Newbie #1118 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:20 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

Scumhunter wrote:
YankCane151 wrote:
hiplop's #312 is kinda odd now that Taz flipped; 'quit your nitpicking' is counterproductive, I think I nitpick alot because scum tells aren't usually out there and are more subtle/require pressure.

hip's #337 is really odd in retrospect. "One of you will die, it's just a matter of who" effectively helps him eliminate any other options and is more subtle of persuasion than you'd think. Someone could read that and say "yeah, these guys are the only options and no one else should be considered anymore." Just a way of convincing the town.

You mentioned him exactly twice. Your attack on him for #312 doesn't make too much sense to me. It might be counterproductive, but it doesn't make him scum. If anything, I thought that post was a slight town tell from hiplop. As for #337, I think you are completely misrepresenting his intentions.

Even if you believed those things to be scummy, how do either of those things warrant a vote over say, Quilford? You say you are fine voting Quilford or hiplop today, mind voting Quilford then?

WHY WHY WHY do you want the pressure off of hiplop so bad? You said yourself he's scummy. That second paragraph is really odd and reeks of defending. Why are you even worried about him being lynched? There's 4 people not voting him, that'd be you, Tick, Zach, and himself of course, and if you three are supposedly townies, then they/you'd actually think it out and not hammer. Chill out, hiplop isn't going anywhere right now.
Go Yankees and Miami Hurricanes
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:21 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

At this point? I think it might be you. If he flipped scum then this looks like a desperate attempt to defend a teammate.
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:23 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

Assume for a minute I'm town, which of course you don't know (unless maybe you do). Then who makes sense for a hiplop partner?
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:26 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

I can't think of anyone off the top of my head in that regard while considering the cop+inno claim. It'd have to be silavor or Quil and I'd have to reassess that upon a hiplop scum flip.

Interestingly enough you've been riding Quiliford all game and then 'suddenly' flipped to me when 1: Tick started really suspecting me and 2: Pressure got high on hiplop.
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:29 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

YankCane151 wrote:At this point, I wouldn't mind either a Quilford or hiplop lynch. With Sanch/Tick town, Zach town, Ank and Taz town, reading through again they seem the scummiest.

I believe Zach, though don't take the lack of counter claims as 100% town, there's still a chance(I don't believe it right now) that he could be scum lying. That's something for later in the game, though. Zach: Why do you think Hunter and hiplop are town?

Again, I ask you would you ACTUALLY support a Quilford lynch?
Show
-----
-----
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:32 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

Question: Do you think hiplop has improved his play since your analysis of him in #293?
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:33 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

I'd go for a lynch of either, but the more you outright defend hiplop and try to divert the attention to the other wagon, the more leery I am of hiplop and yourself.
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:37 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

YankCane151 wrote:
Interestingly enough you've been riding Quiliford all game and then 'suddenly' flipped to me when 1: Tick started really suspecting me and 2: Pressure got high on hiplop.

Yes. Is that scummy somehow? Tick is now practically confirmed town. A confirmed town suspecting you when no one else has made me take another look at your play which is something I had wanted to do anyways. The pressure on hiplop doesn't make too much sense to me because as I just proved (and you agreed with) it doesn't really look like he has any potential partner that would make too much sense.

From my point of view the most logical partner for hiplop would actually be Zach. I suppose Zach could be a mafiarolecop who got a result on Tick being a pr and decided that it would be a perfect opportunity to gain town cred by defending Tick (seeing as Tick would have ended up claiming anyways) while still being able to kill him off the next night. Meh. I find this scenario unlikely though.

Zach, what are your thoughts on recent developments?
Show
-----
-----
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:38 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

May be nothing, but #480 then #481 may be a subconcious thing regarding why you're so defensive, it would certainly explain why you didn't start playing defense on hiplop until you knew it was bad, considering you suspected him the post before. Also the request in #499 to hiplop really says nothing.
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:40 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

YankCane151 wrote:I'd go for a lynch of either, but the more you outright defend hiplop and try to divert the attention to the other wagon, the more leery I am of hiplop and yourself.

From my point of view as town, believing the cop is real and seeing hiplop at L-1, it 100% implies that for hiplop to be mafia to me bussing is occuring which I just can't wrap my head around why mafia would ever do that. Yes I'm defending him strongly because I think he is town. From your point of view, I can see why you would be leery of an outright defense, but can you see why the wagon looks hella suspect to me?

No, nothing about hiplop's play has changed my opinion on him, it has everything to do with no one making sense as a partner to him.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

I'm explaining why I'm defensive with regards to this wagon...defensiveness is not a bad thing...
Show
-----
-----
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:45 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

Scumhunter wrote:
YankCane151 wrote:

Yes. Is that scummy somehow? Tick is now practically confirmed town. A confirmed town suspecting you when no one else has made me take another look at your play which is something I had wanted to do anyways. The pressure on hiplop doesn't make too much sense to me because as I just proved (and you agreed with) it doesn't really look like he has any potential partner that would make too much sense.

From my point of view the most logical partner for hiplop would actually be Zach. I suppose Zach could be a mafiarolecop who got a result on Tick being a pr and decided that it would be a perfect opportunity to gain town cred by defending Tick (seeing as Tick would have ended up claiming anyways) while still being able to kill him off the next night. Meh. I find this scenario unlikely though.

Zach, what are your thoughts on recent developments?

There's nothing wrong with
pressure
, though. You used it yourself before(way back when on lolly). I don't have to prove pressure, and it's certainly opened my eyes to this new hip-hunter possibility. The Zach thing is certainly possible and as I said, I'm not ruling out that it could be a fakeclaim, but for now it's better to leave Zach alive and lynch scumspects.

For one, you called Tick a confirmed town in that post and then said Zach could be lying. wat. Then, as I explained before, Confirmed town suspecting someone isn't always right. Tick's still after me for something I basically can't defend (Arcee)

And in case you didn't realize, I didn't exactly have you cleared when I voted hiplop and made a case, so yes, he does still have possible partners. For one you brought up it could be Zach, and two, you proved nothing because you haven't made yourself a confirmed townie and confirmed not hiplop's partner in my eyes, and this rigamao you're doing isn't helping.
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:48 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

Scumhunter wrote:
YankCane151 wrote:I'd go for a lynch of either, but the more you outright defend hiplop and try to divert the attention to the other wagon, the more leery I am of hiplop and yourself.

From my point of view as town, believing the cop is real and seeing hiplop at L-1, it 100% implies that for hiplop to be mafia to me bussing is occuring which I just can't wrap my head around why mafia would ever do that. Yes I'm defending him strongly because I think he is town. From your point of view, I can see why you would be leery of an outright defense, but can you see why the wagon looks hella suspect to me?

No, nothing about hiplop's play has changed my opinion on him, it has everything to do with no one making sense as a partner to him.

First: Mafia do bus. If the mafia at current plays using that strategy, then it's a viable option and shouldn't be ruled out. Second: You're defending him strongly because you think he's town, but the post before you realized he was at L-1 you suspected him, and you even threw up a half hearted attack in #499.

I can see why the wagon looks suspect. But I'm not worried about looking suspect, I'm worried about getting scum, and if you get a bad vibe from me hunting one of my top two targets, then so be it.

I covered the partner thing above.
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:51 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

I think the important question I have for you is: Can you tell me why you think I'm scum in regards to something that doesn't involve hiplop?
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:53 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

Hell, I guess it could be Yank/Silavor. or Yank/Quilford. or Quilford/Silavor. I'll sleep on it. Can't really do too much else at this point without input from other people.

For now
unvote
. If you are town Yank, I want you to know that my vote on you isn't final or with the intent to follow it through to a lynch even though I have been strongly questioning you. It was for pressure and to see where you stand on things. One thing I forgot about was how hard your slot (Arcee right?) was pushing on Quilford's slot earlier in the game on d1, making Yank/Quilford a bit unlikely. Silavor what worries me a bit about you is that I could see you partnered with either Yank or Quilford really and that you are currently voting someone who it doesn't make too much sense for them to be mafia in my opinion.

Omg, silavor are you mafia? D: D: D: D:
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:54 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

YankCane151 wrote:I think the important question I have for you is: Can you tell me why you think I'm scum in regards to something that doesn't involve hiplop?

Point taken.
Show
-----
-----
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:00 am

Post by Quilford »

I see no reason for Zach to have outed to prevent the sanchocolates lynch, tbqh.
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:02 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Mafia could bus I suppose, I just think it would be a pretty retarded strategy in this case if the cop is real. Just because I think its retarded doesn't mean others think so or that it isn't happening. Hmm. I'm decently satisfied with your reactions so don't take my attacks on you too personal or that I'm gunning for your lynch really. I can see why you would be skeptical of my defense of hiplop, so okay I'll let it rest for now.

LMFAO if the mafia are Zach + Tick.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:04 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Quilford wrote:I see no reason for Zach to have outed to prevent the sanchocolates lynch, tbqh.

Please tell me you don't believe this!!!!! You want him to just LET a townie be lynched and guarantee lylo? WTF times a million, lynches are so valuable. I'd defend someone I think is town to the death even without a report. If I were Zach I probably would have claimed and outed regardless of who was being up for vote tbh, but thats just me.
Show
-----
-----
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:06 am

Post by YankCane151 »

I am skeptical of it, but that doesn't mean you need to stop it. If he's really all town for you, feel free to argue more and to the other voting him too. Don't let my suspicion get in the way of you scumhunting like I'm not letting yours get in the way of mine.

Regardless, I want to see hiplop's response to #480 and #499, and I'll be watching that response more intently now.

Quilford's #485 is kinda vague too.
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:15 am

Post by YankCane151 »

Quilford wrote:I see no reason for Zach to have outed to prevent the sanchocolates lynch, tbqh.

Would you rather him stay hidden and lynch sancho?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:54 am

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #17=-

hiplop (3) - silavor, YankCane151, Quilford
YankCane151 (1) - The Tick
Quilford (1) - Zachrulez

Not Voting (2) - hiplop, Scumhunter

4 to lynch.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:26 am

Post by silavor »

Scumhunter, if your scummate is going down, and there's a cop claim with an inno, scum are going to bus like there's no tomorrow because sooner rather than later process of elimination is gonna catch them, and scum's gonna need all the townpoints they can get to help them get to lylo.

The fact that you seem
so adamant
that there definitely is no bussing going on right now has me more than a bit worried.
silavor
silavor
Goon
silavor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:30 am

Post by silavor »

You also haven't explained why you believed hiplop to be newbtown when he's very clearly not.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:11 am

Post by Quilford »

YankCane151 wrote:

Would you rather him stay hidden and lynch sancho?

I'm used to cops only outing with guilties.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”