PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:16 am

Post by PJ. »

xvart wrote:Scum motivated behaviors you have exhibited:
  1. Changing reads that coincide with wagon momentum;
  2. Attacking the attacker and not the attack;
  3. Justifying actions after the fact with information not available and unprovable;
  4. Knowing someone's town alignment
    ;
  5. Directing a possible vig kill to a single individual
    ; and,
  6. Mismatched suspicions and voting (debatable).

I didn't see where he knew someone's alignment
Directing the vig is fine at this point, still saying Toro should vig Jakesh
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Sundy
Sundy
Goon
Sundy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:03 am

Post by Sundy »

Empking wrote:
hiplop wrote:Hoppster is starting to look scum, but i cant get over the town read i got on him from earlier on :\

If I wasn't already voting him this post would have convinced me to.

By "him" you mean Hiplop? What is your view of El Hoppster???
Town: 7-4
Scum: 2-2
TBD: 3
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:05 am

Post by Empking »

Sundy wrote:
Empking wrote:
hiplop wrote:Hoppster is starting to look scum, but i cant get over the town read i got on him from earlier on :\

By "him" you mean Hiplop? What is your view of El Hoppster???

Hoppster is null.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:12 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Votecount1.13
Did you know: "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt."

Sleepykrew(2) - Hoppster, Toro
Empking(1) - Jakesh97
Hiplop(3) - Empking, Vollkan, Panzerjager
Jakesh(1) - PBuG
El Hoppster(3) - Xvart, Sleepykrew, Sundy
thomith(1) - Hiplop

Not Voting (2) - Captain Corporal, Thomith

With 13 Alive it takes 7 to lynch, 6 to no lynch.
The deadline is 6th July GMT 08:00[/b]
[/size]

I'll look for a Jakesh97 replacement if he hasn't posted in 9 hours
Last edited by Twistedspoon on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:23 am, edited 5 times in total.
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Sundy
Sundy
Goon
Sundy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:14 am

Post by Sundy »

Twistedspoon wrote:El Hoppster(3) - Xvart, Sleepykrew

:D :D :D

My nickname was so awesome that you had to leave out my name while counting my vote?
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:18 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Right you are El Sundy! :P

Fixed, ty

~Screwtape
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:21 am

Post by PJ. »

Hiplop also has 3 votes
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:25 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Are you all taking it in turns to point out the errors in my votecounts or something? :3

It's a conspiracy :P

Fixed , ty

~Screwtape
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:26 am

Post by hiplop »

daydreamt also ends in mt..
third best scummer of all time
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:27 am

Post by hiplop »

Empking wrote:

why?
Sundy
Sundy
Goon
Sundy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:27 am

Post by Sundy »

Daydreamt is a word?!
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:40 am

Post by Empking »

hiplop wrote:
Empking wrote:

why?

Opening options.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:56 am

Post by PJ. »

Sundy wrote:Daydreamt is a word?!

its not.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:56 am

Post by PJ. »

Twistedspoon wrote:
Are you all taking it in turns to point out the errors in my votecounts or something? :3

It's a conspiracy :P

Fixed , ty

We figured we would do it in shifts.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:16 am

Post by hiplop »

Panzerjager wrote:
Sundy wrote:Daydreamt is a word?!

its not.

yes it is. Hyphened though.

and empking, thats WIFOM. BOTH town and scum do that
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:32 pm

Post by xvart »

hiplop, 473 wrote:Hoppster is starting to look scum, but i cant get over the town read i got on him from earlier on :\

That's what scum do. They try and trick you into thinking they are town. So I guess what I'm saying is get over it.

Panzerjager, 475 wrote:
xvart wrote:Scum motivated behaviors you have exhibited:
  3. Justifying actions after the fact with information not available and unprovable;
  4. Knowing someone's town alignment
    ;
  5. Directing a possible vig kill to a single individual
    ; and,

I didn't see where he knew someone's alignment
Directing the vig is fine at this point, still saying Toro should vig Jakesh

Directing a vig kill is highly scummy because it is very easily manipulated by scum night actions. I've explained in great detail several times about him "knowing" my alignment. Hell, it isn't even so much that he knows I'm town but his defense of it is super scummy. Be that as it may, do you believe he has exhibited the other behaviors on my list and do you find those behaviors to be indicative of scum?
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:36 pm

Post by hiplop »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: hoppstr
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by vollkan »

Panzerjager wrote:
Sundy wrote:I know nobody liked the idea of a Panzerjager wagon last time, but I thought I would bring it up again.

Number 378: Requests self-vig from someone who would prove they are telling the truth by performing this vig
Number 386: Says that Elfen replacement cannot change what Elfen did, even though earlier he said that there is no real evidence either way on Elfen
Number 395: Votes xvart saying, "did not even notice all that." notice what!? Hoppster made a long defensive post that basically reiterated what he already posted, so what new is there to gain? Called out on this by SK and Xvart, gives weak defense
Number 447: FOS on Hiplop with some weird views on meta & sample sizes
TO SUM UP
: did anyone really follow his train of thought with the votes on Xvart, CC, and now Hiplop??

1) Empking suggested the self-vig first. I went with it. That sorts out those fake vig claims really quick, especially from a player as scummy as Toro.
2) I don't like replacements in general. They are a necessary but heavy burden. Elfen was straight unreadable because he was an idiot. I don't care if fucking Yosarian or Glork replace in, they aren't gonna make Elfen less of an idiot, even if they play the straight up townest game one can play. The spot is still tainted. And If we choose to clear the idiocy, we could be giving the scum a pass and the game. This is an awkward view, but (since you are on about meta too) meta me. I think PBuG and most other players who have played with me(which is still most the game) can attest to the fact that I hold replacement spots as far more scummy then regular spots. Most people that replace out are either caught scum or someone who never showed up in the beginning. Also, we established that Toro should be shooting Jakesh.
3) I don't think those are weird views. You can't predict behavior based on such a small sample size. If I get in a fight when I'm drunk, it's unfair to assume I always fight when i'm drunk based on one incident. Why do you think psychologist use samples of 100s even 1000s in their studies? Because 1 incident doesn't mean there is a correalation. Also didn't we go over the weird=/=scummy thing before(this applies to 2 and 3)?

Also, is tunneling the only thing you stop lurking to do?

1) This makes no sense. The problem with self-vigging is obvious - if they are lying, they will not do it, and if they are telling the truth they SHOULDN'T do it. I also don't see why you bring up the fact that EK suggested it first. How is that at all relevant to your actions?
2) I agree with you here (see the fact that Elfen's replacement keeps ELfen's points).Though, I don't think you are really responding to Sundy's points which is that you "Says that Elfen replacement cannot change what Elfen did, even though...he said that there is no real evidence either way on Elfen".

Hiplop wrote:
Vollkan wrote: I don't get how you can not like meta and yet be prepared to make a meta argument based off only a couple of games. Normally, not liking meta would make you even more obsessed with getting a comprehensive set of data, but here you are judging panzer based on almost nothing...

I didn't make an argument about it though, i mentioned it quickly in one of my reads. The main things i was looking at were his posts, hes blowing things out of proportion.

Hiplop+5

Focusses on the semantics ("It wasn't an argument!") rather than on the main point - which is quite clearly that his attitude on meta is inconsistent.

(Also, FWIW, an argument is any set of premise/s leading to a conclusion. For example:
- Premise 1 : He plays a certain way as scum.
- Premise 2: He isn't playing that way here
- Conclusion: Therefore, he isn't scum here)

Xvart wrote:
Scum motivated behaviors you have exhibited:
4. Knowing someone's town alignment;
5. Directing a possible vig kill to a single individual; and,

What's puzzling me here is that your initial case convinced me, but Hoppster's rebuttal seemed clear enough. However, I am now worried that, not having the ability to keep up with your walls (I've been reading them, but it's just hard to follow), I am missing something important on hoppster. It especially concerns me because the sort of tells you are identifying are precisely the type that I consider most important as scumtells.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:58 pm

Post by PJ. »

@Xvart: the others are indicative of scum, but I feel CC and Hiplop are much more scummy at this point in time.

@Volkann

1) Pointing that Emp did it was a way of saying why I'm the only one answering for it. Also, If he doesn't do it, we lynch him for being scum, if he's town he should do it because he obviously played poorly enough and anti-town enough to be a detriment thus should martyr himself for the town. Also, it prevents him from mis-vigging anyone. On a more mafia theory related note, I generally think vig's are a detriment to the town due to them generally hitting town.
2) Oh don't get me wrong, he was incredi-scummy but it could be because he was an idiot. I'm not sure if he was idiot scum or idiot town, and I feel that if a super talented player comes in it could cause us to clear him because we will write off Elfen's scumminess because he was an idiot. I guess calling for a vig is the wrong play but we should definently take that spot very very seriously.
Sundy
Sundy
Goon
Sundy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:27 pm

Post by Sundy »

Panzerjager wrote:1) Pointing that Emp did it was a way of saying why I'm the only one answering for it.

For me, what you said was worse than Empking. He said it first, but almost off-hand. Only
two minutes later
, he changed his mind to suggest taking out a lurker. You took the suggestion a lot more seriously, and even after giving yourself an entire day to think it over, you still set up an entire separate vote-count devoted to the idea of having him vig himself. You always took the idea a lot more seriously than Empking did. However, there are 2-3 things in your post above that are improving my impression of you.

Volkan wrote:What's puzzling me here is that your initial case convinced me, but Hoppster's rebuttal seemed clear enough. However, I am now worried that, not having the ability to keep up with your walls (I've been reading them, but it's just hard to follow), I am missing something important on hoppster. It especially concerns me because the sort of tells you are identifying are precisely the type that I consider most important as scumtells.

This reads as off to me. If you are so WORRIED and ESPECIALLY CONCERNED, why do you not just read through xvart points on Hoppster again? Or better yet, make up your own mind independently? Why express all this agony about whether or not you might be missing something on Hoppster, and go do some research for yourself to find out??
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:05 pm

Post by vollkan »

PJ wrote:
1) Pointing that Emp did it was a way of saying why I'm the only one answering for it. Also, If he doesn't do it, we lynch him for being scum, if he's town he should do it because he obviously played poorly enough and anti-town enough to be a detriment thus should martyr himself for the town. Also, it prevents him from mis-vigging anyone. On a more mafia theory related note, I generally think vig's are a detriment to the town due to them generally hitting town.

But you're forgetting that one-shot scum would be bizarre. Thus, if we let him make a free choice tonight, there is still a prospect that he will hit scum and, moreover, his claim is easily tested if he is faking it.

Sundy wrote:
This reads as off to me. If you are so WORRIED and ESPECIALLY CONCERNED, why do you not just read through xvart points on Hoppster again? Or better yet, make up your own mind independently? Why express all this agony about whether or not you might be missing something on Hoppster, and go do some research for yourself to find out??

I thought I had understood it when I gave Hopp the initial 7, then he made a decent rebuttal. The thing is that xvart seems convinced that he has a strong case, but for the most part Hopp's rebuttals are also reasonable-sounding. You're just being unrealistic if you think that the solution to enablingn people to follow a lengthy wall debate is "READ IT!". I say this as someone who has wall debates a lot myself - they are next to useless for persuading other people.

I guess one solution would be if xvart just provided slightly more detail onto his list (explaining each tell briefly), and then Hopp responded on each - rather than this debate getting drawn out any further. They're both convinced of their own positions, but, if I can't understand it, I'll wager that it isn't making all that much sense to most others.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:25 pm

Post by PJ. »

vollkan wrote:
PJ wrote:

But you're forgetting that one-shot scum would be bizarre. Thus, if we let him make a free choice tonight, there is still a prospect that he will hit scum and, moreover, his claim is easily tested if he is faking it.

SK could easily just make 1 kill and let it go. Scum could just claim he was blocked. How else would you test it?
Sundy
Sundy
Goon
Sundy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:38 pm

Post by Sundy »

vollkan wrote:I thought I had understood it when I gave Hopp the initial 7, then he made a decent rebuttal. The thing is that xvart seems convinced that he has a strong case, but for the most part Hopp's rebuttals are also reasonable-sounding. You're just being unrealistic if you think that the solution to enablingn people to follow a lengthy wall debate is "READ IT!". I say this as someone who has wall debates a lot myself - they are next to useless for persuading other people.

I guess one solution would be if xvart just provided slightly more detail onto his list (explaining each tell briefly), and then Hopp responded on each - rather than this debate getting drawn out any further. They're both convinced of their own positions, but, if I can't understand it, I'll wager that it isn't making all that much sense to most others.

To some extent I do understand this. It is what I was getting at when I compared Toro/Empking to Hoppster/Xvart here. Do you have a read on Hoppster outside of the Xvart fight?

PJ wrote:SK could easily just make 1 kill and let it go. Scum could just claim he was blocked. How else would you test it?

Mod: can you tell us whether double-targeting is allowed?

If it is not allowed, then the "I was role-blocked" defense will only work once, if we are willing to give Toro another night given that things do not go as we expect tomorrow.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:00 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

Sundy wrote:
Mod: can you tell us whether double-targeting is allowed?

were I to include a role with 2 active abilities, which i am neither confirming nor denying, then It might be possible for them to submit 2 actions during a night phase. However a role which could do this I am neither confirming nor denying.

~Screwtape
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:01 pm

Post by PJ. »

I'm not sure that was what he is getting at also he is one shot so I'm assuming if his shot is blocked that's the end of it.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”