Newbie 1120 - The Scum in Sherlock (Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:02 pm

Post by DeityKabuto »

hiplop wrote:DK do you even read the game? or just kind of pick names you like dislike and assume their scum?

It's like gambling, I look at a person and determine whether they're scummy or not, in the long run, if I am right, I can say "Haha... I told you so"

Jk o.o

Anyway, Scumhunter is more town because he puts more effort into his posts, Thor acts like he gots it going on and he is more persistent and thinks he knows what he's doing because he is scum and knows who all the town are.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by hiplop »

Also, question - what's your opinion of foilist presenting a Day 2 replace in post by me as an example of how my playstyle is different? Also, go a step further and read what he posted, and tell me if you think my reads are better presented, clearer, and less ephemeral.

honestly, its rather silly. using a replace in post is pretty bad, i dont really see what he was geting at there.
third best scummer of all time
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:11 pm

Post by DeityKabuto »

hiplop wrote:

Also, question - what's your opinion of foilist presenting a Day 2 replace in post by me as an example of how my playstyle is different? Also, go a step further and read what he posted, and tell me if you think my reads are better presented, clearer, and less ephemeral.

honestly, its rather silly. using a replace in post is pretty bad, i dont really see what he was geting at there.

I'm confused, rephrase the question, please.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:13 pm

Post by hiplop »

LMAO WHAT? i was answering a question
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:19 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@DK - replace out?
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by hiplop »

Thor665 wrote:@DK - replace out?

:D plz
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by DeityKabuto »

Thor665 wrote:@DK - replace out?

Too many SEs?
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:22 pm

Post by hiplop »

yeah, thats it.

Im fine with you staying, just joking around :shifty:
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by DeityKabuto »

Why are you being so mean, it's just a game...
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I'm not being mean - but if you want to play the game I sort of feel you should play it. You're clearly not reading very well, which is already about half the game, and already we're starting to devolve into the whole 'DK discussion' thing, which I wasn't a fan of in [redacted] as it helped kill an entire day, and I won't be a fan of here.
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by DeityKabuto »

Thor665 wrote:I'm not being mean - but if you want to play the game I sort of feel you should play it. You're clearly not reading very well, which is already about half the game, and already we're starting to devolve into the whole 'DK discussion' thing, which I wasn't a fan of in [redacted] as it helped kill an entire day, and I won't be a fan of here.

Okay, I'll play normal. Right now it's far too early to post valuable reads, all I'm going to say.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:27 pm

Post by foilist13 »

@Thor: I'm less concerned with your willingness to post reads in that game as your actual tone. In that game you were significantly less abrasive, and all of your cases/responses are well reasoned, you don't make as many semantics arguments, and you include less jokes and stupid remarks. I don't have the energy to quote a whole bunch of little things to prove my point and have you dismiss the quality of those quotes, so I suggest everybody simply go read it themselves.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Riiiight. So by looking at 2-3 games of mine you've deduced that I'm 'mean' when I'm scum and include less jokes and stupid remarks? This can go in my collection next to Sotty's 'Thor jokes about being scum when he's scum' meta. In fact, I'm going to call that whole meta case more of a crock than the usual meta cases and move on;

Opinions. I asked for some from you Re: hiplop. Would love to see them.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Thor665 wrote:@foilist - how do you feel about a hiplop lynch, and how do you feel about how he shifted from Scumhunter to me?

In case you lost it.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:53 pm

Post by foilist13 »

I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

My only experience with Hiplop is in an ongoing game which I cannot discuss.

Like I said, everybody else should read it themselves since you'll simply make a stupid remark about it to make it go away.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by Thor665 »

You're right, lack of presenting it will drive it like a red hot needle into my scummy forehead.

You're saying you wouldn't lose sleep over hiplop's maneuver? So a guy who got onto Scumhunter off of strength of agreeing with my read suddenly flips on me off the (and I insist off applying immense sarcasm to this next word) strength of your case on me - and you have no response to that?

At the time of his flip do you honestly think your case on me was impressive enough to cause that change?
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:42 pm

Post by hiplop »

A lot of things contributed to my switch. Honestly i didn't even read Foilist's post until after i typed out the Vote. Scumhunter reacted in away that i see town reacting, then i noticed i was kind of giving you a free pass, so i looked into your deeper and noticed some scum! I would be fine with scumhunter lynch, though. But hes V/LA and wont be able to really react to anything because..hes well gone
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@foilist - nothing to comment on, huh?
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:08 pm

Post by hiplop »

IM GOING V/LA TOMORROW AND SUNDAY BECAUSE IM GOING CAMPING, SORRY
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:21 pm

Post by Torqez »

Sorry guys, quite busy over the weekends. But I have been reading so as not to fall behind.

Thor, my suspicions on you gain stronger and stronger. I've noted that DK has unvoted off you. To be perfectly honest, as of right now, I would not oppose a lynch on yourself or Awesoma.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Thor665 L-2, by my count.

Also, you and DK seem to know each other quite well? Can you outline where you know him from (DK can answer too!). Just a previous game? or is there quite some history? ...just out of curiosity!
Awesoma
Awesoma
Townie
Awesoma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:32 pm

Post by Awesoma »

Torqez wrote:Sorry guys, quite busy over the weekends. But I have been reading so as not to fall behind.

Thor, my suspicions on you gain stronger and stronger. I've noted that DK has unvoted off you. To be perfectly honest, as of right now, I would not oppose a lynch on yourself or Awesoma.

UNVOTE:

Also, you and DK seem to know each other quite well? Can you outline where you know him from (DK can answer too!). Just a previous game? or is there quite some history? ...just out of curiosity!

Im suspicious too. My reads are coming up right after the new IC makes a medium-sized post. Not that I want to leech, but having a more experienced player's outlook always helps.
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:35 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

Torqez wrote:Sorry guys, quite busy over the weekends. But I have been reading so as not to fall behind.

UNVOTE:

I have quite a rep. around Mafia Scum, a lot of people know me.

In a year or so when I am a skilled player, they will know me for the better.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:55 am

Post by Thor665 »

Actually I was just in an ongoning game where DK was killed.
I read him correctly, but had issues with his play. I think I also was IC for him once...though he may have been a replace in, and/or we might have lynched him Day 1, don't recall exactly.
I wasn't aware DK had a site wide rep though. I might accept that, insomuch as he's...memorable.

@Torquez - your last post you were not willing to call me scum, and simply said you didn't like my playstyle. What changed between your last two posts to actually make me scum now?
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:39 am

Post by hiplop »

Thor665 wrote:Actually I was just in an ongoning game where DK was killed.
I read him correctly, but had issues with his play. I think I also was IC for him once...though he may have been a replace in, and/or we might have lynched him Day 1, don't recall exactly.
I wasn't aware DK had a site wide rep though. I might accept that, insomuch as he's...memorable.

@Torquez - your last post you were not willing to call me scum, and simply said you didn't like my playstyle. What changed between your last two posts to actually make me scum now?

he definitely does, look at the Neruzian era BIG EDITION thread, lots know him for obvious reasons.

Im back.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:24 am

Post by foilist13 »

@Thor: I doubt Hiplop changed solely because of my reasoning. I also fail to see where you're going with this. Am I supposed to find Hiplop scummy and then vote him? If so, why aren't you voting him? Or are you trying to convince me that the wagon on you is bad? If so, telling me how scummy the people on it are is independent of my read an you and therefore unlikely to change my mind.

My read on hiplop is town for the moment because his behavior is consistent with what I have read of his town meta. However I get a scummy gut read from him, hence I wouldn't lose sleep over his lynch, but I'm not going to push for it.

You seem very interested in making snarky comments to people rather than defending yourself. Are you used to people feeling stupid and leaving you alone? That's the only thing I can think of that that would accomplish, which is the single most anti-town way of defending yourself that I can think of. We get no information on you or your attackers. We just find out who's a sheep and who isn't.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”