Newbie 1116 -- Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:26 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

BLUE? ARE YOU TOWN? THEN DON'T VOTE YOURSELF.

ARE YOU SCUM? THAT'S FINE THEN, EASY WIN FOR ME. /frustrated sarcasm

WE GET TWO MISLYNCHES AT MOST AND I RATHER NOT WASTE THEM ON POLICY LYNCHES UNLESS THEY'RE SCUM. (still, I guess it's better than it happening in lylo. :igmeou: )

Blue you seem like you have good potential. Don't squander it. If you're scum this might actually be even more frustrating because this is making me want to not vote you.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:30 am

Post by Nobody Special »

I am going to make an Official Request.

PLEASE try your best to contain your thoughts as a player to as few posts as possible. Posting six times
in a row
in the space of eleven minutes is not cool.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
bluepokemon1234
bluepokemon1234
Goon
bluepokemon1234
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:32 am

Post by bluepokemon1234 »

veary sorry mod you can merg them if you like
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:38 am

Post by Workdawg »

Nobody Special wrote:

PLEASE try your best to contain your thoughts as a player to as few posts as possible. Posting six times
in a row

HOORAY !
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:41 am

Post by Grimmjow »

Holy crap. I wake up and this shit's going down...
Nobody Special wrote:

in a row

All I have to say is THANK GOD
/DANCE OR FEED
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:25 am

Post by bigAl »

bluepokemon1234 wrote:anybody that dosnt have there vote on me or cy should change their vote too one of us

Who decided that we are only going to lynch one of cy or blue? Why are the both of you resigned to this?
Come play Metroplexity! Come play Unangband!
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:47 pm

Post by bigAl »

cymru96 wrote:fos Blue

He unvotes as soon as there's suspicion on him and the two of us are getting the most attention and he then votes for me maybe to take pressure off him.

This is the first time cyrmu makes a decision, and it seems logical at least. Somewhat of an easy target, but still... progress.

Grimmjow gives me bad vibes. Has most of the game. He's gone from "I'm going to be extra suspicious of Al cause he's IC" to "I'm hesitant to lynch Al cause he's IC", back to voting me again in #559. I don't like his reasons for voting me in #559 (and #565) - my supposed "lurking", my illogical logic - it seems like it's stretching. I'm pretty sure that my accusations aren't OMGUS here.

@Workdawg, what has he done to make you think he's the mostly likely townie so far?

---

Blue, cut out the textspeak. I had to read this sentence four times til I figured out what the hell "copel" means. You don't need to write elaborate paragraphs, but
please
use periods at minimum.
> also ik no im pretty spamy but im always like that i dont have compostion skill to sit and write copel paragraphs it bores me

Also, I'm going to a concert tomorrow night so my posting time will be limited tomorrow.
Come play Metroplexity! Come play Unangband!
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:58 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Right, first thing, Cymru needs to change his avatar. SOTV.

Grimmjow's reaction to Al's vote for Cymru is the first kinda scummy thing I see: if you say 'Not random' it's pretty clear you've got a serious reason, which you're withholding for tactical reasons.

Grimmjow wrote:He also implies that he's town, but not to be sucked in, which the goal of all that is 1) to make people think he's town and 2) to make people think he's even more town by saying "But don't believe it just because I tell you I'm town," which frankly I think is bullshit.

That's standard IC procedure, it's not scummy. You will assert that you are town, but say why 'Follow-the-IC' is a bad strategy in general.

VisceraEyes' entry is very good, and surprisingly nuanced from a non-SE newbie:
@Viscera,
have you come from MTGS or something?

Ooh, REALLY do not like Grimmjow removing his vote as soon as he's criticised for it.

Grimmjow wrote:However, as I stated, my vote on Yonzy wasn't random. I think his reasoning for the vote was bullshit, and so I called him out on it.

Well, of course it was bullshit, it was a first post random vote...

Yonzy is really pinging my scumdar, but hard to put a specific reason on it.

Zihark entry = bad.

Cymru didn't slip, badargument is bad.

Workdawg is scummy, lot of IIOA in post 99.

Unvote, Vote Workdawg

One IIOAish post without any real suspicions is scummy enough. Two absolutely begs to be voted. Come on, six pages in and he's asking what everyone's level of experience is?

I don't really like much anything Grimmjow says, but his workrate is very atypical of a scum newbie.

Seriously, Workdawg is noncommittal scum, guys.

OK, on blue. He's clearly a child. Doesn't mean he's not scum, but doesn't mean he IS either. I don't see anything there that particularly seems like a scum tactic. He's just a derp.

cymru96 wrote:My question is. Who is scum between wordawg and TommieUzmaki?

Why is it one or other, not neither or both?

Workdawg's point about 'Too town' is NOT a good point. Scum want to LOOK like they're helping town, but they sure as hell don't actually want to HELP town. Usually, it's easier to slide in with the mid-range players than to go balls out to do as a really good town player would. Too townie is a fallacy. What's not fallacious is finding people scummy for doing things that LOOK town, but on deeper reflection wouldn't cause the player any difficulties if he's scum.

Anyway, to end p17. Not been able to do this all in one go.
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:35 am

Post by Workdawg »

@bigAl

I didn't say I think Grimm is town... I said that he has the most town read for me, so far. There's a distinction there. Of the 4 people I don't really have great reads on yet (from my previous post), I have gotten the most town vibe from him.

Grimm started off pretty abrasive, but that's gone aside more recently. He seems to be pretty analytical of everything and I haven't really noticed him doing anything that's really scummy (other than that one post where he wanted everyone to give their reads). He's had a reason for every vote he's made IIRC.

If your main issue with him is hit recent rally against you, then I think you might have a touch of OMGUS. I do agree that he's stretching a little bit on his points, but if the intent is to just put a little pressure on, then I don't really see the harm in that. If he were really pushing hard for your lynch, then it'd be more of an issue for me.

@Fonz

lol... another replacement who comes in and thinks I'm scum because of post 99. Really? Read my response to Tomie about that.

My thoughts on "too town" from back then were because of a handful of specific comments, not his overall gameplay. He did some other things that were suspicious at the time, and considering that, his "too town" comments just look like he was trying to earn town points.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:09 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

@Fonz: I'm glad we agree on Workdawg. Though, I'll keep in mind that you replaced into a slot that I found suspect.

@Workdawg: Do you have any explanation for why you don't have any reads at this point?
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:16 am

Post by Workdawg »

I have posted my reads...

I've said what I think about cym a few times, and others recent reads are here (582).
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:19 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

You know what I meant. But I just thought of something that's actually kind of obvious at this point. I'm not going to say what it is.
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:21 am

Post by Grimmjow »

The Fonz wrote:Ooh, REALLY do not like Grimmjow removing his vote as soon as he's criticised for it.

Yeah, no. Don't really see where that was the case. I kept my vote on him for... 28 posts. And in that amount of time a few people actually said that it was a bad decision. And, on top of that, it was and RVS that yonzi had placed on him, which, at the time, I didn't really see as an RVS. But after having thought about it, it did seem more like an RVS because, I was hoping, no one would really be
that
foolish as to have placed a vote on someone for that reasoning.

Also, here's a question for you: if you seem to think I"m soooooo scummy, why not vote me instead of Workdawg? Your only reason that you've stated was "his posting is atypical of newb scum." That's a major stretch there. I'm REEEEEEEALLY scummy, but the ONLY reason you're not voting me is because of my posting rate. Hmmm.
/DANCE OR FEED
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:35 am

Post by The Fonz »

Grimmjow wrote:
The Fonz wrote:Ooh, REALLY do not like Grimmjow removing his vote as soon as he's criticised for it.

Yeah, no. Don't really see where that was the case. I kept my vote on him for... 28 posts. And in that amount of time a few people actually said that it was a bad decision.

Miss JJ voted you. You unvoted in your next post. Point stands.

[quote="GJ"And, on top of that, it was and RVS that yonzi had placed on him, which, at the time, I didn't really see as an RVS. But after having thought about it, it did seem more like an RVS because, I was hoping, no one would really be
that
foolish as to have placed a vote on someone for that reasoning.[/quote]

Well, yeah, it was really obviously an RVS vote. Really really obvious. What perturbed me is that you seemed to be aware of the concept of the RVS, but attacked an RVS vote as if it were a serious one.

Grimmjow wrote:Also, here's a question for you: if you seem to think I"m soooooo scummy, why not vote me instead of Workdawg?

Why vote anyone, ever? Because Workdawg's scummier. I don't think you're soooooo scummy, anyway. I think pretty much everything you've said in this game that I've read has been wrong. That's not the same thing as 'You're scum.' You looked like scum early on.
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:39 am

Post by Grimmjow »

The Fonz wrote:Miss JJ voted you. You unvoted in your next post. Point stands.

Mis JJ voted me for RVS and because she knew me from our last game. Point doesn't stand...
/DANCE OR FEED
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:41 am

Post by Grimmjow »

Oh, sorry, didn't read her next post. You're right, she did say that my FoS was stronger than my vote and that's why she was voting me. She didn't "criticize" my vote, however.
/DANCE OR FEED
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:49 am

Post by Workdawg »

Cobblerfone wrote:You know what I meant. But I just thought of something that's actually kind of obvious at this point. I'm not going to say what it is.

I don't know what you mean. Can you elaborate on that without revealing your recent revelation?
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:58 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Workdawg wrote:I don't know what you mean. Can you elaborate on that without revealing your recent revelation?

I looked back and realized I misread your post here.
Workdawg wrote:Of the 4 people I don't really have great reads on yet (from my previous post), I have gotten the most town vibe from him.

So it doesn't matter any more.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:12 am

Post by The Fonz »

Grimmjow wrote:
The Fonz wrote:Miss JJ voted you. You unvoted in your next post. Point stands.

Mis JJ voted me for RVS and because she knew me from our last game. Point doesn't stand...

Miss JJ placed a real vote on you because your 'FOS' suspicion was a better argument than the (apparently) RVS-y reason why you were voting Yonzy. Point does stand, and your attempt to misrepresent her is noted.

Miss JJ wrote:@ Viscera - Sorry, I should have been more clear. It was not an extension of my "attempted" RVS vote. It was due to his FoSing of Big Al which seemed stronger than his reason for keeping his RVS vote on Yonzy.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:15 am

Post by The Fonz »

Grimmjow wrote:Oh, sorry, didn't read her next post. You're right, she did say that my FoS was stronger than my vote and that's why she was voting me. She didn't "criticize" my vote, however.

Oh sorry, replied before getting to your next post.

Looked pretty critical to me.
cymru96
cymru96
Goon
cymru96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:01 am

Post by cymru96 »

@the fonz

Why do I need to change avatar?
Record as townie- 0-0

Record as Scum- 2-0
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:54 am

Post by The Fonz »

Because I know enough Seals in real life, I don't want to have to put up with that bloody badge every time I check this game.

Shit on the Villa, shit on the Villa tonight etc etc
Tomie Uzumaki
Tomie Uzumaki
Goon
Tomie Uzumaki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:19 am

Post by Tomie Uzumaki »

Apologising for my absence. I got home sick last time I posted so I only took my time to keep up with my mish mash games.
But I should be back tomorrow~
cymru96
cymru96
Goon
cymru96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:22 am

Post by cymru96 »

For the record, I'm not changing avatar.

I'm not getting town vibes from the Fonz which kinda makes sense seeing as I thought JJ was scum... FoS The Fonz x2
Record as townie- 0-0

Record as Scum- 2-0
bluepokemon1234
bluepokemon1234
Goon
bluepokemon1234
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:48 am

Post by bluepokemon1234 »

yes another good replacement

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”