New York 134: Planet of Hats (Scum Win!)

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:39 am

Post by Thor665 »

Does glowball being a newb make him more likely to be scum?
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:43 am

Post by bvoigt »

No, obviously....
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:45 am

Post by Thor665 »

What makes you so sure his LaL post is scum motivated as opposed to newb motivated?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:48 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Thor665 wrote:I strongly agree with your Sleepy read - I'm not sure about the rest. I was actually going to suggest just ending Swag/PB by wagon till lynch, but I owe you a sheep anyway and am not fond of krypt's play either;

Unvote: chk/glow/ball/in/flip
Vote: kryptinen

Honestly I could go back to the PBuG wagon but I'd rather give him a shot at actually producing content.
bvoigt wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:
bvoigt wrote:This is a vote from a scum mindset...trying to appear town, not actually thinking like town. It's not real scumhunting; she's simply trying to make a policy vote (Lynch All Liars), without actually thinking Thor is more likely to be scum

hooooooo boy. Lynch all liars is a perfectly valid argument/policy to follow, but bvoigt somehow shifts that into a scumtell. Me no likey.

It's not a valid policy to follow when something's obviously not intended to be true. Glowball's vote doesn't look sincere at all...does Thor claiming daycop really make him more likely to be scum?

Does it NOT? How can you argue the opposite side of that case?
It's too swingy. When people are too lighthearted/jokey, it can be seen as a scumtell, which I've actually used in previous games. So no, glowball's vote isn't terrible.

bvoigt is slightly scummier now for trying to push an invalid argument.
green shirt thursdays
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:56 am

Post by bvoigt »

Thor665 wrote:What makes you so sure his LaL post is scum motivated as opposed to newb motivated?

I dunno...a newb reason would be more like voting some for aggressiveness or something.

xRECKONERx wrote:
bvoigt wrote:It's not a valid policy to follow when something's obviously not intended to be true. Glowball's vote doesn't look sincere at all...does Thor claiming daycop really make him more likely to be scum?

Does it NOT? How can you argue the opposite side of that case?
It's too swingy. When people are too lighthearted/jokey, it can be seen as a scumtell, which I've actually used in previous games. So no, glowball's vote isn't terrible..

It doesn't need to be a towntell. It's not a scumtell. And the lighthearted thing might be true, but glowball never mentioned that as a reason.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:05 am

Post by TBuG »

Warning, wall ahead...

First of all, I read once before replacing in and skimmed it a second time, didn't analyze too deeply either time. I ISO'd DK because he stood out to me the most. Just reread it again (well, rereading as I write this) and here be my notes:

18;DeityKabuto - I dislike that he doesn't comment on the PL forming against him, whatsoever.
23;bvoigt - Seems like picking at a hydra for doing something that hydras do.
25;sanchocolates - This post just seems a liiittle off to me, it feels like LOL LOOK HOW TOWN I AM BY WANTING TO SCUMHUNT INSTEAD OF PLING.
27;DeityKabuto - Making a note here that DK said "will be posting reads sometime soon" and I don't recall him ever actually posting said reads.
30;chkballin[glowball] - "Somewhat skeptical of anyone who would immediately join a policy lynch of a person they've probably never played with." Very much agree.
32;DeityKabuto - This post legitimately makes no sense. He bites at sanchocolates for, as far as I can tell, just mentioning him.
34;DeityKabuto - "everything up to Day 2 is fake" :|
40;sanchocolates - "You can't post reads this early in the game..." You can ALWAYS post reads.
45;Palisade[almond] - Throws a vote at Parabollocks, with no apparent reasoning.
47;Parabollocks - I see this as protown because rage is usually a towntell in my book.
50;chkballin[glowball] - "You can express your frustration with facts." I like this.
60;chkballin[glowball] - More attempting to investigate why people are voting for DK. I'm becoming increasingly curious why my biggest town read becomes a prominent wagon.
63;65536[monk] - Not a fan of the vote thrown on jilynne without reasoning. Which reminds me that I've barely seen any posts out of her.
65;Palisade[almond] - Still no reasoning for his suspicions.
67;DeityKabuto - blahblahi'mawesomeandbetterthanyoublah. "Provide real content, right now I am busying commenting on all my fans (you're on of them), that's my excuse." No, dear, there's no excuse for providing no content. It's entirely possible to provide content while still addressing people's concerns with your play. Oh, wait, you're doing NEITHER.
68;jilynne1991 - "You shouldn't mafia. If you're going to keep playing, you should start playing wisely and actually reading and scumhunting." excellent posting. Wish you did it more.
71;65536[monk] - Cool story bro, you must have something to talk about other than jily being scummy.
72;Palisade[almond] - I'm becoming increasingly more tired with Almond's lack of significant content. Hydras are not an excuse to feed us little tiny comments like this.
77;chkballin[glowball] - Okay, not actually a fan of this post. Intimidation is fine, especially with someone as incorrigible as DK seems to be.
78;jilynne1991 - "I think we should be scumhunting at the moment." Okay, not a fan of the contradictions of this post. She basically admitted she was bandwagoning for pressure instead of scumhunting. If you're going to tell others to scumhunt, please do so yourself.
81;jilynne1991 - I really, really hate whenever someone says they're voting for pressure. Pressure-voting never works if you actually give it away. With that in mind, it generally comes off as a shitty way to justify a vote.
82;chkballin[glowball] - Not a significant tell but DK is
hardly
answering questions.
102;Palisade[?] - Oh, so now that he's getting votes, you'll bite? Cool.
104;Palisade[?] - I'm generally suspicious when players ask others to find their logic for them instead of giving it, repeating it, or pointing them to relevant posts.
107;BeaverWeasel[?] - I don't like how BW jumps in here and only comments on a few things with completely useless or repetitive remarks.
108;DeityKabuto - Unnecessary confrontational post with no comments on anything vaguely relevant, as seems to be the norm.
111;Tomie Uzumaki - Some reasoning would be nice...?
114;Tomie Uzumaki - "She's ignoring a specific player which she shouldn't be doing so based on what she has said so far. Hint: It's the guy who supported the policy lynch against Deity without a reason." This describes a large chunk of the wagon (granted, I'm fairly certain this is about Swag/now me).
116;Taro - Worst first post ever. Bandwagon + outrage that nobody else is bandwagoning.
125;PeregrineV - Hops on Swag without a word.

INTERMISSION: PEREGRINEV
This post really rubbed me the wrong way because I couldn't remember a single post from PeregrineV beforehand. I was
almost
right.
15 - RVS on Thor
125 - Votes Swag
270 - Thinks chkballin is town, wants to hear from Swag prior to lynch
352 - Unvotes for me to weigh in
So, all PeregrineV has done is bandwagon - but, of course, tries to look like he's doing it the right way.

back to analysis.
134;Celebloki - Laundry list of scummy things that DK does; doesn't appear to have any read on him whatsoever.
140;BeaverWeasel - Raises a good point that Swag is new
here
. Had I not replaced Swag I'd dismiss it as stupid, but as I know that I'm town, I see it as valid.
143;Thor655 - You have lots of opinions. You don't appear to back them up with reasons.
147;chkballin[glowball] - I like this entire post.
157;Knight of Cydonia - Avoids discussing anything that is going on in favor of jumping on DK again.

INTERMISSION: KNIGHT OF CYDONIA
I couldn't remember KoC saying anything about anyone other than DK. I was right.
5 - RVS self-vote
42,54,69,75,157,159,207 - tunneling on DK
210 - Insulting someone against PLing (granted, it was actually a viable comment, kryptinen's post was retarded)
292 - Unvoting DK and seeming to hint that he has a vig kill?

158;DeityKabuto - More tunnelling on anyone who insults him.
163;Taro - Failvotes himself; the intention was to join the new bandwagon.

INTERMISSION: TARO
116 - Bandwagons DK
163,175 - Bandwagons Swag
179,188 - pointless
237 - STFU I LIEK CONTENTLESS BANDWAGONS MY LIEF IS HARD
355 - This I actually agree with, glowball/chkballin wagon being scumdriven.

172;JDGA - Doesn't post much, usually includes an annoyingly thorough votecount to look like he's contributing.
184;jilynne1991 - Defends JDGA's votecounts.
190;SleepyKrew - Jumping to ridiculous conclusions based on one post from jilynne; votes Swag without providing reasoning.
194;DeityKabuto - Promises us some reads again.
196;65536[tarsonisocelot] - This post just rubs me the wrong way and I can't place it.
198;Tomie Uzumaki - Weirdly aggressive towards glowball. Throws out that BW is scum without reasoning.
199;Thor655 - I hate when someone indicates that someone should die regardless of alignment, and Taro is certainly not the biggest offender. DK, sure. Taro, not really...
209;kryptinen - reeks of active lurking. Successfully adds no viable points.
212;JDGA - Nice Taro defense, thar.
219;sanchocolates - Good point, where's Palis- oh
220;Palisade[red] - Paraphrase: I'm good at observing, so I don't have to contribute. Here's some popular opinions and a couple vague comments thrown in.
226-7;DeityKabuto - IF YOU ARE GOING TO GET UPSET AT PEOPLE FOR NOT CONTRIBUTING, FUCKING CONTRIBUTE KJSFHFJSHGKJDHGK
231;Tomie Uzumaki - This tunneling on glowball is getting somewhat preposterous. Not only are they tunneling, they're magnifying the situation far past necessity.
234;Tomie Uzumaki - Okay, it seems like her entire reasoning is based on me being scum. I know I'm town. Point is invalid. Why aren't they voting me when their wagon depends on me being scum?
246;xRECKONERx - Amazing post.
274;DeityKabuto - Jesus fucking Christ. "I don't feel like I am contributing nor scumhunting, so?" YOU ARE DOING NOTHING. THIS IS SCUMMY. "But I am posting content. Some people still have less than 5 posts so far, whereas I'm around 40." QUALITY =/= CONTENT.

I would like to quickly point out a glaring hole in everyone's reasoning for voting me. If having played elsewhere means that Swag should be a good player, doesn't that mean DK should, too?

277;bvgoit - Good posting.
279;65536[?] - This post is fucking retarded.
293;JDGA - SCUM. SCUMMY SCUM SCUM SCUM.
307;sanchocolates - Nice bandwagon, how about a reason?
334;chkballin[glowball] - Is this a serious vote? omgus'in on Thor like whoa.
345;kryptinen - I don't like this post at all. There's a vote for chkballin, but lots of commentary about not seeing the reasoning and me being a more viable lynch.
348;SleepyKrew - MORE BANDWAGONING.

INTERMISSION: SLEEPYKREW

10,12 - jilynne PL
115 - Says he's up for a DK, jily, or Swag lynch - the three main bandwagons at the time
127 - Pointless Swag spec
190 - Ridiculous jumping to conclusions and reasoning-less bandwagon vote
193 - Asks DK who's scum
305,344 - Doesn't see chkballin reasoning
348 - Joins chkballin wagon
380 - Saying "pushing a wagon without voting" is reasoning enough to vote chkballin, which I disagree with
383,385,389 - Fluff

Nothing else particularly outstanding to me.

@ CHKBALLIN, RE: 377 - No, I've never played with DK.

I like the kryptinen wagon, but not my biggest suspect yet.

So, in summary, my top scum reads are Taro, DeityKabuto, Knight of Cydonia, PeregrineV, and kryptinen, with an eye on SleepyKrew and JDGA.
I generally agree with Reck, chkballin, and occasionally Thor. I do think that Reck's town reads as he last stated them are severely faulty.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:05 am

Post by TBuG »

oh, and I'm majorly sketchy of Palisade.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:06 am

Post by TBuG »

Vote: Taro
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:49 am

Post by Thor665 »

I want to put a couple of things next to each other to see if they make sense to me;

PBuG wrote:199;Thor655 - I hate when someone indicates that someone should die regardless of alignment, and Taro is certainly not the biggest offender. DK, sure. Taro, not really...

PBuG wrote:INTERMISSION: TARO
116 - Bandwagons DK
179,188 - pointless

PBuG wrote:

@PBug - am I missing something?
Palisade
Palisade
Goon
Palisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:54 am

Post by Palisade »

Unvote, Vote: Krypt
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:16 am

Post by TBuG »

Thor665 wrote:I want to put a couple of things next to each other to see if they make sense to me;

PBuG wrote:199;Thor655 - I hate when someone indicates that someone should die regardless of alignment, and Taro is certainly not the biggest offender. DK, sure. Taro, not really...

PBuG wrote:INTERMISSION: TARO
116 - Bandwagons DK
179,188 - pointless

PBuG wrote:

@PBug - am I missing something?

I don't think Taro is significant enough to vig when we can wagon him to try and get him to contribute. DK is posting a lot and is a lost cause contribution-wise.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:27 am

Post by 65536 »

JDGA wrote:Right, chkballin's second head seems to be contributing quite a lot. I like it. UNVOTE: chkballin
However, any more tomfoolery from glowball and that vote goes right back on.
First, however, PBuG doesn't exactly seem to be doing much other than to ignore ALL the other suspects in favour of DK, which seems outright stupid.
I'll quickly tally up an abbreviated votecount, and move my vote to her if she's not too close to a quickhammer.

I really don't like this post, chk hasn't actually contributed any more than glowball has imo. At this stage though I'd be suspecting bussing rather than buddying from scummies to scummies. I think I'd like to put my vote here.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: JDGA

- monk
Show
We are a VI.
We are Legion.
We are men of action, lies do not become us.
We are not a psychopath.
Honest.

65K is a valid abbreviation of our name
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:59 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Palisade wrote:

65536 wrote:
JDGA wrote:Right, chkballin's second head seems to be contributing quite a lot. I like it. UNVOTE: chkballin
However, any more tomfoolery from glowball and that vote goes right back on.
First, however, PBuG doesn't exactly seem to be doing much other than to ignore ALL the other suspects in favour of DK, which seems outright stupid.
I'll quickly tally up an abbreviated votecount, and move my vote to her if she's not too close to a quickhammer.

I really don't like this post, chk hasn't actually contributed any more than glowball has imo. At this stage though I'd be suspecting bussing rather than buddying from scummies to scummies. I think I'd like to put my vote here.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: JDGA

- monk

I still want to lynch krypt but if she flips town hoooooooboy Palisade is getting THE GODHAMMER tomorrow.
If she flips scum Palisade is confirmed town kthx

Also <3 PBuG's newest post let's take him off the chopping block for now

DeityKabuto still needs a bullet tonight so we don't have to waste our time lynching him tomorrow
green shirt thursdays
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:30 pm

Post by TBuG »

Palisade wrote:

Palisade, could you pretty please give us some reasoning for this? Not that I don't find krypt scummy, oh lordy I do, but you have never once mentioned being even slightly suspicious of krypt until propositioning Thor and Reck like a penny cheap hooker.
Palisade
Palisade
Goon
Palisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by Palisade »

kryptinen wrote:
Thor665 wrote:Now, how about you answer my question - "whooooah, what's up with this CrAzY speed wagon of craaaaaaaaaaaziness!!!1! ....Vote: Speedwagon"

I wanted to know your reasoning, or if you had any.

Ballin has a vote that he needs to explain. Especially when he left it there even after it was made clear you were joking. The best way to get people to pay attention and start answering questions is to vote them. It was also to see if there were any more scumslips or hilarious antics under pressure.

I think it's the best place for my vote to hang out until Swag's replacement says something else but "lol swag was so scummy".

Palisade immediately after that wrote:Hey, Thor. Reck. You down for a Krypt lynch? ;)
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by chkballin »

Hey, I'm here waiting on chkflip AGAIN- whatevs, we talked about a possible mass HAT claiming where we all post the pics of our hats! I thought it sounded cool, how helpful idk. What do you guys think?

~
BALLIN
I want to believe, the truth is out there...
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:26 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Considering the mod specifically forbade it - I would say I feel you both need to read the thread better.
Of course I'm a negative sort of personality.
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:08 pm

Post by chkballin »

HAHAHA...sorry I forgot that part...I mean we can describe it though.

Nevermind! Damn my skim reading!

~
Ballin
I want to believe, the truth is out there...
sanchocolates
sanchocolates
Goon
sanchocolates
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:53 pm

Post by sanchocolates »

@PBuG: My reason are the same as the other peoples. I honestly don't want to type it down when people have already given ME the reason to vote for him, so why shall I repeat it?

Swag could've been just a newb, false claiming that he had an off-site experience, but PBuG's first post was against DK... *sigh*
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:11 pm

Post by JDGA »

About the votecounts I'd been making nearer the start: I stopped when someone requested it. I just felt each time that it'd been too long since a votecount was posted, so I made my own :/
65536, if you look at chkballin's posts, specifically the ones from the chk head (375/377/379/381), I'm fairly sure you'd understand why I believe that he's contibuting.
And PBuG: Sorry for calling you female again XD I tend to look at the avatar when checking for gender, not the actual gender flag >_<
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.
kryptinen
kryptinen
Goon
kryptinen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:03 pm

Post by kryptinen »

xRECKONERx wrote:YOU SEE THOR?
THIS IS WHY WE DON'T START COUNTERWAGONS TO SWAG IN THE FIRST FUCKIN' PLACE. BECAUSE ALL THEY DO IS CAUSE ME STRESS.

I disagree. Over half of the information on day 1 comes from failed wagons. If we just lynch a new player for one mistake we get next to nothing.

xRECKONERx wrote:Also she threatens Swag's replacement if he doesn't do anything useful… then never follows up on it.

Because voting is nothing?

xRECKONERx wrote:I still want to lynch krypt but if she flips town hoooooooboy Palisade is getting THE GODHAMMER tomorrow.

What post specifically made you think this? Do you think chaining lynches on the first day is a good stragedy?

chkballin wrote:Hey, I'm here waiting on chkflip AGAIN- whatevs, we talked about a possible mass HAT claiming where we all post the pics of our hats! I thought it sounded cool, how helpful idk. What do you guys think?

Usuallyin games like these the scum gets a bunch of safe claims, so only thing we could get out of this is either outing a bunch of power roles or making them lie.
ESL, might make mistakes. Sorry.
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:23 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

bvoigt wrote:
Palisade wrote:Swag remains caught scum. It's probably why he flaked on us. Caught in the first couple of pages + newbie.

While I do think Swag is scum, I don't think he flaked because of it. He hasn't posted in his other game, either.

Why do you think he is scum?

Is it because of that 1 newbish thing he did? Well, that's not a strong scumtell.

Btw, I am not saying Swag is the worse lynch, but I'm pretty sure we could whip up a better lynch for the day, and if we fail than the chances of a mislynch with Swag are 30%-60%.

Pallisade wrote:Hey, Thor. Reck. You down for a Krypt lynch?

Why did you only include Thor and Reck here?

Is it because you can't communicate with scumbuddies during the day?

Post #381... Thank you for your reads...

Thor665 wrote:So DK is obv. town?

Yea.

---

I am against the kyrptinen lynch, I would never side with Reck for his silly reasons.

Right now, I am okay with this:

Vote sanchocolates

My guts are telling me he's scum, no explaining to do, but you all will see later in the game.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:52 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

ITP DK insinuates a Thor/Reck/Palisade scumteam
then votes sancho
i am seriously about to jump back to a motherfucking DK lynch just in case we have a vigilante that is pants on head retarded
green shirt thursdays
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:04 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

xRECKONERx wrote:ITP DK insinuates a Thor/Reck/Palisade scumteam
then votes sancho
i am seriously about to jump back to a motherfucking DK lynch just in case we have a vigilante that is pants on head retarded

The vig is smarter than to stoop to your level of persuasion (:
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:05 am

Post by SleepyKrew »