gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:14 pm

Post by gorilla »

Regfan, it was a joke because Kanye has a song called "Power". It wasn't an actual claim.

And actually Nikanor makes a good point, slaxx comes up with power roles based on song names, I couldn't find a good song to fakeclaim a power role for Weezer last game so I didn't. I mean, here there's not nearly as much incentive to lie but it is still technically possible
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:17 pm

Post by Furry »

Powerrox93 wrote:VOTE: Furry
Answer my question! NOW!

heh

His posts make no sense from someone who knows that ani is scum. They are all from the mindset of someone who either knows that ani is town, or has no idea what ani is. Just do a quick iso skim of him, there is no way that he is scum and launching a full scale anger push on someone who he thinks is a vig AND is confirmed town AND just killed scum.

That and those posts normally dont come from town period. I dont think I have him quite as town as Nik does, but im pretty sure he is town.
Temporary unretired alt
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:19 pm

Post by Regfan »

Furry, you're
very very very
wrong. A game is won or lost within the first day phase majority of the time, a scum flip with lots of content allows for interactions to be drawn to nearly be able to PoE the scum.

No Gorilla, he doesn't. You have it wrong, if the roles were based upon the song person A could pick a song that has strong ressembelence to cop just to attain that role. You can confirm it with Slaxx yourself, the songs name and bands choice has NO indication to the persons allignment or role.
Parabollocks
Parabollocks
Goon
Parabollocks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:20 pm

Post by Parabollocks »

gorilla wrote:Regfan, it was a joke because Kanye has a song called "Power". It wasn't an actual claim.

And actually Nikanor makes a good point, slaxx comes up with power roles based on song names, I couldn't find a good song to fakeclaim a power role for Weezer last game so I didn't. I mean, here there's not nearly as much incentive to lie but it is still technically possible

don't forget that alot of people fake-claimed even as town their first time asking for a band-claim, only i did it twice and fooled you to think i was a jailer.
Town: 4-1
Scum: 0-1

Going under a mafia personality revelation, my meta will be fluxuating.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:23 pm

Post by Furry »

Regfan wrote:Furry, you're
very very very
wrong. A game is won or lost within the first day phase majority of the time, a scum flip with lots of content allows for interactions to be drawn to nearly be able to PoE the scum.

I dont mind a kill like that of a liability player. They help the town in the mid-late game more often than not. Either way I think mid-game days are most essential for keeping town on the right track. Good scum easily can take a lynch of a partner day one and use it against the town, town loses momentum, and then the game. Later the first scum lynch, usually more connections to others as well.
Temporary unretired alt
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:25 pm

Post by Pine »

My second choice was Stan Rogers, a semi-obscure Canadian folk singer that died in '83. I can come up with songs for just about any PR. Just to screw with you all. Went with Flogging Molly though.

I don't see much more to do with this day until Slaxx reveals whether Furry is a moron verging on my policy/blacklist or full of shit and perhaps clever.

PE: Furry, I find your post 101 to be unduly condescending from someone I've never heard of or played with before. You really don't think I'm capable of being convincing? Your move was STUPID. Regardless of your, Animorph's, or my alignment.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:26 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Regfan wrote:No Gorilla, he doesn't. You have it wrong, if the roles were based upon the song person A could pick a song that has strong ressembelence to cop just to attain that role. You can confirm it with Slaxx yourself, the songs name and bands choice has NO indication to the persons allignment or role.

No, you are mistaken. While alignments and Boolean-power were assigned randomly, the actual abilities that a power role has is determined by the songs that the band sings, not including the song that you submitted.
The reason for why we're massclaiming this is because if a mafier claims Celine Dion and then wants to fakeclaim doctor, they'll have to find a song by Celine Dion that fits the doctor role. It really limits the scum's fakeclaim potential.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Pine wrote:My second choice was Stan Rogers, a semi-obscure Canadian folk singer that died in '83. I can come up with songs for just about any PR. Just to screw with you all. Went with Flogging Molly though.

I don't see much more to do with this day until Slaxx reveals whether Furry is a moron verging on my policy/blacklist or full of shit and perhaps clever.

PE: Furry, I find your post 101 to be unduly condescending from someone I've never heard of or played with before. You really don't think I'm capable of being convincing? Your move was STUPID. Regardless of your, Animorph's, or my alignment.

You should play more games with Furry. He's pretty awesome.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Regfan:

I think what Nikanor is trying to do is lower the ability of scum to fakeclaim.

@Furry:

Still, the time we might miss out on could make us lose. We lose time that could lead us to connections later on.

In all seriousness, Furry is still amazing butthurt. Get over it.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:31 pm

Post by Regfan »

Furry, we're not going to agree about this I stand by that D1 and D2 are the most important days in the game and a good town should be able to assure a win through providing good content during it.

Nikandor, I'll ask Slaxx later but the band you chose literally means nothing when it comes to the song/role ect. I'll give you an example if you like; If I were to choose a band that only has 2 songs both being about the police does that mean it's impossible for me to be a doctor? No.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by gorilla »

Regfan wrote:Furry, you're
very very very

No Gorilla, he doesn't. You have it wrong, if the roles were based upon the song person A could pick a song that has strong ressembelence to cop just to attain that role. You can confirm it with Slaxx yourself, the songs name and bands choice has NO indication to the persons allignment or role.

Not the song they choose, the song slaxx chooses. I'll even quote from the signup thread (emphasis mine):

-Note: Your main performance song's lyrics will be used in your death flavor, so make it count. The band you choose will not have an effect on your alignment or whether you are a PR or not, however,
your artist's other songs might determine what type of PR you get
. (Example: In 90s band, Everclear's "I can Buy You a New Life" was Doc, In 00s Band, Green Day's "Know Your Enemy" was Cop).

also

UNVOTE:

could it be

could we both be town

i can dream
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:36 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Regfan wrote:I'll give you an example if you like; If I were to choose a band that only has 2 songs both being about the police does that mean it's impossible for me to be a doctor? No.

I'm pretty sure that would make it impossible for you to be anything non-investigative, but there's not much point in arguing over it without mod input.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:39 pm

Post by Furry »

animorpherv1 wrote:Still, the time we might miss out on could make us lose. We lose time that could lead us to connections later on.

Day one is usually very high signal to noise, which bears the arguement of the usefullness of a N0 in games. I basically made this game a N0 game where I am confirmed town pregame. Joy up.

@Reg - "good" is the key word. Most towns have a little bit of dead wieght or lynch bait attached to them, which the handling of into the midgame I feel has the most bearing on who will win a game. I would rather lynch town, town, scum than scum, town, town anyday

This is all theory now though. Im going to bed. If im alive day two yay. If not meh.
Temporary unretired alt
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:41 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

No, you are not confirmed town. Get over your ego and play with the rest of us.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:41 pm

Post by Powerrox93 »

@Furry:
animorpherv1 wrote:No, you are not confirmed town. Get over your ego and play with the rest of us.
Hoping to make a comeback to mafia soon...

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by Nikanor »

animorpherv1 wrote:No, you are not confirmed town. Get over your ego and play with
the rest of us
everyone but me, cuz I'm ded.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:43 pm

Post by Pine »

I REALLY don't like that self-christening as ConfTown. It just doesn't...smell...right.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:45 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

FTR, I would have said the exact same thing had you daykilled, for example, DH.

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Pine wrote:I REALLY don't like that self-christening as ConfTown. It just doesn't...smell...right.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:47 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

ITT Pine can smell posts.

Btw, If I end up dieing, quote this D2:

Pine, Nikanor and Regfan are all town.

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:50 pm

Post by Slaxx »

On my phone but your song pool does affect what type of PR you get (know your enemy by green day was cop in 00s). Band choice has no effect on whether you are PR or your alignment, but if you draw PR, your artists songs do determine what possible power you could have.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:52 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Also, Furry is coming across as trying too hard to look like town.

@mod: Am I dead or alive? Furry daykilled me earlier.

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:01 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Oh great... this isn't good.

Guys, whatever you do, do
NOT
target Furry tonight. I'm getting a bad feeling from all of this. "Daykills" me, then suddenly wants to be shot? Rings of mafia PGO.

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:09 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Vote Count 1.01

Furry(4): CSL, Animorpherv1, NintendoAddict1, Powerrox93
CSL(2): Seraphim, Pine
Diddin(1): Juls
Parama(1): Parabollocks
Cogito Ergo Sum(1): Nikanor
Evilpacman18(1): Diddin
Juls(1): Regfan
Gaoth(0):
AntB(0):
Demonhybrid(0):
Regfan(0):
Parabollocks(0):
Pine(0):
Powerrox93(0):
NintendoAddict1(0):
Seraphim(0):
Nikanor(0):
Animorpherv1(0):
Groundsel(0):
Gorilla(0):

Not Voting (9):
Gaoth, AntB, Demonhybrid, Parama, Furry, Groundsel, Cogito Ergo Sum, Evilpacman18, Gorilla

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch and 10 to no lynch. Deadline is in (expired on 2011-07-14 22:22:00)
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:10 pm

Post by CSL »

Die, Furry.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O