Townie

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:22 am

Post by Groundsel »

Gee that parama. Taking 13 pages to make 1 post. Madness [/sarcasm]

Parabollocks wrote:
Juls..eh..juls, she's alright.

????
Parabollocks wrote:
I showed that i wanted to vote for Juls at that post, because people were saying that i still had my RVS vote at that time, and i was pretty sure i voted Juls.

well what changed? One minute you were (or so you thought) voting Juls, and now she's 'Alright'

Also, whilst i do have some developing town read on CSL, does someone mind mentioning how #234 is a townslip? It looks just like a hypothesis to me and I've seen plenty like them from Nintendo and Ani so far
Parabollocks
Parabollocks
Goon
Parabollocks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:28 am

Post by Parabollocks »

She's a giant null for me, groundsel, i see some town, i see some scum, even keel.
Town: 4-1
Scum: 0-1

Going under a mafia personality revelation, my meta will be fluxuating.
Groundsel
Groundsel
Townie
Groundsel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:30 am

Post by Groundsel »

well talk about the town you see, because all I've seen is you jump from scum read to town read without explaining why
Groundsel
Groundsel
Townie
Groundsel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:32 am

Post by Groundsel »

Groundsel wrote:well talk about the town you see, because all I've seen is you jump from scum read to
town
Null
read without explaining why

fixed
Groundsel
Groundsel
Townie
Groundsel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:35 am

Post by Groundsel »

anyways, I've got to vamoose now, so I'll be back in another 13 pages or so (Jokes)
Parabollocks
Parabollocks
Goon
Parabollocks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:43 am

Post by Parabollocks »

i suppose i can bite and say what changed also:

My daykill was fake too, what does that make me? Mine was a reaction test to see who would bite on me daykilling someone who claimed a power role. Unfortunately, no one bit /cry.

^ Feels town here.

Juls wrote:
Parabollocks wrote:Because the way she eased in "okay guys let's band-claim" when band-claiming means basically nothing in this game, it reads to me as trying to get townie-points seeing how it was useless in the first place, i would also like the mention Juls has basically dissapeared from existence afterwards.

you, on the other-hand, are the age old SIFOM.

Hold the Fu@& on. If by disappear you mean I went to bed then yeah I disappeared. I work dude and i am posting from my phone on my lunch break. Skimming the thread but holy shot dude, get over yourself. I will post this evening which is the norm for me. I will address anything and everything anyone wants to know so get your questions out there.

^ feels defensive here alot, i was hoping i would get some response from this but her catch-up post doesn't even mention our argument, she sorta discards it.

regarding the Juls v. Regfan argument, this is where i feel there are some things both good and bad, her 289 is worrysome the most.

Juls wrote:
Regfan wrote:Willingly, your constant desire to ask does that make me scummy reads as paranoid scum.

Or perhaps it is an attempt to see who will try to make something I do "seem" scummy. I don't mind when people see me as scummy. What I mind is when their reasons are weak (such as Parabollocks). You reasons are a little better, at least thought out, albeit wrong.

I don't like the reasoning behind this, i understand trying to look scummy for a purpose, but this is really small for and doesn't feel right to me.

Juls wrote:
Regfan wrote:Your daykill seemed like an attempt to attain some form of town-cred when it did nothing other than reduce the credibility and reactions from Furrys.

At the time of my "daykill" we still did not know if Furry's was real or not. I have explained my reasons for doing it. How do you feel about those reasons.

same here, why did she need to parrot furry like that? i don't see the reason behind trying to do something twice, hell, i think most people discarded it.

Juls wrote:
Regfan wrote:Furthermore your attempted to place pressure on players to band-name claim without stating the advantages and disadvantages of doing so, in other words your actions were disengeninious.

I pressured diddins because he refused without providing any reasons which makes it look like he has something to hide. I have also stated the advantages as have others. Do you know of any disadvantages you would like to share?

but this feels town to me, and that's where it goes basically the whole argument, but i feel this post right here was the most important to me, the rest are just "you did X, why did you?" and responding "I did X because Y".

Parabollocks
Parabollocks
Goon
Parabollocks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:45 am

Post by Parabollocks »

let me rephrase this part:

My daykill was fake too, what does that make me? Mine was a reaction test to see who would bite on me daykilling someone who claimed a power role. Unfortunately, no one bit /cry.

^ Feels town here.

The motive itself feels town if Furry hadn't already done that, but i feel it was useless to try something again, and even then people didn't even care.

nintendoaddict1
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:51 am

Post by nintendoaddict1 »

Parabollocks wrote:i think nintendo is more scum then town, there's just too many things against him such as when he said he's a VT because he doesn't have an encore song, all that blatant attacking, jesus, it's not good for my colon.

Yeah, I have no encore song. Everyone has a main performance song, but ONLY PR's have an encore song. Did you miss that part?

Parabollocks wrote:but, nintendo didn't do this much as scum in 00's, so are you leaning meta with his newb-town read or is there something else i'm not seeing?

Okay, so I'm acting differently now than I was in '00 where I was scum? So you think I'm scum here too? Start making more sense.

Parabollocks wrote:and that's where it goes basically the whole argument

You tried to make a post... but you accidentally the whole thread. 0_0
Parabollocks
Parabollocks
Goon
Parabollocks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:57 am

Post by Parabollocks »

nintendoaddict1 wrote:
Parabollocks wrote:i think nintendo is more scum then town, there's just too many things against him such as when he said he's a VT because he doesn't have an encore song, all that blatant attacking, jesus, it's not good for my colon.

Yeah, I have no encore song. Everyone has a main performance song, but ONLY PR's have an encore song. Did you miss that part?

it's a really scummy defense.

Parabollocks wrote:but, nintendo didn't do this much as scum in 00's, so are you leaning meta with his newb-town read or is there something else i'm not seeing?

Okay, so I'm acting differently now than I was in '00 where I was scum? So you think I'm scum here too? Start making more sense.

no, regfan thinks you are town, i want some reasoning as to why, and i'm assuming for meta and something else i'm not seeing.

Parabollocks wrote:and that's where it goes basically the whole argument

You tried to make a post... but you accidentally the whole thread. 0_0

it was a quick filler(that part you quoted), and yeah, basically.

Parabollocks
Parabollocks
Goon
Parabollocks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:57 am

Post by Parabollocks »

i need to learn to forum, jesus christ this is like my 3rd BBcode error.

nintendoaddict1
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:59 am

Post by nintendoaddict1 »

Parabollocks wrote:i need to learn to forum, jesus christ this is like my 3rd BBcode error.

IRL mafia, huh?
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:04 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

Me and nintendo were on the same team in 00's. We are on the same team in this game as well. But the team itself is different. Groundsel, nintendo answered your question to me perfectly.
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
Groundsel
Groundsel
Townie
Groundsel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:09 am

Post by Groundsel »

evilpacman18 wrote:Me and nintendo were on the same team in 00's. We are on the same team in this game as well. But the team itself is different. Groundsel, nintendo answered your question to me perfectly.

yah, but you haven't said how it's/he's different, nor why you voted him if that's the case
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:22 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

I think there's a cood case for EPM and Nintendo being buddies with pacman origninally defending Nintendo with unexplained meta (I don't like this0 then getting a vote on when it looks like his lynch is inevitable, before unvoting when the wagon loses momentum. Not very good at all

False. The wagon never lost momentum. Maybe I didn't explain this well enough. I never thought nintendo was scum. I put my vote on it to keep the momentum so more scum would jump on. There's definitely been at least 2 scum on that wagon, likely 3, and I already said which jumps on it were the worst. You have an idea what my other reads are. Basically it's Juls and the three scummiest people on nintendo (CSL, Seraphim, and I wanna say AntB but I may have the wrong person, maybe it was Parabollocks).

More on Juls: I've played with a few other questioners. I played with vollkan, "the interrogator," once. I replaced into that game, saw he was scum right away, begged town to listen to me, got lynched, and town lost the game. Not saying I could've saved it, but I learned a few things about people who ask questions. Their questions need to go somewhere. Juls, Speed Mafia was my first game with you. Thought you were scum there too, but in it you asked questions and used the answers to progress, to gather and share information, and even though I didn't like your play, with a little bit of hindsight bias, I can see how you were pro-town in it. Here you ask questions but don't care if you get the answers. And if you do it's been unlikely so far that you do anything with the answer. You don't use it to progress. Essentially your scumhunting has the illusion of being informative, but so far in this game it really hasn't been. Also I disagree with your too townie read on Regfan, mostly because that's one of my favorite scum tells and it usually works pretty differently.

vote: Juls
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:26 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

The first thing I notice from skimming Nintendo's 00's band iso is that he's more serious in this game.
Groundsel
Groundsel
Townie
Groundsel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:28 am

Post by Groundsel »

evilpacman18 wrote:I never thought nintendo was scum. I put my vote on it to keep the momentum so more scum would jump on.

-____________________________-

I'm having trouble believing this.
Can you link me to a past game of yours where you used the same tactic (i.e. Voting your biggest townread who you've just been defending)

and you still don't say how the meta has near-proved in your eyes that Nintendo is town. You just say he plays differently (very vague) and people do that all the time alignment regardless
P-edit: He's more serious in this game?

nintendoaddict1 wrote:
If your in Texas, why does your clock say L.A., HMM?

nintendoaddict1 wrote:
Seraphim wrote:Who do you think Nintentdo's buddies are, Pine?

Sony and Microsoft

This is serious Nintendo? I dread to read the unserious version
Groundsel
Groundsel
Townie
Groundsel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:32 am

Post by Groundsel »

If you want to hear something nice though, I like your Juls vote
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:47 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

That was the first time I'd ever done it. To be fair, it wasn't completely a gambit, I really didn't like the post I voted him for, but it didn't change my read on him, so it was a little bit of both. In 00's his jokes were in a slightly higher concentration. Hell, maybe it's just a gut read. To be honest I'm seeing more that I don't like about the people on the wagon than I do like about Nintendo. It's a combination of both and gut and being his partner once and just not seeing it. I'm not seeing his case.
Powerrox93
Powerrox93
Goon
Powerrox93
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:52 am

Post by Powerrox93 »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
Unvote, vote: Parabollocks

explanation please
Hoping to make a comeback to mafia soon...

AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:20 am

Post by AntB »

nintendoaddict wrote:Well I'm VT so there.

Lol, L-2 and he claims.

A claim after diddins #251 wouldn't have been bad.

---

evilpacman18 called for a stop to the nintendo wagon, yet sheeped CES quite happily on to the Goath wagon...

---

Juls wrote:No one even mentioned it. I think it was too obvious a fake. It was an attempt to see if anyone would question furry or me about our day kill. I thought the most townie of towns would get really pissed off. Since no one bit it was useless though.

My big question to this would be, why pull a daykill gambit when there was already a "kill" in progress? It was bad timed, it was epic-fail and it just plain stank. The fact no-one has really mentioned it bugs me slightly.

---

Love the "too townie to be town" argument. Juls has broken my pong-o-meter.

---

I think Groundsel has hammered x.x
And I was hoping to get Jester :P I didn't get it :(

---

@CES
I want to see reason a reason for your Parabollocks vote.

---

So many votes, so little reason.

---

Nintendo gained town points O_o very few though

---

@Parabollocks
I know its a pain in the ass, but that preview button can work wonders if you're not sure on your code.

---

Okay maybe it wasn't a hammer... close though.

---

Glad powerrox93 mentioned the random unvote/vote
Show
:doc: I shall protect you!! :doc: ... why do I smell of vanilla..?

"tickle" - Haylen is now thinking of Mayonnaise

G+
AntB - My wiki page. Usually up to date.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:01 am

Post by Seraphim »

@also directed at Furry: It just reads like he KNOWS that Nintendo is a mislynch.
He might just have a strong town read on him? That's entirely possible. I'm definitely uneasy about diddin at this point.

I might be out of my depth being a Genesis, The Kinks and Talking heads fan (among others)
Psshhh, that's some good crap right there. Mars Volta just happen to be my favorites but that's a fine list of bands right now.

Groundsel is probably town(not because of his band choices).

I don't like EPM. At all. Period. I don't think he slipped but the way he tried to kill the nintendo wagon doesn't point to them as buddies persay, but if nintendo flips town, EPM looks bad.

Regfan: why did you put your reads in spoilers?

EPM wrote:I never thought nintendo was scum. I put my vote on it to keep the momentum so more scum would jump on.
What the fuck.

No seriously. What the fuck.

If you make a poor vote, say you made a poor vote. Trying to justify with some sort of "gambit" is literally trying to absolve any sort of blame on yourself for the wagon.

To be fair, it wasn't completely a gambit, I really didn't like the post I voted him for, but it didn't change my read on him, so it was a little bit of both.
And now you're dodging the "gambit". Are you going to take credit for any of your actions? I didn't mean that vote! I diidn't mean that gambit!

I dunno about nintendo but EPM's scumminess just went through the roof.

Unvote
Vote: evilpacman18

CES is town guys, this is how he plays. He tends to be pretty good at finding scum too.

So, rough list:

Town: Groundsel, Pine, Furry, Nikanor, CES
Scum: EPM, nintendo(not scum together...I think?)
Leaning scum: Powerrox93, animorpherv, diddin
Leaning town: Juls, Regfan(yes, I think the argument points heavily to town vs town)
Needs to get in the thread: Parama
Unsure: everyone else
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:12 am

Post by diddin »

evilpacman18 wrote:False. The wagon never lost momentum. Maybe I didn't explain this well enough. I never thought nintendo was scum. I put my vote on it to keep the momentum so more scum would jump on.

Oh my god this reasoning is just awful. Lynch plz
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:19 am

Post by Regfan »

Para, so the sole reason that you believe Sera and Nintendo are S v T is because you suspect Nintendo? Seriously? For the record I briefly explained my town read on Nintendo in the post you were addressing which revolves around: His reaction to the vig kill, his reaction to pressure being placed on him, his attitude and attack on Seraphim reading as geninue and a degree of previous meta.

Groundsel, I read post #234 as a town-tell because CSL had the option of avoiding stating that Furry shouldn't be voted however went right ahead and mentioned it, this is something I don't see him doing as scum though I need to read into some more of his meta to be more sure.

Seraphim, I put my reasoning for my reads in spoilers because I hate excessively long posts which is also the reason I attempt to avoid quoting players whenever possible. If you don't mind can you attempt to explain your leaning town read on Juls please.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:29 am

Post by Seraphim »

Seraphim, I put my reasoning for my reads in spoilers because I hate excessively long posts which is also the reason I attempt to avoid quoting players whenever possible. If you don't mind can you attempt to explain your leaning town read on Juls please.
It just seems a little psychological that you would avoid putting your reads where they are easily read and hiding them behind a spoiler tag...I didn't think it was that big of a deal, just found it a little odd.

I would be more than happy to once I finish dealing with some other stuff.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:31 am

Post by Parama »

WHAT THE FLYING SLAXX

Okay so I have 3.5 days of catchup reading to do. This thread is my #∞ priority, which means I probably won't even start reading until tomorrow.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”