Mini 1186: Repo! The Genetic Mafia - Game Over!

Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Yosarian2 wrote:It doesn't cost you anything to call BM's case on Incognito bad now, GC. It would have given you a lot more town credit if you'd said something about it yesterday. Can you explain why you didn't, if you think it was 'obviously a bad case"?
At no point have I commented on BM's argument against Incog. Every reference to BM's argument that I have made has been made in reference to his 9-hour siege-and-retreat, shifting-goalpost suspicion against you. Your entire post here is based on (yet another) misconstruction of my posts.

My whole case against you is the "obvious noise and sound to create fake hostility" BM made in your direction.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:07 pm

Post by Incognito »

Picking up prod - been busy with the holidays and ish.

I don't really see much to comment on from where I last left off. I don't at all see what Lain's talking about either, but I'm guessing she doesn't care at this point because for whatever reason she's already made up her mind on things when to me it looks like she barely even seems to be reading the thread.

Still not buying the case against Yos2. And I'm just really waiting for some input on the people who haven't really said shit all game.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:36 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Green Crayons wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:It doesn't cost you anything to call BM's case on Incognito bad now, GC. It would have given you a lot more town credit if you'd said something about it yesterday. Can you explain why you didn't, if you think it was 'obviously a bad case"?
At no point have I commented on BM's argument against Incog. Every reference to BM's argument that I have made has been made in reference to his 9-hour siege-and-retreat, shifting-goalpost suspicion against you. Your entire post here is based on (yet another) misconstruction of my posts.

My whole case against you is the "obvious noise and sound to create fake hostility" BM made in your direction.

"Yet another"? Seriously? You're still pissed at me calling you out on that stuff early day 1, huh?

Anyway, if that wasn't what you meant, then your post was even weaker. There wasn't "a lot of obvious noise" at all from BM; your idea to call that "distancing" is pretty absurdly thin. He attacked me briefly when I got in the way of the mislynch he was going for, then he backed off when I stood my ground. That would be pretty crappy distancing, and I don't get why you think that's any more likely to be distancing then anything else. Whole thing just looks like BM faking scumhunting in general if anything.

I really can't believe that this "BM briefly attacked Yos so they must be scum together" WIFOM logic is all you've got out of this game so far.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:27 pm

Post by Fugitive »

/replace out

Really sorry, iPie. I just cannot bring myself to care enough about this game to even read 6 pages plus recent mini-walls, so I'll out while it's still relatively early and you have replacements lined up.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by camn »

BM wrote:I think we're lynching one of Incognito, Medicated Lain or Yosarian2 today.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:29 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Yosarian2 wrote:"Yet another"? Seriously? You're still pissed at me calling you out on that stuff early day 1, huh?

Anyway, if that wasn't what you meant, then your post was even weaker. There wasn't "a lot of obvious noise" at all from BM; your idea to call that "distancing" is pretty absurdly thin. He attacked me briefly when I got in the way of the mislynch he was going for, then he backed off when I stood my ground. That would be pretty crappy distancing, and I don't get why you think that's any more likely to be distancing then anything else. Whole thing just looks like BM faking scumhunting in general if anything.

I really can't believe that this "BM briefly attacked Yos so they must be scum together" WIFOM logic is all you've got out of this game so far.

- Glad to see you're still willing to admit that you focused on a pointless derail (attacking v. suspicion) - despite the fact that you're wrong - to gravitate the conversation away from the initial suspicion against you (providing empty postings).

- I'm comfortable that my Post 378 shows BM's conduct towards you not only was a formulated charge-then-retreat (9 hours for someone to go from obv-scum to no vote) based on shifting goalposts of what constitutes Yos-suspicion (willing to vote for Yos' inconsistency and willing to unvote because Yos typed a post). That's distancing. You know: a lot of obvious noise intended to create fake hostility. And it worked.

- I can't believe you're criticizing me for using the one definite piece of fact (BM = scum) that really helps us figure out who are the remaining scum. Actually, I take that back. I
can
believe you're criticizing me for using BM's interaction as a basis to finding others suspicious. It's another suspicion tally to chalk up under your name. Your lobbed WIFOM accusation, thrown out as a loaded term to derail the general tactic of finding suspicion by studying BM's conduct, is another suspicion tally.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:16 am

Post by TripMyWire »

Back in town - got the prod - will post soon.
You can call me Trip.

Did I say "corpse hatch?" I meant to say "innocence tube!"
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:24 am

Post by Medicated Lain »

alright, I'm here, but not very strongly tonight. My vote is doing nothing, as it stands.
unvote, vote: camn
scum tactics anyone?
If you're not remembered, then you never existed.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:03 am

Post by bvoigt »

Does anyone know what alignment Fugitive prefers?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:00 am

Post by Incognito »

No clue but after two straight replace out's from that slot, I really think that player slot needs to die. camn should probably be next. I can't see her seriously believing the b.s. she's been posting so far.

Medicated Lain wrote:alright, I'm here, but not very strongly tonight. My vote is doing nothing, as it stands.
unvote, vote: camn
scum tactics anyone?
Not that I mind this, but I'm kinda surprised by this quick flip when your last post seemed to show you confirming your suspicion of me. What gives?
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:43 am

Post by camn »

It's a preemptive OMGUS.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:44 am

Post by camn »

Also, incog... What's not to believe? Be specific.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:50 am

Post by Incognito »

Well, Yosarian2 seems pretty obvtown.
You never commented on that thing I mentioned about BM calling Medicated Lain a "mislynch." Thoughts on that btw?

And your suspicion of me? Christ. In one of our past games together you pretty clearly illustrated your understanding of how I play as both scum and town but in this game you've supposedly been having a hard time.

And MAN OH MAN. Where's the lurker-hunting camn-town that I know and love? You haven't hunted a single lurker all game. It's like you've almost been ENJOYING the lurking of some of these players.

And then there's the Magua kill (assuming he was targeted by the scum last Night). You grudge-voted him on the first page. I could see a you-scum grudge-killing him for something he did to you in a past game. That's definitely your steelo.

So like... what's the deal?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:47 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Green Crayons wrote:
- Glad to see you're still willing to admit that you focused on a pointless derail (attacking v. suspicion) - despite the fact that you're wrong - to gravitate the conversation away from the initial suspicion against you (providing empty postings).

It's not pointless at all. Your behavior there still appears to be a pretty major day 1 scumtell on your part, and the more you react with hostitility to me pointing that out, the more you try to pretend that "I'm wrong" when the post I'm talking about is right there in the thread for everyone to see, the worse you look.

- I can't believe you're criticizing me for using the one definite piece of fact (BM = scum) that really helps us figure out who are the remaining scum. Actually, I take that back. I
can
believe you're criticizing me for using BM's interaction as a basis to finding others suspicious. It's another suspicion tally to chalk up under your name. Your lobbed WIFOM accusation, thrown out as a loaded term to derail the general tactic of finding suspicion by studying BM's conduct, is another suspicion tally.

"suspicious tally" my ass. You know as well as I do that trying to read the way BM attacked me and then backed off is complete WIFOM. "A scum attacked person A, so person A must be scum because scum attack each other to make us think that they're town" is pretty much the definition of WIFOM.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:44 am

Post by Medicated Lain »

This game needs some momentum, so I am changing course based on this.
camn wrote:OK, crayons.. I have bought into the idea that BM-scum calls at least one of his partners scum on Day 1.

Lets review:
PEOPLE BM CALLS SCUM:
BM wrote:Also the falcon is scum.
PeregrineV is scum.
Vote: PeregrineV

Obv.. we know now Peregrine was town.
BM wrote:I think Pine could be scum.
Unvote, Vote: Pine
BM wrote:Medicated Lain is also scum.
BM wrote:
Vote: Incognito

How can you be against a lynch of Incog??
BM wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Yosarian2

Let's turn up the HEEEEAAAAT!

So.. there are not really that many suspects.
At this point, even though my hangover is not letting me show it.. I actually do have some thoughts/plans. But on the Battle-tip, I note this post:
BM wrote:I think we're lynching one of Incognito, Medicated Lain or Yosarian2 today.

And I think there MUST be one scum in there.
BM was clearly setting up a pool of players that he was willing to push cases on for as long as he might live. ONE of them would have to flip scum for him to make endgame. There is one in there.

Another tidbit:
BM wrote:according to the scum-quicktopic i have been prodded.

I think BM was doing something that I have actually been enjoying doing lately. I think he was trying to be as truthful as he could be, as scum.. thus I think that was true.
Additionally, I think THIS is true, in the same vein.
BM wrote:I am voting for Incognito because his Haylen-vote was contrived, the reasoning eminently fictitious.

Incog: Are you scum? I hesitate.. because it seems like I have gotten A LOT of scumreads on you over the years.. and you have flipped town every godsforsaken time. So wtf? Is this finally it?

So you went from not thinking that BM was bussing, to specifically pointing out people? Not even based on any actual content of theirs, just chose a single post of BM's and stated that one of our scum MUST be one of those three? I certainly believe scum would POINT to a scum partner day one, but why would there be any reason to risk a scum partner that early in the game? This just REAKS of hardcore scum tactics.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by camn »

@ incog: I have been one of the lurkers. but.. I am trying to play better. It has been a drunk few weeks :)
Re: you, I am trying to clear you, but you arent dancing. YOu just stand in the corner and talk about me to your friends.
re: "mislynch".. I dont know what he was trying to say... but I read that as BM accusing ML as lining up lynches. Meh? It is just the kind of scum catfighting I would expect early on day 1.

Re: Lain
I agree that BM, or any scum, would put one of his partners in his day 1 reads.
YOu seem to agree.. by saying "I certainly believe scum would POINT to a scum partner day one"...
So who?

I gave a comprehensive list of people he mentioned. Who do you think the scum is?
PLease.. show me the flaw in my reasoning... dont just say "scumtacticslol"

I think NOT peregrine, since he has flipped town. Which leaves you three and Pine.
Right now, I am working under the provisional theory that Incog is either town with a true town-read on Pine, or scum with a true townread on Pine.. making Pine town. I am also working under the idea that Yos is town based on his play.
That leaves you and Incog.

Which point do you dispute, Lain?
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by Haylen »

I'm here. I'm tired but I'm here. Land Lady putting pressure on us, friends putting pressure, everyone is effing pressuring me. Have I accidentally fallen on one of the car pressure pumps my work sells and the hose sticking out of my body somewhere? <-- Rhetorical by the way.

For the record, I'm in the middle of another few analysis and keep getting distracted.

ML wrote:alright, I'm here, but not very strongly tonight. My vote is doing nothing, as it stands. unvote, vote: camn scum tactics anyone?

And the reason for this vote is?

It would make sense that at least one scum was in the list of people BM would lynch. Scum like to tell the truth as much as possible without directly outing themselves or their partners. I do think 'Why Magua' for a scum kill though :/

I need to look at BM/Yos/Incog interactions for myself.

Last time I checked, Magua wasn't in camn's grudgekill wiki list. ;)
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:49 pm

Post by camn »

Lets be serious... Incog is right, I would totally have grudgekilled Magua.
Probably not with a living Green Crayons-town, Yosarian-town and Incog-town. . . .but maybe.
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:00 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

So camn, who do you really think is scum from that list?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:05 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

camn wrote:I think BM was doing something that I have actually been enjoying doing lately. I think he was trying to be as truthful as he could be, as scum.
camn wrote:Lets be serious... Incog is right, I would totally have grudgekilled Magua.

Oh yeah?
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:55 am

Post by camn »

You, lain.
And yes, GC. Let the battle of wits begin.
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:58 am

Post by Medicated Lain »

You can call me scum, but it won't help the town. You're not giving any reasoning behind anything, just making statements, and this is exactly why I'm voting for you now.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:56 am

Post by InflatablePie »

Will be searching for a replacement for Fugitive (;_;).
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:34 am

Post by Pine »

Picking up prod. Skimmed the thread, looks like nothing important has happened since I left for vacation. Vote on Incog remains. Had a good time, even worse 3G access than expected in the mountains.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:22 am

Post by camn »

Medicated Lain wrote:You can call me scum, but it won't help the town. You're not giving any reasoning behind anything, just making statements, and this is exactly why I'm voting for you now.

Actually I have provided my process pretty clearly.
Which part did you disagree with again?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”