Mini 1195: The Beehive Mystery (GAME OVER)

SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:11 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

Request Replacement
To be clear: quack
Captain Spoon
Captain Spoon
Goon
Captain Spoon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:13 am

Post by Captain Spoon »

why? :[
Captain Corporal and Twistedspoon hydra
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:16 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

Because I'm in too many games, can't keep my thoughts straight, and am playing like shit. Sorry.
To be clear: quack
Captain Spoon
Captain Spoon
Goon
Captain Spoon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:18 am

Post by Captain Spoon »

Fair enough. Looking forward to playing in another game with you, Sleepy. Or am I already? I forget.

-CC
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:20 am

Post by Beck »

meh, not a big fan of SK replacing out now, I feel bad for whoever takes his spot/
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:57 am

Post by subgenius »

Ivan the Pleasant wrote:

vote: Subgenius

Have you read the entire thread? All of your evidence comes from the first five pages or so, and since I've been acting pretty much the same way consistently throughout the day, I'm surprised you didn't included any evidence from later on. As far as I can tell you're voting me because I look town. So good luck with that case, I guess... I can't believe you're back on me with such weak evidence after your partner disagreed so strongly when you voted for me the first time.
rblinker123
rblinker123
Goon
rblinker123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:59 am

Post by rblinker123 »

Wooo, a lots being going on over the last day here in the thread.

So, with Yanks claim.I hadn't really regarded Yank as scum much before and the situation around his first post I thought was over-exaggerated. I don't think scum would false claim being a Mason so I'm going to say I believe Yank on this, however if you are mason you just knocked off a few names making it a lot easier for scum to hit your Mason partners on the night.

Also, I feel that anyone still pushing for a Yank lynch after a while I would be suspicious of as I think scum would want to lynch you to see if you flip Mason after all more than town as they would probably want to know they were dealing masons and could attempt to eliminate them early with the help you give them by already breaking down the list.
Captain Spoon
Captain Spoon
Goon
Captain Spoon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:34 am

Post by Captain Spoon »

yeah, we're switching our vote of of SK (for now) to give his replacement a fresh start.

VOTE: Acro
Captain Spoon
Captain Spoon
Goon
Captain Spoon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:41 am

Post by Captain Spoon »

Was just about to do that, Twisted.

Yeah, as my other head said, we'd like to give SKs replacement a chance, but if he/she fails to give a reasonable reason why they're not scum and why we shouldn't be voting them, we'll have our vote back on.
Acronach
Acronach
Goon
Acronach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:48 am

Post by Acronach »

>people believing the mason claim (facepalm)
>SK replacing out (double facepalm)

well, looks like we're not lynching yank for some reason even though if he is maf in stead of mason we just let the most obvious fucking maf get away with being scummy as hell.

unvote vote ivan

was voting ivan before and i like this wagon more than any other ATM except yank, which apparantly isnt happening -.-
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:00 am

Post by Beck »

Acronach wrote:>people believing the mason claim (facepalm)

well, looks like we're not lynching yank for some reason even though if he is maf in stead of mason we just let the most obvious fucking maf get away with being scummy as hell.

unvote vote ivan

was voting ivan before and i like this wagon more than any other ATM except yank, which apparantly isnt happening -.-

Answer my questions anytime soon?

Now I have to go re-read this thread with the thought that yank is mason, reading it with scumyank is obviously going to be different with masonyank (still not believing the claim just yet, and definitly don't want anyone else to claim mason to prove he is telling the truth). I'll just give him the benefit of the doubt.

Lastly before my re-read, that reaction from sub after Ivan voted him, I don't like

What I'd like is for Tommy to actually attemp to scum hunt
Acro to answer my questions
Yank to show an example of Ivan scum hunting and to also provide his opinion of Ivan abandoning his push on him, to put acro at L-3 for essentially no reason at all.

So much for getting work done today :)
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:09 am

Post by subgenius »

Alright, my opinion is that there are literally only scum motivations for lynching Yank right now. Even I were 90% sure Yank was scum today (which I consider a pretty high degree of certainty for a day 1 lynch) he'd still be a bad lynch today. If he's telling the truth, lynching him is a bad blow for a very powerful pro-town faction. If he's lying, he's already caught, and it's just a matter of time before he's lynched. There's no hurry. Therefor, Da Koolzy and Acro are both looking a bit scummier after their post claim support for Yank's wagon. Da Koolzy obviously supports it since he's voting for him, and although Acro switched his vote from the wagon, it's quite clear that he'd still prefer a Yank lynch.

Da Koolzy is on the radar. He came out of the woodwork seemingly hoping to hammer Yank after his claim. Also, he has yet deliver on any kind of comprehensive catch up post. The attack on Yank seemed a bit opportunistic (to use a popular buzz word) and out of the blue. He seems to have had computer trouble, and he should have time to more completely explain himself today, but I really don't like his Yank vote.

I also don't like:
Da Koolzy wrote:Don't hammer yet. I reserve the right to do so after I check a few things, and respond to some pending questions directed at me.

Then he tries to hammer without answering the questions.

Acro was already on the radar, and since being there has dodged questions for an extraordinarily long time and expressed frustration that we aren't lynching a player that any thinking townie would realize is a bad lynch for today.

Town points to ICE. I'm extremely grateful that he unvoted, thus avoiding a hammer. His point about Sleepy is a good one. His unvote of Yank does not look like a scum move. It by no means clears him, but it does lessen my suspicions of him somewhat.

vote: Acro
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:23 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

subgenius wrote:I like this point, but it does conflict slightly with the fact that I have a scum read on both Yank and SK. What's your read on Yank right now?

Pretty null. His dubious comments from earlier in the thread are offset by his newbish flailing. It doesn't strike me as particularly scum-motivated to change your read of a wagon from scum-fueled to having town on it after one more person joins it. I read the situation more as him just using commonly posted wording in blatant AtE. Now there's more of a case for Yank scum looking at how he seems to have gotten quieter after his name was joined by others under the spotlight, but I don't think that's enough for a lynch. Especially when I look at my points on Acro.

I don't think the (mis)lynch justification point conflicts at all, really, although strictly using the term mislynch does. Either way, saying something like "either way we'll learn a lot" is an attempt to add weight to an argument without adding content - kind of used to muscle a lynch through without building a more substantial case. If they are both scum, it could be an attempt to push through a bus without having to draw more attention to the case. If SK is scum and Yank is town, well, the point makes itself.

Beck wrote:As much as I hate this whole confusion thing with Ivan, yank is still the better subject. His silence since Ivan switched off him just proves to me we have hit scum.

How do you feel yank compares to acro? I see similar cases built for both (less-than-professional scum play), but I have more trouble finding the scum motivation for Yank than I do for Acro.

YankCane151 wrote:unvote, Vote: Greymarble

Ivan's been giving me town reads, Grey has had 3 posts and really hasn't said much of substance.

This just made the Yank case a hell of a lot stronger, but I'd still like to answer the above question, Beck, from your pre-362 thoughts.

YankCane151 wrote:Didn't address the rest of my post, but okay...

I'm a mason. I have two partners but I will not out them nor do I expect them to out themselves (And no, making me out my partners is not pro-town, it's role-fishing and a scum tactic). I will tell you that FOR SURE, Beck, Ivan, Acro, ICE, Greymarble, and Sleepy are NOT masons. If you want to lynch me now and find out for sure, then fine, but that should clear at least a bit up. I still think for sure that there are at least two scum on my wagon (I don't know how many there are, though) and regardless of whether I die now when someone hammers or to a NK, All the people who have jumped on me right now should be looked at. Greymarble is giving me a huge scumread because he has lurked all game like I did and basically brought up no case and just pushing for the biggest bunch lynch. I think he's the biggest priority for a lynch right now.

I got really frustrated on the first handful of pages at the total strawmanning and overreactions on me. It was uncalled for, and I'm 100% sure scum are a part of it because the cases aren't even town-sounding, it's just 'Let's hop on the nearest bandwagon.' I think Ivan may have been mistaken but he ended up helping out because he's brought scum candidates to life by starting my wagon...

If I'm lynched now, Greymarble, Acro, and Beck need to be strung up in the preceding days, no way around it, they're just opportunistic scum(At least 2 of 3 of them), I can tell just by the vibe I get.

Again, Don't ask me to out my mason partners, I refuse to do so, and chances are I'll call you scum for wanting to.

Translation: "I'm not a Mason. Not gonna reveal my partners, but I'll eliminate half the game from the potential Mason list. Not gonna reveal though."

Fail.

This claim . . . really doesn't claim much. However, looking at it from a lie: I don't see Yankscum making this claim without having first brought it up with his scumteam. And I don't see any sane scumteam approving such a daring lie. This lie, if they supported it, would implicate all three of them, especially if a real mason group existed in the setup. Yank as a rogue scum just doing his own thing without the other two helping doesn't feel right to me either. The chance of this being a lie doesn't seem near as likely as him telling the truth. Yank's not the lynch today.

Acronach wrote:>people believing the mason claim (facepalm)

unvote vote ivan

So, unless I've missed a huge new original update in your reasoning, you're going back to voting Ivan for . . . . nothing. I'm still confident that Acronach is a good lynch right now.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:30 am

Post by Beck »

Still haven't had time to re-read yet but finally got to sit down for lunch

Due to my tunnel vision on yank, Ivan, and SK I honestly can't say I've seen a case for acro

Can somebody explain the case on acro and why he is a better lynch candidate than Ivan or SK(the fact SK is replacing out doesn't change my suspicion of that slot and should not get a free pass solely due to a replacement).

Ivan, can you summarize your case on whoever you have finally decided on lynching?

Thanks
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Ivan the Pleasant
Ivan the Pleasant
Townie
Ivan the Pleasant
Townie
Townie

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:28 am

Post by Ivan the Pleasant »

unvote vote Greymarble

You need to post a lot more than you have. You are one of the most experienced and skilled players here, and I am extremely disconcerted by your lack of content so far. At this point, your play does not in the least bit line up with your town meta.

@ Beck -

As you can see, we haven't decided yet.

- Ivan the Fool
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:35 am

Post by Beck »

So I'm reading ISOs mostly. Just finished with yank (I still see his play as not town motivated, even as masonyank)

Spoon, why all of a sudden do you like the Acro wagon when you have been pushing SK this entire time. I can't see anywhere you have posted any suspicion of acro exvep for early on due to his lack of content, which he has clearly made up for

In addition, if you are so set on SK, why does him replacing out change that? It's not like SK was close to a lynch.

And why are you trying to defend yank's play now that he has claimed mason? I have never heard of nor seen, Mason play scummy on purpose before. Can you find me an example?
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:35 am

Post by YankCane151 »

Confid: To clarify, you don't believe me because I won't out my partners, or you just don't believe me?
Go Yankees and Miami Hurricanes
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:45 am

Post by Beck »

What I'd like is for Tommy to actually attemp to scum hunt
Acro to answer my questions
Yank to show an example of Ivan scum hunting and to also provide his opinion of Ivan abandoning his push on him, to put acro at L-3 for essentially no reason at all.

since it was mixed up with other things, I don't want it to go unnoticed.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:03 am

Post by YankCane151 »

From what I can tell, one half of their team was on me while the other was on Acro. 144, 170, 221 are all examples of scumhunting in some capacity. He's vote-hopping some, but I can't honestly say if it's just disagreement with the partners or if it's a scumtactic.
Go Yankees and Miami Hurricanes
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:47 am

Post by Klazam »

seeking replacement for SK
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:05 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

YankCane151 wrote:Confid: To clarify, you don't believe me because I won't out my partners, or you just don't believe me?

To clarify - I do believe you. My post was outlining how risky it would be for you to claim Mason as scum.
Tommy
Tommy
Goon
Tommy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:55 am

Post by Tommy »

Acronach wrote:sorry for anyone who has questions ect. for me. i'll try to get around to them

This is rot. I asked you a question in post 321 and reminded you of it in post 349. Then subgenius reminded you again in 356. Since then you've posted multiple times without addressing it. If we follow the pattern from last time we played this little game, this second reminder from me will do the trick.

Ivan the Pleasant wrote:@ Tommy -

Do you have a town meta on this site? If so, please link it.

Yes I do, though it's pretty old. Please see my wiki entry.

I'm leaning on the side of believing YankCane's claim. If he'd been scum, I think he would have claimed a two-mason set-up. Three is unusual, and his poor play suggests that he wouldn't engage in such creative WIFOM.

ICEninja wrote:Right now I'm inclined to put my vote on Sleepy, but Sleepy took his vote off Yank before the claim which looks really good for him if Yank is indeed town.

But that was a while ago, before momentum built up on the Yankwagon. He only voted for a moment because of a mistake by Beck. His main target was Captain Spoon. I think he and Acronach are still the best lynch candidates today.

Beck wrote:What I'd like is for Tommy to actually attemp to scum hunt

Seems a bit harsh.

Beck wrote:Can somebody explain the case on acro and why he is a better lynch candidate than Ivan or SK

Sure, though I think the case on Acronach depends on SleepyKrew being scum. There are three parts to it. The first part is the fact that Acronach and SleepyKrew have been defending each other, as subgenius summarised in posts 232 and 351. The second part is the moment when Acronach accidentally used the word 'bus' when considering a possible attack on him by SleepyKrew (post 188). The third part is Acronach's consistent avoidance of my questions about post 188.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:10 pm

Post by Beck »

truth hurts bro
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by subgenius »

To add to the case on Acro, I'm a believer in CA's point about him being a bit too self-explanatory as well.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by Beck »

ok thanks tommy, you actually make some good points now that I read what you said and that post 188 doesn't sit well with me, somehow I missed that cause I was so wrapped up in Ivan/Yank drama

let me re-read Acro's iso again tomorrow and see what I think about him.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”