Newbie 1117(Town Wins)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:04 pm

Post by SomeRandomGuy »

I'd say this isn't two townies up for a lynch. It's really rare to get 2 players at L-1 D1 in a newbie and have them both me town. That said, if we lynch a townie today, I'm not going to automatically assume the other player is scum.

Well, of course not, how does it sit with you that Kad basically asked for that to happen?
Town: 2-1
-=-
Scum 1-1

Alive in: 0
Dead in: 0 : Ongoing game
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:37 pm

Post by bvoigt »

BBmolla wrote:I truly and honestly believe I can contribute more to this town then kad; and I think a ML would be well spent on him.

You said just a few posts ago that kad was your scummiest read. Now, you think he's a mislynch?

zMuffinMan wrote:uh, just quickly because I'm busy atm, but the reason I thought BBmolla was softclaiming a PR is because he said he had something to say but couldn't say it without outing his role, which to me suggests soft-claiming a PR. But when he actually claimed VT, he said something along the lines of "my defense was just going to be lynch me" or something to that effect, which made me look back and realise I probably did misinterpret the softclaiming. But I also think he's town independent of that.

What else makes you think he's town?

ToastyToast wrote:@BB: soft-claiming as a VT actually can help town a lot, you just have to do it really well (see Andrius, whose title is the Baker for how much he crumbs his roles)

It's pretty risky, though.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:14 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

General town vibes from his posts. Nothing in particular, just reading him as town in general. Do you have a town read on kad or something? Or is there a reason you think BB is more likely scum than kad?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:15 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

ebwop: I'm taking a short nap. Will be back in a few hours. Really can't think straight or keep eyes open. So present any last minute arguments or posts you want then I'll come on and hammer.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:05 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Personally didn't like the softclaim, but BB is looking better, so I don't think he's the lynch for today

Kad...not so much. He's not even trying anymore, and that's something we don't need -_-.

Unvote, Vote: Kad
. Hammertime.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:38 pm

Post by SomeRandomGuy »

I must say that having two people at L-1 with the decision on who to lynch down to one person (unless someone switched votes) makes me a little uneasy. We find ourselves literally in a situation where if Muffin is scum and one of the lynch candidates are that he could save them and take out a townie no questions asked.

I think it's fairly obvious that Kad is going to be the one eating the lynch and whilst i'm absolutely not against that just like i wouldn't be against a BB lynch it does make me wonder what you're waiting for, Muffin. There are good cases on both targets I couldn't blame you for hammering either of them. Your read on BB as being town has been pretty consistant but i'm not really sure as to why that's the case...

Kad has made less scummy sounding statements than BB - Obviously the fact he's barely posted is scummy in itself but this much is true.

muffin wrote:On another note, BB is reading as town. Newbie-town, but still town. Although I would like to see him stop caring about himself and start focusing on finding scum. I personally don't care what "defense" he has to offer in his next post, I'd rather see him start hunting scum properly.

I don't think you've ever really stated what exactly makes you feel BB is town, except for one time where it was a null-tell (him lying by his own admission). Has he started focusing on finding scum since you posted this around 130 posts ago? He certainly in some ways hasn't stopped defending himself.

muffin wrote: So reading kad in ISO, I don't like any of his posts, but I'm having a bit of trouble determining whether it's newb-scum or newb-town here.

What makes Kad newb scum or newb town but BB simply newb town at this point?

muffin wrote:
Also, I'm worried that I'm the only one who is noticing the obvious reason that BB is town. And it's a very, very obvious reason at that. Although possibly a gambit, it's much more likely to come from bb-town than bb-scum... Yet people aren't even commenting on it, let alone making references to it. Weird.

It's not really weird, your mentioning of it even subtly made me double check it again, i had thought it sounded like a claim but went past it, when you posted this, it was obvious you thought as much too.

The other thing about the role claim from BB is this: His first Role soft claim was post #204

I'd scumhunt, but I'm not at the point where I can recognize any tells. That's why I haven't been contributing anything.

I've got a response, but I can't say it without outing my role.

Also Kad, claiming and matching roles is pretty useless considering there's a percentage that a role doesn't even exist.

Post #212
verydark wrote:
This seems to me like you're already preparing to claim, You've at least demonstrated in this post that you're not a vanilla townie and that you have some sort of power role. I don't believe in rolefishing, but now I really want to see where this is going...dropping a subtle hint like this is scumtastic, because you're trying to, again, divert attention from your actions by essentially "changing the subject".

the relevance?

Muffin wrote:Also, I'm worried that I'm the only one who is noticing the obvious reason that BB is town. And it's a very, very obvious reason at that. Although possibly a gambit, it's much more likely to come from bb-town than bb-scum...

Nope, you're not the only one noticing it at that point, very dark had already posted about it a few posts back aaaand...

muffin wrote:@verydark,

Anything else you want to add to the game other than that BB is scum, scum, scum?

You're obviously responding to #212 in which Verydark mentions the soft claim in far less uncertain terms than you did, you must have seen what he said - you skipped over it though and why? He took a different stance on it than yourself, we know that much.

muffin wrote: meh, kad's my preference over BB. I'll probably move to kad some time in the next day, pending any responses that make me change my mind about someone.

hm. That changes what I thought I saw a bit. I need to reassess some things, but I still think BB is more likely town than scum.

He has admitted to lying, his posts have been well laid out though BUT in my opinion he made it quite clear in his first soft claim that he didn't see the point in actually claiming the role it self with this:

Also Kad, claiming and matching roles is pretty useless considering there's a percentage that a role doesn't even exist.

He happens to make a fairly good, even perhaps slightly pro-town comment, i just still with his reasoning don't understand why he didn't go through with his plan of soft claiming a role - Then again, it was always as likely or more so that Kad would eat lynch.

Let me summarise:

I'm not sure why you think BB is town, it's not that i think BB is more likely scum than Kad it's that there's a lot more of a case against him, again it's unfair to judge only on those merits since it's kads inactivity which makes him useless to town even if he's telling the truth.
Also, you've said yourself that information wise if Kad is town we get much less, hell if he's scum we also get much less than with BB.

Also a few more things:

Here's something I'm pretty sure of.

Kad, whether town or mafia, will be unhelpful either way.

kad wrote:
ya, so vote me

If you insist.

Vote:Kad2361

BB's response to Kad's 'vote me' post - it really doesn't read like something that BB feels is any kind of valid defence.

It seems to me that he's a town member that doesn't care, which in the long run could be more detrimental to the town than a scum member hiding amongst the town.

However, he could possibly be scum trying to throw us off by asking to be lynched.

and this doesn't support that either...

[quote="muffin]uh, just quickly because I'm busy atm, but the reason I thought BBmolla was softclaiming a PR is because he said he had something to say but couldn't say it without outing his role, which to me suggests soft-claiming a PR. But when he actually claimed VT, he said something along the lines of "my defense was just going to be lynch me" or something to that effect, which made me look back and realise I probably did misinterpret the softclaiming. But I also think he's town independent of that.
[/quote]

An absolute misrep of the situation, I'm not saying it's intended or not but BB has now admitted that he purposely soft claimed and did it to draw a night kill, yet, he never seemed likely to actually give his 'role' away and put town reasoning as to why it wouldn't help right back in his very first (much more subtle) role hinting. I still don't understand why he didn't go for the role claim, we'd have lynched Kad most likely, if VT BB would probably be killed by the mafia thinking they had a soft claim to work with.

Anyway, it's late ... oh early 8.35am... damn i wish i could sleep :( the other half looks all happy in bed... but alas i am here.

My main reasons for bringing this all out like this are:

I wanted to show you that action wise at least, there's a lot more that doesn't add up with BB and if you'll allow me one last quote in this post:
-=-
Scum 1-1

SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:42 pm

Post by SomeRandomGuy »

Voidedmafia wrote:Personally didn't like the softclaim, but BB is looking better, so I don't think he's the lynch for today

Kad...not so much. He's not even trying anymore, and that's something we don't need -_-.

Unvote, Vote: Kad
. Hammertime.

I honestly feel you should have left the hammer vote to Muffin, he was going to vote Kad anyway which is fairly evident. You do realise that if Kad flips scum you have some questions to answer?
-=-
Scum 1-1

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:30 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Questions like: Why would I hammer? Any elaborations on why I switched from BB to Kad?

Or am I just trying to read your mind and failing?

In any case, like I said, BB's looking better. It's nearly balancing himself out from what happened earlier in the day, to the point that he's null.

Kad, on the other hand, has been sliding scum since I got here, and he's just been going downhill since. With BB jumping upwards, the choice of the lynch is clear. Is there more to BB? Like I've said, a BB lynch would mainly be for information, but I've been aimed toward kad before that, so with little reason for lynching BB pre-flip I moved back to the one I was going to lynch in the first place.

SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:45 pm

Post by SomeRandomGuy »

More toward the fact with the hammer coming down on him, you felt the need to do it - knowing full well that Muffin had planned to.

Still though, it doesn't make you scum just as it wouldn't win you any town points in my eyes.

Anyway, lets hope this is the right result, if not lets crown Kad as a village idiot and make sure we get it right next lynch :)
-=-
Scum 1-1

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:50 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Yes to both of those, though he was already the VI before I got here so it's not much different <_<.

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:57 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

meh, talk about it tomorrow. no real point making assumptions without the flip.
Haze
Haze
Mafia Scum
Haze
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:09 pm

Post by Haze »

To me, it feels like Voided jumped the gun and maybe he should have waited for Muffin:

What if Muffin changed his mind and Voted for BB?

I dunno, is it only me who is interested in who Muffin would have actually hammered?
~Lu-natic.

Don't say Crazy.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:23 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Probably. I'm not that interesting a guy. But I would have hammered kad. Although I always hate being put in the spot of having to make a decision like that. I much rather push the case than hammer.
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:18 am

Post by verydark »

Wow, yeah, I think it was kind of accepted that Muffin was going to cast the hammer vote, if voided genuinely felt that BB has provided enough reason to switch to Kad, that's one thing, but it seems more like an anxious vote, not protown, and if Kad flips town, I'm going to be looking at voided a LOT more.

There's no question that BB is contributing more and actually attempting to play (so props for that) but I still feel his overall actions in the game were the scummiest. You all have lynched Kad simply because he hasn't contributed and lurked most of the game.

I'm not personally convinced that that's the best way to play, obviously more active players make the game more fun, but I guess we will see if you made the right choice.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:12 am

Post by SomeRandomGuy »

zMuffinMan wrote:meh, talk about it tomorrow. no real point making assumptions without the flip.

You're right..

talking of the flip i've been waiting for like 10 hours now, the anticipation is killing me :P
-=-
Scum 1-1

ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:16 am

Post by ToastyToast »

...why did voided have to wait? I think its a very NULL thing to hop on
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:18 am

Post by ToastyToast »

verydark wrote:There's no question that BB is contributing more and actually attempting to play (so props for that) but I still feel his overall actions in the game were the scummiest. You all have lynched Kad simply because he hasn't contributed and lurked most of the game.

Hmm....
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:34 am

Post by verydark »

@Toasty

Huh?
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
kad2361
kad2361
Goon
kad2361
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:59 am

Post by kad2361 »

:P :mad: :lol: bored
LYNCH BB
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:46 am

Post by ToastyToast »

verydark wrote:@Toasty
Huh?

Just a hunch. Don't worry about it, yet.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:51 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Kad, shut up and come back when you're going to play -_-

SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:11 am

Post by SomeRandomGuy »

Kad, you could have at least told us how you were going to flip.

Anyway, Muffin thanks for clarifying that Kad was still going to be your hammer vote prior to the flip, not being wishy-washy before the flip when the pressure had been taken off of you in terms of the decision on who to hammer is commendable.
-=-
Scum 1-1

drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:18 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

.|Vote count 8|.

Haze-0
BBmolla-3(kad2361, verydark, bvoigt)
VoidedMafia-0
SomeRandomGuy-0
kad2361-5(SomeRandomGuy, BBmolla, Haze, ToastyToast, VoidedMafia)
Lynched

verydark-0
ToastyToast-1(zMuffinMan)
zMuffinMan-0
bvoigt-0

Not Voting-0
With 9 alive it takes 5 votes to lynch

If there are any problems tell me.
#freeShotty
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:29 am

You all gather around Kad2361 at the end of day one, people start pocking him, then suddenly VoidedMafia hits him on the head with a hammer and kills him. Unfortunately
Kad2361 was a
Vanilla Townie
.[/b]

It is now night one. Night ends 72 hours from this post.
#freeShotty
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:14 pm

As the sun starts to rise, a scream is heard. Everyone rushes out side! To there is may they find Haze, or Haze's head on the ground, his body was found a few years late in old man Jenkin's well. Quickly you search him for a gun, a knife, a set of key, anything! Anything? Nope nothing.

Haze,
a Vanilla Townie
was decapitated night one.
Last edited by drmyshottyizsik on Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#freeShotty

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”