DEFCON Mafia 3.0 - Over, American Victory!

AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Day 2, DEFCON 2 - Vote Count III - But There Is A "We" In Weapon]

"We are going to have peace even if we have to fight for it." --Dwight D. Eisenhower

[Votes]

AurorusVox
(8) - inHimshallibe, ooba, HezLucky, Screaming Death Clan, SocioPath, ToastyToast, Katsuki, Revenge of the Wei
danakillsu
(1) - Hinduragi
Gammagooey
(0)
gorilla
(3) - Lady Lambdadelta, Toogeloo, Magister Ludi
HezLucky
(1) - danakillsu
Hinduragi
(0)
inHimshallibe
(0)
Internet Stranger
(1) - Gammagooey
Katsuki
(0)
Lady Lambdadelta
(0)
Magister Ludi
(0)
MagnaofIllusion
(0)
Magua
(0)
Mina
(0)
ooba
(0)
PookyTheMagicalBear
(0)
Regfan
(0)
Revenge of the Wei
(1) - Internet Stranger
Screaming Death Clan
(0)
SocioPath
(2) - MagnaofIllusion, AurorusVox
Swift Justice
(0)
ToastyToast
(0)
Toogeloo
(0)

Not voting
(6) - gorilla, PookyTheMagicalBear, Regfan, Magua, Mina, Swift Justice

[Activity]

The deadline is Sunday, 3 July at 23:59 EST. Twelve votes are required to lynch.
No prods currently needed.
Last edited by AlmasterGM on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by HezLucky »

Magister Ludi wrote:More obviously. Hez needs a nuke.

I would like an explanation for this.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Pooky wrote:yo dana

u trying to protect your boy AV?

Was it common in 2003 for scum to stupidly stick their neck out when their partners were 95% assured to be the lynch for the day and say “Hey, they aren’t scum”?

And what do you think of Hiraki, Gorilla and the others explicitly calling AV Town?

Please state where Dana says "hey they aren't scum" in those 2 posts I am responding to.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:13 pm

Post by gorilla »

I'm reading isos to get my head back in the game right now and I'll place a vote after that. I've basically been playing defensively because I don't have any clues right now and scum like Ludi clearly see that as a weakness. (for reference, I think Toog is town and LLD is probably town, just has lol reasoning)

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:You wanted to know why he wanted you dead.

Exactly. That's the entire basis of the "Why Me?" tell.

*sigh*

yeah, okay, I get that - I just thought people would be smarter than to give that tell any real credibility here. If wanting to see reasoning for someone's suspicions is a scumtell, then I clearly received the wrong role PM.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:11 pm

Post by SocioPath »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Socio wrote:Especially considering my view of Spy, those that know OF me, and those that know OF my playstyle, and those that know me, and those that know my playstyle, and those that think that they really know both me and my playstyle, people should realize that I certainly wouldn't kill Spy, of all people.

Yum, a pointless self-meta WIFOM sandwich!
HOLY SHIT.
I THINK MAY BE ANOTHER ANTI-SOCIOPATH SCUMTELL.
Unvote
Vote: MoI

Especially since apparently no one can meta me to save their life.
AND I HELP WHERE I CAN...AND THIS IS THE THANKS I GET?

YEP. MY SELF META IS TOTALLY SHIT.
Makes me go back to THIS joke of a post:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Screaming Death Clan wrote:Sociopath is killing off people who can read him and are threats

We're next

I r sad

Vote: AV

So Sociopath is confirmed scum to you.

Who is killing those who can read him.

And you are next.

Yet you are voting on the dominant bandwagon instead of trying to lynch Sociopath and save your "True Blue American" self from exploding trucks.

I'll bite.

UNVOTE: AV
VOTE: Sociopath

Come on Fate / Reck .. let's actually hang the person you think is the terrorist. Don't keep him alive because you like him.
No comments needed.

Also Pooky should comment on me more, I would like to hear what he has to say about me.
IS as well.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:39 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

^^You should comment more too, Socio.

Also, I will respond to AV's defense of my post tomorrow. It made include some Argumentation Skills 101
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:54 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Quiet you.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:27 pm

Post by Regfan »

Alright, going to attempt to do this chronoloigcally whenever I can however it'll likely turn out to be a mess of a wall. Post #615 by AV, reads as overdefensive and deflectionary to a degree however the tone he used to explain it in Post #618 reads as geninue and the suggestion of offering himself up as a lynch isn't something I believe he would attempt to do with this group of players as scum, overall feeling slightly better about him.

Gamma, in Jungle mafia you will notice a massive difference between Hez's initial play and his play as the game proceeds I would suggest reading the rest of it to understand the similarities between that game and this, furthermore his intial behaviour in that game proved to be unsuccesful and this was something he recognized so I believe it's entirely possible he's attempted to mould his play over the sections of that game which were productive. I would like for you to attempt to explain a few of your reads from Post #639, what exactly has led you to believe that Gorilla and inHim are town? The open admittance in Post #624 by Hez over having a lack of reads is odd given his previous attitude though, his reasoning behind it in Post #626 however is reasonable. His updated reads list on day two in Post #877 are something I share a lot of agreement with and his reluctance to decide a verdict on MoI and my allignments reads as geninue paranoia.

Not exactly a big fan of Post #644 by Gorilla, it reads as an attempt to slide by while providing minimal content, his suspicion towards Magna and SpyreX at this point is something I'm unable to understand or grasp. Post #663 by Swift reads as a strong town-tell, I've been in a decent amount of hydras before and the conversation log put forward reads as a legitimate geninue attempt to converse of the occurances of the game. Starting to see the town-read on inHim, Post #673 I too believe the attempt to paint Hez as anti-town and damaging is completly incorrect and is being abused, when I get time later I'll re-read through the thread to find out how it started and spread. Also liking the vote and reasoning behind it in Post #683.

SDC, mind explaining the town-read you stated you had on IS in Post #678 because again, not seeing it. Post #718 by Vi reads as an attempt to misrepresent Faraday, the motive behind faradays question of Gorilla and I should be highly evident, we've had copious amounts of experience playing together therefore hae strong meta knowledge and a better chance of reading each other. Gamma, can you explain Post #851, I've attempted to read into the flavour and I'm unable to find what makes you believe it was the terrorists kill only (If I've missed it, it's probably a sign that I should head to bed soon.) I have to disagree with Post #865 by LLD, I don't believe the kill leads towards Gorilla-SK, I know him well enough to know that he'd avoid any sort of night-kill speculation that could lead back towards him as a third party kind of role however I believe his unjustified overdefensiveness leads towards him being likely scum. With the exception of the SpyreX death being someone that SP would kill if he were a terrorist I'm not understanding the assumption or basis behind the accusation put forward by SDC earlier, reemphaised by MoI in Post #878 and again by AV in Post #879 which reeks of opportunistic voting.

I strongly dislike the attempted guilt tripping down in Post #886 by Swift, no one stated that they planed on completly ignoring RC's beliefs nor did they imply they would therefore suggesting it reads as off. I also would like Post #892 by Swift explained because personally I understand AV's worry over two scum-teams continual night-kills reducing the number of town players quite rapidly. Furthermore could you explain the concept you're attempting to push in Post #906, how does the number of someones posts impact on their likelihood to be mafia and if you believe it does how come you've refrained from mentioning the fact that I have far less than 20 posts overall myself, ah don't worry that's mostly addressed as it continues. LLD sums up my place style fairly well in Post #911 however I have a tendacy to be far more active than I have currently been this game, my inactivity was mostly related to univeristy exams taking place. Finally an apperance from CSL in Post #943, what are your current reads of everyone in the game (I don't want to know Vi's opinions just yours) and to what degree have you been keeping up with the game while you were unable to post. With the exception of the Gorilla discussion I agree with the rest of Post #960 by Hinduragi however I'm not understanding his reasoning behind viewing gorilla as a sub-optimal lynch, from brief inspection it looks like a 'he's too scummy to be scum' attempt at logic.

I'm unsure what to make of Gorillas soft-claim however my first instinct is it's a desperate attempt to shove attention elsewhere, I've generally seen him enjoy being a town power-role more than not. There's a lot of players that I haven't noticed or read into too much through my read which I'll need to do so very soon and would appreciate if no lynch was rushed until I got through this. With that said I'm not a particular fan of the AV wagon I believe some of his comments have been pulled out of context and misrepresented to attempt to strengthen the image of the case against him, nor am I a massive fan of the Hez-case, his actions read more as flailing-bad town than scum. I'm unsure what's caused Maguas sudden decrease of activity and influence in the game recently but I'm leaning towards it being related to real life occurances rather than his allignment. My town-read on Gamma and SDC have reduced substancially however I'm still very confident in Toog, Toasty, Mina, Ludi, Kats and now inHim being town. This is likely to move when I've got through a good second skim-read through as well as read some players ISO's however right now I'm comfortable with:

Vote: Gorilla
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:34 pm

Post by Regfan »

Apologies for this double post but while I have all the information in my head I want to belt out whatever I can, I'm likely to forget large portions of it by the time I wake up. Although I share the AV town-read to a degree with Dana I dislike Danas attempted defence over AV by shifting attention while providing minimal reasoning to explain his town-read or why to move to vote with him. I'm not a fan of both IS and Pookys 'GO AMERICA FUCK SCUMHUNTING!' attitudes however Pookys seems geninue to a degree whereas IS's seems over the top and forced which doesn't help to improve the scum-read I had on Zhero before he replaced out.

Still disliking LLD however I have a tendacy to tunnel towards her meaning I'll need to have a re-read to find out where it all stems from as I've found myself agreeing with some of her recent posts. Disliking the lack of opinions put forward from CSL in the Vi hydra, his posts seem as if they're just there to make the hydra look legitimate while Vi actually does all of the work. Feeling a little bit better about Socio than in earlier in the game however I would like him to explain his reads in a bit more detail than currently occuring.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:08 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Regfan has his ass firmly planted on the fence, and doesn't appear to be moving~
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:52 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Gorilla’s
is a big ball of scummy “Hey Target me with Rope or Nukes”!

1. Now it wasn’t reaction testing but an actual inquiry?
2. Fence-sitting on AV.
3. “Woe is me” posting - “I’m just too much of a gosh-darn slow moron to figure it out myself”
4. Soft-claim of non-nuke that is ‘Useless’. Toog has already claimed the one power that would be really useless to Town on an active basis.

@Gorilla
- if your non-Nuke power is 'useless' why did you specifically submit it on your want list in the first place?

UNVOTE: Socio
VOTE: Gorilla

As I stated yesterday too many people are willing to just let Socio-scum off. He can be a glowing crater tomorrow.

--

Pooky wrote:Please state where Dana says "hey they aren't scum" in those 2 posts I am responding to.

Aha, the nitpick game.

1. You called out dana for protecting AV-scum as his partner. Dana has clearly said AV isn’t scum. I don’t particularly care what post you referred to.
2. Answer the questions as asked instead of dodging – do you think it likely that dana would specifically as an AV scum partner do what he has done and what do you think of others calling AV Town?
3. What happened to the good old “USA” rhetoric posting style?

--

Inhim wrote:I don't get this, especially since you agreed with me about why RC was scum.

Explain to me why you're voting SP here?

I vote Socio for two reasons here.

1. He’s non-scum hunting, active lurking scum. That should be obv from his ISO.
2. More importantly I wanted to test SDC’s reaction to be asking to wagon Socio for future possible relational tells. Their response was whelming.

What does agreeing with you on RC have anything to do with Socio? Can you elaborate please?

--

Dana wrote:If you want to ask me it yourself, that's fine, but don't pretend that this issue is really just between Hez and me, because he didn't ask me anything like this.

I did ask you about it myself. And pointed out in my post where I did. I’ve hardly been pretenting it is only an Hez / you issue … in fact the whole point of addressing you is that it wasn’t a Hez / you issue since I had originally asked you to confirm.

Are you actually reading the posts you reply to?

Dana wrote:You're basically saying we should assume that Hez is Town. I understand that him being lynched/nuked relies on him being SEEN as scum. And he is SEEN as scum. Therefore he will be lynched or nuked. Let's make it lynched, please. And btw, did you read my post on the first part of his catchup? That should be more than enough to lynch him right there. But if people aren't gonna listen to what I've already said about Hez, there's no reason to say more.

No, I’m basically saying you haven’t done a sufficent job clearly showing why Hez is scum (although his latest posts are helping you out in that regard) to justify your statements.

--

AV wrote:1. Because going after the SK is a legitimate tactic right now. It IS different, and it's "scummy as hell" that you don't recognise this.
2. I've said Vi is possible white knighting me multiple times, and explained it. I also said CSL made that slot more likely scum kthx.

1. So going after scum of any sorts isn’t a legitimate tactic?
2. How did CSL make the slot more likely to have drawn a scum role-Pm, exactly?

AV wrote:I don't like it, but I don't know what to make of it because I can't see scum asking to be nuked like that.

So you don’t like it and thus agree it’s a clanger. Your original premise was that scum would latch onto something like that and push for another mislynch while keep you around as a viable mislynch. Again – what does the complete lack of significant movement towards Gorilla say to you based on that premise alone.

AV wrote:But you didn't call him scummy for it. You posed it as a question, not an accusation.

Because his reaction (or lack therof) to the question when I’d clearly already expressed that rushing the Day was scummy gives an even better read to me.

In this case the fact that he completely ignored it compounds the scumminess.

AV wrote:And you don't think his hurry to "finish what we started yesterday" contributed to that feeling of rushing?

Feeling of rushing? On your part?

Regardless of whether you felt rushed attacking me for a stance that hadn’t happened yet is scummy.

AV wrote:But they were direct negations of your previous points. I'd have liked to see what you made of the points - do you just accept that they're right, then?

I got the information I wanted from your response. Sorry you don’t like how my scum-hunting process works.

Let me ask you though – do you just accept that your Sub comments were scummy and that you made a clear Appeal to Emotion? Because

--

LLD wrote:Regfan has his ass firmly planted on the fence, and doesn't appear to be moving~

Well if Magister Ludi is to be believed Regfan will be nuked tomorrow as the clear Low Post Count winner (unless he starts spamming to save his life).

Do you think it benefits Scum who are Pre-Glowing Crater to post as Reg is?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:06 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Inhim wrote:I don't get this, especially since you agreed with me about why RC was scum.

Explain to me why you're voting SP here?

I vote Socio for two reasons here.

1. He’s non-scum hunting, active lurking scum. That should be obv from his ISO.
2. More importantly I wanted to test SDC’s reaction to be asking to wagon Socio for future possible relational tells. Their response was whelming.

What does agreeing with you on RC have anything to do with Socio? Can you elaborate please?

Doesn't have to do with SocioPath, it has to do with your choice of actions, those mainly being what I was accusing RC of yesterday.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:13 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

inHimshallibe wrote:Doesn't have to do with SocioPath, it has to do with your choice of actions, those mainly being what I was accusing RC of yesterday.

I understand your thought process.

Let me ask you ... does the way today has so far played out make you review your reads?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:27 am

Post by Magua »

My catchup post:

VOTE: AurorusVox

The end.

No, wait, I've got one more:

Magna's #1010 jumps out as me as him trying to force through repetition this idea that Magister *must* nuke Regfan tomorrow because he said he would nuke the lowest post count, and that for Magister to not do this would somehow be incredibly scummy. This strikes me as wrong on every single possible level.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:32 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

I dont care about Sociopath right now. I have other Euroscumbags to nuke first.

What exactly is the tl;dr case on AV anyways? I understand Gorilla's, but what exactly did AV do?
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:54 am

Post by Gammagooey »

@Reg-inhims is mostly gut and me thinking his isos 3 through 10 look town.
gorilla although super weird in his first few posts the ones after that all seem sincere to me- stating that he mixed things up with hez/toasty and LLD's lynch trade stuff and his comments on the AV and Hez wagons all look like they're coming from town.

As for the terrorist kill how in the hell did you miss Both of these. And I want an answer for this because you said you went over the flavor.
In the flavor post where SpyreX died-
AGM wrote:"Utah? What the hell? Those cruisers can't possibly have that kind of operational range. And what about our detection systems?"
"Details are still streaming in, but apparently a tractor trailer burst its way through security at one of our nuclear facilities, drove straight up to the primary launch pad, and then ... exploded."
"What is this, some kind of dirty trick?"
"It doesn't seem this is connected to the Atlantic incident, sir. It is likely a separate act of terrorism."
"That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. European forces cruising right outside our territorial waters in the east .. while some random terrorist takes out our nuclear response capabilities out west? Bullshit. Do we have any real leads on who might be responsible?"
"Not at this moment, sir. Investigations are obviously being launched now."

AND in the first post
AGM wrote:DEFCON 3 – Increase in force readiness above that required for normal readiness – Two weeks or until lynch.
Stuff
d) The terrorist gains the following activated ability: Terrorist attack: {Each night, you may kill target player.}

DEFCON 2 – Further increase in force readiness, but less than maximum readiness – Two weeks or until lynch.
a) The European Union gains the following factional ability: Stealth Bomber: In order to defend yourself against the Americans, your military aerospace engineers have outfitted the EU Air Force with the cutting edge in stealth technology. You are capable of conducting air strikes anywhere in the world with precise and deadly force. {Each night, you may kill target player.}
b) All other characteristics are identical to DEFCON 3.

@IS- His iso 5 suggesting we let scum have the sub and that espionage is useless if scum has counteresp is hella dumb, stretching Pooky's I'm America because ____ to be rolefishing was bad, and the biggest thing IMO is his post with hop onto the RC wagon- His stuff about the helpful counterwagon isn't bad but everything else he votes RC for is related to him in some way- It looks like he's more concerned with RC's reads and comments on him than with RC himself.
There's also some stuff other people have said with similarities to his play in Defcon 2 mafia but you'll have to ask them about that.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:15 am

The DEFCON 2.0 game was mostly a shouting match of communist scumbag FATE vs everyone (including AV), while this proud American was ferreting out all of the communist scum. Its too bad no one noticed after the scum flat out murdered me to silence me.

I think the case on AV is weak despite all of that. Its just a bunch of bullshit role speculation in the beginning of the game. Its posturing, no one is going to take him seriously and just pick whatever they want anyways.

Compare yesterday's lynch and AV's wagon today. Im sure youll find the Erotrash scum thats aligned with Vi in all of those wagons.
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:10 am

Post by ToastyToast »

AV wrote:1) Um. So what about EVERYONE ELSE that voted him before me? Let's not even mention that I had additional reasons along with my vote other than just Baa.

Did your mother ever tell you that it was wrong to point at everyone else when you yourself are at fault. "Everybody else was doing it" is not a great defense for drug attics, and its not a great defense in mafia either. You did not have a lot of reasons. I gave reasons, MoI gave reasons, all my town reads gave reasons.

AV wrote:2) I honestly still don't know why most of the people Eon the wagon are voting for me. That comment was made out of frustration with that fact.

Your frustration came off as contrived. Its a matter of opinion that I can't really prove. I think you've played mafia long enough to know exactly what you have to do if town gets on your case.

AV wrote:3) If you want to talk Meta, I can present you with a bunch of games where I've not played like this as scum. Plus, Hindu Meta'd me and disagrees with your findings. As someone who has scummed it up with me, I don't think your meta argument overpowers his.

I read your games. One difference of opinion is not enough for me to be like "loliwasjk." My review of your meta suggests that if you are town, your play is subpar. In your town games, you do more than just defend yourself, and your attacks are significantly more descriptive.

AV wrote:4) Um again. I never said "people" should be voting IS. That whole thing was in the context of GG's half-AV half-IS voting bullshit.

Your survival instinct came out here.
AV wrote:Either IS is scummier than me and you should try to get him lynched rather than half-heartedly poking in my direction and throwing a vote in his direction; or I'm scummier than him and so why are you voting IS?

Regardless of if you have a town read on IS, your question is basically asking everyone who suspects IS to get off your back if they are voting him. This makes no sense. What's wrong with suspecting two people? Why can't you and IS be scum together? Not to mention your basically telling a player what they SHOULD be doing, with an attempt to influence them in a direction away from you.

AV wrote:5) Where did I call Gorilla scum? I said quite explicitly in my last post that I didn't see it coming from scum.

Already pointed to this one.
AV wrote:Read that as: "Unlike Gorilla, I'm not useless. I should not be lynched today"
Or if you prefer; "I'm not useless, unlike Gorilla, and I should not be lynched today"
Whatever permutation of that you prefer.
[/quote][/quote]
"Unlike Gorilla, I'm not useless" is a supporting statement for your thesis "I should not be lynched today" no matter how you arrange the statement grammatically.

Thesis: I should not be lynched today
Supporting point 1: I'm not useless---irrelevant to alignment
not sufficient in proving thesis

Supporting point 2: Gammagooey's bullshit--you're allowed to suspect 2 people

Supporting point 3: This is not my meta--if you know you're meta, you can manipulate it. Also, one disagreement does not warrant a throw-away of my PoV

Supporting point 4: Idk why people are voting me--so prove them wrong? Be more town? Stop being so passive-aggressive? Get rid of your survival instinct? There's a lot you can do, even if you don't know exactly why people are voting you

Supporting point 5:Everyone else is doing it--do I even have to explain this?

In conclusion, your argument has no legs to stand on. None of these are reasons why you shouldn't be lynched. People, tell me, do any of AV's defenses sway you and say "he's town?"
In the mean time, I think I'll make some soft jabs at gorilla, because I'm allowed to have more than one suspect.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:52 am

Post by Vi »

The original intent was to put together something reasonably comprehensive, but
Hinduragi 960 wrote:CSL needs to provide reasoning. I'd like to hear from that side of the hydra rather than Vi.
Regfan 1007 wrote:Finally an apperance from CSL in Post #943, what are your current reads of everyone in the game (I don't want to know Vi's opinions just yours)
if nobody wants it, whatever.

---

Moai 868 - I'm not going to bother with Magister Ludi's plan, as you've picked it to pieces with the preconceived notion that scum actually care what one person with a nuke thinks during DEFCON 4.

I don't have time or patience to go about with a case on EVERYONE, simply enough. That's not going to change.

I don't care about SocioPath. He'll get sorted out eventually by someone who does.

---

HezLucky 975 wrote:Remember everyone tomorrow we get nukes! You can satisfy your dumb agendas then. We have scum to lynch.
This.

Speaking frankly, this slot's previous vote on AurorusVox made me do one of those deep sighs that hurt my back. With that said, I'm not at all inclined to change it, especially as every time AV says "White Knight" I reflexively want to lynch him. The only thing that makes the AurorusVox wagon unappealing is that Moai-probscum is pushing it.

The gorilla lynch is so stupid it's unbelievable, started with transparently bad reasons and pushed by scum. The entire runaround for SK-lynching is scummy on principle and the people who are talking about preferring one kind of lynch over the other should be unlifed accordingly.

The attacks on SocioPath are groundless and (bluntly) retarded, as well as pushed by scum.

HezLucky is still Town and has been for a while. I think Toasty is Town too.

Gammgooey lost an armful of Town credit for talking out of both sides of his mouth re: the AurorusVox lynch. You've acknowledged at length that there's no reason not to vote him and your preferred lynch is a long shot; why are you avoiding the wagon?

Swift Justice dropped right off the radar; everything else is about the same as it was before.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Revenge of Wei
Revenge of Wei
Townie
Revenge of Wei
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:53 am

Post by Revenge of Wei »

The original intent was to put together something reasonably comprehensive, but
Hinduragi 960 wrote:CSL needs to provide reasoning. I'd like to hear from that side of the hydra rather than Vi.
Regfan 1007 wrote:Finally an apperance from CSL in Post #943, what are your current reads of everyone in the game (I don't want to know Vi's opinions just yours)
if nobody wants it, whatever.

---

Moai 868 - I'm not going to bother with Magister Ludi's plan, as you've picked it to pieces with the preconceived notion that scum actually care what one person with a nuke thinks during DEFCON 4.

I don't have time or patience to go about with a case on EVERYONE, simply enough. That's not going to change.

I don't care about SocioPath. He'll get sorted out eventually by someone who does.

---

HezLucky 975 wrote:Remember everyone tomorrow we get nukes! You can satisfy your dumb agendas then. We have scum to lynch.
This.

Speaking frankly, this slot's previous vote on AurorusVox made me do one of those deep sighs that hurt my back. With that said, I'm not at all inclined to change it, especially as every time AV says "White Knight" I reflexively want to lynch him. The only thing that makes the AurorusVox wagon unappealing is that Moai-probscum is pushing it.

The gorilla lynch is so stupid it's unbelievable, started with transparently bad reasons and pushed by scum. The entire runaround for SK-lynching is scummy on principle and the people who are talking about preferring one kind of lynch over the other should be unlifed accordingly.

The attacks on SocioPath are groundless and (bluntly) retarded, as well as pushed by scum.

HezLucky is still Town and has been for a while. I think Toasty is Town too.

Gammgooey lost an armful of Town credit for talking out of both sides of his mouth re: the AurorusVox lynch. You've acknowledged at length that there's no reason not to vote him and your preferred lynch is a long shot; why are you avoiding the wagon?

Swift Justice dropped right off the radar; everything else is about the same as it was before.
We're back, and this time, it will be US who will conquer YOU!
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:55 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Awesome, I've had enough of CSL.

Can we have Vi back?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:04 am

Im nuking them tomorrow anyways. Their only hope is for the scum to kill me tonight.
Show

Revenge of Wei
Revenge of Wei
Townie
Revenge of Wei
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:19 am

Post by Revenge of Wei »

Internet Stranger 1021 wrote:Im nuking them tomorrow anyways. Their only hope is for the scum to kill me tonight.
Somehow I doubt that will happen.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:26 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Vi wrote:why are you avoiding the wagon?

Gammagooey wrote:@AV-
AV wrote:
Everyone can get here and say a few things
, AV can claim, and AV can die. I'd also go for a few other lynches (IS in particular I'd like dead more, dana I'd be okay with dying too) but the difference between them and AV isn't strong enough to ignore the amount of likely town that think AV is scum.

Mina and Regfan still haven't shown up. I like words, and if I vote you now then Pooky will probably just powerhammer you.

Gammagooey wrote:I will do it once Mina and Regfan word it up a notch.

L-4 is probably isn't ACTUALLY far enough away for it to matter with this many people but on the very off-chance that 7 other people that hadn't voted yet wanted to vote IS then I'd rather him be the dead. L-2 with this many people basically means it's a done deal and my IS-vote gets to be a placeholder that irritates you until other people show up.

It's ALMOST like I'm waiting for something to happen before voting.
I'm not voting AV until Mina gets here so if she has a big case or a bunch of suspicions or maybe even a cop result on someone that we should kill instead she can actually godamn say it instead of waiting through another night.
Revenge of Wei
Revenge of Wei
Townie
Revenge of Wei
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:49 am

Post by Revenge of Wei »

Gammagooey 1023 wrote:I'm not voting AV until Mina gets here so if she has a big case or a bunch of suspicions or maybe even a cop result on someone that we should kill instead she can actually godamn say it instead of waiting through another night.
1) lol, Mina
2) Why are you putting so much faith in what Mina has to say? Are you expecting her to single-handedly derail the AV wagon?
3) You already said there's nothing to fear by voting at this point, so etc.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”