NY136: The Death of ReaperCharlie (GAME OVER, Town win!)

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:19 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Yos wrote:If you really want an answer to that question, then, uh, if someone is town and does something really, really scummy like rolefishing, then yes, pointing out that they did something really really scummy is a good way to get them lynched. It's also a good way to scumhunt or to try to figure out their alignment.

So if Meran flips Town you are in agreement that at least 1 scum is likely found in that subset of players?

No. That line of Meran's also bothered me, and I'm not surprised it's bothered other people.

Irrespective of Meran's alignment, I don't have a problem with people questioning him or attacking him about that line. Could scum make that argument if they wanted to push the Meran wagon, if Meran is town? Yeah, they could, but I'd also expect to see pro-town people making that argument as well, so the whole thing is pretty null.

I’ll have to review Victorian Vampire Mafia to see if you were so conservative with your vote Day 1 there.

Eh. I'm generally not. It's just that none of the active people seem especially scummy to me, and there isn't anyone I could really call a lurker 72 hours into the game, so I'm kind of at a loss to where to start. I'll hopefully find a good place to put my vote soon.

Yos wrote:I'm considering sheeping PJ onto Meren; only problem is that, other then the role fishing thing (with I really want an explanation from Meren about), I don't think the rest of Meren's posting is bad.

Hmmm why would you sheep PJ? Is it past history?

Yeah, pretty much. IMHO, PJ is one of the top 5 mafia players of all time, and one of the best scumhunters on the site. And, as you pointed out, I'm not voting anyone right now; I don't really like my vote not doing anything, I like putting it to work.

Yos wrote:I've also got a weird gut feeling about you, mostly because of your attacks on the neighbors. If all 3 neighbors are, in fact, town, then posts like this:

Let’s circle back … aside from your reads (and you have specifically said you have solid scum reads) why are you assuming the 3 neighbors are Town? You are doing the exact same thing (making a relational observation that is dependant on unknown information) that I did with Meran’s wagon above that you state is really weird.

That's really not the same thing. In the case of Meran, I'm at the point of thinking "was he rolefishing? Was that a scum gambit on his part?" and you seem to have completely skipped that step and gone right to "who is trying to mislynch him for rolefishing?" That's the thing that feels odd to me.

With the neighbors, the reason I added that line is is because of course if one of them is scum, then attacking the neighbors like that can't be a scum tell. Nonetheless, if they are town, then scum would LOVE to subtly plant the idea "Hey, one of them has to be scum, so let's keep lynching them until we find the scum!" I mean...chaining 3 mislynches in a row like that would put the town pretty far in the hole, don't you think?

To use your phrasing from before, if the neighbors are town, would you agree with me that at least one of the people pushing the "one of the neighbors is scum, let's lynch neighbors" line of reasoning is probably scum?

If it isn’t ok for me to make said relational observations that may be useful later why is it ok for you to do so?

Relational observations are fine. Like I said, though, I don't think yours about Meran is valid, and beyond that, I don't really understand why you're already thinking in terms of "who are the scum trying to mislynch him" when we don't know his alignment and he's only at 4 votes.

Yos wrote:I'm also a little weirded out by how hard you were riding the DH thing.

So it doesn’t strike you as odd at all that DH made the same mistake Kondi did the first time he drew a Neighbor role PM yet it didn’t even cross his mind to question Kondi about his QT post pre-game or look at Kondi’s history as opposed to just voting him right out of the gate?

No, not really. I don't think most people would have jumped to the conclusion that Kondi misunderstood the neighbor role just based on that one post of his, even if they've made that same mistake before.

Yos wrote:1. Do you really think Sensfan is scum for trying to use pressure to change Hydra's behavior in a way he thought was more pro-town? Or do you not think that's what sensfan was trying to do? I don't really get your attack here.

I think he’s scum for the manner in which he is crafting said attack. He’s pre-concluding on scummy behavior that has yet to officially happen as support for his “I’m not moving my vote” statement.

Furthermore focused solely on driving said “Pro-Town” behavior as opposed to scum-hunting. If Hydra behaves scummy (via showing Cognitive Dissonance, which is the thrust of Sens suspicion) then they are scummy for it regardless of whether posts are signed or not. The post signing element is a pointless procedure that doesn’t add ‘Towniness’ to Hydra, IMO.

Eh. Once you start pressuring someone to change their behavior, it usually involves a vote and a lot of bluster. Lines like "I'm not moving my vote until you do" (insert behavior here) are pretty common, as are threats, demands, picking at minor points, and generally a lot of yelling.

I, personally, don't think that the "signing the name" thing is a big deal, but I think that Sensfan DOES honestly believe that it is, and I don't really see a lot of scum motivation behind the hydra vote.

That being said, I'd like to hear more from Sensfan about who he actually thinks is scummy.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:38 am

Post by Iecerint »

I'm headed to the lake today, where there is literally limited access. But I'll still try to post at least once per day or so.

Then I leave for China Monday, which will be an adventure.

Boards being over is fun. <3
Hydra
Hydra
Goon
Hydra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:55 am

Post by Hydra »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Meransiel wagon to date that germinated solely based on the role-fishing accusation
– Shanba, DH, Kondi, Hydra, Petro

I specifically called out why I got on Meran - it's not role-fishing.

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
@Hydra
– if you don’t see the brilliant scum motivation for Meran’s role-fishing why did you vote for him (other than him being a great competing wagon)?

As discussed - in my opinion he was using logic unavailable to him without an inside track on the QT.

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Hydra wrote:In other news, AGM remains scummier than Sens Fan - other people don't seem to notice.

Please elaborate on why you believe this. Because looking at Sensfan’s ISO I see the following –

Hopping on Kondi wagon with no thought involved (assuming it was a policy lynch)
Pushing scumtastically stupid reasoning to vote Hydra.
Defense of said stupid reasoning in scummy manner.

I don’t see any semblance of scum-hunting. I also don’t see much in the way of opinions (other than that he himself isn’t scummy).

He's putting himself out too far on an idiot scumtell drive. Really, he picked up the ball from AGM, and then he ran with it - okay, maybe scummy.
However, while some other players (Ythan, Parama, maybe someone else) sorta picked up on it, most of them dropped it at the wayside pretty quickly.
Then some other players actually came in and said (in as many words) "This is stupid, is null...heck, you're scummy for still pushing it"
What is Sens doing? He's *still* pushing it. Yeah, it's silly, yeah, it's terrible, but he clearly and honestly believes he's right.

What has AGM done after starting this whole kerfluffle?

Absou-frickin'-lutely nothing. He hasn't even commented on it since his initial pop. He's doing other stuff and acting like he's not even a part of it.
Totally scum who is totally happy with the explosion he started.
Sens is mislead tunnel town.

@Mer
- so the "townslip" is him not admitting he is in a scum QT right now? Yeah...

Could you explain how that works with this post? It's not till after this post that Parama verifies that kondi thought they were confirmed, and you don't appear to be suggesting that what kondi "suggested" (not being in a non confirmed QT) is what he was talking about. In other words - I feel you're shifting your story here.

What am I missing?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:20 am

Post by Iecerint »

Yay! I'm all caught up:
Final Catch-UpI think DH is probably the Neighbor-scum, if there is one (not sure there is if RC co-modded the set-up -- I would assume a scum if Amrun had done it herself). That vote for Hydra is horrible. There is literally no case on Hydra.

WHAT WHY THE HELL DOES HYDRA THINK KONDI IS SCUM IN 129 WHAT.

PBuG's attack on the early kondi wagon is weird to me. For example, as I read, I assumed there was some kind of secret lynch-linked ability, and that that was the basis of all the votes. PBuG interpreted the wagon differently than I did.

I probably have the strongest town read on Meransiel soooooo ye. I actually had the same "PR status could help evaluate whether there are scumz" thought that he did, though I would never have actually asked about it. The neighborhood themselves should probably include this in the equation as they determine whether 3-town or 2-town is more plausible, though.

It's true that he's not really much like SE:Outsiders now, though.

Clarifying townslips is pro-town; it is not scummy. Hydra is now weird twice.

Saporovirus's entry underwhelms. I MUSTERED UP THE ENERGY AFTER BOARDS, WOMYN! WERK! Why do you think AGM is town, though?

OOK nevermind, you already answered that. Though this doesn't really answer what made you mistaken. Didn't read carefully...?

I don't think Meransiel has been subtle at all, so I disagree with PJ's "MERANSIEL IS SCUM WHO SNEAKS" idea. Hell, just a few posts ago Hydra was like MERANSIEL IS SO UNSUBTLE THAT PERHAPS SCUM COULD NOT DO THIS?

PJ's question re: DH/Parama ("Why didn't you clarify before agreeing to lynch your neighbor?") is an obvious one that hadn't occurred to me tbh.

MoI is town unless Meransiel is scum.

I think people are ignoring two big points about the rolefishing: a) context and b) subtlety. The former was pro-town and the latter was anti-scum IMO.

So that is that!

I want Hrezs to post more. :( He made such a big impression on me and this is all he posted:
Hrezs wrote:
Meransiel wrote:I am talking about #16 btw.

Also, people, stop crowding pages with this hydra shit, it's useless. Just vote the effer or don't vote the effer.

Squelching discussion?

Vote Mersansiel

Hydra should definately sign its posts. The 'I don't feel like it' attitude needs to go.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:25 am

Post by Iecerint »

In fact

VOTE: Hrezs

Am not feeling any of the popular wagons. I think Meransiel is town. Am not sure enough about 1 scum in the Neighborhood.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:06 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Hydra wrote:
Then some other players actually came in and said (in as many words) "This is stupid, is null...heck, you're scummy for still pushing it"
What is Sens doing? He's *still* pushing it. Yeah, it's silly, yeah, it's terrible, but he clearly and honestly believes he's right.
Sens is mislead tunnel town.

This defense of Sens, from the guy who Sens has been tunneled on all game, really gives me warm and fuzzy and townie vibes about Hydra.

I like the attack against AGM as well. Also, AGM is another one who's trying to chain lynches based on the "1 neighbor is scum" theory, more blatantly then MagnaofIllusion is, and yet he's still voting for Hydra at the same time.

You know, I think I've found a place to put my vote.

Vote:AlmasterGM
saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:10 am

Post by saporovirus »

Iecerint wrote:I'm headed to the lake today, where there is literally limited access. But I'll still try to post at least once per day or so.

Then I leave for China Monday, which will be an adventure.

Boards being over is fun. <3

Question: will China view Mafia Scum as a dirty website?
but I love you still

unsanitary999: african earl grey more like a freakin' pearl gay
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:24 am

Post by Meransiel »

Ok. Let us fucking recap.

Yosarian wrote:If you really want an answer to that question, then, uh, if someone is town and does something really, really scummy like rolefishing, then yes, pointing out that they did something really really scummy is a good way to get them lynched. It's also a good way to scumhunt or to try to figure out their alignment.

You don't have to fucking kill somebody to see their alignment.

Yosarian wrote:(with I really want an explanation from Meren about)

Your attention span amazes me.

Yosarian wrote:I don't think the rest of Meren's posting is bad

What is bad about my request? I see why it is scummy, I called it risky even before stating it, but why is it ANTITOWN. So far you attacked me, not my argument.

Yosarian wrote:I also don't agree with you that Sensfan trying to pressure Hydra into acting in a way that Sensfan seems to honestly think is more pro-town is a scumtell on Sensfan's part; early on day 1, trying to pressure someone into acting in a more pro-town way is often a good idea.

It's both a scumtell and a towntell. On one hand, he's being consistent with his PoV and demanding something that's not completely unreasonable. On the other, he's doing something that is easy, keeping up with it, not having to contribute on anything else. Hence, it's too fucking hard to read to be certain of reading it correctly. And so is Thor's obfuscating. So, cutting the crap would've been the most pro-town and pro-sanity thing, and I still don't think that's something worth giving a damn about.

And that's what I was trying to explain before Ythan came in and slapped me in the face with my inferiority.

MoI wrote:much from bad / stupid Town than from scum

Why am I bad/stupid Town? What the hell?

MoI wrote:So if Meran flips Town you are in agreement that at least 1 scum is likely found in that subset of players?

This. Now THIS is blatant chaining lynches. And I'm saying this because I KNOW someone like MoI is not going to get lynched early: If everyone in the neighborhood turns out to be town, this guy must die.

MoI wrote:If it isn’t ok for me to make said relational observations that may be useful later why is it ok for you to do so?

Because you are setting someone as town for now and some other 3 people as scum for later. While he's setting someone as scum and some other 3 people as town. Motivation motivation MOTIVATION.

Sens wrote:If they don't sign their posts or talk to each other before making their posts (and right now, they're not doing either), then they are going to objectively look by far scummier than anyone else by D3 or so. Instead of letting them point this out on D3 and give themselves an excuse for looking immensely scummy, I want them to fix this problem, so that if they look scummy it's because they're Scum, not because they're different people.

Nulltell WIFOM. HOW'S THAT FOR DISCUSSION, YTHAN.

Yosarian wrote:Eh. I'm generally not. It's just that none of the active people seem especially scummy to me, and there isn't anyone I could really call a lurker 72 hours into the game, so I'm kind of at a loss to where to start. I'll hopefully find a good place to put my vote soon.

This is a normal town behavior. Whether I agree with it (I don't) or not.

Yosarian wrote:That's really not the same thing. In the case of Meran, I'm at the point of thinking "was he rolefishing? Was that a scum gambit on his part?" and you seem to have completely skipped that step and gone right to "who is trying to mislynch him for rolefishing?" That's the thing that feels odd to me.

Your logic is astonishing. So I'M scummy because MOI doesn't think I'm scummy. Lol.

Hydra wrote:As discussed - in my opinion he was using logic unavailable to him without an inside track on the QT.

Ok. Let's say I was using logic unavailable to me without an inside track on the QT. That would make me scum. Except you DON'T know if scum have daytalk. Probably not.

Hydra wrote:What has AGM done after starting this whole kerfluffle?

Absou-frickin'-lutely nothing.

This is...a pretty decent argument. Brilliant even. I wouldn't expect this from bussing scum.

Hydra wrote:@Mer - so the "townslip" is him not admitting he is in a scum QT right now? Yeah...

...what? I don't understand this.

Ok, think I have to explain again. His first response here looked as if it can only come from town. That thing where he explained shiz. I do not see what's inconsistent about my point of view, and it IS shared by others.

Iecer wrote:I actually had the same "PR status could help evaluate whether there are scumz" thought that he did, though I would never have actually asked about it.

I REALLY don't like this post. Overcautious.

Iecer wrote:MoI is town unless Meransiel is scum.

I REALLY don't like this post. Argumentative. Also not really based on fact.

Iecer wrote:Am not feeling any of the popular wagons. I think Meransiel is town. Am not sure enough about 1 scum in the Neighborhood.

I REALLY don't like this post. Towncred.

My final opinion:

Yosarian2 is a strongly misguided townie. Thor is a gritty null. By the way, Thor, you still didn't tell me why you don't have a problem with the people voting me just for the rolefish. MoI and Iecerint are scum.

Vote: MoI

And I am still annoyed that the neighborhood roleclaim had no results. I really think it's a decent idea.

Fixed some quote tags.

-Amrun
Last edited by Amrun on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:25 am

Post by Meransiel »

@Mod: I know this will be quite a task, but can you pleasy please fix the quote tags up there? kthanx
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:28 am

Post by Meransiel »

Also, for people who don't know how to read:

Thor and AGM can't be both scum at the same time.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:41 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Meransiel wrote:You don't have to fucking kill somebody to see their alignment.

Not at all what I was saying. Attacking someone/questioning them/ pressuring them/ect. about a scummy action and seeing how they respond is one of the best ways to find out someone's alignment

Your attention span amazes me.

Yes, I saw that. That's not really an explanation, though. Why would one of them being a power role mean that another one had to be scum?

Just as one hypothetical example, I could easily see a mod, say, giving one member of a neighborhood a vig kill, making the other two town, and then sitting back and laughing as the vig kills his two neighbors out of paranoia and mod WIFOM.

Anyway, I just don't see why you made that assumption in the first place.

Yosarian wrote:I don't think the rest of Meren's posting is bad

What is bad about my request? I see why it is scummy, I called it risky even before stating it, but why is it ANTITOWN. So far you attacked me, not my argument.

Um, because if anyone answered that question, in any way, it hurts the town and helps the scum. The town doesn't want the scum to know who has a power role and who doesn't, because that way, the scum doesn't know who to kill. That's the whole reason that scum rolefish, and the reason that town don't. I didn't think I had to say that, it seemed too obvious.

Yosarian wrote:That's really not the same thing. In the case of Meran, I'm at the point of thinking "was he rolefishing? Was that a scum gambit on his part?" and you seem to have completely skipped that step and gone right to "who is trying to mislynch him for rolefishing?" That's the thing that feels odd to me.

Your logic is astonishing. So I'M scummy because MOI doesn't think I'm scummy. Lol.

hmm? How did you get that from that post? I didn't say anything like that at all; that post doesn't have anything to do with your alignment, only with MoI's.

In fact, when I was attacking MoI for seeming to jump right to the conclusion that you were town and then attacking people for "trying to mislynch you", what I was wondering was if MoI is scum who already knows you're town from his role PM.

And I am still annoyed that the neighborhood roleclaim had no results. I really think it's a decent idea.

I still think it's a really bad idea to get the neighbors to claim if they have any power roles or not. All it does is make things easier for the scum to know who to kill (and/or roleblock, if the scum have roleblockers). Make a case against one of them, or don't, but there's no need for any of them to claim any more then they already had at this point.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:43 am

Post by Meransiel »

yos wrote:Not at all what I was saying. Attacking someone/questioning them/ pressuring them/ect. about a scummy action and seeing how they respond is one of the best ways to find out someone's alignment

Again, stop generalizing. You are not getting anything new from me on that particular subject. Not because I don't want to give anything new, but because I can't. I made my statement. Live with it or don't live with it. But don't expect any hidden layers of undisclosed logic.

Yes, I saw that. That's not really an explanation, though. Why would one of them being a power role mean that another one had to be scum?

Just as one hypothetical example, I could easily see a mod, say, giving one member of a neighborhood a vig kill, making the other two town, and then sitting back and laughing as the vig kills his two neighbors out of paranoia and mod WIFOM.

Because a PR sharing all his results with a full-town neighborhood at night just in case he would be dying the night he does it is VERY broken. VERY. I know that works only for investigative roles, protective roles and roleblockers, but...whait, no buts, that's almost all of them!

yos wrote:
hmm? How did you get that from that post? I didn't say anything like that at all; that post doesn't have anything to do with your alignment, only with MoI's.

In fact, when I was attacking MoI for seeming to jump right to the conclusion that you were town and then attacking people for "trying to mislynch you", what I was wondering was if MoI is scum who already knows you're town from his role PM.

Oh. Misunderstood.
So you think my alignment must be different from MoI's?

Yos wrote:I still think it's a really bad idea to get the neighbors to claim if they have any power roles or not. All it does is make things easier for the scum to know who to kill (and/or roleblock, if the scum have roleblockers)

Nope.

1. First and foremost, it is more beneficial for scum, at least in Larges, to protect themselves than kill PR. So if we see those PR's not dying, it means either

a. Scum is in the neighborhood and the mafia is trying to hide who said scum actually is by letting the number of neighbors high, for mislynches.

or

b. Said PR's have a higher chance of being scum.

2. A is pretty high probability any way you put it. B is easily verifiable with other night roles.

And finally, would they all claim VT NOTHING CHANGES.

yos wrote:Make a case against one of them, or don't,

That's not the point here. Why, for fuck's sake, should scum be let free from scrutiny just because there's no
non-game specific
reason they're scummy, or because they're not giving off scumslips? I am not forced to scumhunt on behavior alone, and sometimes suspicion does not come from the player's mindset itself, but his
slot

Also, why make cases against them, if I DON'T intend them to get lynched until at least 1 night has passed (which my suggestion clearly implies)? It's aberrant.

Fixed some quote tags.

-Amrun
Last edited by Amrun on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:08 am

Post by saporovirus »

I am pretty not happy with everyone who got involved in the Hydra nonsense. I don’t think it yielded any information other than that Thor is going to be a little prickly. DH and Parama both put their vote on the Hydra after kondi explained his silly mistake- was that for lack of a better candidate at that point? I mean, I don’t really get it. I especially don't like how Parama just said it was because Hydra was a shitty poster. I'm going to have to look at that again though.

Also strange, imo, is DH’s speculation about 3-person town. And this:

DemonHybrid wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Meransiel

Not only has he been scummy, but if he flips scum, the 3 of us neighbors can rest easy knowing that we're near-confirmed town.

Yes, Meransiel wants to figure out the mystery of the neighborhood. THEREFORE HE MUST BE BAD SCUM TRYING TO GET US. WHICH MEANS WE ARE ALL GOOD BOYS. It is one thing to want to figure out your neighbors alignment, it's another to shut down anyone else who tries to get at it.

Meransiel: asking for PRs at this point is pretty bad, imo. I seriously don’t think we’re going to be able to crack the puzzle of the neighborhood today. IT IS A MYSTERY.

Meransiel wrote:
MoI wrote:So if Meran flips Town you are in agreement that at least 1 scum is likely found in that subset of players?

This. Now THIS is blatant chaining lynches. And I'm saying this because I KNOW someone like MoI is not going to get lynched early: If everyone in the neighborhood turns out to be town, this guy must die.

I’m pretty sure he means the people who voted for you based on the PR-fishing.

Meransiel wrote:
Hydra wrote:As discussed - in my opinion he was using logic unavailable to him without an inside track on the QT.

Ok. Let's say I was using logic unavailable to me without an inside track on the QT. That would make me scum. Except you DON'T know if scum have daytalk. Probably not.

I think the idea is that you somehow made a “kondi is town s/p I have outside knowledge of this fact” slip. But that argument makes no sense to me. I don’t the Meransiel wagon is a good one, because it is good to use logic to figure out puzzles and I don't think his PR-fishing was scummy PR-fishing. I have a better one!

VOTE: Demon Hybrid
but I love you still

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:20 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Meransiel wrote:
Again, stop generalizing. You are not getting anything new from me on that particular subject. Not because I don't want to give anything new, but because I can't. I made my statement. Live with it or don't live with it. But don't expect any hidden layers of undisclosed logic.

Who said anything about "hidden layers of undisclosed logic"? You are responding, and that's how we can get a read on you. If someone is under zero pressure and nothing they do is questioned or attacked, it's usually a lot harder to tell what their alignment is.

Because a PR sharing all his results with a full-town neighborhood at night just in case he would be dying the night he does it is VERY broken. VERY. I know that works only for investigative roles, protective roles and roleblockers, but...whait, no buts, that's almost all of them!

Um...yes, a cop with neighbors would be crazy strong. That's true if he's in an "all town" neighborhood or not, though; a cop with neighbors would likely investigate them first, and then if one is scum, communicate all his results with whichever one is town.

Oh. Misunderstood.
So you think my alignment must be different from MoI's?

I wouldn't say "must" about almost anything at this point. More that was one hypothesis to explain the rather odd way he seemed to just assume you were town. Nothing solid, but I was hoping he could explain why he seemed to be assuming you were town. I still am, in fact.

Nope.

1. First and foremost, it is more beneficial for scum, at least in Larges, to protect themselves than kill PR. So if we see those PR's not dying, it means either

a. Scum is in the neighborhood and the mafia is trying to hide who said scum actually is by letting the number of neighbors high, for mislynches.

or

b. Said PR's have a higher chance of being scum.

Eh. Possibly, although there's a lot of WIFOM involved. The idea, though, of "let's just have the power roles claim so we get a little bit of dubious WIFOM data from the scum killing the outed power role" seems unwise at best.

And finally, would they all claim VT NOTHING CHANGES.

You kidding? That's a HUGE change that would badly hurt the town. Every VT that's outed dramatically increases the odds of the scum killing the real power roles. (And, no, I don't consider a neighbor with no other power to be a "power role.")

yos wrote:Make a case against one of them, or don't,

That's not the point here. Why, for fuck's sake, should scum be let free from scrutiny just because there's no
non-game specific
reason they're scummy, or because they're not giving off scumslips? I am not forced to scumhunt on behavior alone, and sometimes suspicion does not come from the player's mindset itself, but his
slot

That can be part of your case, if you want. I never said you can't use information about roles or claims or whatever as part of a case. If you think that we should lynch one of the neighbors today, say so, and say why. If enough people agree with you that it looks like he might get lynched, THEN he can claim. There's no reason for him to do so before that point.

Also, why make cases against them, if I DON'T intend them to get lynched until at least 1 night has passed (which my suggestion clearly implies)? It's aberrant.

If you don't intend to get them lynched today, then it's a REALLY bad idea to try to get them to fullclaim today.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:17 pm

Post by Amrun »

VC1.3

(1) DemonHybrid - saporovirus
(0) Ythan
(0) Snow White
(0) Iecerint
(0) saporovirus
(0) Parama
(1) AlmasterGM - Yosarian2
(1) Hrezs - Iecerint
(0) PBuG
(6) Meransiel - Hrezs, Shanba, DemonHybrid, kondi2424, Hydra, petroleumjelly
(0) MrBuddyLee
(1) petroleumjelly - MrBuddyLee
(0) Yosarian2
(0) Shanba
(1) SensFan - MagnaofIllusion
(4) Hydra - AlmasterGM, SensFan, Ythan, Parama
(1) MagnaofIllusion - Meransiel
(0) Kondi2424

Not Voting: Snow White, PBuG

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch.

Spoiler: Vote History
DemonHybrid - kondi > Hydra > Meransiel
Ythan - Hydra
Snow White
Iecerint - Hrezs
saporovirus - DemonHybrid
Parama - kondi > Hydra
AlmasterGM - Hydra
Hrezs - Meransiel
PBuG
Meransiel - Parama > unvote > MoI
MrBuddyLee - petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly - Shanba > Meransiel
Yosarian2 - Shanba > unvote > AlmasterGM
Shanba - SensFan > Meransiel
SensFan - kondi > Hydra
Hydra - kondi > Meransiel
MagnaofIllusion - SensFan
Kondi2424 - Meransiel

If there are any mistakes, please let me know.

Note to all: Please preview your posts. When assigning names to quotes, quotation marks must go around, them, like the following without spaces: [ quote = " Player " ] [ / quote]
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:22 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

sapo, trying to make sense of the neighborhood and
asking for PRs
are two completely different ballgames.

MoI:

where has Meran been scummy other than the rolefishing (referencing your post at 148)?

His early game unwillingness to discuss Hydra. His RVS (or what I assume) on Parama, then backing off without any real scum suspects when the game was in full speed suspicion mode. Also, his unwillingness to join the kondi (or, rather, ANY other wagon) to scumhunt or pressure. Stays quiet until kondi townslips. Asks some hollow questions to Parama and I.

He has a trend of picking up an argument for a post or two, then putting it down and forgetting it forever. He asks questions in which he never uses the information. It just seems too spaced out and hollow.

What other possible motivation would he have to offer himself as lynchbait to confirm you as Neighbors other than the fact that he thought it was meaningful to the game (aka it confirmed your alignment)?

I don't know. I do know that there's very weird motivation that he would agree to a lynch when he thought we were all confirmed. Why would masons want to lynch one of the masonhood? They wouldn't, so it rang as very strange. There DEFINITELY wasn't any town motivation behind that post; the scum motivation was "Let me agree to this lynch and hopefully these guys will accept me", with no notification that he thought we were all confirmed. No questioning of "Hey, if we're confirmed, then why do you guys want to lynch me?"

It was just strange. So I found it suspect.

Who has said Kondi was being dumb? Your personal experience seems to indicate it was a reasonable mistake from someone fairly new to the site to make. No-ones accused you of being a VI.

Well, it's explicitly stated in my PM, at least, that the alignments aren't confirmed. In Soraville, it wasn't. So, I think it's a dumb mistake to make. It's still a dumb mistake, even for me in my first game, because I didn't do the research, but I digress.

If you’ve been ‘iffy’ on Hydra as scum (which the use of the word still implies) why didn’t you ISO him before hopping on his wagon?

I'm iffy on his towniness. His RVS votes have a kind of dissonance to them. Voting kondi, but suspecting Almaster and yosarian (the latter with no reasoning whatsoever) kind of rang as awful to me. He's done nothing but defend himself and do things that lack town motivation; he doesn't scumhunt. He's stubborn with requests. He just got off to a bad start and hasn't done anything to improve.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:26 pm

Post by Amrun »

Oh, also: someone asked me if they could use the "vote history" thing in his/her own games. The answer is yes, of course. Is it helpful? Is there any other method of vote counting that anyone wants included in the VCs?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:27 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

I don't know. I do know that there's very weird motivation that he would agree to a lynch when he thought we were all confirmed. Why would masons want to lynch one of the masonhood? They wouldn't, so it rang as very strange. There DEFINITELY wasn't any town motivation behind that post; the scum motivation was "Let me agree to this lynch and hopefully these guys will accept me", with no notification that he thought we were all confirmed. No questioning of "Hey, if we're confirmed, then why do you guys want to lynch me?"

It was just strange. So I found it suspect.

Let me delve a little deeper into this.

Imagine you're a town neighbor. You walk into the QT. You say "I'm going to lynch you, Neighbor #2" and he responds with "Hey, you guys are cool! By the way, it's cool if you lynch me, just do it later so I can confirm you."

Your initial thoughts:

1. "Confirm me as what?"
2. "Does he think he's a mason? If so, why is he okay with his lynch, and why doesn't he suspect us?"
3. "Confirm me as a neighbor? He's scum trying to fit in (and he knows what Neighbors are)."

2 didn't make that much sense. So, I went with 3. I didn't even think of 1; I thought he was talking about confirming us as neighbors, which didn't make much sense.

Preview edit: I did, Amrun. I just think it's cool.

You want this one.
saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:32 pm

Post by saporovirus »

DemonHybrid wrote:
Let me delve a little deeper into this.

Imagine you're a town neighbor. You walk into the QT. You say "I'm going to lynch you, Neighbor #2" and he responds with "Hey, you guys are cool! By the way, it's cool if you lynch me, just do it later so I can confirm you."

Your initial thoughts:

1. "Confirm me as what?"
2. "Does he think he's a mason? If so, why is he okay with his lynch, and why doesn't he suspect us?"
3. "Confirm me as a neighbor? He's scum trying to fit in (and he knows what Neighbors are)."

2 didn't make that much sense. So, I went with 3. I didn't even think of 1; I thought he was talking about confirming us as neighbors, which didn't make much sense.

BUT YOU SAID YOU MADE THE SAME MISTAKE WHEN YOU WERE A BABY.

IF YOU HAD THAT THOUGHT AT ALL WHY WOULD YOU THINK IT MADE NO SENSE WHEN YOU HAVE MADE THE SAME MISTAKE?

WHY WOULDN'T YOU ASK HIM TO CLARIFY?

demonwagongogogo
but I love you still

DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Well, it's explicitly stated in my PM, at least, that the alignments aren't confirmed.

a herpaderp

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:35 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

In Soraville, it wasn't. So, I think it's a dumb mistake to make.

a herpaderpa doo.

You want this one.
Hrezs
Hrezs
Goon
Hrezs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:53 pm

Post by Hrezs »

i'm not 100% caught up (have to read the end of page 7/page 8 quote war)
hopefully will have time tomorrow

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
What Pro-Town discussion do you feel Meran is squelching?

I would say it's pro-town for the Hydra to sign its posts. Also any discussion > no discussion.

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
That’s a dodge of the issue at hand. You are SPECIFICALLY labelling the Hydra as actively scummy for theoretical disagreements that you have yet to see actually happen. That’s at best Anti-Town.

At the very least, not signing your name is anti-town. Especially when requested that you do so.
But that's the last you'll hear from me about it.

About the neighborhood- The 'one or the other must be scum' is horrible. I've literally seen towns drive themselves into the ground using it. It's a coinflip if there is scum in the neighborhood imo. We should judge them based on their play normally without the whole confirmation bias aspect of it.

That said, I agree DH 'I did this as town then voted the guy thinking he's scum' stance is scummy.

DemonHybrid wrote:
What?

Kondi never expressed the fact that he thought we were
alignment
confirmed UNTIL his first post in the thread on page 4. His first and only post at the time until page 4 in the QT was "Best neighbors ever! Oh, and don't lynch me till later, I want to be able to confirm you guys in the future when it's critical".

He never stated whether he wanted to confirm us as neighbors or as town. Both of us thought he wanted to confirm us as neighbors.

How else would he confirm you then? Confirming you guys as neighbors does nothing for the town.

Hydra wrote:
If I believed one of them had to be scum - yeah, a pool of 33% scum with chance to clear 33-66% as town looks like prime hunting to me.
I don't know if I actually buy into that

I don't like the indecisiveness here. You either think that there's scum in the neighborhood, or you think that they might all be town.

AlmasterGM wrote:
Well, yeah - but it's a good thing, not bad. I'd gladly trade 1 town for 1 scum - and that's the worst case odds, since it assumes we lynch the town player first and not the scum player (if we lynch the scum player first, then we're just done).

Worst case is they're both town. Don't like this post, could very well be scum setting up 2 town lynches.

Meransiel wrote:Not in the slightest.

If 1 or 2 of you are PR, you clearly can't be all town, so there's that. Plus, the scum will be forced to kill one of you, ridding us of a potential mislynch anyway. If you all claim vt then nothing really changes, amirite?

It was clearly role fishing.

petroleumjelly wrote:
2.)
I don’t like Meransiel. In particular, I very much dislike this post:

Meransiel, Post 90 wrote:Well...quite frankly, I didn't understand what you said at all, Parama. I need to think better.

MoI defending 3 people?
I don't know what to make of it
, been in a single game with him where he was town and very aggressive. Meh, side note here.

By the way,
what are the chances of a pure town 3 man neighborhood?

This post has “trying to subtly plant ideas in people’s heads” all over it; first about MagnaofIllusion, and second about the claimed Neighborhood. This is one of my favorite tactics to use as scum, and this looks like a fairly textbook example of it.

I'm also not a fan of his asking the claimed Neighbors if they have additional powers.

I agree with this post

Shanba wrote:
To weigh in on MBL: I am ambivalent about his posts this far. I've not played with him much but this style is what I would expect if he was town. But also what I would expect if he was scum. I'd rather just let him work, for now, and check the results of his digging later.

My only experience with someone posting like him(just sitting back and asking questions) was when they were scum. His posting makes me uneasy, but there's not enough for me to justify going after him.

Iecerint wrote:In fact

VOTE: Hrezs

Am not feeling any of the popular wagons. I think Meransiel is town. Am not sure enough about 1 scum in the Neighborhood.

You're voting me because you want me to post?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:02 pm

Post by Ythan »

DemonHybrid wrote:So, it kinda sucks that we outed this; there are likely no scum in our neighborhood to tell other scum who the neighbors are. But on the other hand, we have a pseudo-3 man mason team.
The fact that you think your neighbors are town does not in any sense make them pseudo-masons. You have no more reason to trust them than any other players.

DemonHybrid wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Meransiel

Not only has he been scummy, but if he flips scum, the 3 of us neighbors can rest easy knowing that we're near-confirmed town.

Uncertain how this works but I've been skimming. Explain please?
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:03 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

How else would he confirm you then? Confirming you guys as neighbors does nothing for the town.

This was talked about above. The neighbors are explicitly stated as being non-alignment confirmed in the PM.

Uncertain how this works but I've been skimming. Explain please?

This was talked about above in response to MoI.

You want this one.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by Ythan »

I wish you'd include names in quotes. Null on the false-town-slipper until I read more, then.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”