Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:42 am

Post by Porochaz »

I apologise Im not up to date on whats been going on, but to answer this pointless question. I have no interest really in answering your question, not only is it an arbitrary list which I think you could easily put yourself on, I have no interest in any of these people. If you really must have an answer then ooba just wins out but really Im much more interested in a DGB wagon which doesnt involve the word Kinetic or a Cobbler wagon. These wagons make sense. Your short list theory of low profile players has quite a bit of WIFOM in it and odds are as that was where people were looking yesterday, its not going to be where recruiters go today.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:52 am

Post by Tanarin »

ooba wrote:

Tanarin wrote:This holds even more weight KNOWING there are at minimum 2 kills that can go flying on any given night.

Where did you get this info from??

I think it is a pretty safe assumption there are 2 possible kills considerign we have 3 opposing cult treestumps, and last game they could kill. Not only that it be dumb to assume even if only one side could kill that there isn't a vig or two (one shot or otherwise) floating around.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:53 am

Post by Herodotus »

My question isn't pointless. That list has scum on it.

Your comment about where people were looking yesterday is wrong. I tried to exclude xvart's vig list and all the wagons with the type of support that could result in a day 2 lynch.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Porochaz wrote: Your short list theory of low profile players has quite a bit of WIFOM in it and odds are as that was where people were looking yesterday, its not going to be where recruiters go today.

Are you calling your play low-profile?
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by xvart »

DrippingGoofball, 1526 wrote:He sent it to me after game start, and why he did, you'll have to ask him.

I don't see him doing this, but I don't have much experience with Flay as a moderator. What name did you send him and why did you send that name if you forgot you had a role?

DrippingGoofball, 1533 wrote:Yes that is the other side of the coin, I just think it's less likely than fakeclaiming un-recruitable. I claimed that myself, for the WIFOM. I expected more people to fakeclaim unrecruitable for lulz.

How many people in this game are claiming? Let alone fake claiming?

Cobblerfone, 1541 wrote:No it didn't. Not outright, I simply guessed because of the wording. For the timeframe, let's see, I think I asked Mr. Flay at around the same time that RaudhrGarm soft-claimed to be vanilla.

This is total bologna. How does the wording suggest that you might be unrecruitable without explicitly saying it?

Cobblerfone, 1586 wrote:That's not how it went. I didn't claim unrecruitable until after I was certain that none of us Teamsters had the same role.

No. You claimed when you thought I was not unrecruitable.

Yosarian2, 1588 wrote:What Cobbler seems to be trying to do is actually a pretty reasonable scum technique; he's trying to gradually pull away from his fakeclaim now, to make the whole thing seem like some kind of misunderstanding, and to do so before he can be caught out on it. He's just not doing it very well. In any case, I think the only goal of his fakeclaim was to not be lynched on day 1, and it did accomplish that.

I agree with this.

I'm only interested in lynching Cobble or DGB today. I believe both are lying cultbags.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Herodotus wrote:
Porochaz wrote: Your short list theory of low profile players has quite a bit of WIFOM in it and odds are as that was where people were looking yesterday, its not going to be where recruiters go today.

Are you calling your play low-profile?

I wouldnt say it was. I was taking it from the comment you made above the initial list.

The majority of the talk yesterday was on players who were non newbies who dont get lynched often but arent as famous as say yos. That correlates with your list.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

xvart wrote:
Cobblerfone wrote:That's not how it went. I didn't claim unrecruitable until after I was certain that none of us Teamsters had the same role.

Those both mean the same thing.

xvart wrote:
I'm only interested in lynching Cobble or DGB today. I believe both are lying cultbags.

If DGB is cult how is she lying if she literally said she's cult?
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:59 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

xvart wrote:This is total bologna. How does the wording suggest that you might be unrecruitable without explicitly saying it?

This part came from my more flavor part of the role that (paraphrasing of course) said I disliked violence. Thus when combined with my role, I assumed I wouldn't join either mafia cult.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by xvart »

Cobblerfone wrote:
xvart wrote:
Cobblerfone wrote:That's not how it went. I didn't claim unrecruitable until after I was certain that none of us Teamsters had the same role.

Those both mean the same thing.

No. What you said was that you claimed after you were certain that Raudr and I (all teamsters) were not unrecruitable. When did you determine that Raudr was unrecruitable?

Cobblerfone wrote:
xvart wrote:

Nice misrep. Do I even need to respond to this?
I only read quote walls.

Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:21 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

xvart wrote:No. What you said was that you claimed after you were certain that Raudr and I (all teamsters) were not unrecruitable. When did you determine that Raudr was unrecruitable?

Raudhr softclaimed vanilla.

RaudhrGarm wrote:I don't see xvart being recruited as he's a teamster. Wouldn't you rather try to get a PR as soon as possible rather than a VT?
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:23 pm

Post by xvart »

I forgot about that. I went back and looked and that happened before our exchange; so you should have known by that point that we weren't all the same roles, therefore basing us not having the same role because of my vote on you was not true.
I only read quote walls.

Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Why am I voting yosarian? It is a stupid vote.
Unvote, Vote: Cobblerfone

I am not convinced that he is scum, but I am convinced that the game will be better without him.

xvart wrote:
Cobblerfone wrote:
xvart wrote:

Yes.
Surfs up dude.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Warning: role speculation here.
Seraphim has hinted that he's a rolecop.
Seraphim is a "junkie", and Ooba is the only other "junkie".
So Ooba has a good chance of also being a rolecop.
Kinetic has claimed to have seen DGb's role PM. Either he's lying about that, or he has a rolecop ability at his faction's command.
The rolecop ability could be innate to the CR's, or kinetic may have recruited Ooba.

Porochaz wrote:I have no interest really in answering your question
Not very pro-town.

Porochaz wrote:not only is it an arbitrary list
Oops, I thought I had stated this. I started with the full playerlist excluding the people who are confirmed to me (myself and the recruiters), generally removed names that were on vig lists, generally removed names that either collected many votes or collected a few votes from relatively persuasive people, and generally removed people I otherwise expected not to be recruited.

Porochaz wrote:which I think you could easily put yourself on
This is not a normal townie response.

Porochaz wrote:Your short list theory of low profile players
Porochaz wrote:
Herodotus wrote:Are you calling your play low-profile?
I wouldnt say it was. I was taking it from the comment you made above the initial list.
The majority of the talk yesterday was on players who were non newbies who dont get lynched often but arent as famous as say yos. That correlates with your list.
I don't think there was any clear indication that I was following Magister's criteria.
Regardless, there is a major distinction between a person who is low profile in general, and someone who didn't attract attention on Day 1 of this game.

Porochaz wrote:has quite a bit of WIFOM in it
We're dealing with cults, of course there will be WIFOM. But look at the behaviour of most people: they're attacking the same people who were attacked yesterday. I think the only wagon that could be called "new" is the one on DGb, and there were suspicions on her during Day 1. The recruiters could easily have predicted this and recruited around it.

Porochaz wrote:odds are as that was where people were looking yesterday
I excluded almost everyone at whom people were looking hard yesterday. Exceptions were Ooba, whom DGb mentioned in her list of 4 at gamestart, populartajo, who was Yos2's fourth name, and you, against whom Ladyl made a rage-case that backfired on her.

Porochaz wrote:its not going to be where recruiters go today.
Now who is relying on WIFOM?
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by xvart »

Fritzler wrote:
xvart wrote:
Cobblerfone wrote:
xvart wrote:

Yes.

Okay then. When I say someone is lying that doesn't mean that every single thing uttered is a lie; cult have their own means and their own reasons for saying things and most of the time they will try and tell the truth but occasionally they will have to lie, just as I don't buy the whole thing about Flay, unprompted, pming DGB after the day started telling her that "it's too late to submit an action." Furthermore, it's ridiculous to even use that as an example. "I am cult so everything I say is a lie." Really?
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by xvart »

Herodotus, 1637 wrote:So Ooba has a good chance of also being a rolecop.

How many times have we been over this?
I only read quote walls.

ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:09 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

Fritzler wrote:I am not convinced that he is scum, but I am convinced that the game will be better without him.

Given that we're dealing with two cult recruiters, what's the logic in this?
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:47 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

No Access until Saturday night, Pacific standrad time. (Orientation, :) )

To whoever asked, I am trying to get as little information as possible from Seraphim and piece together my own role with what flay is telling me (note, he is being insanely cryptic) because its rather complex if Seraphim is in fact lying and if he is and I claim I want it to be a for sure scum lynch.

No part of outing a triangle of town sided roles if I am not correct makes sense.

But aside from this exciting happenings, I cannot believe DGB hasn't been lynched yet. Yosarian, xvart, anyone, what part of her play here has been town. Populartajo made an excellent post showing only four of her inconsistences today, and yet we only have a middling wagon going. This is infuriating. She is cult.

Her logic is terrible. Her 'reason' for voting me after she claims she needs to 'die to help town win' (hehe what??) is plain wrong and illogical. (if there is even a reason)
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:18 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Herodotus wrote:Warning: role speculation here.
Kinetic has claimed to have seen DGb's role PM. Either he's lying about that, or he has a rolecop ability at his faction's command.
The rolecop ability could be innate to the CR's, or kinetic may have recruited Ooba.

Or he could have recruited the other dancer.
Or he could be a lying scumbag.
Surfs up dude.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:43 pm

Post by ooba »

DGB ~ Hero

DGB mentions Hero as one of the top candidates in #844 but no mention of Hero on D2

In 1637, he speculates I might be cult based on Kinetic's info. Therefore, on some level, he believes Kinetic's info to be true...
Warning: role speculation here.

But when it comes to DGB - on whom Kinetic is actually claiming info - he says "We can vig DGb tonight
if it's really necessary
. During the day, though, let's lynch scum."
Also tries to downplay the DGB lynch in same post - "
It may be best if he simply claims so this stupid town can start voting for actual scum. Most likely, all but six players are currently voting for townies." ..
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:00 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

ToastyToast wrote:Did someone call Cobblerfone out on his bulletproof claim, BEFORE he volunteered said information? If so, then he's highly unlikely to be the recruit. Butchering a claim is not a scumtell.

To be fair it can be, but I don't think it is in this case.

vote: magisterludi

this vote will only come off if you can explain better than you have been why you think seraphim might be lying.

That being said...
Seraphim wrote:
A. Targeted Yos last night and
B. Found out information
I can confirm A and mostly confirm B. There is the off-chance I was roleblocked but I don't think I was.

What? Either you were roleblocked and got no information, or you got information. How can you not be sure?
Don't ask me to provide self meta
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:46 am

Post by bvoigt »

Cobblerfone wrote:
xvart wrote:I'm only interested in lynching Cobble or DGB today. I believe both are lying cultbags.

This is a terrible twisting of words. What difference does it make?
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:34 am

Post by Kinetic »

You know what would be smart? A mass claim. That way you guys will KNOW all the power roles, and instead of using them to help you, be so paranoid and kill them all off :).
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:14 am

Post by Herodotus »

ooba wrote:In 1637, he speculates I might be cult based on Kinetic's info. Therefore, on some level, he believes Kinetic's info to be true...
I do think there is a reasonable chance that kinetic was telling the truth and that he truthfully described DGb's role.

Do you believe that kinetic doesn't know DGb's role?

ooba wrote:Also tries to downplay the DGB lynch in same post
That's a fair point. I haven't been very definitive on whether DGb is town or scum; that's because I feel unsure about her. When I said she can be vigged "if it's really necessary", I meant if people are confident that she's scum, then she can be killed tonight. The hordes of vigilantes have my permission, for what it's worth. If she's town, that will save us a mislynch, and if she's scum, that will eliminate her. But we aren't lynching her; we're lynching one of flameaxe, fritzler, ooba, porochaz, or populartajo.

VOTE: porochaz
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:20 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

bvoigt wrote:This is a terrible twisting of words. What difference does it make?

I was just being a smart-alec.

Ludi wrote:To whoever asked, I am trying to get as little information as possible from Seraphim and piece together my own role with what flay is telling me (note, he is being insanely cryptic) because its rather complex if Seraphim is in fact lying and if he is and I claim I want it to be a for sure scum lynch.

What makes you think Seraphim is lying? What is it in his claim that is inconsistent with what you know? Keep in mind that you might want to take the possibility of gambits into consideration. If your information doesn't prove he's lying even after you think it through, then there is no need to explain.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:03 am

Post by Fritzler »

ThAdmiral wrote:
Seraphim wrote:
A. Targeted Yos last night and
B. Found out information
I can confirm A and mostly confirm B. There is the off-chance I was roleblocked but I don't think I was.

What? Either you were roleblocked and got no information, or you got information. How can you not be sure?

This is a pretty flavorful game, I wouldn't be that surprised.
Surfs up dude.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”