ASOIAF: Test of Faith Mafia (Game Over!)

hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:30 am

Post by hasdgfas »

also, if someone's going to hammer, say that before doing it. I want to post final thoughts.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:32 am

Post by ooba »

Vote Count

Magua (2)
- Empking, Nexus
hasdgfas (8)
- Espeonage, Hinduragi, vezokpiraka, DrippingGoofball, Thor665, Benmage, SpyreX, AlmasterGM
Benmage (2)
- Locke Lamora, Magua
Espeonage (1)
- Setael
Nexus (1)
- LynchMePls

Not Voting (2)
- hasdgfas, Lost Butterfly

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch!

Deadline is in
(expired on 2011-07-06 23:59:59)
Last edited by ooba on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:41 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

hasdgfas wrote:As far as result breadcrumbs? Why in the world should I breadcrumb "not cult"? All that means is they're not cult that night, it means literally nothing as they could be culted the next night or be mafia.

You could have said
something
. Like "I feel a little better about Thor" or "Thor is probably not cult" or "Thor's latest contribution doesn't look culty." Then when you die and flip cop, we put two and two together. We'd know you're not a mafia cop. We'd know that today's non-cult is tomorrow's recruit.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:45 am

Post by hasdgfas »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:As far as result breadcrumbs? Why in the world should I breadcrumb "not cult"? All that means is they're not cult that night, it means literally nothing as they could be culted the next night or be mafia.

You could have said
something
. Like "I feel a little better about Thor" or "Thor is probably not cult" or "Thor's latest contribution doesn't look culty." Then when you die and flip cop, we put two and two together. We'd know you're not a mafia cop. We'd know that today's non-cult is tomorrow's recruit.

yeah, but I didn't. Sorry. I don't feel breadcrumbing cult cop "not cult" results is useful at all.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:49 am

hasdgfas wrote:yeah, but I didn't. Sorry. I don't feel breadcrumbing cult cop "not cult" results is useful at all.

Minimally, it would support your own claim. You were under fire from early on, you must have anticipated being run up to a claim, why not brace for it with breadcrumbs?

I hope you understand why your claim is screaming fakeclaim; your choices and results are completely un-supported.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:50 am

Post by Empking »

Mod: You have AGM on two wagons

Fixed ~ ooba
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:59 am

Post by hasdgfas »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:yeah, but I didn't. Sorry. I don't feel breadcrumbing cult cop "not cult" results is useful at all.

Minimally, it would support your own claim. You were under fire from early on, you must have anticipated being run up to a claim, why not brace for it with breadcrumbs?

I hope you understand why your claim is screaming fakeclaim; your choices and results are completely un-supported.

Yep, I've played terribly this game, not going to lie. But choosing Thor is not unsupported at all, so saying my choices are unsupported is wrong.

But honestly, I don't see it screaming fakeclaim. I see two separate things claimed here. Rolename and role. They fit perfectly together flavorwise, as mentioned by multiple people who aren't me, so I think it'd be pretty impressive if I could pull that out just like that, especially right after being asked. Cult cop is pretty much the perfect role to counter if I'm fakeclaiming anyway. The mafia are probably not going to kill it. They want the cult dead too. So fine, lynch me. But only if someone counterclaims either part of my role. If they do, I won't fight.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:02 am

Post by Empking »

That sounds like somebody smugly knowing they have a mod-provided safeclaim.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:04 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Empking wrote:That sounds like somebody smugly knowing they have a mod-provided safeclaim.

BS, Empking.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:18 am

Post by Thor665 »

hasdgfas wrote:choosing Thor is not unsupported at all, so saying my choices are unsupported is wrong.

Why was I a good cult investigate?
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:22 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Thor665 wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:choosing Thor is not unsupported at all, so saying my choices are unsupported is wrong.

Why was I a good cult investigate?

Not the same thing. DGB claimed, from the way I'm reading it, that my choices aren't backed up by my actions at all. With Locke? She's correct. With you? There's no way you can claim that.
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:23 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

hasdgfas is town, let's not be stupid here, thanks.
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp 2 - Day 7 ongoing
CyberSet
CyberSet
Townie
CyberSet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:13 am

Post by CyberSet »

Top 3 cult recruits for us would be DGB, Spy or Kublai.

DrippingGoofball wrote:Can you summarize the case against Espeonage? I personally don't get it. Maybe you can help.

Which parts are you having trouble with?

Locke Lamora wrote:CyberSet: are you asking if I think being hypocritical is a scumtell? I think treating two players differently when they're essentially doing the same thing can be a scumtell. I don't think it counts if one of the players is yourself. I think it's certainly indicative that Esp is getting defensive and frustrated with the reasons that he's getting suspected. The part I don't like is that his vote doesn't seem to be based on thinking you're scum. It's basically trying to push you away from what you're doing right now, which is suspecting him, and that, to me, suggests dubious motivation.

A whole lot of words and a whole lot of eqivocation aside, what do you make of his behaviour towards Benmage and Setael that we discussed in Post 788? There's some quality hypocrisy going on there and he is not one of the two players involved.

Hinduragi wrote:Cyber, point out who made which posts.

You made this post wherein you made the cardinal sin of forgiving a player slot's original scumminess based on the actions of a replacement:
Hinduragi wrote:FFFFFF-

Unvote
Espeonage is almost the opposite of Maemuki.

Between that and our initial wall of doom on him you mentioned him twice; once to answer a question he posed about Set (neutral post) and once to criticise his SK vote; which was good, but you never really did anything to pressure him on it.

LMP put him on the scummier half of his list here (going with links over quotes to try and keep this as tidy as possible) and even threw a vote on here, but it never really felt like he was especially interested in pursuing it. There was no followup pressure on his vote, he just let it sit there without saying anything about Espeon and then shifted away after a little while.

DGB did basically the same thing. Here she says Maemuki was scum... then nothing until she lays a vote on Espeon far far later here but immediately retracts it to go back to the cow wagon. Since then she's been listing him as scum (which is odd in light of her claim of not understanding the case against him) but again, there hasn't really been any effort to go after him. To a certain degree that's understandable when someone isn't the #1 scumread, but there's been
no
direct discourse between the two for the entire game.

Anyway. Hascow.

Honestly the claim is believable. Could be a safeclaim I guess... does anyone know if there are any other GoT characters that could be cult cops (neither of us have any knowledge of the flavour)? It's definitely plausible for there to be a cult cop in the setup. As far as his actual investigations/breadcrumbs go, yes he probably should have breadcrumbed more: but by the same token, if he was scum and knew it was going to be his fakeclaim (and with a flavourclaim like that it can only have been a mod-given safeclaim IMO) I think he would have been more conscious of it.

With this recent aggression and her earlier attacks on us for daring to discuss possible cult recruits (notice also how quickly she backed off) DGB is looking more and more like the recruit last night tbh. It would make sense for the cult to push a cult cop's mislynch, no?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:30 am

CyberSet wrote:Top 3 cult recruits for us would be DGB, Spy or Kublai.

DrippingGoofball wrote:Can you summarize the case against Espeonage? I personally don't get it. Maybe you can help.

Which parts are you having trouble with?

Its entirety.

Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:40 am

Post by Hinduragi »

No, I'm asking you to point out who's making the posts on the hydra. I didn't ask you about Espeon in that post at all. I said to sign your posts because YOU are looking scummy. I have no fucking idea how you get that I said that in relation to Espeon. You've been ignoring Cow even though he was one of your scumreads back before the hydra was made. One could even say you're tunneling on Espeon.

Also, read my wall/reread post. I commented on him.

Faraday wrote:hasdgfas is town, let's not be stupid here, thanks.

How sure are you, Faraday?
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:42 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

not *that* sure but happy enough to give him a day at least. idk i think there'd be a cult cop in this game, i don't remember a cult game without one.
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp 2 - Day 7 ongoing
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:47 am

Post by Magua »

I have given it some consideration, and what I have come up with is, my god, what is wrong with you people?

Not believing hasdgfas' claim is one thing. Fine. I can believe that.

Watching him get driven up to L-1 three hours after he claimed in a game with cult is crazy, because if his claim is legit and there's a cult recruit not voting him, they could *gladly* throw themselves out there to hammer and get rid of him.

Fakeclaim as scum? Sure, possible -- but I don't care about a four person scumteam at this point nearly as much as I care about the cult recruiter.
Fakeclaim as cult recruit? Meeeeeeeh. I'd expect the cult recruiter would save the fakeclaim for their own use.

So the only role that makes sense to me for a hasdgfas-fakeclaim is cult recruiter, and I don't see hasdgfas as a cult recruiter. I don't see cult recruiter hardcore lurking D1/D2 and taking the chance of being lynched for it. I see hasdgfas as scum or as legit, and given the derpitude of the town in response to claims so far, I'm very much afraid that his claim is legit.

So unfuckingvote. kthxbai.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:52 am

Magua wrote:I don't see cult recruiter hardcore lurking D1/D2 and taking the chance of being lynched for it.

I could see it.

This being said I'm of two minds regarding hascow's claim.

I do know him to be clever enough to pull a gambit that will let him lice until end game *spreads arms wide*. His choices are sketchy at best, and there are no breadcrumbs. On the other hand I'd hate to lynch a cult cop, but the thing is, I don't believe him.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:54 am

Post by SpyreX »

With this recent aggression and her earlier attacks on us for daring to discuss possible cult recruits (notice also how quickly she backed off) DGB is looking more and more like the recruit last night tbh. It would make sense for the cult to push a cult cop's mislynch, no?

I want this explained how you see this going down considering the events of the last two days.

I want delicious hammer death
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:54 am

I'll add that hascow's "last words" should have been here already.

He's acting like a lazy lazy condemned scum.

Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:58 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Sigh,
Unvote

I can't commit to this lynch even though I've been behind it for so long. When I was pushing Cow and reading his ISO yesterday, I did notice he had a one-liner behind the early Empking vote. I know it's not much but it did ruin what I was thinking about that vote. Also, pretty sure any fakeclaimer would just form his story to match his ISO. He had LB and Empking to investigate. No reason to have a shitty target who he hasn't even mentioned before if he fakeclaimed. Coupled with Faraday, whose townreads I like to trust when he's a townread, I'll fly with letting him live.

Still, we've got one week to find someone to string up and we are just now coming alive.

Vote: CyberSet

I'd like to see where this goes. It's an interesting route.

DGB wrote:I do know him to be clever enough to pull a gambit that will let him lice until end game *spreads arms wide*. His choices are sketchy at best, and there are no breadcrumbs. On the other hand I'd hate to lynch a cult cop, but the thing is, I don't believe him.

I don't know, DGB. The claim does check out and it doesn't check out, like Locke. I'd rather not have a SK repeat, but Cow sure isn't trying like she was. You're right that a cult cop should be doing better but he DID say he was losing interest or something when he was lurking so I can't be that sure.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:00 pm

CyberSet wrote:It would make sense for the cult to push a cult cop's mislynch, no?

That's what would make it a powerful fakeclaim. Who could push for a hascow lynch without looking culted? I am taking this risk, personally, because the claim is full of holes and I don't believe it. I wish I could believe it.

Actually, hascow's "last words" may have been that recent post where, instead of telling us who he thinks is scum, he's telling us that his rolename won't be counterclaimed. The odor of safeclaim is overwhelming, especially without the usual "
A is scum, G is scum, kill H when I flip town...
"

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:02 pm

Post by Benmage »

Consider this a flavor counterclaim.

Hammer Cow.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
CyberSet wrote:It would make sense for the cult to push a cult cop's mislynch, no?

That's what would make it a powerful fakeclaim. Who could push for a hascow lynch without looking culted? I am taking this risk, personally, because the claim is full of holes and I don't believe it. I wish I could believe it.

Actually, hascow's "last words" may have been that recent post where, instead of telling us who he thinks is scum, he's telling us that his rolename won't be counterclaimed. The odor of safeclaim is overwhelming, especially without the usual "
A is scum, G is scum, kill H when I flip town...
"

nobody's said they'll hammer. what's the point of last words?
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by Lost Butterfly »