Newbie 1116 -- Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
cymru96
cymru96
Goon
cymru96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:59 am

Post by cymru96 »

just pointing out that Tommie hasn't posted for 3days.

Out of interest, is there any way that there's gonna be another extention cause the game's suddenly dies again?
Record as townie- 0-0

Record as Scum- 2-0
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:20 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Your curiousity cements you as town in my opinion.

cymru, do you think I'm scum? hammer me then. Do you think Workdawg is scum? Then vote him and I'll prepare the hammer by asking for a claim (or if you want you can prepare the hammer). I'm afraid it might be too late for any other options.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:21 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

Wait nevermind I wasn't paying attention to who was voting who again.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:23 am

Post by Cobblerfone »

I guess I'm the only far out wagon. I guess it doesn't limit us to Workdawg then.
Tomie Uzumaki
Tomie Uzumaki
Goon
Tomie Uzumaki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:43 pm

Post by Tomie Uzumaki »

cymru96 wrote:just pointing out that Tommie hasn't posted for 3days.

Out of interest, is there any way that there's gonna be another extention cause the game's suddenly dies again?

I know. When I'm back later today, I'll look at the Cobbler case and I'll show why you and Workdawg are better lynches (Unless Clobber turned scummy very quickly)

Love,

To
m
ie~
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:49 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

cymru96 wrote:just pointing out that Tommie hasn't posted for 3days.

There will be no further extensions of Day One.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:53 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 1.20
(unchanged)

L-1 :right: Cobblerfone - 4 - Grimmjow, Workdawg, bigAl, VisceraEyes
Workdawg - 2 - The Fonz, cymru96
bigAl - 1 - Cobblerfone
cymru96 - 1 - Tomie Uzumaki
VisceraEyes - 1 - Zachrulez

Not Voting: ...

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline: July 5 -- (expired on 2011-07-05 11:00:00)

V/LA: ...
....what?

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:36 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Cobblerfone wrote:

My last defense would be: I'm not scum. I'm just an ordinary Townie. I have no idea why people think giving my opinion on what the power roles should do in a newbie game is scummy. I kind of forget why everyone thinks I'm scummy actually. The only reason that I could see as being okay is Fonz's "giving a stance without voting" which I don't think applied to the situation since I was waiting for people to respond and he isn't even voting me. (I think)

I'm not voting you, but I've got you and Workdawg in pretty close to a virtual tie. You're neglecting to include 'attacking people for things that aren't scummy' and 'flip-flopping between me and Workdawg based on whoever'd posted last.'
cymru96
cymru96
Goon
cymru96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:11 am

Post by cymru96 »

Cobblerfone wrote:cymru, do you think I'm scum? hammer me then. Do you think Workdawg is scum? Then vote him and I'll prepare the hammer by asking for a claim (or if you want you can prepare the hammer). I'm afraid it might be too late for any other options.

This seems like a very desperate plea to me, but I think it's a scum plea. By saying, hammer me, it looks like your trying to look town when it doesn't seem that way to me.

I won't vote
YET
because I want to hear more from tommie and possibly zach as to why he/they suspect me/wordawg/viscera.

Also- Zach has been lurking. I know he's in another newbie game but I've seen him online loads in the last few days and he's been ominously quiet since Viscera asked for reasoning behind his vote.
Record as townie- 0-0

Record as Scum- 2-0
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:15 am

Post by Zachrulez »

cymru96 wrote:
Cobblerfone wrote:cymru, do you think I'm scum? hammer me then. Do you think Workdawg is scum? Then vote him and I'll prepare the hammer by asking for a claim (or if you want you can prepare the hammer). I'm afraid it might be too late for any other options.

This seems like a very desperate plea to me, but I think it's a scum plea. By saying, hammer me, it looks like your trying to look town when it doesn't seem that way to me.

I won't vote
YET
because I want to hear more from tommie and possibly zach as to why he/they suspect me/wordawg/viscera.

Also- Zach has been lurking. I know he's in another newbie game but I've seen him online loads in the last few days and he's been ominously quiet since Viscera asked for reasoning behind his vote.

There hasn't really been a lot that's been happening. Mostly just playing chicken with the hammer.

I gave reasoning for my vote, as far as I can tell Viscera attacked it more than questioned it.

Meh...
Vote: Cobbler
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:20 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 1.21

Cobblerfone - 5 - Grimmjow, Workdawg, bigAl, VisceraEyes, Zachrulez

Workdawg - 2 - The Fonz, cymru96
bigAl - 1 - Cobblerfone
cymru96 - 1 - Tomie Uzumaki

Not Voting: ...

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline: July 5 -- (expired on 2011-07-05 11:00:00)

V/LA: ...
....what?

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:50 am

Post by Nobody Special »

After a long, looooooong, LOOOOOONG -- did I mention LONG? -- day, a decision was finally reached.

Meh.

Cobblerfone, Vanilla Townie,
has been lynched.

Night One begins now. Night actions, if any, are due before: (expired on 2011-07-07 14:00:00)

....what?

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:02 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

It was a peaceful summer night.

Except for that gunshot.

Tomie Uzumaki, Town Doctor,
has been shot Night One.

Day Two has begins now.

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline: July 29 (expired on 2011-07-29 14:00:00)
....what?

cymru96
cymru96
Goon
cymru96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:28 pm

Post by cymru96 »

ok so there's 5 town and 2 scum.

If another townie gets lynched today we are practically screwed so we need to think it through VERY carefully.

It may look suspicious that Tommie suspected me and now he's dead but I think that someone who has been in the game from around the beginning has seen my posts and thinks that he can get rid of me after my slip-up and my tirade against JJ.

Someone like wordawg or VisceraEyes...
Vote: VisceraEyes
Record as townie- 0-0

Record as Scum- 2-0
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:33 am

Post by The Fonz »

*sigh*

You'd think there'd be a limit on the number of 'Scummy or horrifically newbish' things one player can do in a game. There, you've just stated the obvious, pleaded your innocence before anyone even had the chance to accuse you, pointed at the finger at two players other people were suspicious of yesterday, and voted one of them with a complete non-sequitur of an OMGUS vote (
someone
is trying to frame me, therefore VOTE: Viscera).

Workdawg looks pretty bad. The other player this raises my suspicion of is BigAl. Neither the IC nor the most experienced player died last night. That alone suggests a higher likelihood Al or I is scum, and it ain't me. Still got Zach as town. I'll have to go back and see if Tomie dropped any breadcrumbs.
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:50 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

Oh great, the doctor.

@Fonz
I'm gonna look for breadcrumbs too, also she might have said something that made her a target too. I'm gonna start with an ISO of her posts. From the effort she was putting into her posts, I had her pegged for VT, but clearly I was mistaken. At least I wasn't wrong about my read on her alignment. -.-

I'm more disheartened by the loss of Cobbler. In spite of how scummy he appeared toward the very end of the day, he was posting in a pretty townie fashion before then, in my opinion. It was his defense that aroused my suspicion and subsequent vote. Blast it all, deadlines!! AAARRGGHHH!! Even with three weeks, the last few days before a deadline turns up the heat to unbearable levels.

Okay, people I'd like to hear from early on today:
cymru96 - check!
Workdawg - pending
Zachrulez - pending

Zachrulez suspected me above everyone else yesterday, yet he was the deciding vote against Cobbler. I can understand hammering to avoid no-lynch, but he had most of a day still to try and convince people of my guilt...yet he hammered Cobbler. Incidentally, I don't recall him saying he was suspicious of Cobbler. That being said, I'd like to hear HIS explanation, not my own ignorant speculation.

Workdawg and cymru96 I want to hear from based on the fact that they (along with me) were Tomies TOP suspects...and she's had some pretty quality posts if you can sort through how she formatted them (honestly, I've never had to tab-switch more in my LIFE than when reading her posts -.-).

I know MY alignment. I do NOT know theirs.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes
Cataracts close the blinds
Let me let comfort come drown by your side.

As Town: 4-4
As Mafia: 5-0
Total Games Completed: 13

Nerd National
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:57 am

Post by Workdawg »

Well, that's interesting.

I agree with The Fonz that it's pretty suspicious that neither he nor bigAl got NKd last night. Unfortunately I don't really get a scum read on either of them.

When I read the hammer vote I was really surprised as well. Zach seems to come out of nowhere and lays it down with a whole day (?) left. Suspicious indeed.

@cym
- This game isn't 'everyone against cym'. Why do you stretch everything that happens in to some kind of attack against you? Tomie's last post was about how you OR I would have been a better lynch than Cobbler. Considering that I was the other wagon, don't you think trying to frame me would make more sense?

That said, there's really very little point in discussing why anyone get's NKd because there is no way to know the scum's motivation, it's all WIFOM. They could have lynched someone who was on to them, they could be trying to frame someone else, or they could have thrown a dart at a list of players and chosen one at random to throw us off.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:58 am

Post by Zachrulez »

V/LA from July 10th to the 17th. I will have some access, but I will be on vacation in another state and mafia won't be a priority.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:04 am

Post by The Fonz »

Actually, that's not quite right. If you pay no attention at all to NKs, it's easy for the scum to just kill whoever suspects them.

VisceraEyes: Have you heard of a term called 'congratulating the doc?'
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:08 am

Post by Zachrulez »

VisceraEyes wrote:

Zachrulez suspected me above everyone else yesterday, yet he was the deciding vote against Cobbler. I can understand hammering to avoid no-lynch, but he had most of a day still to try and convince people of my guilt...yet he hammered Cobbler. Incidentally, I don't recall him saying he was suspicious of Cobbler. That being said, I'd like to hear HIS explanation, not my own ignorant speculation.

He wasn't particularly suspicious to me, but his lynch was clearly inevitable at that point and someone had to hammer.

Vote: ViceraEyes

Still my top suspect.
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:31 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

Workdawg - check!

@Workdawg
I notice you conveniently left 'sniping Power Roles' off your list of possible scum motivations, which seeing as how a power-role was killed last night, I'm highly suspicious that you neglected to mention it. Currently I'm doing an ISO of Tomie...and I'm going to DOUBLE my search for breadcrumbs. I agree with Fonz...you're not looking too good right now sir. <3

Incidentally, if anyone disagrees with my findings, PLEASE voice your concerns. Admittedly, I'm grasping here because we're in a pretty bad position minus 2 townies, one being the doc.

@cymru96
Oh boy, some more cymru96 OMGUS. I'm through telling you to post better. In fact, I'm perfectly content with the quality of your posts if I'M your number one suspect right now. Please, by all means, vote for me before ANYONE has a chance to say ANYTHING. I'm not even going to dignify it with a response...you know, aside from this one. :P

@Town
To everyone else, I encourage you to reread d1 and look at everything Tomie and Cobbler said from the perspective that they're absolutely trustworthy. I don't know if they were right in their reads, but at least their intentions are now clear.

Preview Edit:

Welcome back Zach! And bye too, I guess. :( Surprise surprise, you vote for me again now that the dirty work is done. Splendid. For the record, I don't think anyone was 'playing chicken with the hammer' as you put it...I think everyone just wanted to get the most information they could out of the day...something you clearly weren't interested in doing. Remember me telling you about that scum-trap? It may very well have worked better than I thought your meddling had rendered possible. ;) Still, you have a few valid points on me, and your posts ring town to me, so as you (and apparently the MOD :P) would put it...meh.

@TheFonz
Um...no, haven't heard that one. I'm sure a quick glance of the wiki could answer my question, which I can assure you I'm doing right now...but maybe you can enlighten anyone else who doesn't feel like looking it up?
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:34 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

Oh, and
Zachrulez - check!

Pretty disappointing, I'll admit. Still reading through Tomie's posts. Nothing yet.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:44 am

Post by The Fonz »

It's what you just did. Commenting on how good/bad the results of the night were for town. It's something newbie scum often do to try to look town. It's such a well-publicized tell that it's lost any value in ordinary games, but I have seen a few times where newbie scum who weren't aware of the existence of the tell were caught on it. I wanted to know if you knew it, rather than telling you, because that would tell me if it were a scum indicator on your part or not.
cymru96
cymru96
Goon
cymru96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:52 am

Post by cymru96 »

VisceraEyes post #890-
"I know my alignment, I do not know theirs."
I think that he's saying that because he obviously knows his alignment but also that he knows who the other scum is. How? BECAUSE HE'S SCUM.

The question is... who's his scumbuddy, Zach or Wordawg?

Anwers on a postcard.
Record as townie- 0-0

Record as Scum- 2-0
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:00 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I agree with Fonz that the kill indicates experienced scum.

That still doesn't mean VisceraEyes isn't scum though.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”