Neon Genesis Evangelion Mafia (Game Over)

ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:47 pm

Post by ace5993 »

The wall on LC is OK but this:

populartajo wrote:
vollkan wrote:
LobsterCatapult wrote:
I think you being on Stevie's wagon is trying to get you townie points if stevie flips town

Should that second occurrence of "town" be "scum"? Because it doesn't make sense otherwise...

thoughts of this being a slip?

is a 100% Freudian slip ftw. I'd vote if it wasn't L-2.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Okay, I hate to piss on everyone's party, because I love this alliance, but I'm smelling town off LC. Not to toot my own horn, but I've seen scum LC before, called him midway through day 1 in SHR and this just ain't it.

My number one problem with LC was that his vote was sitting orphened on Malthusis (who had given me no reason to think he was town so it wasn't a terribad vote) until Mathusis started to build noise then he moved it over to Amrun. However, if we assume Malthusis is town, there's no scum motivation behind that move, and suddenly LC gets a whole lot less scummy for me. Besides which I think the reasoning in ISO #4,5, and 16 feels somewhat town.

I'd rather see a wagon on Amrun, or failing that do another reread with new info.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by Amrun »

GUYS you make me so happy <3

Some thoughts:

SpyreX, what do you mean tajo is scum if LC is if it's not bussing? Have I misunderstood?

Tajo: That is not a slip. I think the post makes sense.

Pom: 499 is fucking terrible. She didn't notice that when LC did it, when I pointed it out first, when Nocmen pointed it out second, but now that tajo says it a 4th or 5th time when Lobster's wagon is on, it's worth a "wtf" and a vote? Interestingly, this could go either way: opportunism OR bus, so it increases Pom's chance of being scum for sure.

If LC flips scum, I will suspect tajo a little bit. He didn't pay any attention to the wagon before, but all of a sudden spits out a quotewall case that is almost entirely regurgitations of points Nocmen and I raised previously? It could be genuine, but it struck me a ittle bit odd.

P-edit: what do you mean when noise started to build on malthusis? That never happened until recently and LC wasn't voting him then.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:54 pm

Post by SpyreX »

SpyreX, what do you mean tajo is scum if LC is if it's not bussing? Have I misunderstood?

Yep. :P

I meant adding Tajo to the awesome bloc of awesome if LC flips scum hands down guaranteed. As an aside, I personally think Tajo is town++ regardless.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Tajo is town regardless :D
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:57 pm

Post by Nocmen »

GreyICE wrote:Okay, I hate to piss on everyone's party, because I love this alliance, but I'm smelling town off LC. Not to toot my own horn, but I've seen scum LC before, called him midway through day 1 in SHR and this just ain't it.

My number one problem with LC was that his vote was sitting orphened on Malthusis (who had given me no reason to think he was town so it wasn't a terribad vote) until Mathusis started to build noise then he moved it over to Amrun. However, if we assume Malthusis is town, there's no scum motivation behind that move, and suddenly LC gets a whole lot less scummy for me. Besides which I think the reasoning in ISO #4,5, and 16 feels somewhat town.

I'd rather see a wagon on Amrun, or failing that do another reread with new info.

And why do you think Malth is town?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:00 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Nocmen wrote:
GreyICE wrote:Okay, I hate to piss on everyone's party, because I love this alliance, but I'm smelling town off LC. Not to toot my own horn, but I've seen scum LC before, called him midway through day 1 in SHR and this just ain't it.

:neutral:

:?

:(

:mad:

:evil:

Vote: Malthusis
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:03 pm

Post by Candle Jack »

Nocmen wrote:

Wait, WHAT?!

Nocmen: What is your opinion on a malthusis lynch?

HoS: malthusis
, may shift to vote depending on response.
You said my name?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:04 pm

Post by Amrun »

You are misinterpreting him, I think, CJ.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:08 pm

Post by Candle Jack »

Amrun wrote:You are misinterpreting him, I think, CJ.

Possibly so. I still want clarification.
You said my name?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:15 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Candle Jack wrote:
Nocmen wrote:

Wait, WHAT?!

Nocmen: What is your opinion on a malthusis lynch?

HoS: malthusis
, may shift to vote depending on response.

Null due to lurker so far. Willing to go either way based on his reads once he posts.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:18 pm

Post by Nocmen »

And to explain the post before that: Grey makes a mention that if Malth is town, there's less scum motivation for LC. So if he says he's starting to lean town on LC, does that imply the reverse? That it's likely that Malth is town?

Yet now Grey votes him. Interesting.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:18 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Oooohhhhhh.

I see what you're getting at.

Unvote; Vote: Malth
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:20 pm

Post by Amrun »

Wait, what? That isn't the reverse, Nocmen.

GUYS look at the freaking VCs and figure out you are wrong. *sigh*
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:41 pm

Post by StevieT92 »

Let's hear you claim, Lobster.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:56 pm

Post by GreyICE »

StevieT92 wrote:Let's hear you claim, Lobster.

Why aren't we lynching obvscum here. WHY?

Anyway, not touching LC before I hit Malthusis because I've learned my lessons about carts in front of horses.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:58 pm

Post by LobsterCatapult »

ok, so i read back on drew: he really hasn't done much of anything(which is why i needed to go back and reread him, becuase he isnt memorable to me at all) hasn't made any waves, seems to just kinda coast. he also hasn't really commented on anything indepth or done much scumhunting. he doesn't strike me as scummy as amrun, nocmen or malthusis currently are, however there are some things in his ISO that strike me as scummy.

i dont like his 11, after GreyIce's post. it seems like he is throwing that out there as a bit of a rolefish to other possible watcher/hunters. or to at least get talking about other possible town roles that to me, despite greyice's claim, doesnt seem protown.

i dont like his 304 either, i think its probable he is trying to make icerint divulge more of his own methods of scumhunting when any and all scumhunting that drew has done is in 148, which points to a very popular reason that people began to suspect stevie to begin with. not stating that what stevie said about greyice and his flavor wasn't scummy, but it seems like a fairly safe place to be on the wagon if scum.

drew is not pinging my scumdar majorly, but he is definitely someone i think is skating underneath the radar and should be watched carefully.

i decided to look into other players i havent really paid to much attention to yet.

LLD: i find her town, i like the way she caught up after she replaced in, her most townie post to me was 370.

antinfinity: right off the bat, i dont really like the RNG. i dont have too much against it, but why cant you just vote for someone without it? i also dont really like his vote on stevie here:
Antifinity wrote:
I gathered a ton of posts on Stevie while catching up but it seems kind of pointless now. I'm actually going to
vote: Stevie
right now, despite shenanigans, since I consider it highly unlikely that something that moves votes would also trigger into effect on lynch. If anyone has a reason to suspect this is risky though, I don't mind unvoting. Oh, and just point of order,
FoS Nocmen
I'm pretty confident he'll be vigged tonight, but if not, I'm pre-in for that wagon

i dont like how he is trying to give himself an easy out of unvoting him, and also a pretty easy on. and i may have missed it, but why do you think noc is going to be vigged tonight? and if that opinion has changed why?

also, why vote for nocmen if you are convinced he is vig bait? why not go after someone else?

ace: i have a mild gut read of town on ace, though, i decided that i need to look into his interactions with drew. i didnt like his post 35. i feel like that early on in day, if you feel like spyrex is the most scummy, you should try to push your wagon, not just latch onto kast's. (note im saying at that time, his next posts he clears spyrex of suspicion) his 170 i dont quite understand, im not sure why he thinks that kast is doing so much less scumhunting than stevie has done, but i do need to look back into kast after this. i like how he goes after nocmen in post 176, i felt the same way about it, however, im not sure if im sold on his way of wagoning. im begining to understand why people think that ace or drew could be scum, but probably not together.

overall, im getting a mixed read from ace. i am generally getting a null/slightly town reads from his posts. i think he is contributing, and i think he brings up things about kast im going to have to look back over, i am not sure if i agree with him that kast is scum, i dont think i agree with his priorities on wagons and pressure, i think he whines a bit about not having enough support for the kast wagon, and not doing enough to fully champion the wagon to warrent the whining. and i think him being so vehement on not lynching "a rei" d1 could be determental, because mods do use main characters as safeclaims. but i think ace is being overall pretty consistent with his posts, however, i want to know why he thinks the malthusis wagon is now the better wagon.

oh, also, i saw this in ace's iso. i meant to say in that post "I think you being on Stevie's wagon is trying to get you townie points if stevie flips town" i meant to say "being OFF stevie's wagon".

ill go back and look into kast in a bit.
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll do what I can to help yÔÇÖall. But, the gameÔÇÖs out there, and itÔÇÖs play or get played. That simpleÔÇØ ÔÇô Omar
~LC
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:58 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Seriously I also want to turn this back around
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:12 pm

Post by Kdub »

Day 1 - Vote Count #20

Amrun (1)
- LobsterCatapult
Kawaii (0)
-
GreyICE (2)
- malthusis, StevieT92
Antifinity (0)
-
Candle Jack (0)
-
populartajo (0)
-
Iecerint (0)
-
Nocmen (1)
- Antifinity
Surye (0)
-
Celebloki (0)
-
malthusis (3)
- ace5993, GreyICE, Lady Lambdadelta
Starbuck (0)
-
ace5993 (1)
- GhostWriter
drewoftherushes (1)
- ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK (0)
-
StevieT92 (1)
- drewoftherushes
GhostWriter (0)
-
SpyreX (0)
-
Kast (1)
- Surye
vollkan (0)
-
Pomegranate (0)
-
LobsterCatapult (8)
- Amrun, populartajo, Nocmen, Celebloki, Kast, Pomegranate, Candle Jack, SpyreX
Lady Lambdadelta (0)
-
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (4)
- Kawaii, Iecerint, vollkan, Starbuck

23 votes available, 12 votes needed to lynch

Deadline is July 18, ~ 10 am PDT
Last edited by Kdub on Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:26 pm

Post by StevieT92 »

LC wrote:

oh, also, i saw this in ace's iso. i meant to say in that post "I think you being on Stevie's wagon is trying to get you townie points if stevie flips town" i meant to say "being OFF stevie's wagon".

I buy this, and think that Ace's post of "100% a fruedian slip" is very scummy.

The case against Lobster is almost all from before she went V/LA. Her posts since then have actually been very critical and great posts..which is an interesting dynamic. Look at #262 which i feel is a really weak attempt to defend herself and she seems to be flailing around a bit. Whereas her recent post she makes good points about drew and yet now that she has a huge wagon on her is ignoring it entirely. This is scummy to me.

Lobster, you are at L-2 i believe. Claim or die.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:30 pm

Post by vollkan »

populartajo wrote:
vollkan wrote:
LobsterCatapult wrote:
I think you being on Stevie's wagon is trying to get you townie points if stevie flips town

Should that second occurrence of "town" be "scum"? Because it doesn't make sense otherwise...

thoughts of this being a slip?

I don't see how it could be. LC just typed the word "townie"; it's hardly that far-fetched that she would then type "town" again by mistake. I'm also not sure what the scumslip would be - it's not like she's revealing any information.

Pomegranate wrote:
populartajo wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:Hi, okay. Could someone on the Noc wagon please summarize its main points? Because otherwise
I'm all for an LC lynch. Tajo's got a solid case, man. VOTE: LC.

what part of it did you like the most?

How her votes often didn't line up with her actual suspicions. IIRC, there was a post in which LC detailed in length specific things she found scummy of my play, and then promptly proceed to vote a lurker (malth?). I mean, WTH?

I don't think this attack is accurate. You make it sound like LC's voting post contained a detailed case against you, and then proceeded to simply vote Malthusis for lurking. I get why you would think that, but the problem with LC's post is subty different

Her attack on you:
LC wrote: pom's 41 was pretty garbage indeed, and she ended up reversing her vote like that. which.....in turn, i find a bit scummy. i find her 41 a bit scummy, and i feel after she got called out on it, she switched her vote to stevie at the soonest point she found acceptable. However, since i dont like stevie's posts about kast wagon, either, i think this is rather poor bussing/distancing. whatever.

And, moreover, her reasoning for voting malthusis was not his lurking:
LC wrote: however, i really don't like malthusis' vote right after it.

thus, taking my own advice, im going to vote malthusis.

unvote
vote:malthusis

Voting a scummy lurker over scummy actives is only scummy if the reason for voting the lurker is their lurking. That said, there is a problem with LC's post, but it isn't the one that you are identifying. It's that the reasons for suspecting malthusis are so much less developed.

@LC:
What did you mean by "taking my own advice"? I had a look in the previous posts to the above, and there was nothing which would explain why the malthusis vote had such little development, compared especially to your paragraph on Pom.

GreyICE wrote:
Nocmen wrote:

:neutral:

:?

:(

:mad:

:evil:

Vote: Malthusis

*confused*

Your argument is that one action by LC isn't a scumtell if malthusis is town. All that means is that the action might be a relational scumtell if malthusis is scum. It doesn't constitute a scumtell on its own in respect of malthusis.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:32 pm

Post by GreyICE »

So uh... Stevie doesn't claim and then he insists other people claim. Take two.

SpyreX, Tar, explain to me why he's alive. LLD, I know you're as happy to eat flavor bullshittery and role bullshittery for lunch as I am, is there any reason outside those he shouldn't have a short drop today?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:33 pm

Post by StevieT92 »

GreyICE wrote:

Even if malthusis is town there is still motivation for that - she wants to be seen voting people for good cause and yet doesn't want to be a part of a large wagon. That's a way scum can sort of slip through the day without being noticed.

As far as you still wanting to lynch me, you are irrational and a fool. Just because I realize that you're scum doesn't mean you should irrationally vote someone who just put down a solid claim. No one has come out and said they were Rei instead of me, and Rei is certainly a character aligned with nerv. You are damning yourself with your mouth.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:34 pm

Post by GreyICE »

vollkan wrote:*confused*

Your argument is that one action by LC isn't a scumtell if malthusis is town. All that means is that the action might be a relational scumtell if malthusis is scum. It doesn't constitute a scumtell on its own in respect of malthusis.

Ayiyi Malthisus was scummy until Nocmen made that one post then Nocmen made that other post that ate the first post and then well so etc. CJ saw it too.

I still want Steeevie DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD

Pedit: Lemme lynch it guys, pleeeeaaaasseeee
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades