Mini 1193: Hacker's Panic mafia. (Game Over)

CooLskins
CooLskins
Goon
CooLskins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:46 am

Post by CooLskins »

Crap!

Okay, to make sure I don't do that again, I'm changing the hydra theme to mobile. That way I'll never be able to mistake accounts again. Anyway, as to the case:

Okay, here's a more in-depth case that will hopefully fullfill Zodiark's needs. After producing virtually no content whatsoever on D-1, Zodiark posts this:

Zodiark13 wrote:
Parama wrote:Hrezs, Zodiark, don, xvart, and kondi all need to post more; they all have 5 or less posts, and at least one of those is pregame for each.

-ponders for a moment-

-looks back at the quicklynch the day before-

-leers-

Hrezs wrote:
Parama wrote:
vote: Hrezs

since there's two more scum, and Hrezs is one of them.

Hows this work again? I came back to read the game and the thread was closed.

Also you just called
people scum, and said
more scum left?

Sounds like a scumslip.

Vote: Parama

Of note: I havent actually read day 1

Can you say epic reaching?

Vote:Celebloki

Hammering a claimed OSV = bad

Hammering a claimed OSV less than a week since the start of the day = terrible

Hammering a claimed OSV less than a week since the start of the day just because the claimed OSV is a VI = scum

Hammering a claimed OSV less than a week since the start of the day just because the claimed OSV is a VI, and the claimed OSV flips OSV = if your not scum, I need to relearn how to scumhunt.

Relavent part is bolded. Uses very strong language to indicate that he thinks celi is scum. Says that if celi isn't scum that he needs to relearn how to scumhunt. Next post:

Zodiark13 wrote:
bobsnox wrote:Coolskins said something about not wanting to play with newbies. Deselby claimed to be a newbie. Coolskins said I'm looking forward to playing with you. I would quote but it's hard with the phone. Seems to me like Coolskins and deselby had time to get acquainted in scumchat before the game.

Going back over the game, I feel I should point out the slight misrep here.

CooLskins wrote:
Haschel Cedricson wrote:Wait, we've got a hydra in the game? Not too pleased about that.

yes actually. I believe I made it very clear in the queue that this is a hydra. If you are very much apposed to it (after talking to bub) we could easily replace out.

@Beck, okay, I just didn't want to have two complete noobs like we had last game that we played in.

deselby wrote:@coolskins, I am a noob, I have played 1 newbie game. I will try not to damage your sanity too much.

CooLskins said, and I quote, that he "didn't want two complete noobs...", not that he didn't want to play with noobs full stop.

Makes some slightly irrelavent comments and does nothing to further the wagon on a person whom he thinks is certainly scum. Next post:

Zodiark13 wrote:
Celeblokis refusal should make him jump up in scumminess, but for some reason it just gives of a town vibe. And honestly, hammering a VI is hardly a massive scumtell.

Unvote

don_johnson wrote:C'est moi? Xvart is my neighbor btw. So im a wee bit shocked by the accusation.

I don't like this one bit. It reads of "I'm getting a little suspicion, so I'm going to claim to try to get into the 'obvtown' chair".

xvart wrote:It is true. We are neighbors. I've been racking my brain for the life of me about our moderator and his opinions on neighbors since we were in a game together a while back and there were two town neighbors but
Humble didn't say anything definitive about neighbors and alignments other than alignments are unknown
. don did not talk in the neighbor QT at all pre game.

The bolded just makes dons claim worse. He conveniently forgot to mention that he doesn't know his neighbors alignment, which would be an important aspect of a claim, unless you are claiming solely for the sake of trying to make yourself obvtown.

Vote: don_johnson

Total 180. Almost right after he said:

Zodiark13 wrote:Hammering a claimed OSV less than a week since the start of the day
just because the claimed OSV is a VI
= scum

Hammering a claimed OSV less than a week since the start of the day
just because the claimed OSV is a VI
, and the claimed OSV flips OSV = if your not scum, I need to relearn how to scumhunt.

He says:

Zodiark wrote:Celeblokis refusal should make him jump up in scumminess, but for some reason it just gives of a town vibe. And honestly,
hammering a VI is hardly a massive scumtell.

So before it was "If you're not scum; I need to relearn how to scumhunt." but now it's "Oh, it isn't a massive scumtell." Oh, and look who you're voting for:

Zodiark13 wrote:
Vote: don_johnson

Only the number one wagon at the moment. And he mainly sheeps his reasons to boot. But wait:

Zodiark13 wrote:So, I'm being suspected for not liking yesterdays hammer, then, finding the non-defense townish, moving onto my next scum read? Right.

bob has said 'Go look at Zodiark', then since then has harassed everyone for their opinion on me and deselby, without even posting a case, apart from the aforementioned "Look at him" and , against deselby, saying "I don't like how deselby is reacting to my CooLskins vote" and "You've outed yourself as scum lolololol". Yet, despite these "cases", you decided to pointlessly wagon Hrezs when the wagon against him hit full steam. Seriously, your last post is the closest you have come to providing any reason for voting, and its not even a reason.

UNVOTE
Vote: bobsnox

We're now voting for the next major wagon. So after saying in no uncertain terms that celi was scum, Zodiark unvotes him and vote for the biggest wagon. Then
in his very next post
he unvotes
again
and votes for the new biggest wagon. To paraphrase: "If Zodiark isn't scum, then I need to relearn how to scumhunt."

ARG!!! This theme makes my eyes bleed!
The epic hydra combination that never should have happened.
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:58 am

Post by bobsnox »

You rock
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:58 pm

Post by xvart »

CooLskins, 316 wrote:I think it's mainly a consequence of CooLDoG tunneling onto Don for some time, and then me coming in with fresh eyes and seeing that Don being scum just doesn't make sense.

Your combined views on don isn't what concerns me. It's the flip flop on Zodiark at a time when there was a decent amount of pressure.

CooLskins, 321 wrote:
xvart wrote:
bobsnox wrote:Not sure what to think of Bub's post. I like the conclusion but I'm wary of the possibility that Bub was saving the hydra's hide.

I agree with this. I absolutely hate when hydra's contradict themselves in the game. Generally it's not too bad, but something like this, given the context of how it developed is highly suspicious. And sorry about the miscredit :roll:

Is it any worse then what zodiark did by flip flopping? I still have a scum read on Don though. I just can't see don being town at the moment. I will hoewever, trust Bub's judgment.

Comparing scummy behavior with other scummy players? The old "look at my left hand while I steal your wallet with my right hand" trick?

Zodiark13, 323 wrote:
xvart wrote:Celebloki has a good catch. Given the context of and his voting pattern around this time makes this is a solid case and wagon. I'll keep my vote on Parama until Zodiark has a chance to respond but I don't see anything that could really convince me otherwise.

If that is your intention, then why even wait? I'm at L-3, so theres no concern about scum quickhammering. This is just bad, saying "I find him scummy, but I'm not going to vote for him."

Because I'm not concerned either way. The fact that you didn't even address the point about the contradiction (and your reasoning is terrigut). You voted Celeboki on the basis that hammering a VI OSV was a scumtell (and even went as far to say if the OSV flips OSV then you need to relearn how to scumhunt if the hammerer is town). That's a pretty definitive scumtell. Then, two posts later you said oh hammering a VI isn't a scumtell at all (with the justification that "Celeblokis refusal should make him jump up in scumminess, but for some reason it just gives of a town vibe."). When everything you have said indicates that Celebloki is scum and should be scum based on his responses, but for some reason you get a gut town read and unvote. Looks like the gut town read excuse for not having a good reason.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Celebloki
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Post by Antihero »

Zodiark13 wrote:bob, by purposely not bringing forth the content of the case, but rather quoting post numbers, you have not only made the case difficult to defend, but you have also created an avenue for your scumbuddies to mindlessly jump onto the wagon, with nothing more than "Okay, I see where you are going with this", which Antihero did. Then he pretended to understand by offering to provide the reasons, then lying in wait until someone else did, then pop up and say "Awwww, they beat me to it", which Antihero did.

Oh, more of the condescending asshole routine? I can play along with that.

1st off, I'm not on your wagon. Factchecking 101 would do you some good. (Waiting for the douchebaggish argument "OMG, you don't have your vote on me, but your calling me scumz!") Also, you honestly don't think I saw what everyone else saw in your two posts? It doesn't take a Sherlock Holmes for it to jump out at you. I think the only person who didn't notice it is Hrezs and he's not even reading the thread.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:40 pm

Post by bobsnox »

how is Zodiark not dead yet?
Hrezs
Hrezs
Goon
Hrezs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:01 pm

Post by Hrezs »

I don't see zodiark being that careless as scum. I read it as him not having his head in the game and trying to get his feet wet as town.

bob continues to be ridiculously scummy though
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:37 am

Post by bobsnox »

lol no not really. now you're just making excuses for him instead of looking at facts.

What does "trying to get his feet wet" refer to anyway? That usually implies someone is new. But if he's new, then how do you have a meta on him?
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:50 am

Post by don_johnson »

unvote, vote hrez
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:09 am

Post by bobsnox »

Why not zodiark?
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:45 am

Post by xvart »

xvart, 311 wrote:
don_johnson, 254 wrote:when i received my pm i opened it, saw i was neighbors with xvart and then went to click on the link to the qt. as i scrolled over it, i notice it said it was a link to the scum qt. i immediately pm'd the mod to say "hey, am i scum? or if not, do you realize you sent me a link to the wrong qt.(paraphrased)" mod pm'd me back and said, "no, you are town and the qt is not a mistake, i just forgot to change the label." so i clicked on the link and day had already started. i ask if yours had the same mistake and you say no. but i'm not going to pm hunt you as i think its a bad idea, and if you are town it could end up in two mislynches. you seem to be looking at events objectively.

This is just really strange. Are people able to change the title's of QTs? My browser doesn't even show anything except the link when I hover over it.
How would this prove my alignment if I said yes or no?
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:24 am

Post by don_johnson »

Bob: hresz is going out of his way to distance himself from the wagon. I see only two reasons for him to do so. 1 he is scum and knows zod is town. 2 he is scum with zod and is planning on using the "why would I have defended my buddy so obviously?" Defense. Either way I see no town motivation for his actions.

Xvart: I am not going to pm hunt you. Exploring this issue further could lead to rampant speculation and the fallacy that "one of the neighbors must be scum" which, if you are town, will lead to two easy mislynches. I suggest we move forward with traditional scum hunting. If there is anything else in my response that you are unsatisfied with, please let me know.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Humble Poirot
Humble Poirot
Goon
Humble Poirot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:27 am

Post by Humble Poirot »

* Celebloki and Parama have been prodded.

Votecount soon

-HP
If you are to be Hercule Poirot, you must think of everything.
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:29 am

Post by bobsnox »

Don - I like that.

UNVOTE: Zodiark

VOTE: Hrezs
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:30 am

Post by bobsnox »

MOD: VC please?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:08 am

Post by Parama »

Holy crap if I'd known that not posting could cause a wagon to form on my top scumspect I would've never bothered to build cases :roll:
To be honest I do have a lot to catch up on but I'll do that after 4th of july weekend thanks.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Humble Poirot
Humble Poirot
Goon
Humble Poirot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:34 am

Post by Humble Poirot »

Those in danger of being exposed #10:

Hrezs (3)
- Parama, don_johnson, bobsnox,
Zodiark13 (2)
- Celebloki, CooLskins,
Celebloki (2)
- Antihero, xvart,
bobsnox (4)
- deselby, Haschel Cedricson, Hrezs, Zodiark13,

With 11 Alive it takes 6 to lynch.

V/LAs (I think):

Haschel Cedricson: 1/7-3/7
don_johnson: 1/7-3/7
If you are to be Hercule Poirot, you must think of everything.
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:39 am

Post by bobsnox »

lol I have two scum on my wagon
CooLskins
CooLskins
Goon
CooLskins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:43 am

Post by CooLskins »

Holy shit. That is too wierd. My eyes. Well if he can deal with it so can I...

I still think don is scum. Period. I will however trust Bub's judgment on this... He has been right before.

@xvart, Its not a flip flop. Its bub's view on zodiark. I personally have a null read on him atm.

I do not like hrez's last post. Specifically the part about, "Bob is still be ridiculously scummy yet I have absolutely no case on him what so ever but I want to post this anyway so I look like I have reads"
CooLskins
CooLskins
Goon
CooLskins
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:44 am

Post by CooLskins »

~CooLDoG
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:22 pm

Post by Celebloki »

Mod: V/LA until Tuesday, July 5th. I should be posting again then.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by don_johnson »

I like how cooldog keeps saying "i think don is scum" but has completely failed to address any of dons recent posts.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:41 pm

Post by bobsnox »

I don't think CoolDog is paying a ton of attention at the moment but his slot is voting appropriately. Zodiark or Hrezs dies today. I will be interested to see which one of them votes for the other after pressure mounts.

These V/LAs suck but I understand it's a holiday weekend. It's just lame because we have great lynch candidates and only half of the people in the game are keeping up it seems.
Hrezs
Hrezs
Goon
Hrezs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:49 pm

Post by Hrezs »

don_johnson wrote:Bob: hresz is going out of his way to distance himself from the wagon. I see only two reasons for him to do so. 1 he is scum and knows zod is town. 2 he is scum with zod and is planning on using the "why would I have defended my buddy so obviously?" Defense. Either way I see no town motivation for his actions.

Or I'm town who thinks he's town?

I know, its a crazy idea to defend town reads, but you should try it sometime.
deselby
deselby
Goon
deselby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:01 am

Post by deselby »

don_johnson wrote:ok. recieved info back from mod. will explain in detail after xvart answers one question. mod said i could discuss the issue without quoting and that he would neither confirm nor deny anything.
so depending on the answer, i should be able to confirm xvart as town or scum regardless of todays outcome.

xvart: please look at your role pm carefully and tell me if there is anything "wrong" with it?

reread post incoming.

don, from earlier, can you explain how this question would confirm xvart either way.

Hrezs wrote:
don_johnson wrote:Bob: hresz is going out of his way to distance himself from the wagon. I see only two reasons for him to do so. 1 he is scum and knows zod is town. 2 he is scum with zod and is planning on using the "why would I have defended my buddy so obviously?" Defense. Either way I see no town motivation for his actions.

Or I'm town who thinks he's town?

I know, its a crazy idea to defend town reads, but you should try it sometime.

So you believe zodiark is town? It is one thing to think his contradiction is not voteworthy, but it seems to me a bit of a stretch to label him town at this point. Also, you said earlier:

Hrezs wrote:I don't understand the zodiark wagon. Nothing he's done has struck me as scum.
Not saying I read him as town
, but I don't see the case against him.

Which is it?
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:47 am

Post by bobsnox »

lol scumcaught. Zodiark is a town read because he _____? Hrezs doesn't see the selfcontradiction I guess. Or the blatant lashing out against the first person to suspect him. Or the blatant wagon hopping to be on the biggest one of the moment. etc etc

nope Zodiark is just obvtown and I'm obvscum for even suggesting differently. :roll:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”