Neon Genesis Evangelion Mafia (Game Over)

Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:29 pm

Post by Kdub »

Day 1 - Vote Count #26

Amrun (2)
- LobsterCatapult, Candle Jack
Kawaii (0)
-
GreyICE (1)
- StevieT92
Antifinity (0)
-
Candle Jack (0)
-
populartajo (0)
-
Iecerint (0)
-
Nocmen (1)
- Antifinity
Surye (1)
- malthusis
Celebloki (0)
-
malthusis (7)
- ace5993, Lady Lambdadelta, GreyICE, ZeL1nK, Surye, Celebloki, Nocmen
Starbuck (0)
-
ace5993 (2)
- GhostWriter, Iecerint
drewoftherushes (0)
-
ZeL1nK (0)
-
StevieT92 (1)
- drewoftherushes
GhostWriter (0)
-
SpyreX (0)
-
Kast (0)
-
vollkan (0)
-
Pomegranate (0)
-
LobsterCatapult (5)
- Amrun, populartajo, Kast, Pomegranate, SpyreX
Lady Lambdadelta (0)
-
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (3)
- Kawaii, vollkan, Starbuck

23 votes available, 12 votes needed to lynch

Deadline is July 18, ~ 10 am PDT
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:18 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Limited Access until the 2nd or 3rd. I'll still ha e some activity though.

Acknowledged
-K
Last edited by Kdub on Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:37 am

Post by ZeL1nK »

celebloki #575 wrote:I think Lobster took the pressure of the wagon well and I agree that she isn't coming off too Lobsertscum. I have never played a game with her but I have read through a few, namely super hero revolution. It's still pretty far from our deadline and I feel we can benefit on taking the Malth wagon further.

Two things:

- What about LC's play do you think makes her town in this game?
- What's your read on Malthusis? Or are you just voting him to join the party?

Thoroughly underwhelmed by this post.

--

pom #596 wrote:GI's Post #583 is great Surye is definitely scummy, but I don't think I'd call him actual scum yet.

lol...

--

drew #597 wrote:I'm damn near willing to vote just to end this day, but were not really that close on anyone, so whatever.

It's good to know that you're willing to end this day early after being inactive for most of it. Do you have any suspicions? Comments on anyone? Anything?

--

Surye reading as town. The big catchup post was meh, but the rest of his posts since then have been giving me town vibes. Malthusis still scum on p25, that case on surye was bad.

drew still doing nothing on p26, just coasting by, defending himself and not a trace of scum hunting.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:58 am

Post by Kast »

@Stevie wagon-
Glad to see the wagon disperse. It still strongly looks like a mix of town-scum jumping aboard an acceptable wagon not because Stevie was actually scummy, but rather because he's a weak player who can't defend himself very well. Even his refusal to claim was hardly scummy; it's simply anti-town play that tends to get a player lynched. The townies on the Stevie wagon were likely getting themselves hung up on the bad/anti-town play and fallaciously convincing themselves that anti-town/bad play = scummy play.

Iec wrote:enough of his analysis seems motivated to support theses that I don't think are very plausible that I am suspicious
How does this differ at all from my behavior in BatB1? All of my analysis support the conclusions I reach; and in both this game and that you agreed with some things and disagreed with others.
Iec wrote:GreyICE, which, while reasonable questions, seemed to be presented in lieu of other game participation, if that makes any sense.
An issue I have with this is that you don't address whether I avoided other game participation or not. There's plenty of posts to form an opinion on whether your initial feeling proved true or not.

@Tajo-
Your pattern is kinda old. Each game we play you start by saying you hate me for my wallotexts. Then you proceed to wall it up yourself and admit I'm town when you finally read my posts.

@Malthusis-
Overall, he's an acceptable lynch, primarily for his initial GreyICE overreaction vote and for his current Surye "I've gotta get people off my case" vote.
Malthusis wrote:I also have good gut feeling that this is probably a mislynch, but unless Stevie has one hell of a claim (and now, don't do any retarded stalling!) I won't mind him being lynched at all.
It looks like a lot of people are harping over this line. It's not anywhere near as blatantly scummy as has been proposed. On the face of it, this simply states he thinks Stevie's behavior is extremely anti-town and if he gets lynched for it, then he deserves it, regardless of affiliation. It could potentially indicate Malthusis setting up to go with the prevailing attitude (which would be a bit scummy).
Malthusis wrote:All you are doing are just following the crowd, picking out whatever quotes support yours, trying to break town trust between townies, instead of actually trying to find scum.
Are you describing your own post? LLD/GreyICE's Surye attack is just as bad now that you're sheeping it as it was when they first pushed it forward.

@Town Bloc-
CandleJack wrote:As town,
you want to get as many town
(hopefully mutual)
reads as possible
, not vote any of them, and collaborate and hunt down the scum that way.
This summarizes my disagreement with the prevailing town bloc philosophy. It reads like a core scum philosophy, ESPECIALLY the underlined portion. As town we should be searching for SCUM primarily. Town reads are helpful along the way, but giving players free passes simply because they agree with you or because they made a few pro-town sounding posts is BAD PLAY. This game has plenty of players who have solid scum games where they play just as if they were actually town. That alone makes searching for town-reads INSTEAD OF searching for scum reads a bad idea. With the way people are handing out town reads simply based on 1 or 2 posts that they like, this is even worse.

If a group of players all agree on a case and all decide to vote on that case; that's great. When a group of players decides to vote on a case, irresepective of it's merits and simply do it because the most vocal players are also doing it; we're just letting scum blend in and avoid responsibility.

drew wrote:Because if there's a talented and vocal scum in that group, he or he could have control of six votes. That's a good thing?
This, but also just if there's an idiot and the rest just follow the group think. Like what's happening now with LC pretty much getting a free pardon.

Of the players in the bloc, I'm liking LLD the least; she pretty much just called all the other members townies based on...
playing with them before?
; sheeped/buddied/whatever you want to call it the reads of her proclaimed townies, then took some WTF?! potshots at her "approved" scum list.

@Surye-
LLD's attacks on Surye re:GI are a huge misrepresentation. (Lulz, go ahead and put me down as his buddy for disagreeing with you :P). GI's and Maltusis' attacks are similarly bad.

@Noc-
Goodpost, but you're prolly still scum.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:02 am

Post by GreyICE »

@SpyreX: what do you think of Amrun and an Amrun wagon?

Same question to Vollkan.

@Kast: Are you an alt of Yosarian?
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:14 am

Post by Kdub »

Kawaii has been prodded.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:38 am

Post by Pomegranate »

drewoftherushes wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:
drewoftherushes wrote:
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:"Town voting bloc freaks me out a little bit"

KILL IT WITH FIRE.

SOMEONE HAVE A VIG? SHOOT DREW WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE~

Actually, this attitude freaks me out even more than the voting bloc. "kill everyone who criticizes the voting bloc! They're sowing discord!"

The idea of five or six people who have decided to unite their votes because they all think they're town ON DAY 1 is scary, yeah. So if I'm so scummy, why don't you vote me, LL?

Drew, if you'd like to know, the absolute best way to not get lynched is to scumhunt. Now, how about you stop making me think you're scum/daring people to vote for you (hint: not a good move), and do some
? Like, giving out reads and analyzing stuff, y'know?

I know I've been A shitty scumhunter today. It take me a while to get going, especially in big games. But as I said, I'll be more able to do that soon. I just wanted to give some impressions. So I apologize.

And when is soon? Because admitting that you haven't done any scumhunting doesn't make up for it or anything.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:56 am

Post by SpyreX »

@SpyreX: what do you think of Amrun and an Amrun wagon?

I'm very ambivalent towards Amrun.

Which means an Amrun wagon is okkk but
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:28 am

Post by Candle Jack »

Post 663 blows my town read on Kast to hell and back.

Once I get more time (hopefully later tonight) I need to go back over him with a fine-tooth comb.

- Tar
You said my name?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:29 pm

Hahahahaha.

Kast, I gave reasons in my catchup for my town and scumreads.

None of them were based on Meta.

So the on "misrepresenting" here is you~

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:40 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Sorry, these last 2 days have been busy with VA appointments and college applications. Gonna start my catch up here in a minute.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by StevieT92 »

I think the "A rei" thing is being overblown, but since I was asked I will respond to it. I am the only Rei in this game as far as I can believe.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:53 pm

Post by Kast »

@GI-
No

@LLD-
I gave reasons in my catchup for my town

False. You lie blatantly. You also try to lump two distinct criticisms into a single point; perhaps this helps you avoid addressing either?

You proclaimed 7 players town as of your "town list".
-If we STRETCH, we can pretend you provided 1 "reason" for thinking Iecrint slight town due to his catchup being "likable" (presumably scum post bad catchups?).
-If we STRETCH some more, we can pretend you declared GI town for claiming to be a miller.
-You posted a reason CJ is not town, but call him town ANYWAY (presumably because he is Tar).

Everyone else is town because they...posted?...gave you something to sheep?...????
Amrun is town for Page 4

GI is town for his claim.

SpyreX is glorious glorious town, and I'm happy for this.

Volkan is looking town.

Still though, I have a town read on the Candle Jack slot

Tajo is town

I have a slight town read on Iece now, but I will wait for further posting. I liked his catchup though.
Show

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:23 pm

Post by Amrun »

V/La for an indefinite period of time. My father had a heart attack. I will probably post a little, or maybe even a lot, depending on how much distraction I want, but I may disappear for a couple of days and wanted to make everyone aware.

Got it.
-K
Last edited by Kdub on Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:26 pm

Kast, keep misrepping.

You're quoting small strips of my posts DELIBERATELY leaving out the part where I mention pages.

This is my "reads as I go".

You'll notice I post a lot of scum reads too. But you ignored ALL OF THOSE in favor of the town posts.

I don't need to explain my town reads. If I read someone as town, I just need to state "they're town". That's it.

You're accusing me of sheeping. What am I sheeping? Who? Show me explicitly.

It appears YOU are the liar, good sir.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:27 pm

Tell me, did I not give SPECIFIC example of posts where people do scummy things, when I expressed scum reads?

You seem to avoid those.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:18 pm

Post by ace5993 »

V/LA until Friday, on a plane all day tomorrow

V/LA acknowledged
-K
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:13 pm

Post by SpyreX »

If a group of players all agree on a case and all decide to vote on that case; that's great. When a group of players decides to vote on a case, irresepective of it's merits and simply do it because the most vocal players are also doing it; we're just letting scum blend in and avoid responsibility.

1.) Thats not happening.
2.) Even if it did having town reads at this point that I'm waay more confident about then scum reads I will happily oblidge slicing through the fires of hell because, hypothetically, if only the town bloc remained I'm pretty sure the game would be over.

That was some terrible quote stripping.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:28 pm

Post by Kast »

Kast wrote:she pretty much just called all the other members townies based on...
playing with them before?
;

LLD wrote:I gave reasons in my catchup for my town

LLD wrote:I don't need to explain my town reads. If I read someone as town, I just need to state "they're town". That's it.

Did you give reasons or do you not need to give reasons. Whining that I left out "Page #X" does not address the point and is a lame attempt to argue technicalities. Point is you declared your "townies" as townies with no reasoning provided; no indication whatsoever for why they are town except perhaps because they are who they are.

-Your scum reads are sheeped from the same people you declared as town. What was unclear about that in any of my posts?

-Whining that I didn't quote your scum reads is a weak attempt to combine and defend your lack of town-read justifications. I did not say that you did not post any scum justifications. You are arguing a straw man.

To be honest, your request sounds like, "I don't want to defend myself, instead I'm going to ask you to post a huge wall/list that I'll ignore and other people will dismiss as tl;dr". If genuinely think your request helps advance the game in any way, then please say so clearly. Otherwise I'm just treating it like the attempted distraction that it is.

@Spyrex-
Kast wrote:
If a group of players all agree on a case and all decide to vote on that case; that's great.
When a group of players decides to vote on a case, irresepective of it's merits and simply do it because the most vocal players are also doing it; we're just letting scum blend in and avoid responsibility.

The italicized portion is what is not happening. There's plenty of the latter going on, each and every time members of your proclaimed bloc and/or outsiders who want in on the bloc excuse themselves to vote or unvote with the express reason being they're trusting the other bloc members despite not agreeing to the read. It's ridiculously anti-town and irresponsible.

You're capable of reading the thread and if you'll bother turning off the group think and doing a cursory scan over recent posts, you'll have to admit EXACTLY THAT has happened and is continuing. If you insist on making me do the work for it, I can.

Explain your quote stripping comment. I provided EXACTLY what I called out LLD for. Her defense is to abandon her previous claim that she provided reasons and instead claim she DOES NOT NEED to give reasons.
Show

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:41 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Are scum in the "bloc" yes no?

I guess if you're specifically calling LLD out for not in-depth explaining town reads sure I'll give you that.

I misread the walls and thought it was about both sides (town and scum reads) and sheeping. Because the important parts have been explained.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:47 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Prod received.

Will post from proper account once I find the password for it.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:56 pm

Post by LobsterCatapult »

@kast, it looks like you have quite a problem with LLD, do you find her scummy?

according to your 653, i interpretted it as you think that somehow the "town/vote/orgyblockarama" has potentially been hijacked by a scum (LLD?), and ran a train on me. assuming you think that scum is doing this to lynch town.......

why is your vote on me?

your reason to vote for me....are...weak considering you have barely referenced me all game, and especially compared to your case/thoughts on LLD.

you say you like LLD the least, but i dont understand this. you have have constructed these posts/thoughts/case against her, saying she doesnt give reasons for her reads, pointing out inconsitencies in her reasoning. this makes me believe you think she is scummy, howver you never call her out as such, no FoS, nothing.

also. assuming you think that LLD is one/the scum in the votingblock, and scum is tyring to take control of the voting bloc, is LLD really controlling the voting bloc? i mean, considering how much she has vote hopped, she doesn't seem to be controlling at so much. IF. IF. you were to pick someone who is controlling the momentum of hte votebloc, greyice and volkan seem to be doing more of that.
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll do what I can to help yÔÇÖall. But, the gameÔÇÖs out there, and itÔÇÖs play or get played. That simpleÔÇØ ÔÇô Omar
~LC
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:09 pm

Post by LobsterCatapult »

err... meant to do this in the last post.

fos:kast
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll do what I can to help yÔÇÖall. But, the gameÔÇÖs out there, and itÔÇÖs play or get played. That simpleÔÇØ ÔÇô Omar
~LC
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:15 pm

Post by Kast »

@Spyrex-
I'd guess scum exist within the bloc in the same ratio that they exist in any randomly selected sample of players. I don't have any particular scum reads on individual members of your/LLD's proclaimed town bloc; most of you have been playing in a pretty neutral/null range.

I specifically named LLD because she is blatantly exemplifying all the negative aspects of any self-declared townie-voting-bloc and is one of the ardent attack dogs of anyone who even hints at disagreement. I'm specifically addressing LLD more in depth than others because she posted a blatantly untrue and clearly unthought through WTF?!?! dismissal of my catch up post. Then instead of being honest and admitting her mistake, she tried pushing BS misrepresentations and anti-town stalling/distractions.

Does that mean she is scum? Not necessarily. She certainly hasn't been as scummy as ace, LC, Noc, or Malthusis. What I've pointed out is more secondary tells; identification of what could potentially be scummy behavior but does not in and of itself indicate that LLD is particularly likely to be scum. I also want to be clear that LLD is NOT the sole participant in such behavior. Part of my focus on LLD is simply a penchant for engaging people who try to engage with BS.

That reminds me to post/update my lynch preference ordering (entries within each heading do not indicate ordinal preference)
Preferred Lynch:

Nocmen
ace5993
LobsterCatapult
malthusis

Acceptable Lynch:

Candle Jack
Lady Lambdadelta
drewoftherushes

Ambivalent:

GreyICE
Antifinity
populartajo
Kawaii
Surye
Celebloki
ZeL1nK
Pomegranate
GhostWriter

Beats No Lynch:

vollkan
SpyreX
Iecerint
Starbuck
Amrun
StevieT92

Loses to No Lynch:
If you have anyone in this category other than yourself or perhaps a mason buddy, then you're failing at mafia

Kast

P-Edit: @LC-
You are assigning a lot of motive to my posts that just isn't there and just isn't supported by what I've actually posted.
I'll try to take some time tomorrow to re-outline my reasons for suspecting you. At the moment, it's pretty similar to the thoughts I originally listed for why I listed you as probable scum. If you have an objection with me listing you as scum, please address the reasons I provided.
Show

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:36 pm

Post by Amrun »

I don't reall y hjave a problem with the town voting. Bloc. As long as the people in it still question each othern there is no issue.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”