Newbie 1126-Perfect Scum Victory

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
lilac
lilac
Goon
lilac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:30 pm

Post by lilac »

So Ythan, was that just an example or did you really FoS F-team tsunamic?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:37 pm

Post by Ythan »

I was being sincere but it made a good example.
F-team tsunamic
F-team tsunamic
Goon
F-team tsunamic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:03 pm

Post by F-team tsunamic »

FoS: Ythan

I'm just new and attempting to get some discussion going, but right back at you Ythan as i think I can smell the herring you are trying to lead us away with.
"Goodnight Wesley, good work. I'll most likely kill you in the morning." -The Dread Pirate Roberts
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:06 pm

Post by Ythan »

I FoSed you and gave a reason. You were clearly not trying to get relevant discussion going as your post was completely unrelated to the content of the game. Instead of responding you OMGUS* FoS me and accuse the accusation against you as a red herring with no attempt to defend your previous post.

OMGUS, or Oh My God You Suck, is a vote, FoS, any kind of attack that is made against a player who just attacked you
because
they just attacked you.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:22 pm

Post by Thomith »

F-team tsunamic wrote:
FoS: Ythan

I'm just new and attempting to get some discussion going, but right back at you Ythan as i think I can smell the herring you are trying to lead us away with.

There is a difference between getting discussion going and getting game related discussion going. I wonder what is more useful.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.
F-team tsunamic
F-team tsunamic
Goon
F-team tsunamic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:32 pm

Thank you for the lesson Ythan, you scummy scummy bastard.
"Goodnight Wesley, good work. I'll most likely kill you in the morning." -The Dread Pirate Roberts
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:33 pm

Post by Ythan »

I think I'm going to do this.

unvote vote F-team tsunamic

Some mods or players prefer that you unvote, if you have one out, before placing a new vote. It doesn't make a big difference but then, it's not hard to do either.
Thomas
Thomas
Goon
Thomas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:46 pm

Post by Thomas »

Thomith wrote:also explain what you mean by the bolded part.
Well I was suspicious that he (fatlikepig) put the second vote on somebody so early in this game then I said I would vote him but I would be a hypocrite because I would be placing the second vote on him.

In a few more real life days I think we should each post lists of who we think are the 2 most suspicious people thus far.

For now though I will:
FoS: F-team tsunamic

Because of your OMGUS FoS and the random post on the last page.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:59 pm

Post by Thomith »

Thomas wrote:
Thomith wrote:also explain what you mean by the bolded part.
Well I was suspicious that he (fatlikepig) put the second vote on somebody so early in this game then I said I would vote him but I would be a hypocrite because I would be placing the second vote on him.

In a few more real life days I think we should each post lists of who we think are the 2 most suspicious people thus far.

That's what i thought you meant just wanted to make sure.

also the second statement seems like a good idea and i am in favor of it.

lilac
lilac
Goon
lilac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:41 am

Post by lilac »

If everybody makes a few posts by then it sounds like a plan to me.
F-team tsunamic
F-team tsunamic
Goon
F-team tsunamic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:49 am

I am (and was at the time i pointed the FoS) genuinely suspicious of ythan's jumping down my throat. This is my first game, and I may be a bumbler with nub blues, but I found his post to be an attempt to sway the vote to me, pointing out what he believed to be 'fos' worthy in a post that was just a blind attempt to play the game. I'm just new, not scum. I genuinely believe he is scum based on his attack of the new guy. I cannot in good conscience leave this alone:
unvote vote: ythan
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:05 am

Post by Thomith »

F-team tsunamic wrote:I am (and was at the time i pointed the FoS) genuinely suspicious of ythan's jumping down my throat. This is my first game, and I may be a bumbler with nub blues, but I found his post to be an attempt to sway the vote to me, pointing out what he believed to be 'fos' worthy in a post that was just a blind attempt to play the game. I'm just new, not scum. I genuinely believe he is scum based on his attack of the new guy. I cannot in good conscience leave this alone:

sorry to break it to you but 6 of you are "new guys" so if anyone attacks a newbie slot they are attacking a "new guy?"
not completely dismissing this but if this is the logic then i don't really see any scum points on ythan here.

Thomas
Thomas
Goon
Thomas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:43 am

Post by Thomas »

F-team tsunamic wrote:I am (and was at the time i pointed the FoS) genuinely suspicious of ythan's jumping down my throat. This is my first game, and I may be a bumbler with nub blues, but I found his post to be an attempt to sway the vote to me, pointing out what he believed to be 'fos' worthy in a post that was just a blind attempt to play the game. I'm just new, not scum. I genuinely believe he is scum based on his attack of the new guy. I cannot in good conscience leave this alone:
The roles are assigned randomly so any "new guy" can be scum. Ythan is just more experienced than us. It doesn't mean he's scum.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:08 am

Post by Ythan »

Thomas wrote:In a few more real life days I think we should each post lists of who we think are the 2 most suspicious people thus far.

I can get behind this.

I FoSed you for something you did. Your response was just to FoS me back. Now that I've voted you for the omgus your response is to vote me back. Your case against me is...that I attacked you? Yeah that doesn't fly. When attacked you need to defend yourself, not just accuse the person of pressuring you.
fatlikepig
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:38 am

Post by fatlikepig »

I'm not too good with reading people, but I think I'll do this:

FoS: F-team tsunamic

For the OMGUS vote not once, but twice:

F-team tsunamic wrote:
VOTE:Elsa von Spielburg

For not appreciating anagrams

I realise that since the first vote was during RVS, it may not carry that much weight (or any at all, for that matter), but given how (extremely!) defensive F-team has shown himself to be thus far, I feel like we should at least note it for future consideration. The second vote I think speaks for itself.

I feel like F-team hasn't produced a solid defense for himself yet, and has instead just decided to attack the person FoSing him. In addition, I don't feel as if his arguments make that much sense. "Attack of the new guy?" Last I checked, six out of the nine are the "new guys" here, so I don't see why that's valid at all. I don't see Ythan FoS'ing all six of us, and until he does I don't really see how that point stands. And how is making a post about how Mafia makes no sense an attempt to play the game? I fail to see how a largely irrelevant post could be interpreted as an attempt to play the game, and I wouldn't mind an explanation from F-team as to how it is, or how he may have thought it was. Also, I think it demonstrated some sort of unease on his part, something I get from most of his other posts as well - though I guess being FoSed isn't the easiest thing to deal with.

But since we haven't talked very much, and since hahonryuu hasn't posted yet, I'm going to hold off from voting for now. Like I said, I'm not too great with scumhunting, so I have no idea if I'm right or wrong. Unbeknownst to me, F-team could be the Doctor or something (which would be quite unfortunate), and since we're still in the early days of the game, I'm not sure if acting on such a small chunk of info would be a wise decision. Exactly why I'm not going to vote just yet.

Anywho, just my two cents. ^^
Sproink!
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:48 am

Post by Ythan »

FoS all the new guys.
fatlikepig
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by fatlikepig »

I meant a legit FoS, mind you. :P

Unless that was legit, in which case :shifty:
Sproink!
hahonryuu
hahonryuu
Goon
hahonryuu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by hahonryuu »

Thomith wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Unvote: lilac

I would vote fatlikepig for making a second vote on someone this early in the game
but then I'd be a hypocrite

it is RVS people usually unvote and vote when they see fit, scumtells and such usually mean nothing or very little during RVS. also explain what you mean by the bolded part.

VOTE: Hahonryuu for not posting yet.

My timezone is GMT (London time)

Then i'll just have to take away your reason for voting for me and post. I was on the road yesterday a good chunk of the day <im currently visiting family> and today i was helping out with some work that needed to be done.

VOTE: Fatlikepig Since it seems to be the thing to do right now and this early in the game, we dont have much to go on.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by Ythan »

Haho, do you really not think there is anything going on that deserves comment?
F-team tsunamic
F-team tsunamic
Goon
F-team tsunamic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:45 pm

fatlikepig wrote:...I wouldn't mind an explanation from F-team as to how it is, or how he may have thought it was. Also, I think it demonstrated some sort of unease on his part, something I get from most of his other posts as well - though I guess being FoSed isn't the easiest thing to deal with.

Although I have read the newbie guide and the faq, I still just did not know how the actual flow of the game would transpire. My usual route to new and uncertain experiences is to enter it with a bit of humor, which can be difficult to convey with text alone as i rely on a strong variety of facial expression, rhythm and tone in my humor. I attempted to envision the scenario that would transpire if this was a true to life situation, my long history of table top role playing sort of forces me to imagine these sort of things. I was only trying to be funny stating how it did not make sense, but i understand it came across as awkward and contradictory to the feel/flow of the game. When i said that the comment was indeed game based, I only meant that i was talking(writing) about the game, the fact that we are nine trying to lynch two. And in truth, the only reason i posted that at all was that I didn't just want to post my timezone, i wanted to simulate discussion. HA! i guess mission accomplished on that one, but as many things in life, it did not go the way i planned. I did not think it was off topic because i did not know the game. I am very uneasy on new forums due to the usually(hoping this is different) cliquish nature of the things. When I was voted first, it put me on the defensive and I was waiting for the attack to drop. I did not know that there are 6 other first-time players in this game. I know its a newbie game but i did not realize the proliferation of first time players in this thread. When then i got slammed for my comment I went into informationless sleuth mode, seeing shadows in the accusations of others. Same with the change of vote, ythan's insistence of my scummy nature made me feel as though he was trying to force the vote to me to save himself. I was just trying to play the game, without actually knowing how to play the game. Now ill just sit back and wait for the chips to fall as they may. Sorry for the long post, just trying to clear things up. I don't doubt these exchanges will have me lynched early on, but when I am, you will all see that i'm nothing but a simple townie.
hahonryuu
hahonryuu
Goon
hahonryuu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:03 pm

Post by hahonryuu »

Ythan wrote:Haho, do you really not think there is anything going on that deserves comment?

Well I wouldn't go that far. there is rarely ever
nothing
. But it's just really early is all. any conclusions we draw wont be that strong unless someone majorly screws up. And usually I'm more of a "see what happens after the first day before drawing any conclusions" kind of guy usually. but im busy atm so I havent had much time to really study/think about it. I was just basically commenting on my accusation than anything else. I'll talk more tonight when im less busy.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:23 pm

Post by Ythan »

F-team tsunamic wrote:Same with the change of vote, ythan's insistence of my scummy nature made me feel as though he was trying to force the vote to me to save himself.
To save myself from what? I was under no suspicion. And I'm not pushing at you based on the one contentless post anymore. That was relatively minor. It's the reaction.
fatlikepig
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:03 pm

Post by fatlikepig »

@F-team: Well, I have no idea whether or not the explanation is true or not, given that we are in early days, and seeing that this is the first game on this forum for a lot of people here. In any case, I still think that the reaction that Ythan's FoS provoked seemed overly defensive/aggressive (I have no idea which word to pick there, but I think you get the point), so my finger remains on you. That said, I don't think that I have enough grounds to act on that just yet.

Also, general question, does everyone get to know which two roles were chosen out of the four possible roles? Or are we left to guess?
Sproink!
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:13 pm

Post by Ythan »

Nobody knows the roles. Any doc/cop/jailer in the game knows one of them, nobody else knows either.
Thomas
Thomas
Goon
Thomas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:37 pm

Post by Thomas »

There hasn't been very much discussion recently so to stir up activity I will:
FoS:
LadyDeathRage

You should post more. Don't try to fly under the radar.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”