Neon Genesis Evangelion Mafia (Game Over)

Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:38 am

Post by Nocmen »

GreyICE wrote:Every read is neutral or scummy.

I'm not going to open a single one of those spoiler tags, and I'll be saner for it.

That's one of the initial issues I had with Kast. There are no solid town reads. That's being either too cautious or too wishy-washy.

Also Kast: I'm not saying Amrun is scummy because she's not on the leading wagon. I'm saying she's scummy because I don't like her reasoning behind her votes. Is there a problem if I actually ask and attack people who I'm not currently voting for?

Finally, in the summary of me, you mention: He reads like he is capable of much better town play than he is giving and I'd look forward to such a game in future. That makes it sounds like You think I'm town, but don't like the way I'm acting. Seems contradictory when you then vote me.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:44 am

Post by Kdub »

Day 1 - Vote Count #11

Amrun (1)
- animorpherv1
Kawaii (0)
-
GreyICE (2)
- malthusis, StevieT92
Antifinity (0)
-
Candle Jack (0)
-
populartajo (0)
-
kanyeknowsbest (0)
-
Nocmen (3)
- LobsterCatapult, ace5993, Kast
Surye (0)
-
Celebloki (0)
-
malthusis (0)
-
Starbuck (0)
-
ace5993 (0)
-
drewoftherushes (1)
- populartajo
ZeL1nK (0)
-
StevieT92 (9)
- vollkan, GhostWriter, Pomegranate, GreyICE, ZeL1nK, Candle Jack, Nocmen, Starbuck, Antifinity
GhostWriter (0)
-
SpyreX (0)
-
Kast (1)
- Surye
vollkan (0)
-
Pomegranate (0)
-
LobsterCatapult (1)
- Amrun
animorpherv1 (1)
- Celebloki
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (4)
- Kawaii, kanyeknowsbest, SpyreX, drewoftherushes

23 votes available, 12 votes needed to lynch

Deadline is July 18, ~ 10 am PDT
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:44 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Tajo: Nice to see you here, but onto more important stuff. Like, how the one time I'm mentioned in your post is this-
pome understanding the situation in iso41 but RANDOM VOTING is also scummy fos: pome.
, yet I'm on the list of 'people who need to die'. I need to dies for RVing? :?

And the same regarding Kast; he has to die for his wall-o-text posts?
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:54 am

Post by Amrun »

Vpom, I'd like to see your response to Kast.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:59 am

Post by Kast »

@GreyICE-
You are wrong.

@Surye-
This is one game I was referring to. The other I was mistaken. If you flake this one, it'll be 2/2. Good to see you are checking the thread despite being inactive. Follow through on your promise would be welcome.

@Zeln1k-
Stevie is playing like a n00b/weak player. He's unfamiliar with basic mafia theory and standard terminology. His analysis and logic are very poor, but nothing in it points scum; rather there's a lot of new/bad player tells.

@CandleJack-
-If you think there's something game relevant to post about my playstyle or any of my reads/positions, by all means post it. If you think it's irrelevant, then don't waste our time.
Also, here's an assignment for you, Kise:
Was this meant for me?

@Zito-
Disagreement != scum tell. You should know better than that :P

Also, do you seriously think drew is a reasonable lynch today, or is that vote mostly for show?

@Amrun-
Amrun wrote:if he will join me in wagoning Lobster or Nocmen.
Kast wrote:Also, it's mostly a token since I don't see anything overturning the Stevie-wagon at this point, but VOTE: Noc

@Noc-
Noc wrote:There are no solid town reads.
Solid town reads on D1 are silly. "Solid town reads" on D1 based solely on 1-2 RVS posts that are carried through the rest of the game are even sillier. Most of the "solid town reads" people are throwing around have been "Player X is always a good player and I agree with his post on P1/P2". They're silly but mostly harmless; though if they're maintained to future days without adjusting for newer posts they can become dangerous.
Noc wrote:Is there a problem if I actually ask and attack people who I'm not currently voting for?
There's a problem when you use your suspicion of Amrun as if it was a defense against my case/reads on you. My case/reads do not include your suspicion of Amrun as one of it's points except to emphasize that you are more concerned with appeasing others and blending with town, than actually finding/lynching scum.
Kast wrote:He reads like he is capable of much better town play than he is giving and I'd look forward to such a game in future.
Noc wrote:
That makes it sounds like You think I'm town
, but don't like the way I'm acting.
Why the hell would you think this? That's absolutely, completely 100% against everything I posted. Your posts show you are
capable
of giving good town play, but despite being capable of it you are NOT giving it (ie. you are probably not town).
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:00 am

Post by Kast »

EBWOP-
@Zeln1k-
Stevie is unfamiliar with terminology and has a some...odd interpretations...of basic theory.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Amrun »

Unvote; Vote Nocmen
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:23 am

Post by Pomegranate »

V/LA until (probably) Sunday.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:23 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Alrighty time to get back in the saddle after the crazy day.

First things first:

Enough people have posted that I've got no problem outing the whole deal:

Right before that VC, I got a PM saying something was intruding into my mind. Combine that with the paranoia of the VC error AND being tired and you get farther fetched ideas roaming around like it being a placement swap.

As it sits, I'm thinking that was a scum rolecop or something of that nature. I'd be flabbergasted if it was a town action.

I want this wagon to go through. Like I said I've claimed hammertime and dont think I'm gonna him and haw or wait for a claim for it.

----

On the other side and I'll quantify (or try where applicable) some of these reads but on the short list: ace, zel1nk, LC.

On the more awesome list: CJ, GI, Amrun, Kast, Tajo
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:42 pm

Post by ace5993 »

Kast wrote:Willingness to switch to Amrun (and lack of dedication to Noc wagon) stand in contrast to ace's previously stated self-belief about wagoning the best person for getting a reaction regardless of scumminess of the suspect. His principles seem to have been abandoned in favor of trying to look like he is contributing to the game.

My principles have been reluctantly pushed to second priority at the moment because if there's no wagon, they serve no purpose.

Kast wrote:If you think there's something game relevant to post about my playstyle[...]

It's scummy.

Am I the only one who sees everything Kast posts as non-committal? At first sight I expected the long post to relieve some of my doubts about him but it's only reinforced them. Looking through the reads he has some good observations but waiting 10 pages to post things that concern him in a giant list is extremely scummy because they're easy to push to the side and ignore now.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

Mod: please replace me. This game started at a really bad time for me and I don't think I'm going to be able to catch up or participate enough.
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Post by Celebloki »

Sorry all, I will be doing a read through and make a post this weekend with actual substance. I have been hammered at work and unable to slack off on here like I usually can.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:32 pm

Post by vollkan »

Kast wrote:
-Short of it is I read n00b/weak player and I'm wary that his wagon is semi-scum driven to capitalize on his weak playstyle. I don't read any of the cases as being particularly scummy as opposed to being a n00b.

First, he's insisted that he isn't a newb. Beyond that, I think you are making the standard mistake of assuming that bad players are unreadable. All the points I raised against him were intention- rather than skill-related. Moreover, on the issue relating to his views on you specifically, he was using passive language; if he was simply having trouble being clear, I would have expected outright inconsistency, rather than the sort of subtlety that he was using.

Don't get me wrong - I do think he is a bad player (his score would probably be higher if I didn't), but I also think that, even allowing for that, he is the scummiest player here.
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:43 pm

Post by Candle Jack »

SpyreX wrote:Alrighty time to get back in the saddle after the crazy day.

First things first:

Enough people have posted that I've got no problem outing the whole deal:

Right before that VC, I got a PM saying something was intruding into my mind. Combine that with the paranoia of the VC error AND being tired and you get farther fetched ideas roaming around like it being a placement swap.

As it sits, I'm thinking that was a scum rolecop or something of that nature. I'd be flabbergasted if it was a town action.

I want this wagon to go through. Like I said I've claimed hammertime and dont think I'm gonna him and haw or wait for a claim for it.

----

On the other side and I'll quantify (or try where applicable) some of these reads but on the short list: ace, zel1nk, LC.

On the more awesome list: CJ, GI, Amrun, Kast, Tajo

I can think of about three Evangelion characters that might fit that flavor. Every last one is an Angel. Yeah, I'd say that's a scum ability. If I had to guess, I'd say it's Arael - that PM fits Arael (who raped Asuka's mind in series) better than Leliel (mind-examining void) or Bardiel (Eva hijacker), and that scene is iconic enough that I'd expect Arael in the game in some fashion.

----

Okay, this Nocmen lunacy needs to be nipped in the bud.

Kast wrote:Why the hell would you think this? That's absolutely, completely 100% against everything I posted. Your posts show you are capable of giving good town play, but despite being capable of it you are NOT giving it (ie. you are probably not town).

At risk of answering for another player, there are two kinds of players that tend to play below capacity. One of those categories is Mafia. Given something I spotted earlier in the thread, however, I'm pretty sure that Nocmen instead fits firmly into the second category, especially since that second possibility is also a very good explanation for another thing that Nocmen has done this game (and a bit of mod meta negates the most obvious objection to that possible explanation) - and that second category is very, very firmly town.

Get the hell off Nocmen, folks - and don't even think about vigging him. I'll reconsider this stance if and only if it becomes clear that what I'm seeing is invalid.

Elaborating would be anti-town at this time. I'll explain if and when elaborating would no longer be anti-town.

Also, Kast: That @Kise earlier was a typo, it was meant for you.
You said my name?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:55 am

Post by Starbuck »

Amrun wrote:ZeL, that isn't a serious question... Is it?

Why would you ask this? I know if the dude just read the thread, he'd know, but it feels very offputting at this point from you.

Amrun feels to be all over the place to me.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:34 am

Post by Amrun »

How am I supposed to know he read the thread? I was just making sure.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:37 am

Post by vollkan »

Starbuck wrote:
Amrun wrote:ZeL, that isn't a serious question... Is it?

Why would you ask this? I know if the dude just read the thread, he'd know, but it feels very offputting at this point from you.

What's offputting about it? Zel's question was pretty daft, so it seems perfectly legitimate to ask him if he'd read the thread...
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:43 am

Post by Kdub »

Iecerint replaces kanyeknowsbest
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:51 am

Post by Iecerint »

Hi guys! I'm replacing someone I've barely heard of.

I'm going to go to lab to steal some data ATM, but will come back to show you 1 scum in maybe a few hours idk.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:15 am

Post by Nocmen »

Waiting for stevie's response before I possibly change my vote.
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:18 am

Post by ZeL1nK »

I'm going to look at a few people in ISO. This is just a filler post because I don't have time for it right now.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:00 am

Post by GhostWriter »

If I hear one more person use this bullshit "he plays like he's new" excuse, I'm voting them. He's played at least 7 games, mostly themed. On the archives if you care to actually look. Which I did before voting. He knows how to play. It's not newb mistakes, it's scummy behavior.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:04 am

Post by Iecerint »

Halfway there. This is through the end of page 6:
32434th JOURNAL IN A FEW SHORT DAYS wrote:JOURNAL CATCH

1. Is Amrun making a reference to another game there?

2. GreyICE's miller claim is early and very sophisticated. Also leaves the Cop angle unaddressed. I am inclined to believe him.

3. Ani getting all excited about RNG and Amrun's cult reference is scummy. Is also weird that Ace RVS's SX and then complains about Amrun's actual play.

4. CJ's post is weird: "I think he is not lying, but he may be a scum miller." It's just a weird conditional to throw in there, and I'm all about putting conditionals everywhere.

5. Not sure which town on page 1 SX sees. I guess GreyICE?

6. OOH, CJ is Tar? Who's the other half of CJ, then?

7. Ace's response to CJ's question re: what I complained about above is silly, because SX's posts are relatively unfluffy IMO.

8. Dunno why GreyICE got excited about Kast's questions about his ability. Those are good things to clarify early on.

9. OK, Kast's #27 is kinda creepy, though. I have never seen him do a Big Brother Is Watching You thing like that.

10. SX is town this game (@ 36). I could see Kast as scum in that exchange, though; I think he sees himself as a mechanics-player in part, so the miller claim gave him a means of contributing without worrying about things.

11. Pome's post (41) doesn't make sense to me...at all...Amrun is a town weirdo, apparently, and she avoids commenting on what's happened so far by staying with RVS.

Needs moar town reads. <_<

(Is CJ the only hydra in this game...?)

12. Starbuck's RAGE seems pretty disproportionate.

13. GreyICE continuing to ignore Kast's question confuses me.

14. Amrun's vote for Lobster rather than participating in all the drama looks town to me (77).

15. Nocmen reminds me that Ace's posts were off way back when.

Vote: Ace
if I don't come up with something better.

16. Stevie's post that SX links gives him weird feelings for the KAST WAGON IS OK BUT NOT GREAT I LIKE IT BUT IF IT GETS OUT OF HAND I WILL BE CROSS ALSO I WILL ASK ABOUT MAFIA TERMS parts. I noticed it too. Agree with Nocmen that I want more from Stevie first, though.

17. Agree with ZeL about Pome, assuming that her #41 is what I think it was (@ 86).

18. Antifinity's vote for CJ doesn't make sense to me. Didn't someone else get more excited about his RNG, namely? Also, with this many scummy players by page 3 or wherever, he can surely come up with something better.

Oh man. Vollkan. You ended up flipping town in Disgaea 2, right? Agree with re: Ace and maybe Stevie, though.

19. Pome is in crazy world.

FoS: Pome

GREYICE JUST ANSWER THE QUESTIONS GOD. <_<

Ooh, missed that drew UNvoted Ace. O_o

20. I agree with GreyICE that it is POSSIBLE that Kast made up those questions to look town (@ 98). However, the questions themselves are still worth answering.

21. Nocmen's vote for GI is bad. If he's telling the truth about being masons, he is town. If he is not, he is joking, because CJ would point it out. Scum motives are not there, other than to draw unnecessary scrutiny and policy lynch points.

LOL Nocmen spells out the above just below and pretends that lynching freely confirmable liars is pro-town.

22. Celebloki is scummy.

23. CJ is...also voting GI...

-_-

24. Oh, god, this is totally ridiculous. The claim clearly occurred to him because of the silly "scrutiny" arising from being a Miller. :roll:

I am frustrated that town apparently also thought it would be fun to vote for him because GOD now this is harder to interpret...

Needs moar townreads. <_<

25. Amrun is my girlfriend in 112 re: Nocmen.

26. Kast is scummy in 113. Namely, I think his attitude toward GI in this game is dissonant with his attitude toward me in [REDACTED].

FoS: Kast

28. Nocmen's suddenly switch to Kast is HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM (@ 118).

29. Stevie's 119 is LOL ("CONTINUE LYNCHING KAST PLZ I WILL WATCH").

30. Stevie's vote for GI and suspicion on Amrun is bad.

31. Pome gets townpoints for #131. I forgive her 40% of her past transgressions. This goes away if all my suspects are town.

GreyICE, while I don't complain
Nevermind.

33. SX's 143 is rubbing me the wrong way. It's only a small rub, though.

34. I identify strongly with GreyICE 147.

35. Lobster identifying GreyICE @ rage with Kast @ rage makes me quiver.
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:05 am

Post by drewoftherushes »

Now that we've heard from Spyrex, I'm putting my vote back on Stevie. Nothing's really happened to change my scum read of him. Maybe this will make him respond

VOTE: Stevie
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:19 am

Post by Amrun »

ITT I have a gay boyfriend <3

Interested in hearing what Stevie has to say, but stop with the Stevie votes. Nocmen votes are sooo much sexier.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”