Twistedspoon 1 Captain Corporal,
Ironhead 0
Alduskkel 1 Mastin2,
Mastin2 0

V/LA's:

Not Voting: Alduskkel, TheWayItEnds,

Deadline is NOW 7/18/11 @ 9am.

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline is extended 48 hours due to the 4th of July and the overwhelming number of players V/LA because of it.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:22 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

leaning TWIE/Ald scumteam right now

It would make my day to hear more from the alex voters though
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:24 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

still liking soben town very much due to krew buddying. Krew has no motivation to buddy to a scumpartner so obviously

WormyKrew wrote:
@Scumhunter
Hi. I like you.

~Screwtape
Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:07 am

Post by Elsa von Spielburg »

Oh Jesus, the walls. Walls everywhere.

Hullo, twistedspoon, I am at the family's place for the holiday weekend and currently sleep deprived, so long posts from me are out. I'm slowly coming around on alex based on his current content and posting quality. Self-awareness is usually a very good town-indicator in my book and he's been showing it in spades.

And the more TWIE does not post, the more wary of him I become. Still, the fact that alex, Soben, and Brokenscraps('s replacement) are all on board (based on the wagons yesterday) will always give me pause. As such, I'm not convinced of TWIE-scum just yet, but I'm now considering the viability of the wagon.

Aside from that, who's interested in lynching lurking scum?

Unvote; Vote: Captain Corporal

I like how he abandoned my "wagon" when he made no case against me today AND didn't wasn't even voting for me today. 'F' for Effort, pal.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:27 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Ald

I'm flip-flopping my vote here, but TWIE might just be town due to the krew counter-wagon argument

I want to hear from both ald and TWIE anyways, and this quote I found in the ald ISO makes me feel better about aldscum

Alduskkel wrote:
WormyKrew wagon is BS with basically no decent reasoning from anyone except DarthYoshi. I'd say that everyone but DY has to explain their reasoning in their next post.

~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:27 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

first line is meant to read

VOTE: ald

~Screwtape
jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:47 pm

Post by jilynne1991 »

CC still looks good to me. I still hate him, and I'd love him dead, but I think he's town.

Elsa...seems to be looking for scum where there isn't scum...and she knows it. Elsa, you just put yourself on the top of my scumlist.
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Lost thirteen games as town.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:21 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Been thinking about this for the past day or so...I wondered on D1 if my inability to get much support for an Ald lynch was either because I was out of the loop and EVERYONE else thought he was town or because his scumbuddies just ignored my attempts to wagon him. Or both, I guess.

However, with a change in personnel for the game, Ald is getting more attention as of late, so increasing that pressure seems in order to see, if he is scum, if we can find them based on their reactions to this pressure. Ald has two votes on him for, I think, the first time all game, and since really, he and TWIE have simply been trading the #1 and 2 spots at the end of D1 as well as currently, I'm happy to make it three.

(Also, as an aside, having thought on it some more, I'm beginning to think his "I don't care what you think of me" line to me and Mastin was bravado and little more. Town wouldn't put it that way, I think.)

Unvote. Vote: Alduskkel.

@Jily: That minimal contribution from you isn't cutting it, especially from what I can see in the queues that you are /inning into new games. Not cool. At all.

Elsa's recent CC vote is...I dunno what to make of it. It feels forced, because I think the game is flowing in a different direction, and that this would be in response to my dinging her for hopping onto the Alex wagon when Alex wasn't her #1. She shouldn't be today's lynch--that should be Ald or TWIE, I think--but I'm still not entirely convinced yet she's town.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:23 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Also,

Limited access for the next ten days--til about July 14. I should still be able to post fairly regularly, but the content level may drop off some. If it becomes an issue, I'll ask to replace out, but I don't anticipate it being that bad.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:23 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

DarthYoshi wrote: She shouldn't be today's lynch--that should be Ald or TWIE, I think--but I'm still not entirely convinced yet she's town.

I hear you

she's suspect but unlynchable until i see why krew would put her up for vig'ing

~Screwtape
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:59 am

Post by mastin2 »

Also, should go without saying, but slight V/LA for Marathon Day. (My last game was last night, losing to a Doctor-sk. Olympus, for those interested in digging a game 12 hours old up. The description of "Great Game" is quite accurate.)
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:43 am

Post by wierdalexv »

@Mastin, your argument is invalid.

Let's say this is an open game.

2 Mafia Goons
1 Serial Killer
10 VTs

You lynched a Goon and the Serial Killer D1 & D2.

Does this mean that you can call the D3 wagon confirmed town at L-1 because perfect victories so rare? Didn't think so. Just because something is rare doesn't mean it's impossible.
~~~~~~~~~~
Anyways, DarthYoshi and Twistedspoon look town from that townslip, being it's so unconfirmable and scum could just brush it of, especially since I did (although this doesn't apply to anybody who says that after this post).
~~~~~~~~~~
@DarthYoshi: My point on Alduskkel being hypocritical depends on the reasoning for why WK was being avoided. I personally didn't get the WK case and was too busy defending myself (which is kind of embarrasing, I'm not too happy with my play this game).

Elsa von Spielburg wrote:Aside from that, who's interested in lynching lurking scum?

I like how he abandoned my "wagon" when he made no case against me today AND didn't wasn't even voting for me today. 'F' for Effort, pal.
Based on how Mastin JUST said that people should switch to bigger wagons, I don't see why scum would blatantly ignore that.
~~~~~~~~~
Jily, that doesn't cut it. I asked you a question that will help me and the rest of the town determine your alignment, so it will be appreciated if you can answer it.
~~~~~~~~~
Here are my reads to this point:

TOWN

DarthYoshi (I've explained this in this post and one of my recent posts.)
Soben (Obvious)
Elsa von Spielburg (Already explained)
Twistedspoon (Explained in this post)
Captain Corporal (Tone in arguments, little bit of gut)

NULL

Mastin (really the only person I'm having a hard time getting a read on)

SCUM

TheWayItEnds (Explained)
Ironhead (Explained)
Alduskkel (Explained)

Now excuse me, I want to play some marathon games.
I'm back, sort of. Not a lot of free time to play, but I'm planning to be modding some mish mash and stuff this winter.

Eragon Mafia, a 17-Player Large Theme, will be coming to the large theme queue soon(ish) if all goes well. If you're interested, PM me to pre-in.
Ironhead
Ironhead
Goon
Ironhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by Ironhead »

DarthYoshi wrote:@Ironhead: What do you specificially think about the potential townslip from Alex that TS points out?

I reject the idea of a "townslip." A scum slip is different; the player wants to appear town and he slips and reveals that he is scum. But with a townie, he is already acting town -- what "slip" could he possibly give that confirms this? To me, either the player's behavior is consistently town or he is a scum suspect to some degree. I don't buy into the idea of a single slip that suddenly confirms someone as town.

In the case of wierdalexv's particular alleged "townslip," I see nothing that couldn't easily and predictably be feigned by a scum. I award wierdalexv no town-points for his comment.

mastin2 wrote:You're forgetting. There were five names involved in the counterwagon.
One was WormyKrew.
One was SecretProject.
The other three?

Alex, Iron, and yourself.

I didn't consider WormyKrew a part of the "counterwagon." It seemed to me that he hopped on TWIE's wagon by default; TWIE was the next largest wagon and his justification was ending the day early.

It seemed to me that WK's participation in the TWIE wagon was after Soben and others had expended a lot of time and words discussing his perceived scumminess. If WK was looking for a counterwagon, he had other opportunities to push it. Furthermore, WK's ultimate demise was rather sudden and relatively unexpected; momentum was building on TWIE and he appeared to be heading for a lynch, and then very quickly the momentum shifted to WK. The timing and justification of WK's vote on TWIE do not appear to me to be a counterwagon.

mastin2 wrote:Doubly wrong. It's not appealing to the majority. It's pointing out how multiple people believe it to be so, and therefore, it has a LOT of support. (Did I mention I've had scum use this exact fallacy against me recently? I was right--they were scum, and their 'fallacy' proved to be quite false.) AT LEAST four players have gotten behind the Yoshi/Ald containing one scum. Yourself included, with the scum between you being Ald, obviously.

Unless your argument was "it has a LOT of support," then it does appear to be an Appeal to Majority. My interpretation of your posting was that your argument was "Ald and Yoshi contain one scum" and your proof was "believed by multiple players." This is a fallacious Appeal to Majority.

As noted above, I believe wierdalexv's "townslip" to be null. I am mildly enthusiastic about lynching him, but I am also amenable to lynching Alduskkel, TWIE, or jilynne1991. I don't yet think mastin2 is scum based on his current posting; although he seems to me to be wildly off-target, he is clearly very passionate and that sort of investment appears townish. I also note that he took a stand in defending me early on D1 and I know that he was correct in his assessment of me. But he is treading a fine line and I reserve the right to change my mind.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:49 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Alex, if you are town, you are doing everything in your power to convince me otherwise.

wierdalexv wrote:
~~~~~~~~~~
Anyways, DarthYoshi and Twistedspoon look town from that townslip, being it's so unconfirmable and scum could just brush it of, especially since I did (although this doesn't apply to anybody who says that after this post).

Wait, whut? We look town from thinking you might be town? :igmeou:

~~~~~~~~~~
Alex wrote:@DarthYoshi: My point on Alduskkel being hypocritical depends on the reasoning for why WK was being avoided. I personally didn't get the WK case and was too busy defending myself (which is kind of embarrasing, I'm not too happy with my play this game).

Not good enough.

Alex wrote:
Elsa von Spielburg wrote:Aside from that, who's interested in lynching lurking scum?

Based on how Mastin JUST said that people should switch to bigger wagons, I don't see why scum would blatantly ignore that.

I can see why. It's called parking your vote on a player you know won't be lynched that day. Great scum survival tactic, I've used it myself.
wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:30 am

Post by wierdalexv »

Yes, it's extremely easy to brush off and I as scum would do exactly that.
~~~~~~~~
Well, that's all I can give you.
~~~~~~~~
This is exactly why scum wouldn't do it. He JUST said it, so somebody doing it right afterward would be called out for sure, and scum don't want that.
I'm back, sort of. Not a lot of free time to play, but I'm planning to be modding some mish mash and stuff this winter.

Eragon Mafia, a 17-Player Large Theme, will be coming to the large theme queue soon(ish) if all goes well. If you're interested, PM me to pre-in.
wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:18 am

Post by wierdalexv »

JILYNNE, I SEE YOU POSTING IN ANOTHER GAME.

wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:51 am

Post by wierdalexv »

Oh hey, look, Jily never posted.

Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:59 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Jily is suspect

~Screwtape
wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:11 am

Post by wierdalexv »

Yes, Jily is suspect.

First, the "I have an extremely boring role." - Ummm....no. You're a PR. Be happy about that, it's something I haven't been yet.
Next, the "What's a QT" - You already did this in a scum game.
Combined with the lurking AND active lurking, and acting like a newbie when Soben showed that QT where you say you would act like a newbie to manipulate...yeah. Jily is suspect. I know I had a townread on her, but I think I was just cutting a newbie a little too much slack.

Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:24 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

If Jily wins this as scum then I'd never be able to forgive myself

~Screwtape
Elsa von Spielburg
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Elsa von Spielburg
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:16 am

Post by Elsa von Spielburg »

Unvote

Did a quick meta on CC, and it is literally nothing but 1-3 line posts from him from now til the end of time. What was one of my biggest scum-reads on him was just his playstyle. Meh, he ain't exactly helping the town right now, anyways.

Gotta admit, while I admire the dedication, the walls are pretty hard to slog through. I am considering the town-tells that have been brought up in favor of alex and Soben, despite my reads on them, and find them both to be legit points. Hoo-boy, time to look into the TWIE/Ald arguments, then.
wierdalexv
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
wierdalexv
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:20 am

Post by wierdalexv »

/waits for discussion

Yeah, Marathon is affecting my brain/playstyle.

Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:42 am

Post by Substrike22 »

Current Votecount: Post 1100
7/5/11 3:36 pm PST
D 2.4

wierdalexv 2 jilynne1991, Ironhead,
Soben 0
Elsa von Spielburg 0
Captain Corporal 0
jilynne1991 0
TheWayItEnds 2 Soben, Wiredalexv,
DarthYoshi 0
Twistedspoon 1 Captain Corporal,
Ironhead 0
Alduskkel 3 (L-3) Mastin2, Twistedspoon, Darth Yoshi,

Mastin2 0

V/LA's:
Yoshi (Limited Access) through July 14th
Alduskkel through July 5th.

Not Voting: Alduskkel, TheWayItEnds, Elsa Von Spielburg,

Deadline is 7/16/11 @ 9am.

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Prodding TWIE, and Captain Corporal.
Captain Corporal
Captain Corporal
Goon
Captain Corporal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:32 pm

Post by Captain Corporal »

Oops. My bad.

Elsa, you say I was lurking (yes, I was). But you were lurking a lot of yesterday, and you said lurking is your scum playstyle.

Re-reading soon.
 ̄\_(ッ)_/ ̄
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:30 pm

Post by DarthYoshi »

jilynne1991 wrote:Sorry! My dad took my computer away, since he's cruel and unfair, but I'll have it back in a week. LOL...I don't like being a PR. Also, I only had one shot. I want multi-shot day vig. :) Anyways, what I meant was I like playing as mafia more than anything else.

I am calling bullshit on this. You just replaced into three games in the past few days since this was written (@everyone else, check the replacement queue if you dont believe me) Additionally, if you dont like being a PR, then you apparently got your wish, since your kill, if you actually had one, didnt go through and according to the mod you would then have to be a vanilla townie then if you really were one shot. Instead, your play and activity level has only decreased.

If you are in fact town, i am adding you to my modding blacklist. Functionally flaking on a game while joining a bunch of others is a really lousy thing to do here.
Major FoS at jily.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”