The Mask
Goon
The Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:33 pm

Post by The Mask »

Unvote

vezokpiraka wrote:Yeah. earworm is scum.

unvote
vote earworm

He is voting Cobblerfone hoping to get a bigger wagon going.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 4#p3138284

Earworm votes first, then you. :facepalm:

I'm still unable to come out a lot. The only reason I haven't replaced out is because I vested more time into this than the New York game some of you may also have been/are in. Plus I don't mind the slow pace of this game since it guarantees I won't have lots of reading when I am able to pop online.

It's been a while but I don't see much from jily, and I would say you are turning into a deserving suspect. I'm feeling robbed of reads at this point, and the answer you gave for not voting at all D1 set me off.

Surye, I would like for you not to tunnel another person into the ground today. Though I will say Peregrine's reason for voting Nocmen is lightweight to me. Nocmen believing earworm's motivation =/= Nocmen believing earworm's yet-to-be-said reason for picking Ironhead.

Earworm it should go without saying but I need to say it anyway. Do NOT state who you are hiding behind each night. If they are killed along with you, it's a double bye-bye. I thought to recommend breadcrumbs but even those could be picked up by scum just the same as anyone else.

Anyone that I don't mention a lot are people I have no issue with. The next person in line for my vote would be jily. Not liking how she apparently misunderstood me asking why she never voted as a request to wagon onto DK.

Pine, don't you earworm would run the risk of being exposed if Ironhead isn't town? Even if Ironhead isn't aligned with earworm (SK vs. mafia) Ironhead would know earworm was lying..even better, if there was something like a cop guilty on Ironhead and we lynched him and he didn't flip town, earworm is dead meat. All the combined factors don't lead to earworm lying, in my opinion. If you're just giving him suggestions on what to do as hider, then sorry for butting in.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:37 pm

Post by Empking »

Vote Count 23

Cobblerfone (1) - earworm
Pine
Nocmen (1) - PeregrineV
TheMask
Quilford
Surye
jilynne1991
vezokprika (1) - Ironhead
earworm (2) - Pine, vezokprika
C-Worl
PeregrineV (1) - Surye
Ironhead
sorasgoof

Not Voting: Quilford, jilynne1991 C-Worl, sorasgoof, TheMask, Nocmen, Cobblerfone

With 13 alive, its 7 to lynch.
Last edited by Empking on Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:44 pm

Post by Surye »

The Mask wrote:Surye, I would like for you not to tunnel another person into the ground today. Though I will say Peregrine's reason for voting Nocmen is lightweight to me. Nocmen believing earworm's motivation =/= Nocmen believing earworm's yet-to-be-said reason for picking Ironhead.

That's not the only reason I am voting him. I don't care what you would like personally. Though I do appreciate you addressing my vote and reads, I seem to be ignored a lot in this game by everyone else in the town :P But until I have a better target for my vote and case, I will continue to be vocal about it.

The Mask wrote:Pine, don't you earworm would run the risk of being exposed if Ironhead isn't town? Even if Ironhead isn't aligned with earworm (SK vs. mafia) Ironhead would know earworm was lying..even better, if there was something like a cop guilty on Ironhead and we lynched him and he didn't flip town, earworm is dead meat. All the combined factors don't lead to earworm lying, in my opinion. If you're just giving him suggestions on what to do as hider, then sorry for butting in.

Unless you suggest lynching him today, all of this is moot without NK flips.
earworm
earworm
Goon
earworm
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by earworm »

Pine wrote:No. Iron was a terrible pick.

Hiders are weak investigative roles. You don't hide behind your Town reads, you don't hide behind your scum reads. You investigate a null read to get information and a clear.

Hiding behind a Town read is purely self-preserving, and gains the Town nothing.

He was a town-ish read for me. I thought about going for ShadowGuru but I thought there was a good chance that he would die. He certainly wasn't as strong of a read for me as some of you might have had him. Honestly I think it's pointless trying to shoot for scum as the hider since it won't give the town any information at all, especially if I hadn't of claimed at that point.

Don't like Peregrine's latest vote. Seems weak. Starting to see Surye's point.

I'm done giving Vezo a free ride because he's a VI. He's been playing bad all game (nothing new here), but these two posts today are just headscratchers.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Vezo
Overall:1-2-0
Town:0-1-0
Scum:1-1-0
Other:0-0-0
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:46 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

The Mask wrote:Anyone that I don't mention a lot are people I have no issue with. The next person in line for my vote would be jily. Not liking how she apparently misunderstood me asking why she never voted as a request to wagon onto DK.

Why aren't you voting her then?

earworm wrote:I'm done giving Vezo a free ride because he's a VI. He's been playing bad all game (nothing new here), but these two posts today are just headscratchers.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Vezo

I was going to say let the Vig take care of him. But, then I realized they could be dead. Still, I don't feel like wasting a lynch on a six.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:29 am

Post by Empking »

C-Worl be replaced
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:45 am

Post by PeregrineV »

You guys are right. I'm just tired.

And I agree with Cobbler's case on Vezo.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:02 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

PeregrineV wrote:You guys are right. I'm just tired.

Backpedaling?

VOTE: Peregrine

Also,

Cobblerfone wrote:Peregrine as a replacement, what are your thoughts on the rest of the players?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:38 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Cobblerfone wrote:

Backpedaling?

VOTE: Peregrine

Also,

Cobblerfone wrote:Peregrine as a replacement, what are your thoughts on the rest of the players?

Not sure how being wrong = backpedaling. I'm not wrong, but I've been told not to talk about it. You can't have it both ways.

I'll do a readlist in the next few days. My biggest town reads are/were Iron and Sathoris (who died last night).
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:22 am

Post by Amrun »

Today is post or die. Working on it now. I apologize. Life is getting the best of me.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:48 am

Post by Nocmen »

Vote: jilynne1991

I want to hear more from her, not liking this dissappearance.

Need to do another analysis on Cobbler, vezok, and Peregrine though.
earworm
earworm
Goon
earworm
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:11 pm

Post by earworm »

@VEZO: get your ass in here and explain yourself dammit.

If you agree that you are wrong why are you still voting him?

Amrun wrote:Today is post or die. Working on it now. I apologize. Life is getting the best of me.

Nocmen wrote:

Jily's had terrible activity in all of her games lately. It's pretty null.
Overall:1-2-0
Town:0-1-0
Scum:1-1-0
Other:0-0-0
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by Amrun »

OKAY GUYS.

I felt extra bad about procastinating here, so I did nearly a pbpa. It is optional, but not required, reading.

However, before I fully unveil it, I have an important question to ask PeregrineV: How do you think the traitor mechanic works?

Until he answers this question, if you are bored, you may read my thoughts on Day 1 as I read through. You don't actually have to, as I will post a summary and re-post any outstanding questions after Peregrine answers my question. These were mostly notes for myself, but I figured since I took the time to do them, I might as well make it available for public consumption. It clearly details my evolving reads etc.

Spoiler: Day 1 Reactions
Jil disagreeing with someone, like in post 52, is town points for her, even though in post 57, I dislike her concern for hpw townie she appears to others.

Cobbler's 59 is an excessively townie post.

Jackalope's 70 is bad - reads like scum nervous at other players being declared town, trying to sow the seeds of paranoia and dissension. Do not like.

Agree with earworm's 72, but correct theory can come from either alignment. Similar with Surye's 79.

Cworl's 82 is a lot of complaining without any actual effort towards moving the game forward. In other words, it gives the appearance of being pro-town without actually being so. Unsure whether or not this is an intentional smokescreen, though.

I like Surye's 86.

Mask's 91 makes me really uncomfortable - sk or traitor suspicion out of nowhere? Why not scum? Very strange and makes Mask far more likely scum in my eyes.

Cobbler's 95 is bad. Too concerned with how others think.

Surye's 97: Why answer for jil?

Surye's 98 indirectly defends Cobbler.

Nocmen's 107: Why is discussion of theory revolving around RVs WIFOM in any way, shape, or form? Why did you feel the need to point it out? What conclusion are you attempting to draw, and why didn't you state that conclusion instead of leaving it vague?

Nocmen's 110 expands on the WIFOM point, but it isn't WIFOM. At all. This is a reach. Most of what I don't like about it is the sideways manner in which he attacks earworm. It's too indirect. (Edit: Answered in 228, but I still don't like the answer.)

vezok's 116 is hilarious. "Douche asshole shit."

Don't necessarily agree with Ironhead's 121, but this post and the rest of his posting give me a townread on him. (Similar with CMAR, but I haven't bothered commenting on that since CMAR is now dead.)

Sathoris' 124 is bad. The theory part where he disagrees with Cobbler's massclaim idea is fine, but neutral, but the way he "notes" the fact that Cobbler proposed a potentially bad idea rubs me the wrong way. Sathoris' vote is on CMAR for a very weak reason; why not back this up with a vote on Cobbler?

Vezok's 125-126 give me a fairly strong townread on vezok. Both him and Cobblerfone are attempting to break the game and feeling it out in a way that seems genuine.

Surye's 131 is :goodposting:, particularly about Sorasgoof and Jackalope. I don't necessarily agree with everying Surye says in this post, but it is a townie post.

Mask 134 gives me more a sense of "trying to look pro-town" than actually being pro-town. "Well I thought of this idea but I just realized it sucks, but I'll post about it anyway!" Also dislike the use of smilies and the attack on Surye - and he waits until post 135 to lay down a vote. Why?

C-Worl 138 shows a little bit of effort, at least. Feels genuine. His defense of himself in 140 is sufficient.

earworm 144 is a good post.

DeityKabuto 151 - THAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU SAY ABOUT THE GAME?! a;lkfa;sdlfj This is why I could not replace in when he was alive.

Ironhead 153 is :goodposting:

Cobbler 154: CMAR isn't a goon or serial killer? What the fuck? How could you EVER come to that conclusion? (Edit: Answered in 159. I don't like the answer, but it exists.)

Nocmen's 156 makes no sense.

Cobbler's vote on Surye in 166 is bad.

Nocmen's 174 is blatantly incorrect. Ironically, he is accusing Surye of not reading carefully, when Surye is doing so and Nocmen is not. (Edit: Addressed in 184.)

Cobbler's 189 is bad because I've played with Cobblertown and he had plenty of suspicions of his own. Everyone has SOME suspicions... Even as scum, he expressed suspicions, as well as when he was town.

Cobbler 192: People did suspect you in Cthulhu, though.

I like Nocmen's 194.

Sora 196 is valid, though a little late.

Sathoris 199 is terrible. How is not caring what people think a scumtell? This is a towntell, especially in jilynne. Also, she votes jily for having few scumreads, and then fencesits on Cobbler HARDCORE without mentioning that Cobbler did the exact same thing Sathoris is voting jily for, and further into the game with a lot more thought put into it.

Nocmen 200 is a good post.

Sathoris 209 resolves some outstanding issues from 199.

Mask 222 annoys me. I'M NOT LURKING LOLOLOL *proceeds to lurk*

Sora 224 is :goodposting:

Ironhead 227: I don't understand the supposed case on earworm at all, at this point.

Nocmen's 228: Wait, if you could vote for both earworm and Cobblerfone, you would? You see no confliction here? At all?

earworm 223: Though I generally agree with most of earworm's theory discussions, his posts are notably sparse of any sort of scumhunting thus far.

wredfar 225: Notes one of the things I previously noted in C-Worl, which gives me good vibes.

Sathoris 239: WHY DO YOU STILL NOT NOTE THAT COBBLER DID THE SAME THING? After you supposedly agreed with Nocmen about something he was saying about this, you should be referencing both jil and Cobbler when you talk of scumless lists, and yet you are not. This indicates that you are not genuinely scumhunting and just sheeped Nocmen's posts about Cobbler that were happening last time you were on to bolster your case - which basically says that your case is entirely fabricated.

Pine 243: VT claim. Ew.

Pine 245 is poor reasoning.

Pine 247 is WIFOM but I find it oddly convincing.

Pine 249: Your sample size is too small. He actually completed SpyreX's Dynasty Warriors first, and even though he won, he wasn't a townread by far. Speed Mafia is another completed scumgame in which he was far from a universal townread.

Sathoris 251 shows he is following anything shiny. Shows no conviction in his reads. Pine vote isn't terrible, though.

Pine 274 is valid.

Nocmen 277 is a stretch.

CMAR 282: Aw, CMAR is a youngin'.

Ironhead 286: Why aren't you advancing the game?

Sathoris 287 is okay.

Nocmen 291: The repeating of not wanting to vote Pine "right now" is a little weird.

Sora 304 is bad. Willfully not advancing the gamestate or scumhunting.

CWorl 319 is weak.

320 is Mask's underwhelming catchup post in which he manages to completely misread Surye, full of old news and distractions about 13 year olds and alts.

Mask 333 is hypocritical and a bad case. LOL SETUP SPEC IS BAD RIGHT GAIZ? Reads like he ISOed Surye, picked a couple of things that looked vaguely scummy to talk about, and winged it.

DK 337 makes me laugh.

Cworl 346 is more complaining about the gamestate without doing anything to advance it. He's still doing reaction-testy, RVS-type votes and then complaining that no one is close to a lynch.

Ironhead 352 is guilty of exactly the same thing.

Mask 365 makes me conflicted. It seems like he is defending DK, which upon first read, allotted him townpoints, but on second read, he seems TOO SURE - and is giving DK townpoints for the same thing he is giving Surye scumpoints for. BUT he's open about that. I just wish he'd explain it because I am confused.

Mask 366: Aaaand 3 minutes later he shamelessly bandwagons DK.

Mask 373: No, that is not what distancing means.

Mask 374: He makes a good point - why isn't jily voting? This is a scumtell I've observed in her, but I feel otherwise townie about her ... though I can't recall her scumreads and that is a bad sign.

jil 387: Openly calling DK a policy lynch, has no suspects. Ugh.

Sora 385: The active lurking is getting really old.

Pine 399: Has no one even commented on Pine's stupid claim?

DK 403-404: Actual scumhunting. Color me surprised.

DK 412: Aaaand this is the DK I know and blacklist.

PeregrineV 449: How do you know DK is claiming his real role and is not scum? (Edit: Answered in 454, but badly.)

Surye 450-451 is :goodposting:

Sathoris 470 is good.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:38 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

earworm wrote:
@VEZO: get your ass in here and explain yourself dammit.

If you agree that you are wrong why are you still voting him?

Amrun wrote:Today is post or die. Working on it now. I apologize. Life is getting the best of me.

Nocmen wrote:

Jily's had terrible activity in all of her games lately. It's pretty null.

What do you want exaplined?
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Ironhead
Ironhead
Goon
Ironhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:13 am

Post by Ironhead »

vezokpiraka wrote:What do you want exaplined?

I would like for you to address the point Mask raised in #550. You followed earworm in voting Cobblerfone in your post #479; I note that you did not provide a justification at all (though you did "unvote," despite not having cast a vote yet today). Then in your post #535, you hop on the earworm wagon with the justification of "He is voting Cobblerfone hoping to get a bigger wagon going." This justification is patently absurd, because earworm was the first one to vote Cobblerfone; and
you
were the one to join him in voting Cobblerfone!

I've never played a Mafia game with you before, and so to my virgin eyes you appear to be obvious scum. But I get the impression that others in this game are hesitant to consider you scum instead of (young/inexperienced/foreign/unintelligent/mentally handicapped). Why would they think that? What have you done in the past to make Cobblerfone say "I don't feel like wasting a lynch on a six"?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:26 am

Post by Amrun »

Oookay, so, I made a dumb mistake in thinking, so my question to Peregrine isn't as important anymore, though I would still like him to answer it.

Here are my Day 2 notes:

Spoiler: Day 2 Reactions

Ironhead 476: WHY do you believe scum are more likely to join the wagon after the role reveal? However, limiting his scumhunting pool to a pool of players that includes himself doesn't seem very scummy.

earworm 485: How could they? Why are you rolefishing?

Nocmen 489: What about earworm's post was suspicious?

Cobbler 490: Dislike the vote on earworm, but he makes a good point about Iron.

Mask 495: Blatant sheeping.

Surye 510 :goodposting:

Iron 512 :goodposting:

Peregrine 514 totally dodges the point. The issue is that PeregrineV showed far too much certainty in talking about DK's alignment, not whether the lynch was going through or not. HOWEVER, thinking CMAR is the traitor is idiotic and my gut tells me not understanding the traitor mechanic is probably a towntell, though it could be faked. UGH. I was so convinced PV was was scum until the end of this post. (Edit: this towntell is now invalid.)

earworm 515: Why did you emptyquote 514? (Edit: Answered in 518, though I don't get it.)

Nocmen 516 sucks.

Peregrine 525 also sucks. Shows no motivation to do original scumhunting, and his jab at Surye is just plain silly and insanely hypocritical.

earworm 536: Okay, good to know. Had townreads on both of these, so not entirely surprised.

Ironhead 537: Do you have any previous experience playing with vezok?

Peregrine 542 is flawed, but not scummy.

Pine 549 is incorrect theory. Hiders should go for townreads when there is no hider tracker in the set-up.

Mask 550 is good.[/vote]

Conclusions/outstanding questions/votes to come in next post.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:27 am

Post by Amrun »

SHIT. Mod, can you fix that spoiler tag? Sorry!
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:41 am

Post by Amrun »

Questions:

Mask: In your post 91, why did you leap to traitor or SK rather than scum? In post 365, why did you allot Surye scumpoints and DK townpoints for the exact same thing? Why then did you vote DK 3 minutes later? Also, you are definitely using the term "distancing" incorrectly.

Nocmen: In your post 228, did you see no confliction in being willing to vote for both Earworm and Cobbler? As stated in 48, what about earworm's post was suspicious?

Ironhead 476: WHY do you believe scum are more likely to join the wagon after the role reveal?

Pine: WHY did you claim VT?!
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:43 am

Post by Amrun »

Jilynne: Please give reads on every player in the game.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:46 am

Post by Amrun »

EBWOP: I am asking about your post about earworm today, 489, not 48, Nocmen.

Sorry for the disorganization; I'm working from my phone.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:54 am

Post by Amrun »

Reads:

SCUM

PeregrineV - Shows no interest in finding scum; probably slipped about DK's alignment.

Mask - Has soome good posts, but they are far outweighed with bad posts. Suspecting CMAR of being traitor or SK earned him a lot of scumpoints.

Nocmen - His general pushes are pretty lazy and never very solid.

Sorasgoof - Had one very good post and has active lurked ever since, willfully not advancing the gamestate.

Pine - Weird claim, hasn't contributed as much as I know he is able.

Jilynne - Has dropped some towntells, but also scumtells, such as lack of suspicion/vote.

C-Worl - Being replaced, but offered little content in favor of complaining.

Surye - I feel confident Surye is pro-town.

Earworm - Claimed Hider; I believe him.

Ironhead - Declared innocent; I believe it.

TOWN

VOTE: PeregrineV
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:57 am

Post by Amrun »

I forgot vezok; put him below C-Worl and above Surye.

In addition, I found CMAR/SG very townie and Sathoris quite scummy.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:02 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Amrun wrote:Peregrine 514 ... HOWEVER, thinking CMAR is the traitor is idiotic and my gut tells me not understanding the traitor mechanic is probably a towntell, though it could be faked. UGH. I was so convinced PV was was scum until the end of this post. (Edit: this towntell is now invalid.)

Wait, what did he misunderstand?

Also, you forgot me.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:18 am

Post by Amrun »

I forgot something about the set-up myself. :oops:

He didn't misunderstand anything.