New York 134: Planet of Hats (Scum Win!)

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:02 pm

Post by Wraith »

Zebronic
has replaced
Zihark
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:57 pm

Post by JDGA »

So right now, my count puts Palisade on L-3.
I'm sorta worried about a quicklynch, but Palisade just seems to be feeling more and more scummy with every post he makes, and it's frustrating me a lot.
Therefore, VOTE: Palisade for L-2.
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.
Zebronic
Zebronic
Townie
Zebronic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:00 pm

Post by Zebronic »

Read thread (Except a few walls), took notes, and should be able to post after a solid 11 hours of sleep
Palisade
Palisade
Goon
Palisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:06 pm

Post by Palisade »

Considering I know there's AT LEAST one more vote interested in lynching us (KoC)--probably more--you guys just earned yourself a claim.

We Are The Vigilante.
We shot Krypt last night, duh. (Who else would have?) This is an extremely scum-driven wagon, because Redhead Vig-Slipped when he posted that note from our QT (the one mentioning Tomie being the scum kill).
Palisade
Palisade
Goon
Palisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:08 pm

Post by Palisade »

Palisade wrote:Also, I'm not sure why Almond is resisting explanation of our reads, but here's his reasoning on ChkBallin:

Why was Tomie killed?

Tomie was pretty much a nobody, a weak town force not seen.

In other words, if Tomie was killed, the scum were either PR hunting or legitimately afraid of Tomie's reads.

I'm betting on the latter.

Tomie saw Ballin as scum. Tomie was also onto the trail of KoC, possibly Parabol. And definitely Sancho.
^This was Redhead's Vig-Slip. I gave him quite the chewing out in our QT for this, since the town didn't KNOW for sure that Tomie was the scum kill. We (having killed krypt) did.
Palisade
Palisade
Goon
Palisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:12 pm

Post by Palisade »

In other words, the scum figured out that we were the vig, and wanted us lynched.

I'll continue building that case, thank you very much, in the mean time, to help prove this and show you how I'm right about the scum.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:13 pm

Post by TBuG »

Yeah, I'm sorry, I just do
not
like the Palisade wagon. I may have had a scumread on them at the beginning of the day but not only has that slowly dissipated but I variously suspect everyone on that wagon (except BeaverWeasel who I go back and forth on too much to have a definitive read) and did so before they joined it. Going to ISO the voters tomorrow.

P-edit: Yeah, I buy it 100%.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:58 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Palisade - why'd you shoot krypt and not KoC?
Palisade
Palisade
Goon
Palisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:14 am

Post by Palisade »

We were confident in the Krypt kill, and had been discussing it for N2 after DK. DK got modkilled and that kind of locked us into the next one on the list. For what it's worth, I noticed KoC's vig softclaim on D1, and we discussed it, which put him on our scum list. But it was fairly soft, and we were more into a Krypt kill. But the softclaim combined with his behavior today...he's gotta go.

More later, I've been unexpectedly busy of late.

-Red
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:26 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Vigslip is 100% true. No way does NS have enough forethought to fake something like that.

I say we lynch from the overlap of Tomie's suspects + Palisade's wagoners, and then Palisade shoots someone else from that list.

If every one of Palisade's wagoners do not unvote in their next post, I will consider that a scum claim.
green shirt thursdays
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:19 am

Post by TBuG »

xRECKONERx wrote:Vigslip is 100% true. No way does NS have enough forethought to fake something like that.

I say we lynch from the overlap of Tomie's suspects + Palisade's wagoners, and then Palisade shoots someone else from that list.

If every one of Palisade's wagoners do not unvote in their next post, I will consider that a scum claim.

NS is a BeaverWeasel head, but that's irrelevant.

From the moment I post this I'm gonna start analyzing ISOs of the Palisade wagoners, including KoC who's dancing a delicate waltz around this wagon. Instead of saying I'm going to do it and forgetting like last time. :oops:
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:20 am

Post by TBuG »

PBuG wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:Vigslip is 100% true. No way does NS have enough forethought to fake something like that.

NS is a BeaverWeasel head, but that's irrelevant.

From the moment I post this I'm gonna start analyzing ISOs of the Tomie suspects + Palisade wagoners, including KoC who's dancing a delicate waltz around this wagon. Instead of saying I'm going to do it and forgetting like last time. :oops:

EBWOP
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:39 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Oh well. Whatever. Both hydras are equally useless and probably both town.
green shirt thursdays
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:30 am

Post by 65536 »

I believe the vigslip and am willing support this strategy at present. Will have to confer with my other head first though.
And I still want Parabollockscum dead.
-TO
Show
We are a VI.
We are Legion.
We are men of action, lies do not become us.
We are not a psychopath.
Honest.

65K is a valid abbreviation of our name
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:40 am

Post by TBuG »

Spoiler: Knight of Cydonia
Yeah, not really a secret how I feel about KoC. Obvious scum is obvious.
Day 1, tunnelvision like whoa on DeityKabuto. No, seriously, he couldn't shut up about him. I get it, you don't fucking like DK. This is not a viable excuse to avoid any semblance of scumhunting, which KoC did.

Knight of Cydonia 292 wrote:Eh, if we're not going to get a DK lynch today, I'll deal with him tonight.
unvote

Nice softclaim there. Rather than trying to scumhunt, he leaves.

For approximately
seven pages

Next is this:

Knight of Cydonia 453 wrote:
DeityKabuto wrote:
Vote sanchocolates

My guts are telling me he's scum, no explaining to do, but you all will see later in the game.

No, DK. We're way too far in for "guts".

Really? You don't seem to have much better.

Knight of Cydonia wrote:The problem with the DK wagon right now is that it has people like Taro "I think he's a vig but instead of letting town order him about I'm just gonna lynch him" and PBuG... wait, when did PBuG vote DK? Not seeing it in iso. Also the irony of her commenting on DK just making loads of posts with no content and/or quote walls, when her only real content post has been... a wall of mostly fluff and one-liner comments... well, yeah.

This is the closest KoC ever comes to stating a read on anyone either than DK. Point against Taro is accurate, point against me is, in my opinion, not. I personally thought I actually gave constructive analysis. But, I mean, most points against me (NOT SWAG. ME. I'M TALKING ABOUT MYSELF.) are inaccurate.

Knight of Cydonia wrote:And instead of any of the far more valid avenues of questioning, you're going after an active lurker. What of it?

Openly admits to active lurking and acts like it isn't a scumtell.

I've already previously addressed the disgusting misrepresentation that is his vote for me in 561. Claims DK was my only D1 scum read despite listing several, including him. As well as the further misrep in 620.

In 620 and 641, he dances around the Palisade wagon, placing heavy suspicion and supporting the wagon without voting - possibly laying the groundwork to hop on Palisade, say, right now that he's at L-2?

Knight of Cydonia wrote:
PBuG wrote:
Palisade wrote:BV, pay moar attention.

The PBuG wagon is yesterday's news. It's old stuff. It died a long time ago, and will never be starting up again.

Ever.

PBuG has proved himself to be town. He will NOT be wagoned this game, ever again.

The other wagon besides us isn't PBuG. It's KoC.

I really don't like this post. If Palisade is scum it's an easy way to set up my lynch by connecting us even more.

This is some seriously retarded logic. The only reason for Palisade to tie himself to you in order to get a 1 scum for 1 town lynch (assuming he's scum and you're town) is if you're an important town PR, AND he has knowledge of that. And if the scum have knowledge that you're a PR, why wouldn't they just kill you tonight?

This is completely wrong.

Spoiler: chkballin
I started off with a town read on chkballin that's been wavering and recently dipped into possible scum, especially in light of Tomie's death given that Tomie basically built the entire chkballin wagon.

Post 30 is anti-PL towncred.

Post 50 is trying to find the reasoning for the DK PL.

9 posts into glow's ISO and it's all questions about DeityKabuto.

Starting to get confused why I had a townread. Should have ISO'd sooner.

glowball wrote:
Palisade wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Swag

Timeline
Swag admits bandwagon vote
You post suspects (Swag and Parabollocks)
Then you post that you don't support policy lynches..

So my question is...
Why? Why is the vote coming now? I mean is it because of the bandwagon vote because you've posted several times since then and didn't mention anything about it. You did mention Swag as a suspect along with Parabollocks- what made you choose to vote Swag? I mean considering Swag hasn't posted since earlier...

"Why didn't you vote your suspect sooner? Why didn't you vote for your other suspect?"

glowball 147 wrote:Right now, I am seeing jily as scum over Swag. Why would any scum outwardly say that they joined a bandwagon? Newbtell and I agree that it leaves Swag NULL. Now jily claiming a vote for pressure is just ridiculous, as well as the fact that she called DK out for not scumhunting when the game just started and he's posted more than her.

First time that glow mentions actually being suspicious of a
single player
in post 147. This post also contains attempts to discredit Tomie, asking if she has any actual experience.

glowball 206 wrote:Also, it is very easy to sit back and wait for townies to slip up- it's called active lurking, I don't try to gain brownie points, I SCUMHUNT...you? I don't know what you do besides try to point out what you see as flaws in game play which aren't actually points at all. You are a feeler- you will keep deflecting, eluding, and trying to get anyone but yourself looked at. I challenge you to ask questions- follow through with pressure instead of coming in and making comments.

Asking questions without taking any firm stances isn't scumhunting. You're telling someone to follow through with pressure when you haven't even placed a vote on anyone.

glowball 331 wrote:Since then the only people catching my eye are Thor, Reck, KoC and Tomie. The first two just aggressive seemingly pushing for any sort of lynch, one coasting by and Tomie more evasive and deflective than anything.

Scumtell. Listing three townies and a scumbuddy as your suspects. It'd take a hell of a fucking lot to convince me that Thor and Reck are anything but town at this point, and it's basic mafia play to give light noncommittal suspicion of a weak scumbuddy. And, judging from those reads there, KoC is her weakest read of the four. Why pinpoint KoC in particular for 'just coasting by'?

Switching to chkballin ISO...

Thor vote is stupid and literally has no valid reason.

CHK posts some reads in 381, unsurprising I, the rival wagon, am suddenly their top suspect; meanwhile lurker PeregrineV is also scum. No other scum reads. None. Has a town read on Celebloki for taking a meta jab at Thor, saying scum wouldn't attempt that - why?

glowball fluffs around.

chkballin 665 wrote:Of all the things I'm scum for, it's because I'm joking with Thor665? That's reaching and especially so after quite a few people have joked and been jest back and forth. With this same mindset, SleepyKrew is scum too (for joking with Reck) right? Oh, no, he's not. Which should mean that I'm not either, right? Unless you're contradicting scum.

Then there's your vote on KoC which
totally looks sincere
and is about as valid as your vote for me.

Add the other things people have said and I'm convinced you're scum.

Then there's this new excuse you're giving us. "I'll finish this if I ignore you guys" sounds a lot like "I'm going to hopefully active-lurk myself out of this lynch." Do not like.

What even is this reasoning. No me gusta.

Spoiler: Celebloki
I've really had no idea what to really think of Celebloki. Picked on the easy votes all D1 - jily, Swag/me, DK. Nothing's ~technically~ wrong until:

Celebloki wrote:I'll bite, lets see where a palisade wagon gets us.

Unvote

Vote: Palisade

Out of the blue, wagons Palisade with no prior suspicion after voting me with a long history of suspecting me. Does not sit well.

Celebloki 660 wrote:You chumps really need to sign your posts. At this point one of you can't make cases or show reasoning for his reads and is essentially telling us to "deal with it". My understanding of this hydra is someone that wants to make posts on a fun forum while his partner plays the game but never seems to come around. If this isn't the most anti-town thing I've ever read I don't know what is. Is this some hydra made up of multiple personalities of DK or something. So you go ahead and tell us you can't make cases and aren't good at reasoning, but then you want us to take you seriously when you post a wall about who you think the scumteam is. This is ludicrous. Can't we just lynch this guy already?

For a player who has previously thoroughly explained his thoughts on me and jily with mostly okayish logic, he suddenly jumps a wagon and makes this post, smearing the hell out of Palisade with no basis of fact. "Can't we just lynch this guy already?" is a scumtell. If anybody is looking guilty of witnessing the vig slip and trying to kill it as quickly as possible, it's looking like Celebloki right now.

Spoiler: sanchocolates
sanchocolates 40 wrote:You can't post reads this early in the game...

Can too.

sanchocolates 117 wrote:
Tomie Uzumaki wrote:She's ignoring a specific player which she shouldn't be doing so based on what she has said so far.
Hint: It's the guy who supported the policy lynch against Deity without a reason.
Talking about me? I'm against a PL since I've never played with him before. But I do know him a bit, since I talk to him via chats and stuff and he's an irritating little bugger.

This was awful jumpy. I don't see how this could possibly be about san, yet he manages to assume it's him.

sanchocolates 418 wrote:@PBuG: My reason are the same as the other peoples. I honestly don't want to type it down when people have already given ME the reason to vote for him, so why shall I repeat it?

You should always be able to state in your own words why you are voting a certain player. Not necessarily a wrong post, but I don't like it.

Tends to have a lot of contentless posts, but out of the four, he's the least legitimately scummy. Not a fan of the apparent active lurking, though. Hasn't ever given an original opinion.

So, in summation...
Knight of Cydonia
- Active lurker who tunneled on DK and posted about nobody else until today, using flawed logic on me and Palisade.
chkballin
- glowball asks meaningless questions and doesn't take strong stances. CHK makes opportunistic votes with shifty logic.
Celebloki
- Spends a day and a half using logic, then hops on Palisade and uses
no
logic in demanding their lynch.
sanchocolate
- Potentially active lurking undercontributor who sheeps and made a jumpy assumption from a question Tomie asked glowball.

Even though he isn't necessarily the overall scummiest, I think Celebloki's inconsistency in voting Palisade is really fucking blatant. Out of the four, I'm probably most sold on him as scum. Second would be KoC, then chk, then san.

Unvote; Vote: Celebloki
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:50 am

Post by bvoigt »

JDGA wrote:So right now, my count puts Palisade on L-3.
I'm sorta worried about a quicklynch, but Palisade just seems to be feeling more and more scummy with every post he makes, and it's frustrating me a lot.
Therefore, VOTE: Palisade for L-2.

I really don't like this vote, especially since we can assume now that Palisade is town. It's the first time JDGA has mentioned them outside of unofficial vote counts. So if he's truly afraid of a quicklynch, why would he hop the highest bandwagon of a player he hasn't suspected until now?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:51 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

TIME TO SHEEP PBUG CHOOOOOOOO CHOOOOOOOOO

VOTE: CELEBOKI

PBUG: DOING RECK'S ANALYSIS SO HE DOESN'T HAVE TO SINCE 2011
green shirt thursdays
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:03 am

Post by JDGA »

bvoigt: I'd been noticing it all throughout Day 2, but I hadn't thought it enough to bring up until now, where it'd spiralled into a wagon. I was thinking that scum may have attempted to quicklynch him if he was town, but I didn't really believe that he was. In addition, what with all of the allegations that the wagon was scum-driven, I doubted scum or indeed
anyone
would want to quickhammer.
But now that Palisade's claimed, and his slip/crumb looks legit, it seems to me like there's nothing left to do regarding the issue other than to UNVOTE: Palisade.
I shall ponder my suspicions and probably ISO one or more people tomorrow.
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:26 am

Post by Celebloki »

For what it's worth I did not just put a random vote on Palisade. I agreed with Reck from the day before about Palisade and reminded him today about him. Then he switched his vote to Palisade and I decided to follow suit to help apply pressure. If anyone recalls I'm the one that quote Reck and reminded him of how he felt about Krypt. I'll agree that the evidence that palisade is the vig is pretty sound at the moment and
Unvote
. I'll need to read through a few people to decide what I want to do. Palisade vigging Krypt makes a lot of sense to me now. If you recall I was weary of believing that she was killed by investigating Jily in my opening post so now this makes a lot more sense to me. Palisade was gunning for krypt yesterday so vigging her fits. I am not discounting the possibility of SK claiming vig however.
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:28 am

Post by Celebloki »

EBWOP: I meant to say remind Reck how he felt of Palisade, not krypt.
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:50 am

Post by Celebloki »

And I made that jab at Palisade out of frustration, which I still believe is a legitimate frustration. I just wish they'd sign their posts with whoever is talking if they are going to post separately. One posts that they know Swag/PBuG (redhead I think) then the other say he's town (Almond). One says they can't make cases or reason well, not sure if that's one of the heads or both. One apparently drops hints at their role on accident and the other chews him out. I am just getting tired of dealing with two seemingly independent players behind one vote. How do you analyze someone when both the heads are completely different and say different things, suspect different people. That's why I say they are anti-town. They can hide behind a veil of confusion. From an outsider it appears they don't even talk to each other most of the time and play independently causing the other to get mad and yell, "Why did you post that!". I just want them to get their act together.
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:15 am

Post by chkballin »

Vig claim? My gut says no, but that makes more sense than Krypt investigating jilynne.

UNVOTE: Palisade
VOTE: Celebloki

I have my own non-sheep reasons for the vote, but you'll have to wait for my part of the case until I get a chance to post it.
I want to believe, the truth is out there...
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:06 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

^ If Celeboki is town, shoot chk. If he's scum, shoot one of the others.
green shirt thursdays
Palisade
Palisade
Goon
Palisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:22 am

Post by Palisade »

We'll be shooting the guy who softclaimed our role on D1, thanks. But Chkballin was already on our short list.
BeaverWeasel
BeaverWeasel
Townie
BeaverWeasel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:24 am

Post by BeaverWeasel »

DO NOT VOTE Celebloki.

He's Town.

Unvote

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”