Neon Genesis Evangelion Mafia (Game Over)

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:54 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

I have 22 posts in 24 hours.

Does that make me scum, Starbuck~?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:55 am

EBWOP: Under 24 hours.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:21 am

Post by Kdub »

Day 1 - Vote Count #19

Amrun (1)
- LobsterCatapult
Kawaii (0)
-
GreyICE (2)
- malthusis, StevieT92
Antifinity (0)
-
Candle Jack (0)
-
populartajo (0)
-
Iecerint (0)
-
Nocmen (2)
- Kast, Antifinity
Surye (0)
-
Celebloki (0)
-
malthusis (3)
- Candle Jack, ace5993, GreyICE
Starbuck (0)
-
ace5993 (1)
- GhostWriter
drewoftherushes (1)
- ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK (0)
-
StevieT92 (3)
- Pomegranate, drewoftherushes, Lady Lambdadelta
GhostWriter (0)
-
SpyreX (0)
-
Kast (1)
- Surye
vollkan (0)
-
Pomegranate (0)
-
LobsterCatapult (4)
- Amrun, populartajo, Nocmen, Celebloki
Lady Lambdadelta (0)
-
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (5)
- Kawaii, Iecerint, SpyreX, vollkan, Starbuck

23 votes available, 12 votes needed to lynch

Deadline is July 18, ~ 10 am PDT
Last edited by Kdub on Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:24 am

Post by Pomegranate »

StevieT92 wrote:Am I being dense on purpose? Why yes I am. I think claiming as one of the major characters is revealing enough information..my power becomes useless if people know what it is.

As far as not putting in effort?
i've been scumhunting my heart out
, and will continue to do so. I'm just sick of this consensus that either i am a noob or a scum. I know (mostly) what I am doing.

Really?

How about you do some actual scumhunting. Whether or not you're being lynched today. Because hunting scum is always the best way not to get wagoned, as opposed to any sort of claim.

--Pom, currently on page 17. So much new stuff....
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:26 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Also, UNVOTE: . If vollkan's doing it, I'm doing it.
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by Nocmen »

vollkan wrote:First off, to get my standard "How I Play" PSA out of the way: I rank my suspects from 0 (absolutely town) - 100 (absolutely scum). Everybody starts at 50. Because I don't believe in towntells and am skeptical about most scumtells, it is common for people to stay at 50. 50 does not mean "no opinion" - it means "I don't see scumtells" from this person. Absent claims, need for deadline compromises, etc. I will always vote the person with the highest score.

9: Null for GICE's miller claim
16:
CJ+5
CJ says "Really don't like this post. He's not *doing* anything." I fail to see how drew gets an FoS for not "doing anything" in one of the first posts. RVS gives a lot of leeway for weak arguments, but pulling out IIoA on the first page is just ridiculous.
21:
Ace+5
for similar reasons. Drawing distinctions between the levels of activity of the, like, four people who posted early p 1. See SpyreX's 36 for a more comprehensive takedown of this.
43: The Amrun v Starbuck thing is stupid.
53: @Amrun: can you clarify what is non-committal about Pom's post? (I assume you mean #41)
59: Kast v CJ (in 67) is null for both. Kast is right that the cult speculation isn't inherently scummy, but CJ is hardly in the wrong for pushing it as an early-game argument.
74: Okay...
Stevie+7
. 3 reasons: First is him spinning Amrun's cult meta reference post into some sort of conspiracy to derail the game. Amrun's actions are null based on his explanation; ill-thought-out perhaps, but painting it as scummy requires reaching for a motive. Second is his attack on Amrun for not contributing enough - same reasons as for the previous two, it's an easy and lazy attack to make D1, and in this case it also serves as padding. Finally, his stance on Kast's wagon - neutrality is fine (in the sense of "I don't think Kast is scummy, but I also don't think those attacking him are either") but Kast's is subtly, and significantly, different from this - he never gives any direct reasoning for his own stance on Kast, but also says he doesn't "think the wagon is completely unfounded" (double negative = passive), and then says "I wouldn't like it to see it get out of hand". In other words, he's avoiding giving any substantial explanation of why he doesn't (as he claims) suspect Kast, but also offers tacit support to the wagon, with the too-townie proviso that he doesn't want it to get out of hand.
86: What "scummy vibes" from Pom?

Vote: Stevie

Note he does a few reasons for +5, but seems to add the +7 randomly. Was this just arbitrary to get a vote on Stevie? I don't see why it would only be +2 more than others, where you list a lot more reasons for him than Ace/CJ. This happens with the next few posts, he calls Stevie out more, but doesn't change the score on it.

What his posts do reflect on me is a better case on Lobster, for calling out Amrun's posts, yet Lobster isn't calling her scummy.

He adds a few more points to Amrun, and this is where I become suspicious, because at this point Amrun should be at 60, and Stevie at 57, with the vote staying on Stevie. I'm not sure if this is just an error (because of the low point assignment from earlier), but I would like to see an updated point listing from volk.

But, I don't agree with this, except in very rare cases:
vollkan wrote: There's nothing non-committal about saying you support one wagon, whilst also believing that another player is more suspicious.

Result: Leaning Town contingent on correct adjusted score listing.
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:05 pm

Post by LobsterCatapult »

Amrun wrote:Lobster, when did grey say something about multiscum? Must have missed it.

Also, just because I moved from Nocmen to you without explaining it much doesn't mean it is "opportunistic." It is, in fact, the opposite. I moved from a wagon with three votes to a wagon with none - that you're trying to brand that as opportunistic is laughable, actually, and shows you're totally fabricating your omgus case on me.

quote="GreyICE"]
Amrun wrote:I thought Nocmen claimed scum according to you. Are you ever going to explain that or show conviction in your reads, Grey?

Sure, soon as there stops being MULTIPLE SCUM I'll be happy to pick one and stick to him.

I mean unless you have a "Lone Scumman" theory you'd like to share.[/quote]

i misread the post count when i saw your vote on me, but it doesnt make my point for you using CJ as a crutch to vote for me less valid.

im now voting for you for these reasons.
0) your vote on nocmen, in my opinion, seemed weak.
1) your stance on the stevie wagon, and your evolving reasons for doing so. (going from not being on the wagon because nocmen was, then to stevie not being scummy)
2) not understanding your 2nd vote on me for simply being on nocmen, it looked like deflecting
3) your vote going back onto me during when i was V/LA.
4) you having a fit over multiscum seems ingenuine.
5)your post saying you are intrested in what stevie has to say, then trying to get people on nocmen wagon, then switching your vote back to me.

all this seems scummy.

dinner time, ill reread drew to see what ppl are talking about.
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll do what I can to help yÔÇÖall. But, the gameÔÇÖs out there, and itÔÇÖs play or get played. That simpleÔÇØ ÔÇô Omar
~LC
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by Amrun »

0) Don't care.
1) Also don't care. It didn't evolve; I just didn't express myself clearly.
2) Not even close to my reasoning.
3) Didn't even realize you were v/la, and going v/la for like one day doesn't d shit to my votes or where I will place them.
4) Why wouldn't I be interested in what Stevie has to say? Ridiculous. I wanted people on Nocmen because I thought he was scum and stevie wasn't - this is 1 plus 1. WHAT is the scum motivation for abondoning that when I saw a special towntell to vote for my other top suspect who had no other votes? There is none kthx
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:49 pm

Post by Candle Jack »

Protown block is a good idea. I have town reads on all these players.

I think it would be best served used to destroy scum suspect number one Malthusis or two Lobster. If you think there is a better option I could consider that as well.
You said my name?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:13 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Malth:

Also votes for Grey like I did following the mason claim.

Calls out Stevie for stalling.

However, the main piece of suspicion (besides the lack of posts) is the fact that he calls Stevie "probably a mislynch", but wouldnt care if he got lynched. Not liking that.

I want to hear a lot more regarding his opinions on others this game.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:20 pm

Post by Kast »

I need to catch up. I skimmed some but more in depth thoughts later (I'm hoping we don't get another 8-10 pages of posts every weekend...that's gonna make this a pain).

For now, I'm good with a Lobster lynch. Ace and Noc are both still in the runnings as well.
VOTE: LC

There's a ton of group think going on, and I'm sure there's some scum mixing in with the group. I'm gonna hope/trust that the voting blocs don't get too silly and/or don't start giving each other free passes.

If there's questions for me, please link or repost, I'll get to them when I catch up tonight.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by Candle Jack »

Nocmen wrote:Malth:

Also votes for Grey like I did following the mason claim.

Calls out Stevie for stalling.

However, the main piece of suspicion (besides the lack of posts) is the fact that he calls Stevie "probably a mislynch", but wouldnt care if he got lynched. Not liking that.

I want to hear a lot more regarding his opinions on others this game.

Uh-oh. Is that post saying what I think it is? It might explain lurky malthusis...

Maybe not, given that third sentence (though note the "not liking" wording), but I'm not taking chances.

Unvote
for now. Let me look for a second target.

---

In other news, voting block is good. Though we should definitely consider adding Nocmen.

- Tar
You said my name?
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by populartajo »

LobsterCatapult wrote:
vote:Pomegranate

poor persephone :(
@antinfinity, why RNG?
fos: candlejack

not understanding the point on drew, reaching too much with amrun imo.

1. random vote for pom with a serious FOS for candlejack? bonus: rethoric question not designed to scumhunt, only designed to make antifinity look bad.

LobsterCatapult wrote:where has GI flailed around here or lost credibility? he claimed and sort of explained amrun's post. It seems to me you are trying to discredit GreyIce where there doesn't seem a need to be.

why not a fos for kast for reaching too much with greyice too?
maybe because uyou are scum with Kast?

LC about stevie and pom wrote:However, since i dont like stevie's posts about kast wagon, either, i think this is rather poor bussing/distancing. whatever.

LCabout amrun and pom wrote:Pom's post gives me a vibe of fencesitting with a caution town label afterwards, it makes me wonder if perhaps there is some distancing going on here between amrun and Pom.

never votes Pom, instead votes malthuysis and nocmen

gets into a useless argument with volkan about useless=/= scummy

LC's amrun saga wrote:this whole post carries the tone, imo, of scum who is trying to get on their scumbuddie's wagon for a late bus.

this attacks sucks, doesnt feel genuine, it's forced
bonus: LC joins the "stevie is scum" wagon without a vote.

LC wrote:multiscum is looking like a possibility here.

WAT IN HELL MADE YOU SAY THAT

LC wrote:
amrun wrote:Also, for someone talkng with scuch confidence about stevie being scum, you're not voting him.

i find them both scummy. and you. my vote is on nocmen because i find him scummier.

you were defenitely NOT pushing for his lynch and you were pretty happy with stevie getting to L-2, HUH?

LC answering to nocmen wrote:i didnt sheep amrun, though i do think how strongly you reacted was
a bit scummy

am I the only one seeing how SCUMMY is to call your FIRST SUSPECT actions A BIT SCUMMY.

LC answering to nocmen wrote:I think you being on Stevie's wagon is trying to get you townie points if stevie flips town

but you just said Stevie was scum with amrun??????????

LC scum fencesitting wrote:putting the most popular character as a safeclaim is something that has been done before in games ive played.
i'm thinking if stevie agrees to tajo's agreement, and if he is scum, it could just end in him claiming he was roleblocked the next day.

why wuld you say this if you are leaning town on stevie?

why the fixation with Kast's "stevie is a msilycnh"? . Is it because you know Stevie is town and want to make your scumpartner Kast look good when he flips?

LC wrote:@nocmen
i never really saw amrun as a town read, i began to find her more and more scummy as we went along

why are you answering questions to your TOP SUSPECT?

There is simnply too many scumtells in LC posting. I want her dead. In a deadpool.

CXCCCCCONFIRM VOTE: LOOBSTERCATAPULT
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:25 pm

Post by populartajo »

Kast wrote:I need to catch up. I skimmed some but more in depth thoughts later (I'm hoping we don't get another 8-10 pages of posts every weekend...that's gonna make this a pain).

For now, I'm good with a Lobster lynch. Ace and Noc are both still in the runnings as well.
VOTE: LC

There's a ton of group think going on, and I'm sure there's some scum mixing in with the group. I'm gonna hope/trust that the voting blocs don't get too silly and/or don't start giving each other free passes.

If there's questions for me, please link or repost, I'll get to them when I catch up tonight.

THIS ISNT A TL;DR POST FOR MR. KAST

THIS IS A DESPERATE BUSSING MANUEVER TO LOOK GOD WHEN LC FLIPS SCUM

MARK MY WORDS CUZ IM GETTING NKD TONIGHT
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:26 pm

Post by populartajo »

BONUS: TRYING TO BRING DISTRUST IN THE VOTING BLOCK

PRETTY SURE YOU WOULDT HAVE SAID THAT IF YOU WERE ON IT

HUHUHUHUHUH?
Call me Tajo.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:58 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I think my block vote goes for LC under the logic of adding Tajo in the event of a scum flip.

Mind you I think he's town but no way is this a bus.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Hi, okay. Could someone on the Noc wagon please summarize its main points? Because otherwise
I'm all for an LC lynch. Tajo's got a solid case, man. VOTE: LC.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:09 pm

Post by Candle Jack »

Vote: LobsterC
You said my name?
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:09 pm

Post by vollkan »

Nocmen wrote:
Note he does a few reasons for +5, but seems to add the +7 randomly. Was this just arbitrary to get a vote on Stevie? I don't see why it would only be +2 more than others, where you list a lot more reasons for him than Ace/CJ.

Frankly, I agree that it was probably too low a score. It arose because normally my scores are +5 (minor scumtell), +7 (moderate scumtell), +10 (major scumtells), with +10 generally being reserved for massive contradictions. I vaguely remember thinking "Stevie never made a major contradiction, so it merits +7". The difficulty with this, of course, is that it didn't maintain relativity with the other scores, by virtue of failing to independently value each tell.

If I had valued Stevie's tells independently, he'd be at 62. Of course, the actual difference this makes is minimal, since he'd still be leading.

Nocmen wrote:
What his posts do reflect on me is a better case on Lobster, for calling out Amrun's posts, yet Lobster isn't calling her scummy.

I don't recall attacking Lobster for callling out Amrun. I disagreed with Lobster for
agreeing
with Amrun in relation to Pom's post.

Nocmen wrote:
He adds a few more points to Amrun, and this is where I become suspicious, because at this point Amrun should be at 60, and Stevie at 57, with the vote staying on Stevie. I'm not sure if this is just an error (because of the low point assignment from earlier), but I would like to see an updated point listing from volk.

5 points were assigned to Amrun in his own right (bolded in my ISO), a further 10 points were relational tells to Stevie-scum (ie. essentially notes-to-self to add points on Amrun should Stevie flip scum).

The score chart as it currently stands is:

PlayerScore
Amrun55
Kawaii50
GreyICE50
Antifinity50
Candle Jack55
populartajo50
Iecerint50
Nocmen50
Surye50
Celeboki50
malthusis50
Starbuck50
ace539355
drewoftherushes50
ZeL1nk50
StevieT9257
Ghostwriter50
SpyreX50
Kast50
Pomegranate55
LobsterCatapult50
LadyLambdaDelta50

Given the current pause on Stevie, I need to reread to find a stronger suspect. I will start with Lobster and, if that affirms my current null position, I will reread those at 55.

LobsterCatapult wrote:
I think you being on Stevie's wagon is trying to get you townie points if stevie flips town

Should that second occurrence of "town" be "scum"? Because it doesn't make sense otherwise...
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:11 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Choo chooo

Unvote, Vote: LC
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:12 pm

Voting bloc powers, activate~

Unvote; Vote: LC

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by Candle Jack »

Locked and loaded boys.

You said my name?
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by populartajo »

Pomegranate wrote:Hi, okay. Could someone on the Noc wagon please summarize its main points? Because otherwise

what part of it did you like the most?
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by populartajo »

vollkan wrote:
LobsterCatapult wrote:
I think you being on Stevie's wagon is trying to get you townie points if stevie flips town

Should that second occurrence of "town" be "scum"? Because it doesn't make sense otherwise...

thoughts of this being a slip?
Call me Tajo.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:34 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

populartajo wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:Hi, okay. Could someone on the Noc wagon please summarize its main points? Because otherwise

what part of it did you like the most?

How her votes often didn't line up with her actual suspicions. IIRC, there was a post in which LC detailed in length specific things she found scummy of my play, and then promptly proceed to vote a lurker (malth?). I mean, WTH?
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”