Mini 1176: Dexter Season 2 (Game Over) Who Won?

Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:02 am

Post by Juls »

It appears fargrass is carrying on, so no replacement needed
-------------------------------------
Juls
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:09 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Kid Know Nothing Post 763 wrote:I have pushed it Sotty. Any time I've brought it up, it is promptly put onto the backburner. If I make a point against LMP, it is largely ignored. I have not sat back all game. Every time LMP was screwy, I've commented on it. I've been trying to bring it up, it's been lost in the other discussions. I have discussed other people.

What other thoughts do you have on the case besides "okay"?

You haven't pushed it nearly enough. If your case is being ignored why aren't you asking other players their opinions on it directly? Why aren't you pushing your points to the forefront of discussion? To me, it looks like you're happy to sit back and make cases that aren't going to go anywhere. That's scummy.

The good parts of your LMP case is the sheeping and pretty much his entire day one play. Being over defensive isn't a scum tell however and I'm still very much stuck on your reasoning for first voting him.

Amrun Post 784 wrote:Amished scumtell.

Idk if it is on the wiki.

BUT!!

VPB and DDD are the ones who taught me this by mislynching me with it in a kind of sort of similar situation. But this is like really egregious. I never did it like that

Errr... No. You were mislynched with this tell and now you are using it in this game? I don't think so.

I'd rather BB not claim at this point because if we're not lynching farside I want to string up KKN. Of course this can change if he gets some more votes. Tans you need to pick a place for your vote ASAP. Not voting right now is not acceptable.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:16 am

Post by Amrun »

I was, but it wasn't the same. I don't think it was a good application when used on me. I didn't say Poison Ivy was scummy, just tried to explain some things she said.

Also VPB was scum when he pushed it.

But I do want to hear what they say about it in this situation.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:43 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Goddammit. My router went out. I reread from my phone while I was gone but couldn't post anything because it would've been too big and I can't organize my thoughts from there. I'll have some kind of catchup post up tonight.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:49 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Amrun wrote:But I do want to hear what they say about it in this situation.

It feels different to me in that Blackberry seems to have a specific complaint related to his role usage as opposed to the broader "my predecesser was super scummy" complaints that I love to lynch. Since it's a borrowed tell and I haven't discussed it with Amished as much as VPB has I don't know if Amised would include it within his tell or not but to me it feels significantly different or at least different enough that it's not an instant death sentence.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm curious about DDD being so set on fargrass. Do you think I'm missing something obvious? I mean, I see the scumminess you and Sotty are pointing out for sure, but I have such a hard time being positive on farside because she plays with her heart on her sleeve. Bleh, I'm getting late day jitters about that lynch. I think you guys both have a decent chance of being town, so I feel like I'm not seeing something. Or maybe my lack of attention to MS recently is just clouding my judgement. Basically, what I want to know is: do you really think I'm way off base with LMP/blackberry? I don't believe it's a good application of the Amished tell, but that aside I really didn't like anything about the way LMP was playing.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:07 am

Post by Sotty7 »

What is your case on LMP/BB?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:11 am

Post by VP Baltar »

He got hyperdefensive over nothing on Day 1, then his sheeping onto the Amrun wagon really set off all kinds of bells for me. He's nitpicking a lot (such as asking me why I asked one bad question, as if I can't simply have a derp moment...which I admitted to) and wasn't really doing a lot until he latched onto tans' Amrun case. Then he tried to inflate that case well beyond its worth, which I believe was an attempt to get an angry response out of her. Then there was his VPB vote, which was complete LOL.

Overall, I feel LMP is better than this. When I played with him in Clash of Kings, he was much more consistent and logical. He made some good choices as a power role even when he used his Kingsguard recruiting ability...which points to him making derp moves as a PR unlikely. Additionally, PoE from that first mislynch strongly points to him being scum.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:13 am

Post by VP Baltar »

*even when he used his Kingsguard ability early (meaning, it would have been easy to recruit more scum than he did)
YOUR AD HERE

SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:23 am

Post by SocioPath »

Fargrass wrote:SP: He is paying more attention then people are giving him credit for. He knows what's going on and he's pointing out his issues. Trust me this sarcastic and sly person you read is doing so on purpose.
I didn't know you cared. <3
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:24 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@Sotty - do you feel any of that is an inaccurate representation of LMP's play? I feel like I'm missing something and I really don't know what it is.
YOUR AD HERE

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:32 am

Post by Sotty7 »

No, I think it is pretty good representation really. The whole "can do better thing" is something I feel with LMP in this game, but I also think it is somewhat of an unfair tell to apply. We all have our off days, plus he did eventually replace out.

I think I a lot of my unwillingness to wagon him up comes from how awful KKN has been and he has been on LMP/BB since the very start of the game. When BB posted it did seem like he was willing to put some effort into the game as well. I want to see what else he thinks.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:33 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

I just basically have the opposite feeling VPB; I don't have a meta reason to excuse farside and my meta with LMP says average player and thus your "I expect better" point doesn't ring true to me. Basically of all your points the only one that really tugs at my heatstrings is the sheeping of the Amrun wagon and the attempt to inflate it beyond its actual strength and that's not enough to inspire me to vote for him.

Also in recent notes, from a completely personal experience I'm a sucker for soft claims as something I've done on occasion as town but never done as scum so that's working in BB's favor.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:49 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I'll give you the softclaim point because I would probably agree with you on that. Blegh. I still think PoE is substantial, as it is hard for me to see pretty much anyone else on that wagon as a strong scum read. Hard to believe it was an all town wagon frankly.

Unvote, Vote:Fargrass

Anyhow, let's get this rolling in a positive direction.
YOUR AD HERE

Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:56 am

Post by Juls »

Official Vote Count

[4]
Fargrass
(Sotty7, Debonair Danny DiPietro, tanstalas, VP Baltar)
[2]
Blackberry
(Kid Know Nothing, Amrun)
[2]
SocioPath
(Kise, Hinduragi)
[2]
VP Baltar
(Fargrass, Blackberry)
[1]
Hinduragi
(SocioPath)
[0]
tanstalas
()
[0]
Kid Know Nothing
()
[0]
Sotty7
()
[0]
Amrun
()
[0]
Kise
()
[0]
Debonair Danny DiPietro
()

Not Voting :

Votes needed for arrest :

Deadline for Day 2:
(expired on 2011-07-01 17:25:00)

V/LA:

Until July 4:
Kise
Last edited by Juls on Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
-------------------------------------
Juls
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:59 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Kise put Fargrass to L-1 please. I don't believe we should put anyone to L-1 that Kise isn't voting for after yesterday.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:03 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Oh right, V/LA
YOUR AD HERE

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:27 am

Post by Amrun »

I really disagree with this lynch but I guess that doesn't matter anymore.

Fair enough about the BB/Amished tell thing. I see your point, DDD - but it was the "I got to page 9 and realized I was replacing THAT S0LOT" bit that got me and nothing in LMP/BB's play except the softclaim encourages me not to wagon her.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:30 am

Post by SocioPath »

Amrun wrote:I really disagree with this lynch
but I guess that doesn't matter anymore.
I highly dislike this statement in its original form.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:34 am

Post by Amrun »

No one is going to do anything about it!

Vote: Hinduragi

Since a softclaim has scared everyone off the pressure.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:37 am

Post by SocioPath »

I've seen larger wagons shift entirely, in lesser amounts of time.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:40 am

Post by Amrun »

So have I, but I see very little willingness to do so here.

I will try, though.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by Kid Know Nothing »

Sotty7 wrote:No, I think it is pretty good representation really. The whole "can do better thing" is something I feel with LMP in this game, but I also think it is somewhat of an unfair tell to apply. We all have our off days, plus he did eventually replace out.

I think I a lot of my unwillingness to wagon him up comes from how awful KKN has been and he has been on LMP/BB since the very start of the game. When BB posted it did seem like he was willing to put some effort into the game as well. I want to see what else he thinks.

Do you think I am scum over LMP?

And yes, we've beaten the opening vote to death. But the way that he reacted to it was very weird. Do you disagree? It's like the forth or fifth post of his iso. Let me grab it.

LynchMePls wrote:
KKN wrote:for blatant bandwagoning under the guise of a RV, which we are clearly past at this point. If there is a person willing to extend the RVS just a little bit, it would be here in post 46.

It was my first post of the game, was on day 2, and no one has done anything even REMOTELY close to enough to move this game out of RVS. So I have two questions for you.

1) How was it "extending" RVS rather than just participating in it like everyone else? Wouldn't everyone who voted during RVS be guilty of "extending RVS"?

2) Even if my vote was an attempt to "bandwagon under the guise of RV" (which it wasn't) what exactly is scummy about bandwagoning?

This was a fairly interesting reaction to it. Had he continued to pressure me, I would have thought that he was serious about the questions. But right after this post, he began sheeping. That is what caught my eye. LMP only reacted when he was pressured or voted. Other than that, he was content to sit back and quote others with basically "I agree with this."

The softclaim, however, makes this a little more understandable. A PR trying to stay off of the scum's radar might be a little hesitant to really push a case. They might sheep like LMP did, try to show where their support and suspicion is without outright saying it. After being called out for it day one, a pr would have to shift gears. That makes me a little hesitant about this whole case now. BB is not the lynch for today, we don't have enough time to shift through the possible wifom that could come from the softclaim discussion.

BB, do not claim yet. Wouldn't be beneficial. You're safe until tomorrow. Do you think that your softclaim would make you a potential target tonight? Only then should we consider any possible claims. That's something we should all decide together though.

Unvote
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by Kise »

unvote - vote: hindu

I won't hammer far. Not now. Hindu > SP could work considering your last line/brush off. I obviously won't completely agree with BB's read of SP but either way, both names are within my picks for the scumteam.

KKN, the 'maybe/seems/guess/like/probably' thing is strong.

Hey BB, Cody is also claimed to be in this game. If you don't see who claimed it, I won't name it, but how do you feel about that?
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by Kise »

Then again, KKN, the 'maybe/seems/etc' thing wasn't indicative of scum in the PYP I just lost - I considered it when voting SSBF who flipped town. It DOES show uncertainty either way, or in more frequent MS-speak, fencesitting.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”