Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:39 am

Post by SGRaaize »

The inventor I'm thinking off has a list kinda like this

A: ?????????
B: ?????????
C: ?????????

And then you can pick one letter and use it/give it to someone. So, you choose the letter and the target.

I've seen sometimes ways for Inventors to use an ability that reveals what a certain letter is, but that if you use that ability, you can't use a item that phase.

Its that what your ability is, Bunny? Or something close to it?
I'm from EpicMafia and I love it there. Everything I say is now invalid.
I am a bad player, but I like to think of myself as the wild card that is unpredictable.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:09 am

Post by Beefster »

I just noticed this in the rules:
-Field effects: -During each cycle of day/night, a special effect will be all over the game. This special effect affects all players and all actions, unless otherwise noted. These effects may range from increase damage from spells, negate certain type of actions, create post restrictions, modify the current HP of players, etc, etc, etc. You won't be told which effect is in place.

for all we know, bunnylover may have not even been responsible for the shift...

FoS: Snake

Maybe these were the effects:
-Pregame/Day 1: no name claiming
-Night 1: shift/mass redirection
-Day 2: no unvoting

VOLUNTEERING!
I am an
Uttercold Sorcerer

Nobody has anything to lose from this, right?
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:11 am

Post by Beefster »

Eh, whatever. I probably should have done a fakeclaim first.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:23 am

Post by WrathChild »

Beef, do you mind recapping your claimed information please?
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:31 am

Post by Beefster »

Each phase has some sort of field effect. Those are the field effects for those days. My theory is that the name claim ban is no longer in effect because it was the field effect for Day 1, but not today. We could benefit from name claims.

Bunnylover may not be responsible for the shift because it potentially was the field effect for Night 1.
Get to know a meat boy
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:56 am

Post by SGRaaize »

I thought the Field effect was this thing of not being able to unvote
I am a bad player, but I like to think of myself as the wild card that is unpredictable.
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:00 am

Post by WrathChild »

Now that I think about it, it would kind of make sense as the flavor Day 1 suggessted that claiming would be punished. Day 2 the flavor implied that we can not change votes.

Vote Count Please?
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:03 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

"It must all have been a trick from yesterday!" one of the featureless bodies exclaimed. "I'm sure it's safe to claim our names now. I'm an uttercold sorcerer," he said out loud. Nothing happened. "See? Nothing ha-" suddenly, just as it had happened the previous day, a dim glow emerged from his mouth and eyes, draining the life out of him. As the glow disappeared after a blinding flash, so did the life from the body, which had recovered all of its features. Someone recognized him, and it was indeed who he claimed to be.

14- Beefster, an
uttercold sorcerer (sorcerers)
mysteriously dies on Day 2.

Votecount

2- gandalf5166
[Healthy]
(0)
3- A Gaggle of Geese
[Healthy]
(0)
5- Riceballtail
[Bruised]
(0)
6- Katy
[Healthy]
(0)
7- Bunnylover
[Healthy]
(0)
8- IceyCupcake
[Healthy]
(0)
10- Dry-fit
[Healthy]
(0)
11- SnakePlissken
[Bruised]
(0)
12- WrathChild
[Healthy]
(0)
15- PeregrineV
[Dying]
(0)
16- BabySpice
[Healthy]
(0)
17- Surye
[Healthy]
(0)
18- Zdenek
[Healthy]
(0)
19- Mana_Ku
[Bleeding]
(0)
20- inHimshallibe
[Bruised]
(0)
21- SGRaaize
[Bruised]
(0)
23- Feysal
[Healthy]
(0)

Not voting: gandalf5166, AGOG, Riceballtail, Katy, Bunnylover, IceyCupcake, Dry-fit, SnakePlissken, WrathChild, PeregrineV, BabySpice, Surye, Zdenek, Mana_Ku, inHimshallibe, SGRaaize, Feysal

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

Deadline is on June 30th at midnight (GMT -5)
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:04 am

Post by SGRaaize »

lol, either the field effects stack, or the whole claiming thing is overall.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:58 am

Post by Bunnylover »

SGR: Thats the closet to my role. kinda. im been vague on purpose. posting from phone. beefsteer death has me t5hinking two things: 1. is that snow bunny is killing us off or 2. like my role last game where i had to acquire 15 healer point, someone has to kill off so many people to achieve their wc. the problem with the snow bunny theory is that a loop hole may have been found. i havent directly stated my role and power, but most people have an idea of what i am. yet im still alive.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
IceyCupcake
IceyCupcake
Goon
IceyCupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:42 am

Post by IceyCupcake »

Why do I have the sinking feeling that this is going to be one of those games where we reach the end and the moderator is like "I just don't understand how the town lost so easily it just seemed like they had no clue what was going on even though I gave them lots of useful tools and stuff they just never seemed to use them! Really poor play by the town obv obv obv."

Inclined to believe Bunnylover's claim, because of how our role functions (since we've explored the limits of claiming, I feel safe in saying we earn MP with votes and can do certain things with that - and also a few of the things we can do are 1 shot AND ALSO require these...). Psychopathic roles exist.

Still dislike Snake but well etc.

On a side note, really dislike the moderator's continual micromanagement of the players, too. May take her up on that offer.

FOS count when I get home.
Written by GreyICE, unless it was written by Katsuki
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:15 am

Post by SGRaaize »

IceyCupcake wrote:Why do I have the sinking feeling that this is going to be one of those games where we reach the end and the moderator is like "I just don't understand how the town lost so easily it just seemed like they had no clue what was going on even though I gave them lots of useful tools and stuff they just never seemed to use them! Really poor play by the town obv obv obv."

Its gonna be one of those games where we did indeed have the mechanics to easily defeat the Mafia, but we didn't because we aren't oracles and we are not told how this setup actually works.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by Feysal »

Bunnylover [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3152858#p3152858]#1667[/url] wrote:@Feysal: I believed CMAR was scum. Even if everyone thinks someone is town, doesn't mean they are town. You should know this from King of the Swords or Clash of the Swords (whatever) where Hasdgfas was "called town by almost everyone" and won the game for his scum team.

I remember that quite well. However, after hasdgfas shot one of his allies on day one, no town player in their right mind would've wanted him dead that day. You can of course suspect whoever you like, but I'm surprised that out of all the available choices, your first suspect would be CMAR.

SGRaaize [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3153331#p3153331]#1669[/url] wrote:Alright, Bunnylover
You're an inventor, is that what this is?

If I had to guess, I'd say wild mage.

Oh look, we have another town death due to claiming. That makes seven total, excluding the one who got revived, nearly a third of the game. We cannot claim, because we would die. We cannot reveal our abilities out of fear of having them stolen, which also prevents us from sharing what we've done with them. We cannot know ourselves what our actions have accomplished because of the mass redirection. We cannot use votes to wagon and pressure our suspects, since we can't unvote if we're wrong.

This game should've had a bastard mod warning in big, red letters.

SGRaaize [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3153990#p3153990]#1683[/url] wrote:lol, either the field effects stack, or the whole claiming thing is overall.

They'd better not stack. If we still can't unvote tomorrow, I think I'm going to blow a fuse and ragequit.

Now, to do something more useful, I had a closer look at SnakePlissken, Dry-fit and Gandalf, and looked at some of their past games. I might as well have not bothered, trying to pin them on meta was a frustrating and fruitless waste of effort. SnakePlissken has typically been more active both as town and as scum, but that seems to be dependent on his enjoyment of the game and how much time he has to spend on it. Besides, his activity level seems to be improving somewhat. Dry-fit has said and done far too little to say anything definite about him, though I did notice that he has not posted anywhere on the site since his last post in this game. That makes two replacements we need. And Gandalf... I felt he was a bit more aggressive in his scum games that I checked, but that is not much to go on.

I'm not up to date on the accurate count, but I think Snake has the highest number of FOS-votes on him. He seems pretty unconcerned about that too, or is he just unaware?

His claim is definitely weird though. He would have us believe that he can only take damage from healing, and he recovers health from unholy energy. That would point to undead and therefore town... but this makes no sense whatsoever from a mechanics viewpoint. If the scum have healing spells like he claims to believe, why would they ever use them on anyone other than themselves? And if sorcerors or third parties had healing spells, why would they use them on him if he cannot be damaged by other means in the first place, and thus cannot have damage to heal? The logic does not add up.

My FOS-vote shall remain on SnakePlissken.
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:09 pm

Post by Bunnylover »

Feysal wrote:
Oh look, we have another town death due to claiming. That makes seven total, excluding the one who got revived, nearly a third of the game. We cannot claim, because we would die.
We cannot reveal our abilities out of fear of having them stolen, which also prevents us from sharing what we've done with them.
We cannot know ourselves what our actions have accomplished because of the mass redirection. We cannot use votes to wagon and pressure our suspects, since we can't unvote if we're wrong.

When did the bolded become an issue? When did it even happen?
I claimed an ability, yet haven't recieved in penalty (probably because i didn't do it directly).
What do you know?
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:54 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Feysal wrote: We cannot claim, because we would die. We cannot reveal our abilities out of fear of having them stolen, which also prevents us from sharing what we've done with them. We cannot know ourselves what our actions have accomplished because of the mass redirection. We cannot use votes to wagon and pressure our suspects, since we can't unvote if we're wrong.

Half of that statement is wrong; and the other half is not as you'd think so (well, there may be something true, but still). No wonder why you think there's any need for a bastard mod warning sign. :roll:

Just saying, you're worrying too much about things that shouldn't be taking your so much space in your mind. Well, just my honest opinion.

SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:23 pm

Post by SGRaaize »

Yeah, we can basically claim whatever we want, we just can't say our name.
Big deal
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:42 pm

Post by SnakePlissken »

Here's an idea people start voting and get on with it. Dropmthe FOS you should have a clear idea on who you think is scum by now.
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:19 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

SGRaaize wrote:lol, either the field effects stack, or the whole claiming thing is overall.

The claiming thing is overall. It's mentioned seperately to the field effects section.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Katy
Katy
Goon
Katy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:42 pm

Post by Katy »

SnakePlissken wrote:Here's an idea people start voting and get on with it. Dropmthe FOS you should have a clear idea on who you think is scum by now.

I don't know why I'm bothering to explain this, but part of the procedure of the day is coming to a consensus so that town can accomplish a lynch instead of splitting the votes.

If people place votes now, we will pretty much be locking ourselves into the first couple people to get votes as lynch candidates for the day since spreading votes among too many risks getting into a position where we won't lynch. There's no reason to start voting until we know who we are going to lynch because once a person gets anough votes on them to claim or whatever they will pretty much have to be lynched anyway since no one can then unvote them. Not to mention that we have a number of players who either need to start playing or be replaced. It's not really a good time to start locking ourselves in when we haven't even heard from several players or heard very little. There may be more information that someone has that we haven't gotten yet.

Why are you pushing this right now anyway? Don't you realize that if people lock in their votes now, the most likely person to be lynched is you?
I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.

My Games
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:05 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

I know Im town so I will lynched in the knowledge that Im right, and if my lynch goves the town anymore information on catching the scum so we get a town win, then it's a sacrifice that has to be made.
Show

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:36 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

I realise this is pure WIFOM, but it is what it is. I can roleclaim for you all if it makes things easier? I am a Wight, sentient undead.
Show

Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:25 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Another one step ahead and claim: "I'm a wight." And just if had happened the previous two times, the life from the featureless body mysteriously vanish after a strong flash. He was indeed a wight.

14- SnakePlissken, a
wight (sorcerers)
mysteriously dies on Day 2.

Votecount

2- gandalf5166
[Healthy]
(0)
3- A Gaggle of Geese
[Healthy]
(0)
5- Riceballtail
[Bruised]
(0)
6- Katy
[Healthy]
(0)
7- Bunnylover
[Healthy]
(0)
8- IceyCupcake
[Healthy]
(0)
10- Dry-fit
[Healthy]
(0)
12- WrathChild
[Healthy]
(0)
15- PeregrineV
[Dying]
(0)
16- BabySpice
[Healthy]
(0)
17- Surye
[Healthy]
(0)
18- Zdenek
[Healthy]
(0)
19- Mana_Ku
[Bleeding]
(0)
20- inHimshallibe
[Bruised]
(0)
21- SGRaaize
[Bruised]
(0)
23- Feysal
[Healthy]
(0)

Not voting: gandalf5166, AGOG, Riceballtail, Katy, Bunnylover, IceyCupcake, Dry-fit, WrathChild, PeregrineV, BabySpice, Surye, Zdenek, Mana_Ku, inHimshallibe, SGRaaize, Feysal

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

Deadline is on June 30th at midnight (GMT -5)[/quote]

What do you need to understand that claiming is bad? And, what were you expecting? To end the day after that? It is not a modkill (though I should modkill Snake, as that was obviously against his wincon), so no quick end of the day for town.

Oh, and remember all of you that you can submit a day action. Just saying.

SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:42 am

Post by SGRaaize »

Remember that plan I talked about?
We're basically doing it now, lolololol

Things are getting desperate, but I think we're right at least on this one.

FoS: DryFit
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:22 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

What has gandalf contributed to this game.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:24 am

Post by Riceballtail »

inHimshallibe wrote:What has gandalf contributed to this game.

What has dryfit contributed?
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”