Newbie 1104 -- Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:02 am

Post by Morthas »

HAylen wrote:What crumbs? I don't pick up on crumbs until I'm looking for them. No, I haven't had time to look for them yet.

Haylen wrote:And if Muffin really is town, then he needs to review his arrogance.

Haylen wrote:Right. So if we go by muffin being investigated my Forest_Air, that makes him town and TS scum.

2 things wrong with that,
1st you say that you didn't look for crumbs where you obviously already did look.
2nd You change your stance on Muffin in 2 posts.

I'm buying into Muffin's case against you Haylen, especially after Gbdevil's post. I
I'm getting the feeling Haylen is flailing, right so I'll be happy to hammer once everyone agrees
Capitalism, ho
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:04 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

No. I just got through saying don't hammer her.

Twisted, do me a favour and unvote. I want to properly think this through.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
gbevilchaos
gbevilchaos
Goon
gbevilchaos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:12 am

Post by gbevilchaos »

Twistedspoon wrote:I call everyoe comradé, compadré, amigo etc.
It's in most of my games

I do it in RL too. It's my thing

Hasn't Haylen played with you before? I thought you mentioned that when she joined.
noragar
noragar
Goon
noragar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:20 am

Post by noragar »

In much the same way that I became more and more convinced of Otolia's guilt while Otolia and Twisted were going back and forth at the end of Day 1, I'm getting the same vibes from Haylen in this latest interaction since yesterday.

I'm curious what else Muffin has to say, so I'll honor his wishes and hold my vote until he makes that post, but that's the direction I'm leaning at this point.

I still see Muffin as the least likely scum based on forest's investigation, and I still don't see Twisted as scum after re-reading the vigor that he used when going after Otolia when there were still other options.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:45 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

zMuffinMan wrote:No. I just got through saying don't hammer her.

Twisted, do me a favour and unvote. I want to properly think this through.

Like how I did you a favour and voted Espe? :igmeou:

you had better explain this Muffin. I thought you had this sorted. What's the problem now?
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:49 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

UNVOTE:

Methinks this near-confirmed town thing might be going to your head Muffin. What revelation have you had and aren't sharing?

~Screwtape
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:06 am

Post by Morthas »

When i was saying ''everyone agrees'' i included you Muffin :roll:
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:07 am

Post by Morthas »

Screw my grammar.
Capitalism, ho
gbevilchaos
gbevilchaos
Goon
gbevilchaos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:17 am

Post by gbevilchaos »

Morthas wrote:Screw my grammar.

At least you spelled grammar right.

gbevilchaos wrote:
It's in most of my games

Hasn't Haylen played with you before? I thought you mentioned that when she joined.

Comment please TS, because if you've played with Haylen before, she should know your meta to some degree and that you tend to call people names like compadre or comrade. This is important to some degree, as it could show her trying to be manipulative in throwing her case together against you.

Morthas wrote:Gbdevil's post.

gb evil chaos, no devil in there :lol:

@Haylen: Still want a detailed case against TS if you think there is one.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:20 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

gbevilchaos wrote:
gbevilchaos wrote:
It's in most of my games

Comment please TS, because if you've played with Haylen before, she should know your meta to some degree and that you tend to call people names like compadre or comrade. This is important to some degree, as it could show her trying to be manipulative in throwing her case together against you.

I've only played one game before with haylen. I didn't post much (it was my first large game) and she replaced in. So maybe not.

Fixed quote tag ~~NS
Last edited by Nobody Special on Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

~Screwtape
gbevilchaos
gbevilchaos
Goon
gbevilchaos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:29 am

Post by gbevilchaos »

Twistedspoon wrote:
gbevilchaos wrote:Comment please TS, because if you've played with Haylen before, she should know your meta to some degree and that you tend to call people names like compadre or comrade. This is important to some degree, as it could show her trying to be manipulative in throwing her case together against you.

I've only played one game before with haylen. I didn't post much (it was my first large game) and she replaced in. So maybe not.

Alright then, I guess that doesn't apply.
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:32 am

Post by Morthas »

Evil wrote:gb evil chaos, no devil in there

Have i been reading your name wrong all game long? No matter, you're still evil
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:34 am

Post by Morthas »

@Haylen: May you link to one or two games where you died of a horrible mislynch?
@Twisted: From the game that you did play with Haylen, can you draw the conclusion that she indeed has an emotional response to pressure?
Capitalism, ho
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:45 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Morthas wrote:
@Twisted: From the game that you did play with Haylen, can you draw the conclusion that she indeed has an emotional response to pressure?

i dunno

she was caught as scum because a tracker caught her making a nightkill. Can't argue with that :p
I'm not an expert on the subject of Haylen's emotions really :neutral:

~Screwtape
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:58 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

So I've been debating how best to approach this issue.

And I can't really see a way to explain why I think Haylen is town without outing my role. I also think there's a very good chance I've been rolecopped by now, anyway.

I'm doc, and I protected Twisted N1. (I also protected him N2 because I had a hunch that the reason Haylen never ISO'd Twisted or chkflip/me is because she rolecopped me N1 and the kill on Twisted was blocked - it made sense at the time)

Now, there are a few reasons I think this means Haylen is town.

The first, and most obvious reason to me, which I was talking about on the last page, is the Twisted-Muffin ultimatum. Haylen-scum knows there's no way in hell Twisted is getting lynched, and pushing for a lynch on the person Haylen-scum tried to NK N1 makes absolutely no sense. It makes even less sense for Haylen-scum to give up on me being scum due to f_a's crumbs and immediately attack Twisted.

The second reason I think Haylen is town is because she forgot about the lack of NK N1. Although this could very well have been a ploy by Haylen-scum, it
looked
genuine to me, and there's no way Haylen-scum would have forgotten about the lack of NK N1.

Also, now that I actually think about it, Twisted was a bad NK choice for Haylen-scum, anyway. It should have been fairly obvious that he was the most likely target for any protective PR that exists in the game. It looks more like a mistake newb-scum would make than Haylen-scum. Also Twisted seemed very ready to be all buddy-buddy with Haylen, so I'm more inclined to believe she would have used that to her advantage in this game than go for a NK on him.

This is why I don't think Haylen is scum, although kudos to her if she is scum; she outplayed me here. Also, Twisted, I am disappointed. I crumbed it so hard when I entered this game. I even dropped a Quaroath reference in my ISO#14 (#498) that I expected you to immediately pick up on, given the timing. Tsk, tsk.

The fact that numerous people came out at the beginning of this day phase explaining that I must be town because of f_a's crumbing gives me a bad, bad feeling. I want to look over it again.

I need to go back and look at CC+Morthas again. And I need to re-evaluate my read on noragar. I also want to go over Twisted's ISO and look at why one of those three would have gone after Twisted N1. Out of gb, noragar and Morthas, I'd say Morthas is most likely scum here. But now that I've outed myself, I actually want to think this through and end this today rather than going to MyLo.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:23 pm

Post by Morthas »

So Twisted is more or less confirmed town? Sweet.
I say it's either EVIL or Haylen, going to put more effort in Isoing evil sometime today,
@Haylen: i want a few game links from you (preferably not large games)
Capitalism, ho
gbevilchaos
gbevilchaos
Goon
gbevilchaos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:16 am

Post by gbevilchaos »

zMuffinMan wrote:So I've been debating how best to approach this issue.

And I can't really see a way to explain why I think Haylen is town without outing my role. I also think there's a very good chance I've been rolecopped by now, anyway.

I'm doc, and I protected Twisted N1. (I also protected him N2 because I had a hunch that the reason Haylen never ISO'd Twisted or chkflip/me is because she rolecopped me N1 and the kill on Twisted was blocked - it made sense at the time)

Now, there are a few reasons I think this means Haylen is town.

The first, and most obvious reason to me, which I was talking about on the last page, is the Twisted-Muffin ultimatum. Haylen-scum knows there's no way in hell Twisted is getting lynched, and pushing for a lynch on the person Haylen-scum tried to NK N1 makes absolutely no sense. It makes even less sense for Haylen-scum to give up on me being scum due to f_a's crumbs and immediately attack Twisted.

The second reason I think Haylen is town is because she forgot about the lack of NK N1. Although this could very well have been a ploy by Haylen-scum, it
looked
genuine to me, and there's no way Haylen-scum would have forgotten about the lack of NK N1.

Also, now that I actually think about it, Twisted was a bad NK choice for Haylen-scum, anyway. It should have been fairly obvious that he was the most likely target for any protective PR that exists in the game. It looks more like a mistake newb-scum would make than Haylen-scum. Also Twisted seemed very ready to be all buddy-buddy with Haylen, so I'm more inclined to believe she would have used that to her advantage in this game than go for a NK on him.

This is why I don't think Haylen is scum, although kudos to her if she is scum; she outplayed me here. Also, Twisted, I am disappointed. I crumbed it so hard when I entered this game. I even dropped a Quaroath reference in my ISO#14 (#498) that I expected you to immediately pick up on, given the timing. Tsk, tsk.

The fact that numerous people came out at the beginning of this day phase explaining that I must be town because of f_a's crumbing gives me a bad, bad feeling. I want to look over it again.

I need to go back and look at CC+Morthas again. And I need to re-evaluate my read on noragar. I also want to go over Twisted's ISO and look at why one of those three would have gone after Twisted N1. Out of gb, noragar and Morthas, I'd say Morthas is most likely scum here. But now that I've outed myself, I actually want to think this through and end this today rather than going to MyLo.

Wasn't all this information available to you when you made your case? *facepalm*

Back to the drawing board.

I've had a town read from Morthas/CC the entire game, so out of those two I would have to go with noragar as the more likely scum.

So Muffin is confirmed town because F_A investigated him.
TS is confirmed town because Muffin protected him, resulting in a no kill.
Scum lies in (noragar, Hayl, Morthas).
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:23 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

gb wrote:Wasn't all this information available to you when you made your case?

No.

She only did the muffin-twisted dichotomy after I made the case and both Twisted and I voted for her.

As for her forgetting about the NK, that only came from me pointing it out when I made the case.

The third one I knew beforehand, but I was ignoring it because she still hasn't done ISOs on Twisted or chkflip/me, and it just seemed like a really huge coincidence.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:21 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

so who's the scum then muffin?

~Screwtape
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:16 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 3.03

Haylen - 1 - gbevilchaos
Twistedspoon - 1 - Haylen

Not Voting: noragar, Morthas, zMuffinMan, Twistedspoon

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline: July 11

V/LA: ...
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:49 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

You can always help me find him if you want. I'm not going to stop you. Like, you don't have to. It was just a suggestion.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:50 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

well what do you think of gbevil?

~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:58 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

did you protect me or did chkflip?

~Screwtape
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:34 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Obviously chkflip.

gb looks town. I just don't see gb-scum bussing Otolia as hard as he did D1, and some of the things he's been saying, especially lately, give me town vibes. Although I didn't like #841 much.

I'll be semi limited in terms of access this weekend (out of state friends here until thursday), so I'll get analyses done when I can.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:09 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

well then

you say gb isn't scum
you say haylen isn't scum
you say CC isn't scum