Neon Genesis Evangelion Mafia (Game Over)

Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:41 am

Post by Kdub »

Day 1 - Vote Count #31

Amrun (0)
-
Kawaii (0)
-
GreyICE (0)
-
Antifinity (0)
-
Candle Jack (0)
-
populartajo (0)
-
Iecerint (0)
-
Nocmen (0)
-
Surye (0)
-
Celebloki (0)
-
malthusis (4)
- ZeL1nK, Surye, Celebloki, Nocmen
Starbuck (0)
-
ace5993 (0)
-
drewoftherushes (0)
-
ZeL1nK (0)
-
StevieT92 (1)
- drewoftherushes
GhostWriter (0)
-
SpyreX (0)
-
Kast (10)
- Lady Lambdadelta, GreyICE, Antifinity, Iecerint, GhostWriter, StevieT92, LobsterCatapult, populartajo, ace5993, SpyreX
vollkan (0)
-
Pomegranate (0)
-
LobsterCatapult (3)
- Amrun, Kast, Pomegranate
Lady Lambdadelta (0)
-
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (5)
- Kawaii, vollkan, Starbuck, malthusis, Candle Jack

23 votes available, 12 votes needed to lynch

Deadline is July 18, ~ 10 am PDT
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:04 pm

Post by StevieT92 »

GhostWriter wrote:Not everyone's American.

Not saying that, but certainly you can understand that this is the biggest holiday of the summer for a lot of us and a couple down days shouldn't be a big deal.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:30 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Of course I can, I'm American, which is the point. I assume you don't have the major holidays of other nations memorized, because I certainly don't. And I don't think anyone really said what was going on so that others would know why there are a lot of people not paying much attention to the game right now.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:55 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

ZeL1nK wrote:er, Kast went from 0 votes to 9 votes in 24 hours.

Basically, this alone makes me not like the wagon. Actually, scratch that; the fact that I didn't see Kast as
that
scummy in addition to the wagon blowing up overnight makes me not like it. And what
Iec
said about it being the end of the day, ergo townies being more willing to vote &c.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by Kdub »

Starbuck, Kawaii, Kast, LobsterCatapult, drewoftherushes, and ace5993 have been prodded.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:58 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Pomegranate wrote:

Basically, this alone makes me not like the wagon. Actually, scratch that; the fact that I didn't see Kast as
that
scummy in addition to the wagon blowing up overnight makes me not like it. And what
Iec
said about it being the end of the day, ergo townies being more willing to vote &c.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Interesting Pom. I've seen 3 wagons I'd call 'flash wagons' that shot out of nowhere so far. Two hit scum.

Obviously past results indicators future results yadda yadda yadda but would you say scum are more likely to be fast and loose with their vote, or conservative and play it safe?
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:44 pm

Post by vollkan »

GreyICE wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:

that
Iec

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Interesting Pom. I've seen 3 wagons I'd call 'flash wagons' that shot out of nowhere so far. Two hit scum.

Obviously past results indicators future results yadda yadda yadda but would you say scum are more likely to be fast and loose with their vote, or conservative and play it safe?

This is the sort of over-generalisation that underpins boilerplate scumtells. Many people play conservatively as scum. Many people will play more haphazardly and/or opportunistically. For some, opportunism vs conservatism will be alignment-independent.

Either way, there are good reasons, based if nothing else on the quality of reasoning, which make flash wagons generally a bad thing.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:27 am

Post by GreyICE »

vollkan wrote:This is the sort of over-generalisation that underpins boilerplate scumtells. Many people play conservatively as scum. Many people will play more haphazardly and/or opportunistically. For some, opportunism vs conservatism will be alignment-independent.

Either way, there are good reasons, based if nothing else on the quality of reasoning, which make flash wagons generally a bad thing.

I'm confused. Are you saying flash wagons always have poor reasoning, or that
this specific
wagon has poor reasoning? Certainly for someone who just accused me of over-generalizing saying every fast-moving wagon has poor reasoning is an over-generalization par excellence.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:30 am

Post by Iecerint »

I keep forgetting that it's still Tuesday morning where Kast is.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:16 am

Post by vollkan »

GreyICE wrote:
vollkan wrote:This is the sort of over-generalisation that underpins boilerplate scumtells. Many people play conservatively as scum. Many people will play more haphazardly and/or opportunistically. For some, opportunism vs conservatism will be alignment-independent.

I'm confused. Are you saying flash wagons always have poor reasoning, or that
this specific
wagon has poor reasoning? Certainly for someone who just accused me of over-generalizing saying every fast-moving wagon has poor reasoning is an over-generalization par excellence.

Neither. I am saying that flash wagons
generally
involve poorer reasoning than most wagons - since pretty much by definition they are a wagon where there is less deliberation than normal. Of course, a flash wagon might well spring up for very legitimate reasons (eg. somebody claiming scum), but I suspect such cases are a minority.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:46 am

Post by Starbuck »

I'm sorry y'all. First 4th of July back in the States since moving back from Italy and I picked up my car from Orlando on Friday, so I'm not car-less anymore!

Also mod, before I forget,
I will be V/LA from July 7th to July 13th
while I am in New Jersey for a wedding.

Acknowledged.
Last edited by Kdub on Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:06 am

Post by GreyICE »

vollkan wrote:Neither. I am saying that flash wagons
generally
involve poorer reasoning than most wagons - since pretty much by definition they are a wagon where there is less deliberation than normal. Of course, a flash wagon might well spring up for very legitimate reasons (eg. somebody claiming scum), but I suspect such cases are a minority.

So you would say that speed is inherently no reason to believe that a wagon is on town, simply that it is a reason to believe there hasn't been a long debate? Because I think you overlook something - debate does not need to occur in context of L-1

Saying that we haven't been discussing Kast's alignment is false. Plenty of people have been poking at it, the fact that votes are going where the mouths have been is good juju in my book.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:51 am

Post by Nocmen »

Keep in mind there was a smaller 3-4 vote wagon push on Kast at the start of the game. I feel that would help speed it faster, a couple people pushing on him would definitely be willing to join again when the votes started forming the wagon.
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:26 am

Post by Celebloki »

Hey all, back from V/LA. I just finished reading through an ISO of Kast and boy was that painful, almost every post is a wall attacking anyone that has mentioned his name. I think a lynch on him is good but I am not going to move my vote for now. I may consider moving it after we see what he was with a claim or his defense. I still think Malth is also a good lynch, especially after his non-defense to his "wagon" which only got to about 5 votes.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:29 am

Post by Surye »

Back from (unannounced, sorry) V/LA, catching up
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:49 am

Post by Kast »

Back from vacation and got a prod. I'll catch up and post again later.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:56 am

Post by populartajo »

CLAIMMMMMMMMMM
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:27 am

Post by Kast »

Also, I'll go ahead and claim now before I finish catching up.

I'm Ritsuko Akagi. I'm a member of NERV. From my PM it's clear there is a faction of Angels in this game (no mention of any other scum faction).
-I also know there are is more than one town Magi Supercomputer in the game (I'm guessing three from flavor, but it's not specified).
-I have a day use ability. If my target is a Magi Supercomputer, then I will upgrade my target. The upgrade gives my target a 1-Shot Bulletproof starting the night I use it and a 1-Shot Angel Day-Cop for the following day. A successful upgrade will inform result in my target getting a PM on the following morning with info that he has a 1-Shot Day Cop. I will not be told if I succeeded or not.

I have not submitted my target yet. Since my ability is demonstrable
IF
I target a Magi Supercomputer and since I'm pretty sure I'll get NKed by the Angels tonight, I'd prefer if at least one supercomputer will step forward so I can use my power.

If people want to lynch me anyway, and/or no supercomputers want to out themselves, then let me know and I'll submit my action with a best guess. Just keep in mind after my flip that the Magi Supercomputers are confirmed town (but watch for scum fake- or counter-claiming them).
Show

Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Kast »

EBWOP:
1-Shot Bulletproof starting the night
*after*
I use it
Show

Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:39 am

Post by Celebloki »

I'm inclined to believe this claim. It makes sense and is too detailed to be a fake claim imo. My vote stays on Malth.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:57 am

Post by Kast »

Mostly caught up.

Nothing really stood out.

GI wrote:I see town voting for a scumbag that everyone has had in the back of their minds as scummy, and hasn't really wanted to say anything because a few people have him as town, and he bites the head off anyone who criticizes him, insults and belittles them, AND GETS THE FUCK AWAY WITH IT.
GreyIce is obviously still sore over the last game he was booted for and is taking it out on me since I mentioned it here. If you have any valid points from this game, please share them. Also, if you have a problem with any of my posts, explain the problem rather than just saying it's scummy.

I think Vollkan asked about GreyICE's three points. The point about LLD having no reasons for her town-reads is correct. The point about LLD sheeping her scum reads from the people she declared town is correct. The point about discrediting LLD for it is nonesense and doesn't even fit with his other complaints.

Some wagon analysis-
Lady Lambdadelta- Generally less rational player anyway. She's obviously OMGUSing because I called her out. Doesn't say much about affiliation.
GreyICE- His initial attack on me was due to being a VI and thinking I was fishing without really thinking it through. Since I responded by mentioning a game he was extremely upset and hurt by, he decided to stop playing the game and take out his frustrations pushing after me. It's null.
Antifinity- Potential scum wagon vote. It's been discussed pretty reasonably.
Iecerint- Don't really understand Iec's move. This is one of the key votes.
GhostWriter- This is the second key vote on the wagon. Without Iec and GW, this wasn't moving anywhere.
StevieT92- Opportunistic vote from VI/N00b. Doesn't tell us anything and is consistent with Stevie's play elsewhere.
LobsterCatapult- Opportunistic vote from one of today's lynch candidates. Null.
populartajo- Tajo's been as rabidly tunnelled as GI and also for no apparent reason. It is surprising and uncharacteristic.
ace5993- Returning to his old vote. Doesn't add anything new to his read. His vote being for a lynch rather than for pressure to make me react is a slight change from his previous stance.
SpyreX- Going with the bloc despite your personal beliefs? Exactly the problem with a voting bloc.

CJ's dancing the line. Initial vote and posts definitely looked to be taking advantage of my V/LA along with GI. The hesitance looks like preparation to distancing from a mislynch. Not liking it at all.
Show

Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:58 am

Post by Candle Jack »

Unvote

As far as I'm concerned, Kast is now confirmed town. GreyICE: Unvote him in your next post or die.

Claim: Magi supercomputer

There are in fact three Magi supercomputers in the game (remember that mysterious number 3 I mentioned earlier?). We were already confirmed town, but thanks for reinforcing us. Our ability class should be fairly obvious.

At this point, D1 massclaim is an option that should be considered (Tar + confirmed town + alive at massclaim is generally extremely good for town).
You said my name?
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:58 am

Post by Candle Jack »

EBWOP: - Tar

>.<
You said my name?
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:27 am

Post by Kast »

Ok, I'm going to submit CJ as my upgrade target. Some thoughts:
-He should get a PM tomorrow morning informing him that he has a 1-Shot Day Cop.
-I'm pretty positive I'll be killed tonight as there's no way scum would let me keep enabling/protecting day cops. When I flip, keep in mind that the supercomputers are town.
--CJ is either telling the truth or ridiculously ballsy scum. I'm inclined to believe he's actually one of the supercomputers since it would be suicidal to false claim as part of a 3 member mason group.
--The "town bloc" is still a bad idea and overall anti-town. It's somewhat mitigated in the event most of the members blindly trusting each other are actually alignment confirmed.

Also, if there's a people doctor, consider protecting me tonight please.
Show

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:30 am

Post by Pomegranate »

GreyICE wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:

that
Iec

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'd say that some scum act conservatively, some are 'fast and loose'. It has more to do with each player's personal playstyle.

Also, 3 quick wagons is not a large sample size, by any stretch of the imagination.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”