izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:20 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

What chainsaw defence? I can't see a chainsaw defence.

jilynne, what you suggested is kind of obvious. Everyone is expected to make it known who they think is scum. But nonetheless, I'll answer. I think DonJosh is leaning scum, but the best lynch due to the information gained. Because we are lynching to get information as well as to catch scum, your idea is sort of rubbish.

And I think you were referring to DonJosh there?
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:22 am

Post by glowball »

"a player who defends another player by attacking the other player's attacker is very probably scum".--Tarhalindur's Standard Tells: Chainsaw Defense

I think Apok was referring to the fact that I go after Sathoris- you go back at me. Although, I do find you scummy-that isn't why and that chainsaw defense is weak IMO....unless she's talking about something else that I am completely missing.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yeah, I know what it is, I just wasn't sure what she was referring to.

But I'm not really going at you... I don't read you as town, but you're not my biggest scum read either.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Uncle Pain
Uncle Pain
Goon
Uncle Pain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:36 pm

Post by Uncle Pain »

Back from my weekend – less alcohol than expected, less sleep than expected, kind of evens out. :)

Ok jilynne1991, now please answer this question: are you scum? If so, then please lean back and relax, everything will work out soon, so need to further comment this. But if you are not, how come that you don’t even
try
to participate? Fluffy posts, dodgy statements, contribution minimal. Tell me straight how you intend to help town this way.

Today is DonJosh’s return from V/LA…
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:41 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

If jilynne is town, she will top the list of players-I-really-don't-want-to-be-teamed-with.

@glow/Apok:

Tarhalindur Standard Tells wrote:...the Chainsaw Defense is only trustworthy once the player defended has been revealed to be group scum (once the player defended is proved to be Mafia, any player that used Chainsaw Defense on the dead scum should be scrutinized). Otherwise, it is a null tell.

Sath (obviously) isn't confirmed scum, making this supposed chainsaw defense even weaker.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:43 pm

Post by glowball »

izakthegoomba wrote:If jilynne is town, she will top the list of players-I-really-don't-want-to-be-teamed-with.

@glow/Apok:

Tarhalindur Standard Tells wrote:...the Chainsaw Defense is only trustworthy once the player defended has been revealed to be group scum (once the player defended is proved to be Mafia, any player that used Chainsaw Defense on the dead scum should be scrutinized). Otherwise, it is a null tell.

Sath (obviously) isn't confirmed scum, making this supposed chainsaw defense even weaker.

I agree. Although, it does depend on how Apok sees "chainsaw" and their interpretation...that's just Tarhalindur's opinion that
I
quoted for you as a reference...
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:50 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yeah I know you linked it, I was just drawing everyone's attention to that particular bit. Of course it's just his opinion but as you say,
you
quoted it.
Apokalyptika
Apokalyptika
Goon
Apokalyptika
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:08 pm

Post by Apokalyptika »

I personally don't use "chainsaw defense" to necessarily mean defense of scum. As a matter of fact, I think I've only personally experienced scum defending town. And yes, combined with izak's jumpiness, I find it a valuable point to keep in mind.
Witness the man who raves at the wall
Uncle Pain
Uncle Pain
Goon
Uncle Pain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:40 am

Post by Uncle Pain »

Scum tells fluctuate anyway: someone releases a list of tells that worked in his/her past games, then town players will pick them up and use them, in the meantime scum players will begin to evade the behaviour leading to these tells and thus nullify the scum tells altogether. It’s the same for said chainsaw defence. I’ve seen all kinds of players defending each other, townies defending scum, scum defending townies,… it’s just not a reliable tell at all.
My bottom line: don’t rely on a list of scum tells, make up your own mind by reading and thinking.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:43 am

Post by IceGuy »

Since we have an almost universally agreed upon lynch at L-1, a strategy for the Night and everything that is going on in this thread is back-and-forth without any new insights...

...can somebody finally hammer?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:54 am

Post by Empking »

IceGuy wrote:Since we have an almost universally agreed upon lynch at L-1, a strategy for the Night and everything that is going on in this thread is back-and-forth without any new insights...

This is good town posting.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Uncle Pain
Uncle Pain
Goon
Uncle Pain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:05 am

Post by Uncle Pain »

IceGuy wrote:Since we have an almost universally agreed upon lynch at L-1, a strategy for the Night and everything that is going on in this thread is back-and-forth without any new insights...

I’d like to hear something from DonJosh first. Obviously he won’t like the plan but I’d like to know his thoughts nonetheless.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:15 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yeah, let's let Don get a word or two in. I'm pretty certain we're going to lynch him anyway, but his word could prove valuable.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:15 am

Post by RayFrost »

Prodding popsofctown.
don't you feel silly now?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:17 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

God, the last thing we need is someone flaking now.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:33 am

Post by popsofctown »

I posted on Friday. Now it's monday. Lots of people skip weekends, I like to. I wanted to skip today but it'd be the third so I thought I'd post.

DonJosh however is a flake. He hasn't posted in five days, and this is reminiscent of the last game I played with him in it, he flaked.

Someone just hammer let's get on with life.

aside:

glowball wrote:soooooooo....

I guess we've chosen awkward pause. I would have gone with touch my glittery ball, or even the mouth organ but this is cool too.

This sounds like some perverted metaphor I'm not old enough to understand. :neutral:

All of my prods are up to date: DonJosh was V/LA until Sunday.
Last edited by RayFrost on Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:38 am

Post by glowball »

popsofctown wrote:
glowball wrote:soooooooo....

I guess we've chosen awkward pause. I would have gone with touch my glittery ball, or even the mouth organ but this is cool too.

This sounds like some perverted metaphor I'm not old enough to understand. :neutral:

HAHAHAHAHAHA...it's from the t.v show Late Late Night with Craig Ferguson
Glittery Ball=disco ball
Mouth Organ= Harmonica
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:44 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

God, you had me worried for a moment there.

I say we give Don one day, then someone hammers.
Sathoris
Sathoris
Goon
Sathoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:30 pm

Post by Sathoris »

We're wasting time here. I've got nothing new to add. DonJ has nothing to add that will change anything. Hammer the poor guy please.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:37 pm

Post by glowball »

Sathoris wrote:We're wasting time here. I've got nothing new to add. DonJ has nothing to add that will change anything. Hammer the poor guy please.

It's not like this game has roll over- no time is being wasted, stop being so anxious.
Sathoris
Sathoris
Goon
Sathoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:44 pm

Post by Sathoris »

You can keep calling it anxiousness but that doesn't make it so. Shit I even unvoted to make sure we didn't lynch before night actions were in order. They are now, we know what to do. What are we waiting for?
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by glowball »

You are waiting for someone who wants to hammer??? It won't be me, because I never saw the point in the first place....I'd hammer Jily, Sathoris, Izak, hell even IceGuy at this point--but DonJosh I have to hear a response first.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:36 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

DonJosh's lynch is the most informative one. We established that ages ago.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:40 pm

Post by glowball »

izakthegoomba wrote:DonJosh's lynch is the most informative one.
We
established that ages ago.

That we doesn't include ME and I don't go along sheeping to others will, WHY?! Because scum are out there too and they could be behind this plan. Frankly, I am surprised how many people stand in line and do what they are told. Scumleaders or Scaredscum...ugh

I want to hear from DonJosh if you expect ME to hammer.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:49 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

glowball, if you have a plan that will give us more information than pops' one, I'm more than willing to hear it.

Return to “Completed Open Games”