Newbie 1104 -- Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:05 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

That's what I mean when I say I disregarded it because of the WIFOM value.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:07 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

yeah, we have a pretty good case for Haylen scum now

I'm willing to buy the slip that Haylen knew the day would continue
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:08 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

I trusted you Haylen...

Your word is no longer Gospel :[

~Screwtape
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:16 am

Post by Haylen »

Oh for the love of cheeze. I am surprised that TS went with some rubbish theory like that -_- Are you seriously telling me that you've never played a game where the scum have practically 'outted' their 'scumbuddy' only to get that person lynched and find they're actually town? It's a standard scum tactic especially with Day One scum lynches. If anything, that quote makes me confirmed town.

Anyone else notice that despite making a case on me, Muffin only voted me AFTER somebody else did? That's scummy because it shows he wanted to see if he could get away with it.

Muffin or TS are scum in this game.

Why would I be nervous about Power roles, muffin? Cops and other power roles should stay alive for as long as possible, that's not bad advice, that's optimum play. It is a bad thing for a cop to claim results on Day Two if they don't have a guilty, because if we mislynched on day 2, it would allow them to confirm another player and either get a guilty or narrow it down. A dead cop is a useless cop.

How is my second iso post nervous? That's probably the most pro-town advice somebody can give, you're making no sense with your scumtells :?

And how is it fence sitting if I come to a conclusion at the bottom of the iso? Did you read that part? The only one I didn't draw a conclusion for at that time is Espeonage, thus your next point is void. Anybody can read those conclusions you listed and see you're completely misrepping them.

Oh no! I didn't get an analysis done when I said I would! Daaaaamn, how obviously scummy of me -_- My iso 14 was made on a Friday. I'm V/LA at the weekends and is clearly says in my signature AND I posted it when I first replaced in, so excuse me if I didn't get it done to your strict time scale. I've been recently inactive because that week I randomly decided I was going to publish a book.

Muffin wrote:She still hasn't commented on the 'crumbs' that everyone but her seemed to pick up from f_a D2.

What crumbs? I don't pick up on crumbs until I'm looking for them. No, I haven't had time to look for them yet.

I don't need to do an iso of you: complaints about my posting, says you aren't going to read them thereby refusing to read the thread with is scummy. Not scumhunting which is scummy. Making an analysis of me which is basically complete misrepresentation. Also scummy. And that is why I want you lynched today. And I'm suspicious that
you
were the one to bring up what Otolia said about Frostbite, it shows you think it's the key to you winning.

About that "slip" a) I don't make slips as scum, I'm actually careful about what I post. Thus if I was scum, that would never have been said. b) It was a standard response. If we hit scum with Espeonage, I didn't need to do an analysis of Twistedspoon, if it did come to the next day, then 'oh hey' I do an iso.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:16 am

Post by Haylen »

It's either Twistedspoon or Muffin.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:29 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

I've been the one trying to defend you here Haylen, so don't U-turn and say It's me as possible mafioso when up until now I was all town.

Either way i don't care. I Had to compromise with ans Espe lynch yesterday. Possibly worth it if the tell Muffin found works

I also remember how Haylen pointed out that a mafia Rolecop could exist, something which I had completely forgotten and was impressed as to how Haylen remembered it in a new setup. Now it makes perfect sense as Haylen would be the rolecop :/
Haylen wrote:
About that "slip" a) I don't make slips as scum,

that's what everyone thinks though until they do

This wagon explains the town reads I've been getting off of everyone else (ignoring noragar for a sec.)
Both muffin and I can't be scum. This wagon is legit and the only solution

~Screwtape
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:39 am

Post by Haylen »

You do realise that I was part of the construction of the new setup? Of course, I'd remember there's the chance of a role cop!

TwistedSpoon wrote:I've been the one trying to defend you here Haylen, so don't U-turn and say It's me as possible mafioso when up until now I was all town.

That was until you bought on to this ridiculous theory and completely missed the misrepresentation. Are you saying that because you defended me, I can't call you scum? It's either yourself or Muffin, my mind wont be changed on this.

-_- For goodness sake. THAT WASN'T A SLIP. PEOPLE ONLY PERCEIVE I'VE MADE A SLIP IF I'M TOWN. If you do decide to lynch me, lynch Muffin tomorrow and if that fails lynch TS.

And if Muffin really is town, then he needs to review his arrogance.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:40 am

Post by Haylen »

TS, why no comment on muffin only voting after you did?

Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:48 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

I mean why didn't you say I was possible scum before I voted you?

Haylen wrote:TS, why no comment on muffin only voting after you did?

does it matter?

He's hardly sheeping if he made the case

I expect he sees your lynch as feasible now that I'm aboard

anyways, I don't see the point in this. One can never have 100% proof that one is scum and there will always be some doubt. You're better at arguing your case than most of us and the aura of unlynchability you have is probably how you managed to win your last scum newbie game.

I can't see anyone else being scum anymore.

~Screwtape
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:57 am

Post by Haylen »

-_- This is ridiculous.

You don't see any problem with somebody making a case and only deciding to vote on it after somebody else has? I change my mind, I want you lynched today. Town TS would see I have a point and notice that that entire case was a misrepresentation.

Right. So if we go by muffin being investigated my Forest_Air, that makes him town and TS scum.

Unvote Vote TwistedSpoon

If I'm wrong, lynch me tomorrow. Seriously.

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:04 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Haylen wrote:It's either Twistedspoon or Muffin.

I'm not scum. Twisted isn't scum. What now?

If you're town, do me a favour and do a concise analysis of the other players and tell me which of them you think is likely to flip scum and why.

Haylen wrote:Why would I be nervous about Power roles, muffin? Cops and other power roles should stay alive for as long as possible, that's not bad advice, that's optimum play. It is a bad thing for a cop to claim results on Day Two if they don't have a guilty, because if we mislynched on day 2, it would allow them to confirm another player and either get a guilty or narrow it down. A dead cop is a useless cop.

No. Not an acceptable answer after no night kill N1. I could understand if you mentioned that it could be a jailer and that would be the reason the cop shouldn't claim, but not because he could die....

Haylen wrote:And how is it fence sitting if I come to a conclusion at the bottom of the iso? Did you read that part?

Because your conclusions are virtually all "I could potentially see this person possibly being scum".

Haylen wrote:What crumbs? I don't pick up on crumbs until I'm looking for them. No, I haven't had time to look for them yet.

You did look for them. You looked for them in one of f_a's D1 posts... ... ...

Haylen wrote:Thus if I was scum, that would never have been said.

Self-WIFOM is the best WIFOM.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:05 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

eeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrgh

There's only two reasons you could be doing this twisted-muffin ultimatum here. And I don't like either of those reasons. But it makes me think you're town.

Unvote

Twisted isn't scum, btw. I need to assess some things.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:07 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Town TS would realise that no other combination makes sense. If I flip town after this then I'm what? Insane or something?

I'm trusting Muffin on 2 accounts, noragar and Haylen. something I don't see as unreasonable considering he was investigated.

Haylen wrote:
If I'm wrong, lynch me tomorrow. Seriously.

will do

Don't assume this is something scum would never say, btw. They do. I can explain why later. I'm too annoyed by Haylen's backpeddaling right now

My interactions between myself and Otolia show I'm town. If you're going to call that a bus then you're in newbie games for life after this compadré

~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:09 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

zMuffinMan wrote:eeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrgh

There's only two reasons you could be doing this twisted-muffin ultimatum here. And I don't like either of those reasons. But it makes me think you're town.

Unvote

???????

explain yourself comradé muffin

otherwise I'm just going to look bizzare after confirming frosty as town D1, sticking with it D2, then U-turning D3 only to realise you've completely trolled me with this Haylen thing

why the change? The ultimatum? I can explain that easy. I do it all the time as scum

~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:12 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

The Ultimatium theory

angry scum Y says:

'Lynch X. he'll be scum and you can lynch me tommorow if I'm wrong'

The town lynch X

X flips town

town says

'gee. Well Y must be town since Y would never have called for this ultimatum if Scum since y would know that X would flip town and he'd be lynched the next day. Y must be town'

and So, Y, coasts to the endgame

~Screwtape
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:15 am

Post by Morthas »

How many lynches until LyLo?
Capitalism, ho
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:16 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 3.02

Haylen - 1 - Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon - 1 - Haylen

Not Voting: noragar, Morthas, gbevilchaos, zMuffinMan

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline: July 11

V/LA: ...
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:19 am

Post by Haylen »

What confirms TS as town to you?

Muffin wrote:If you're town, do me a favour and do a concise analysis of the other players and tell me which of them you think is likely to flip scum and why.

Not right now.

I forgot there was a No Kill on Night One. Either way, cop should never claim until completely necessary. It's poor play if they do, and it's poor play to suggest that they do.

As TwistedSpoon said just now, we can't be 100% sure the person we lynch will flip scum thus I worded my conclusions with that in mind.

Clearly Muffin doesn't understand meta. There are some things that people can't change about they're play.

Twistedspoon wrote:explain yourself comradé muffin

Buddying.

Twistedspoon wrote:I do it all the time as scum

I'm not you though.

gbevilchaos
gbevilchaos
Goon
gbevilchaos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:31 am

Post by gbevilchaos »

Haylen wrote:-_- For goodness sake. THAT WASN'T A SLIP. PEOPLE ONLY PERCEIVE I'VE MADE A SLIP IF I'M TOWN.

Have you ever lost a game as scum? If so, then you make slips...

Haylen wrote:And if Muffin really is town, then he needs to review his arrogance.

After the recent way you've been posting, you do as well. It's not impossible that you're scum. No need to attack Muffin for entertaining the possibility that you don't draw town 100% of the time.

Muffin didn't misrepresent your conclusions. Those were what he directly quoted. They were all neutral conclusions, more or less.

zMuffinMan wrote:->
I am spotting quite a few scum motivations from Noragars post and would agree that he is quite scummy here.

->
I have liked Noragar's responses and am currently giving him the benefit of the doubt.

->
I could see a potential scum flip coming from Forest.

->
At the present time, I would like a CC lynch over any of the other two players I have done analysis on.

->
I will NOT support a Gbe lynch today.
<- Actually, this is the only one that really isn't wishy-washy.
->
Might be willing to lynch Espy today. I'll make a definate decision soon.

Noragar: He is giving a few scum motivations, but I like his responses and will give him the benefit of the doubt. Doesn't conclude either way.
Forest: Could see a potential scum flip (very unsure sounding)
CC: I would like a CC lynch over the others (you never say you want a CC lynch because he's scummy, just that he's the best option. you aren't committing to anything)
Me: This one was pretty confident, as muffin was sure to note in his analysis (not leaving anything out = town, by the way)
Espe: Might be willing to lynch = very uncertain

It isn't the strongest case ever Haylen, but he didn't misrepresent a thing. Your response to pressure, which was full of emotion instead of facts, was scummy, on the other hand.

And what's with the OMGUS pressure on TS/Muffin? You've said TS is likely to be town for a long time. I don't see him being scum either. Muffin is practically confirmed town based on how F_A posted about chkflip/muffin. F_A said in a post "Muffin is town" with no reason or qualifying statement. She never did anything similar with anyone else. She talked about her "gut read" of muffin in several other posts. What more do you need to consider him town?

Your response to pressure was way more scummy than I saw you based on Muffin's case.

Vote Haylen

FAST POSTED:

Haylen wrote:

Buddying.

They were the two people on the bandwagon together. As far as being on the bandwagon, they were together in a group. Therefore, they were comrades. You're reading way too far into that. Desperate attempts at building a case without reading his ISO. Can you please go ahead and make a case against TS if you think he's scummy? It would be interesting to say the least.

Haylen wrote:
Muffin wrote:If you're town, do me a favour and do a concise analysis of the other players and tell me which of them you think is likely to flip scum and why.

Not right now.

And that helps town...how?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:37 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

I need some sleep before I say anything else. Don't lynch Haylen before I wake up. I'll explain later.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:42 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Also, just before I go to sleep;

Haylen wrote:Either way, cop should never claim until completely necessary. It's poor play if they do, and it's poor play to suggest that they do.

This... isn't good advice. There are times when it is perfectly fine for a cop to claim before it's 'completely necessary'. This game would be a good example of what I mean. Although, in our game, the cop doesn't know whether the protective role in the game is a jailer or a doc, so circumstances are slightly different. But your point about only claiming when it's completely necessary isn't a good point.

This is completely irrelevant to the game right now, though, and should probably be discussed in endgame or something.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:54 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Haylen wrote:

Buddying.

I'm buddying muffin by asking him to explain himself?

~Screwtape
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:55 am

Post by Haylen »

I've explained why I'm being misrepped, and how.

gbe wrote:Have you ever lost a game as scum? If so, then you make slips...

I don't make slips with words. I generally get lynched by cop investigations, random other faction mafia kills and just bad luck.

Obviously if somebody is the best option for a lynch, that means they're scummy. I can't make strong conclusions over whether somebody is scum so early in a game. Emotion is how I react to any kind of pressure. It's in my meta.

Unless a person has previous experience in playing with someone, any kind of buddying like that is suspicious. It's the words you used, TS. 'comrade'

Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:57 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

I call everyoe comradé, compadré, amigo etc.
It's in most of my games

I do it in RL too. It's my thing

~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:59 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Haylen wrote:
Obviously if somebody is the best option for a lynch, that means they're scummy. I can't make strong conclusions over whether somebody is scum so early in a game. Emotion is how I react to any kind of pressure. It's in my meta.

link

~Screwtape

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”