hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:04 pm

Post by hohum »

Gammagooey wrote:
hohum wrote:After due consideration, jahudo is probtown.

Whyzis.
And don't you dare give me "I'm right about inhims so jahudos town because inhims is scum".

Well if you don't want to hear what I have to say then don't ask.

It isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility that jahudo is bussing inHim but I would wager against that presently.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:09 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
hohum you're pretty clearly town.
fairly sure inhims is too.
go back through jahudros iso and tell me if you think what I said about him makes sense. because i really think it does and also that he is scum.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:14 pm

Post by hohum »

Gammagooey wrote:siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
hohum you're pretty clearly town.
fairly sure inhims is too.
go back through jahudros iso and tell me if you think what I said about him makes sense. because i really think it does and also that he is scum.

I will give both Jahudo and inHim an honest re-read if you promise to post your list of reads.. I'm particularly interested in your current opinion of Equinox's alignment.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

I can do that.

you and espy and longing are still town
inhims is still probably town
chesskid is a town lean but that vote hop is paranoid city
Equi I'm a little paranoid about but leans town for the obvious breadcrumb+roleplaying more likely coming from town and her suspicions of me making a little more sense than they would otherwise given I'm playing fairly differently in here than in another ongoing game. She hasn't done a whole lot of stuff that rings specifically town or scum to me though.
wlc is still useless and you know what i think about him/jahudo already
mina's first post isn't bad but she needs significantly more words
pinkie pie remains a useless pile of garbage
fluttershy is a gut scum read- I haven't seen any scumhunting from the slot that couldn't easliy be faked by scum.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by hohum »

it's interesting that Maziek is missing from that list but a promise is a promise, so give me a couple of hours to scratch out a new note book for this game and I'll hollar back at you.
Maziek
Maziek
Townie
Maziek
Townie
Townie

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by Maziek »

Since apparently I'm going to get replaced for being V/LA:

Request Replacement

Sorry guys! Good luck!
League: Doomsyplusle
osu!: Dooms

Pokemon Nuzlocker, Smash Bros. competitive player, and Fire Emblem: Awakening lover~
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:41 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

oh right Maz.
He's pretty much the nullest read I have. If I haaad to say I'd go town but seeing more from him would really help with that.

speak of the devil.
@maz-I don't think you'll get replaced as long as you can post enough after the V/LA is over. I think twilight forgot about it.
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:53 am

Post by Twilight Sparkle »

Searching for a Maziek replacement unless he decides he wants to keep his slot before I get one
Twilight Sparkle is a majestic pony union of hitogoroshi, Mina, and Sotty7.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:56 am

Post by hohum »

Alright.

@Gamma, I do see where you're coming from but it's hard for me to get over the fact that your reads contrast mine to such a large degree on active players yet align so perfectly on inactive players so I'm not entirely convinced that you aren't trying to manipulate me. Either an inHim or a Jahudo flip might change my mind though.

Why are you trying so hard to save inHim anyways?

Gama wrote:chesskid is a town lean but that vote hop is paranoid city
spastic players tend to vote hop. It isn't a scum tell; however, do you think it's forgivable that a player does something that can be construed as scummy and then switches tactics to [b[HARD CORE LURKING[/b]
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:00 am

Behold the power of friendship! Ojanen replaces Maziek. Thanks a bunch!
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:04 am

Post by hohum »

Welcomw Ojanen, a content dump from you would be lovely.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:23 am

Post by Equinox »

Reread wall of doom comin' up later today when I've actually done some rereadin', but somethin' caught my eye here.

Heya, Ojanen! Lookin' forward to hearin' from ya.

hohum, while I like the idea of a voting bloc, from a skim I can't say I'd agree to votin' inHimshallibe, but I should probably read closer because I don't quite understand the case. That's comin' with the reread as well.

In post [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3154878#p3154878]216[/url], Fluttershy wrote:Bolding on my part to emphasis the thing that confused me. Yes, we could all tell that they were roleplaying as Applejack, but you said Big Macintosh instead...why is that?

What is the relevance of this question to Jahudo's alignment? If it's already obvious that I'm roleplayin' as Applejack, then the reason behind Jahudo's comment should be equally obvious.
Fluttershy
Fluttershy
Townie
Fluttershy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:36 am

Post by Fluttershy »

Jahudo wrote:Because I was making a joke. Anyway how does my knowledge of a secondary character make you think I don't know the show? That's kinda funny actually.

Exactly...that is what confused me. Unless you had some reason to suggest that she was Big Macintosh which is what crossed my mind

Jahudo wrote:I can't tell which one is you there. And it appears that chesskid was mostly wagoned because someone claimed to have role information on him. That isn't the same as policy lynching someone because they hurt the town by being in the game.

I wasn't in that game. I have a knack for lurking random games of my own choosing >__>
Para claimed that he was pushing for a PL (some kind of e-grudge with Chesskid I guess)

Jahudo wrote:No, read it again. inHim was using the false logic that both WLC and TheLonging were voting chesskid for the same reason. That is still fact and I stand by the conclusions I drew from it. The only benefit I gave him was that WLC is not doing enough scumhunting and therefore does not look town at the moment. But the way inHim voted him was inappropriate.

Oh...I think I have to read all his arguments again...I don't know why but I always end up at the point of "wtf is going on now?" when I am reading them.

Jahudo wrote:Why don't you agree with this reasoning?

Because I just find it to be silly. I can understand where he might be coming from, saying that if you don't vote for anyone you don't have any ties in the RVS. But if you vote no-lynch, that is just drawing more attention to yourself which just counters the purpose of hiding =/

As for the inHim mess, I will spend today trying to read and fully comprehend the arguments with Jahundo and Hohum.
You
are going
to
LOVE ME!
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:47 am

Post by Jahudo »

Welcome Ojanen!

Gammagooey wrote:wlc looked and looks like scum so he got voted.
If a player is scummy for X, it is good to vote him vote X. If he did not do Y, it is invalid to vote him for doing Y.
Scum want to vote over non-arguments if they can hide it well enough. That way if an actual scummy tell becomes less valid later in the game, they don't have to say it was ever the cornerstone of their case.
inHim was vague in his vote but heavily indicated that WLC wanted to vote chesskid for the same reason TheLonging wanted to vote chesskid. I see no other explanation possible, and he even backed that statement up before flip-flopping back. It is right there in the text.

Gammagooey wrote:your early play of defending a lot of early wagons without giving anything of your own until the inhims vote, bringing up a friggen' chart of characters and a bunch of tangential info about the characters instead of just saying that you think espy is scum/not-scum, you going from questions everywhere with your inhims vote to
That is still scumhunting on my part. I commented on the wagons and how I did not think they led to scumtells, but also where town players can justify their voting actions. I'm not going to lie and say someone is my top scum read when I don't have confidence in anyone being scum at that juncture.

Gammagooey wrote:all look like they're coming from scum instead of town- it's like you're distanced from the game and making comments about it instead of actively diving in and figuring stuff out- I feel like that a lot when I get stuck into a scum role and I think that you feel the same way and were primarily trying to make accurate comments on the game for later instead of having to sort through suspicions and paranoia about the other player's alignments.
I'm not clear what posts you are talking about. You reference my call for other people to re-look at inHim, that is somehow an example?

I understand the theory of a player acting more like an observer than someone who is in the thick of things, but I don't fit that mold.
* Let's compare the whole of scumhunting-oriented questions: 13 posts for Jahudo vs. 3 for inHim. He sits on votes and ignores WLC's defense. I spread questions around to other players with a purpose so that when I made my reads, I have confidence in them.

Gammagooey wrote:And don't you dare give me "I'm right about inhims so jahudos town because inhims is scum".
I don't like how you put words in his mouth but in the end you are calling him probtown so it doesn't look like you are trying to throw mud in his direction.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:09 am

Post by Jahudo »

Hey Fluttershy
Fluttershy wrote:Exactly...that is what confused me. Unless you had some reason to suggest that she was Big Macintosh which is what crossed my mind
The idea of my joke was to focus on one party of his softclaim (being an authority of apples, having apples without genetic engineering, etc) that could apply to both ponies while ignoring the obvious southern dialect that only applies to Applejack. The "..." was used for comedic timing and the emoticon was there to make sure my attitude was clear. I think that's the best way I can explain it.
Do you have a greater concern over this, or were you just wondering if I watched the show?

Fluttershy wrote:Para claimed that he was pushing for a PL (some kind of e-grudge with Chesskid I guess)
Maybe there is an e-grudge like you say, chesskid and Fate also cross-voted in that game, but it came across as playful banter to me. That also could be because I saw them in a large game not too long ago.
So you were just making an attempt to fit in?

Fluttershy wrote:Oh...I think I have to read all his arguments again...I don't know why but I always end up at the point of "wtf is going on now?" when I am reading them.
It is hard to boil down into a few words. Essentially:
I say inHim claimed WLC and TheLonging both voted chesskid for the same scumtell. (the debatable part, but I stand by my evidence)
WLC and TheLonging did not vote chesskid for the same scumtell. (the indisputable part)

If inHim had voted WLC for a valid reason, he would have looked town. My vote on him does not mean WLC is off any hook though.

Fluttershy wrote:if you vote no-lynch, that is just drawing more attention to yourself which just counters the purpose of hiding =/
I think you are being hypocritical here. How is that different than me not voting by page 5?

By hiding don't you mean following what the majority of players are doing? Like chesskid doing "no lynch" stood out from people who placed random votes.
And by page 5 the people who were active were voting over small tells. I don't do that, at least not my past 5 or so games. I'll still try and participate by weighing in on these wagons, but I am always hunting for the bigger scumtells. So when I place my vote I am saying I am okay with seeing him claim.
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:47 am

Vote Count #11

inHimshallibe:
Mina, Jahudo, hohum, chesskid3 (L-3)
WeyounsLastClone:
TheLonging, Fluttershy
chesskid3:
Ojanen, WeyounsLastClone
Jahudo:
Gammagooey
TheLonging:
Espeonage
Gammagooey:
Equinox
hohum:
inHimshallibe
Mina:
Pinkie Pie

Not Voting:
Pinkie Pie

Day One Deadline(expired on 2011-06-30 03:00:00)

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:12 am

Post by chesskid3 »

I'm not hardcore lurking im busy as fuck
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:45 am

Post by Gammagooey »

@hohum- Espy I've already explained. With theLonging he jumps right out of the gate with an aggressive badly reasoned case. He's not trying to look town, he believes in what he's saying despite it being fairly stupid and is willing to become lynchbait in the process of getting his opinion across, and he's said that hes sees why people are voting him instead of saying that the people on his wagon are scummy or pushing his case even harder to try and get chess lynched instead. TheLonging's play just isn't coming from a scum mindset.

Jahudo's bringing up a whole bunch of stuff about inhims that I don't think is true at all. If you go through inhims iso it's pretty clear why he voted wlc, and jahudo bringing up a whole bunch of stuff about that vote (that it's vague and he didn't want a better read on wlc and etc etc) is pretty stupid given that the way to get a better read on a player is for them to friggen' post more, which wlc hasn't done at allllllll.

I might make a full case on jahudo later today. I'd RATHER everyone else in the game show up and discuss all this stuff instead of it being the half-game argument hour but i'll take what I can get.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:49 am

Post by Gammagooey »

oh one more thing though.
jahudo wrote:I don't like how you put words in his mouth but in the end you are calling him probtown so it doesn't look like you are trying to throw mud in his direction.

well i don't like YOUR FACE
You do realize that hohum has said that's the reason why he thinks you're town right. Because accurately assessing someone's reasoning for a townread PROBABLY isn't a scumtell. ya know, based on my experience with Things and Stuff.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:23 am

Post by hohum »

Gammagooey wrote:oh one more thing though.
jahudo wrote:I don't like how you put words in his mouth but in the end you are calling him probtown so it doesn't look like you are trying to throw mud in his direction.

well i don't like YOUR FACE
You do realize that hohum has said that's the reason why he thinks you're town right. Because accurately assessing someone's reasoning for a townread PROBABLY isn't a scumtell. ya know, based on my experience with Things and Stuff.

Now you're trying to strawman me here. You conveniently left out the second part of what I said to you. It's not that he's probtown because I agree with his reads, it's that he's probtown because I can't really see any motivation for a jahudo-powered scum bus
AT THE MOMENT
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:33 am

Post by Gammagooey »

I'm confused.
I Thought that post meant you thought jahudo was town because you think inhims is scum and you don't think they're bussing.
which was exactly what i thought you'd say but if you said it then it was basically worthless in terms of me figuring stuff out hence saying don't you dare etc.
which is then followed by me thinking that i got what you said right and saying that to jahudros because if i say i think i know why you think hudo's town and am right then that as a scumtell doesn't make any sense
so i'm not really getting what i got wrong here.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:22 am

Post by Jahudo »

Gamma, argue your case.

inHimshallibe wrote:I don't think you interpreted my original reasoning correctly.
For 1)
not commenting on discussion between those of us who had voted and subsequently unvoted TheLonging
, 2)being vague about chesskid, and 3)killing innocent ponies.
The bold indicates I was upset he was using that outdated reason.

"those of us who had voted and subsequently unvoted TheLonging" ----means-----> People voted TheLonging because he didn't understand chesskid was not serious about pushing a no lynch all day long.

"not commenting on discussion..." ----means-----> inHim says WLC hadn't yet acknowledged that the no lynch vote was not serious about pushing a no lynch all day long.

"Outdated reason" ----means-----> TheLonging's statement that a no lynch vote gets us closer to a no lynch result, which is what scum want so its scummy.

WeyounsLastClone wrote:Not to beat the 'no lynch' horse (or pony in this case) again, but I really don't get why you would vote No Lynch during random voting stage. If you're not trying to tie yourself to anyone, I think that's more beneficial as scum than town. It's a RVS for a reason.

"I really don't get why you would vote No Lynch during random voting stage." ----means-----> WLC doesn't think it was a serious proposal.

"If you're not trying to tie yourself to anyone, I think that's more beneficial as scum than town." ----means-----> Not the same as TheLonging's outdated reason.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:23 am

Post by hohum »

Gammagooey wrote:I'm confused.
I Thought that post meant you thought jahudo was town because you think inhims is scum and you don't think they're bussing.
which was exactly what i thought you'd say but if you said it then it was basically worthless in terms of me figuring stuff out hence saying don't you dare etc.
which is then followed by me thinking that i got what you said right and saying that to jahudros because if i say i think i know why you think hudo's town and am right then that as a scumtell doesn't make any sense
so i'm not really getting what i got wrong here.

Lots of confused words here. Maybe we are saying the same thing.

You left it out, just sayin.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:47 am

Post by Jahudo »

Gammagooey wrote:if you go through inhims iso it's pretty clear why he voted wlc
Why do you think he voted WLC?

Gammagooey wrote:the way to get a better read on a player is for them to friggen' post more, which wlc hasn't done at allllllll.
Don't hide behind that argument. We all know WLC needs to play. I've never argued he shouldn't be under scrutiny. But to wagon a lurker for a false reason is not town play. It is actually undermining the wagon. He is doing a disservice to what should be a wagon about pressuring WLC to produce more content by commenting and questioning his latest posts. inHim isn't even trying to do that, and never said he cared in the first place.

inHim said WLC didn't discuss the likelyhood that chesskid was not serious about his no lynch vote. That is false. He lied and must be banished to the moon.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:44 am

Post by Gammagooey »

inhims voted wlc orginally because he voted longing but ignored all the discussion with him and chess and the defensive accusation and all the other stuff around page 2-3. I'm trying to sort through inhims stuff after that again but I still don't see where you're coming from jahudo.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”