thoughts- if he flips town, what does that give us? We know that he didn't like JJ for questionable reasons. We know that most everyone that has talked about him wants him to post more definite opinions on people. The only thing that could really distinguish the remaining live people from each other is whether or not they thought his "typo" was legitimate or not. And his role doesn't really even matter much for that - if someone thinks it's a typo, they still think it's a typo whether he's scum or not. There's also the consideration of whether he's currently helping the town (as either scum or town) - currently not much. I guess it makes sense to - when you see several people as equally scummy - lynch the one that's the least helpful to the town. Of course this is all a big
if
he flips town. If he's scum, that's great, but doesn't give a lot of info about his partner.

Compare a cy lynch to say... Grimm. Or Workdawg. Or VE. Or myself even. All of these people have been supported or accused by several others, with several heated debates on both sides. When the lynchee flips, we get a ton of new data to see who supported or attacked them. Of course, I wouldn't propose a VE lynch over a cymru lynch, cause I think VE's looking pretty townie. But just saying that if we're choosing between two sketchy people, let's consider how much the result will help us.

Then there's Blue, who, while he looks relatively townie to me, also looks terribly inexperienced/terrible at mafia, and is a dangerous loose cannon. Blindly following someone else is dangerous no matter how townie VE looks - this could be giving the mafia three votes. Considering that we'll need only four to lynch tomorrow (assuming lynch/nightkill), that's a little too close for comfort. Even if VE is town, a second opinion would be more useful than a double vote, I think.

Al I'm hesitant about because if he is town, we'd loose a potentially good player

If Al is mafia, they'd lose a potentially good player. @everyone that's not lynching me because they don't want to lose the IC - note that an experienced player can help the mafia just as much as they can help town.

Okay, because people keep adding new posts in the thread since I started writing this, I'm going to cut it off here and start a new post. Cause I realize that in this long post, I've said incredibly little about anything specific.
Come play Metroplexity! Come play Unangband!
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:15 pm

Post by bigAl »

Oh yeah, I was going to mention regarding cy - I'm still voting him. My (and others) repeated questions/requests for his opinion have gone largely unanswered, so I hope a couple votes will get him in gear. I'm thinking about 55% scum at the moment, but there's so little there it's hard to base anything on.
Come play Metroplexity! Come play Unangband!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”