Neon Genesis Evangelion Mafia (Game Over)

StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm

Post by StevieT92 »

Oh, and the consensus seems to be that ace can't get lynched today, so if we're going to use anyone to direct malthusis's potential power, why not have him vig a lurker? like ace?
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:26 pm

Post by vollkan »

GreyICE wrote:
vollkan wrote:Neither. I am saying that flash wagons
generally
involve poorer reasoning than most wagons - since pretty much by definition they are a wagon where there is less deliberation than normal. Of course, a flash wagon might well spring up for very legitimate reasons (eg. somebody claiming scum), but I suspect such cases are a minority.

So you would say that speed is inherently no reason to believe that a wagon is on town, simply that it is a reason to believe there hasn't been a long debate? Because I think you overlook something - debate does not need to occur in context of L-1

Saying that we haven't been discussing Kast's alignment is false. Plenty of people have been poking at it, the fact that votes are going where the mouths have been is good juju in my book.

It really isn't that complicated:
1) Speed has a direct and inverse correlation to the extent of deliberation.
2) The extent of deliberation has a strong correlation to accuracy
3) Therefore, speed has a strong inverse correlation to accuracy

Plenty of people have been discussing it, but so far most of the votes have been sheeping and I don't believe that the reasons against the wagon have been given proper weight.

Tar wrote:
DIE DIE DIE MR. SCUMCLAIM WHOSE CLAIMED ROLENAME IS THE MOST LIKELY SAFECLAIM IN THE ENTIRE GAME IMO.

Seriously, untargetable + vig + Misato = no mercy.

What's the reasoning behind the Misato point?
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:41 pm

Post by Kdub »

Day 1 - Vote Count #34

Amrun (0)
-
Kawaii (0)
-
GreyICE (0)
-
Antifinity (0)
-
Candle Jack (0)
-
populartajo (0)
-
Iecerint (0)
-
Nocmen (0)
-
Surye (0)
-
Celebloki (0)
-
malthusis (9)
- ZeL1nK, Surye, Celebloki, Nocmen, GhostWriter, populartajo, Iecerint, LobsterCatapult, Lady Lambdadelta
Starbuck (0)
-
ace5993 (1)
- StevieT92
drewoftherushes (0)
-
ZeL1nK (0)
-
StevieT92 (3)
- drewoftherushes, GreyICE, SpyreX
GhostWriter (0)
-
SpyreX (0)
-
Kast (1)
- ace5993
vollkan (0)
-
Pomegranate (0)
-
LobsterCatapult (3)
- Amrun, Kast, Pomegranate
Lady Lambdadelta (0)
-
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (6)
- Kawaii, vollkan, Starbuck, malthusis, Antifinity, Candle Jack

23 votes available, 12 votes needed to lynch

Deadline is July 18, ~ 10 am PDT
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:58 pm

Post by ZeL1nK »

I have issues with that claim. You may call in an Airstrike to bombard enemy targets. Keyword: "targets". But you're a one-shot? Also, I don't see how being completely untargetable could possibly be a town ability. Immunity to every investigative ability, every killing ability, every ability full-stop? That sounds more like some sort of godfather/serial killer ability. If you don't die today, you need to die somewhere down the line.

It also doesn't help that you have that shiny "Best Role" icon above your avatar.

--

I couldn't help but laugh after reading Stevie's #848 in contrast with GI's #847.

I'm pretty confident at least one of Stevie and Mathusis is lying. I would not be at all surprised if they both flip scum.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:59 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Also, if I remember correctly from the show (haven't watched it for a few years), don't the airstrikes usually LOLFAIL on the angels?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:01 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Yeah. I don't really remember her ever calling an air strike either. In Episode 1 the Japanese government attempts that, it fails, and then they turn responsibility over to NERV.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:04 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Untargetable (bulletproof) vig doesn't ring ANY bells SpyreX?

I'm tired help me out here.

Seriously though what scum goes SUP I AM VIG unless there's waaacky mechanics at play?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:10 pm

Post by vollkan »

Zel wrote:
I have issues with that claim. You may call in an Airstrike to bombard enemy targets. Keyword: "targets". But you're a one-shot? Also, I don't see how being completely untargetable could possibly be a town ability. Immunity to every investigative ability, every killing ability, every ability full-stop? That sounds more like some sort of godfather/serial killer ability. If you don't die today, you need to die somewhere down the line.

The "targets" point is weaker (though, the flavour point about airstriking not being something that fits with the show is correct, from as little as I remember about the show) and a reasonable error, but legitimate. The immunity ability itself point is, the more I think about it, not a "town" role.
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:21 pm

Post by Candle Jack »

GreyICE wrote:
Candle Jack wrote:Still loathe to kill Rei, and I think I know what he's claiming, but a double check won't go amiss so here's a compromise position:

Stevie, please identify your role class (manipulative, protective, investigative, killing, or special action; manipulative modifies one or more target players' actions, protective modifies actions targeting one or more players, special actions). This should still prevent scum from knowing what your role does.

- Tar

Hey Tar, new flavor of the week is 'lets not let the town learn anything from roles, trololol.' Like, scum with a dayvig ability, scum with tracking, scum with all sorts of random shit.

That's not news to me - I'm one of the mods who STARTED that trend (*COUGHMINDSCREWCOUGH*). You can still ma

We've had three fucking claims that make everyone go "no lets unvote."|

GreyICE wrote:I do not for one millisecond believe that all three players who claimed are town. One. Millisecond. The odds that all three claims are town who just happen to have really confirmable roles and are ALSO playing similar to scum are 0. ZERO.

This is downright role fishing with wagons at this point. Kast has some complex ability that
can't
go to scum, obv obv obv, so he's not scum despite playing just like it. Stevie has a nifty fakeclaim that he didn't even claim so he must be town, trololol. Malthusis claimed FUCKING BULLETPROOF VIGILANTE. And lets unvote, trololol.

Yeah this ain't three townies. I wouldn't be surprised if it ain't ONE townie.

Agree.

Protip: malthusis's claim is 99% lie. I made that clear early on (though I forgot to note that the ability doesn't fit flavor even setting aside issues of Misato being the single most likely safeclaim in the game by my reckoning). However, stock play with 1-shot vigs with shots remaining is to leave them be for a day and ask them to fire, THEN lynch them. Besides, it would give us an opportunity to test the ability I'm 99% sure Stevie is claiming.

The other two have, respectively, claims that make much more flavor sense (assuming I know what StevieRei is claiming*), and a confirmable ability paired with rolebased that I KNOW is correct.

* - If I saw that ability being hinted from ANY other character I would lynch it, but it makes WAY too much sense on Rei.

GreyICE wrote:
SpyreX wrote:Come on now his is the "easiest" to confirm.

We give him a nice little list and those die.

If more than than die later we know.

If those don't die we know.

And scum claiming vig? Wooooo nelly.

Hell, 1-shot bulletproof vig is easy enough for a Mafioso to fake. (The other consideration on leaving malthusis be - the off chance that we could trick the Mafia into wasting a night's kill.)

Actually, now that I think about it... why the HELL am I considering SpyreX town, especially after I went and looked at recent stuff and he has hydra antipathy that he's shown no sign of here?

FoS: SpyreX

(Current thoughts on voting block: I'm confirmed town, LLD is town, GreyICE is town, SpyreX is most likely scum in the block, Tajo needs a closer look.)

vollkan wrote:
Tar wrote:
DIE DIE DIE MR. SCUMCLAIM WHOSE CLAIMED ROLENAME IS THE MOST LIKELY SAFECLAIM IN THE ENTIRE GAME IMO.

Seriously, untargetable + vig + Misato = no mercy.

What's the reasoning behind the Misato point?

Simple thought process: If I was making an Evangelion game where characters need safeclaims, what would be the first safeclaim I hand out? A: Misato. Not foolproof, but tends to work well.

StevieT92 wrote:woops i posted on page 33 and missed his claim. eek. umm yeah my role is protective. I am very, very, against a massclaim in this game. Firstly, it's not fun to me, to be honest. Secondly, from what I've seen from the powers that the town will have for the next couple days the scum also have some powerful abilities as well so outing all the power roles with a massclaim might not even be in our favor. Us power roles have already been given enough people to target tonight we cannot possibly deal with the guessing game that would happen if the scum know everyone's role.

also, did malthusis just get confirmed by the mod? lolwut.

Thirdly, DO NOT DO CANDLEJACK'S PLAN. that is all.

Two of these reactions are expected (with one little exception in the wording). The third reads honest.

We'll leave Stevie be for now, IMO.

SpyreX wrote:

Seriously though what scum goes SUP I AM VIG unless there's waaacky mechanics at play?

Usually SK, but Mafiosos might try to get away with faking a 1-shot vig.

(Especially since scumthusis actually having a bonus kill isn't out of the question - I've used them on Mafiosos before.)

Also, this tone is really odd for SpyreX. Feels like I'm reading DGB.

vollkan wrote:
Zel wrote:

The "targets" point is weaker (though, the flavour point about airstriking not being something that fits with the show is correct, from as little as I remember about the show) and a reasonable error, but legitimate. The immunity ability itself point is, the more I think about it, not a "town" role.

Gut is REALLY not liking vollkan right now, and posts like this are part of the reason why.

---

Docs should DEFINITELY consider protecting me tonight.

---

Yeah, let's lynch the definite scumbag today. No pussyfooting around with trying to give him a day to kill, there's no way he's town.

Unvote, Vote: malthusis

- Tar
You said my name?
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:24 pm

Post by ZeL1nK »

@Spyrex,

Given that you've said your mind was intruded and Kast has said his role indicates there's an angel faction, I don't see how a vig in this game even makes sense, unless it's one of the EVA pilots. And even then, it still doesn't make a whole lot of sense because I don't see any of the EVA pilots being a vig. Maybe Mari, but that still doesn't really fit. Although I'm probably gaming the flavour a bit too much here.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:27 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Ohh meta how awesome you are.

And flavor meta too. Mmmm

I'm not arguing in depth but good lord I'll wear the egg on my face if I'm wrong but when I'm not its gonna be "ohh welp down a vig BUT OHH MAN IT WAS SO CRYSTAL CLEAR"

@Zel:

What does me being mindballed (hint: this was when Stewie was in full swing) and Kast saying there is angels (duh) have even a pretend whit to do with there being a vig?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:29 pm

Post by Nocmen »

ZeL1nK wrote:@Spyrex,

Given that you've said your mind was intruded and Kast has said his role indicates there's an angel faction, I don't see how a vig in this game even makes sense, unless it's one of the EVA pilots. And even then, it still doesn't make a whole lot of sense because I don't see any of the EVA pilots being a vig. Maybe Mari, but that still doesn't really fit. Although I'm probably gaming the flavour a bit too much here.

My gut doesn't like this post, but I can't see why I wouldn't like it. Though it does raise a question.

Kast: What part of your role, now that you claimed, indicates the angel faction?
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:29 pm

Post by vollkan »

Tar wrote:
Simple thought process: If I was making an Evangelion game where characters need safeclaims, what would be the first safeclaim I hand out? A: Misato. Not foolproof, but tends to work well.

This doesn't answer my question at all.

Maybe this is a product of me not having watched NGE in ages...but I just can't see why Misato is an obvious safeclaim.

Tar wrote:
Gut is REALLY not liking vollkan right now, and posts like this are part of the reason why.

Because I'm openly on the fence in relation to malthusis's claim?

The "targets" thing is a semantic point, and whilst the ability itself is something that rings alarm bells, this is a theme game so 'expect the unexpected' is always worth bearing in mind.
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:34 pm

Post by ZeL1nK »

Spyrex wrote:@Zel:

What does me being mindballed (hint: this was when Stewie was in full swing) and Kast saying there is angels (duh) have even a pretend whit to do with there being a vig?

Both you claiming your mind was intruded, and Kast claiming his role indicates an angel faction mean that, theoretically, any vig would have to be able to kill angels. But like I said, I'm probably gaming the flavour a bit too much because I'm a NGE nerd.

Tar's explanation is much more sensible and less flavour-reliant.
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:35 pm

Post by Candle Jack »

vollkan, who is scum here?
You said my name?
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:39 pm

Post by vollkan »

Candle Jack wrote:vollkan, who is scum here?

PlayerScore
Amrun55
Kawaii50
GreyICE50
Antifinity50
Candle Jack55
populartajo50
Iecerint50
Nocmen55
Surye50
Celeboki50
malthusis50
Starbuck50
ace539355
drewoftherushes50
ZeL1nk50
StevieT9257
Ghostwriter50
SpyreX50
Kast55
Pomegranate55
LobsterCatapult50
LadyLambdaDelta50
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:40 pm

Post by SpyreX »

And dont even get me started on "Ohh look its a fakeclaim! That means...the mod....messed up the targets flavor"
Show

Proud member of BaM
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:43 pm

Post by Candle Jack »

The problem is vollkan, your last 'plus' came over ten of your posts ago, and those posts have been filled with very logical and well reasoned arguments and theory, but what they haven't been filled with is a general spearheaded strike to demolish someone you think is scum. You aren't even pushing on anyone, really, at this stage in the game, your vote isn't on, and more.

Its almost a guarantee you aren't being lynched today, but I'd like to see something more than the middle of the road path you've embarked on recently if you're are town.
You said my name?
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:49 pm

Post by vollkan »

Candle Jack wrote:The problem is vollkan, your last 'plus' came over ten of your posts ago, and those posts have been filled with very logical and well reasoned arguments and theory, but what they haven't been filled with is a general spearheaded strike to demolish someone you think is scum. You aren't even pushing on anyone, really, at this stage in the game, your vote isn't on, and more.

Its almost a guarantee you aren't being lynched today, but I'd like to see something more than the middle of the road path you've embarked on recently if you're are town.

I think it's inaccurate to describe it as "arguments and theory". Most of my recent posting history has been my opposition to the Kast wagon, including questioning of its supporters. It didn't lead to points, but I think my reasoning process is clear enough as to why that was the case. I get frustrated by the notion that a player is only contributing if they are positively building a case - rather than investigating to see if there are grounds for suspicion (eg. by questioning people's motives) or by actively opposing an existing case/wagon that they perceive to be invalid.

Also, I've only been "middle of the road" in relation to malthusis's claim, and I've been explicit about my reasons as to why.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:15 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Rolling on like, no sleep, after raving, heading to work in 3 minutes, but read some of this on the ride home. Cannot even fathom touching Kast's post right now, but I want to make sure I remember to say that if either Stevie or Malth ever flips scum, the other is most likely also scum, based on Stevie attempt to make Malth mod-confirmed even though any good mod would have done the same thing, regardless of if it's faked or real. The mod note was a nulltell as far as Malth's alignment/role. Playing it off as anything more connects them if either flips mafia. Get to the rest of all of this later.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:14 am

Post by GreyICE »

SpyreX wrote:

The
Serial
Killer
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:43 am

Post by populartajo »

Nocmen wrote:I don't buy it. Airstrike? That doesn't seem right to me.

this might be too easy but hey its worth the try:

Kast and stevie, do your abilities have flavorful names like "airstrike"?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:59 am

Post by populartajo »

*and "lost"?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:20 am

Post by GreyICE »

Candle Jack wrote:Actually, now that I think about it... why the HELL am I considering SpyreX town, especially after I went and looked at recent stuff and he has hydra antipathy that he's shown no sign of here?

FoS: SpyreX

(Current thoughts on voting block: I'm confirmed town, LLD is town, GreyICE is town, SpyreX is most likely scum in the block, Tajo needs a closer look.)

Meta reasons like that are by definition bullshit. No one is good enough to avoid the confirmation bias inherent in thinking how a player has acted in the past and then comparing it to how they're acting now. Everyone changes over time.

That being said, it's occurred to me that SpyreX is a cheeky scumbag with his 'Oh, there's AT MOST one scum in the town block' [and it's me!] but he's playing town enough. Certainly not going to make the top 5 scummy people in the thread list.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:20 am

Post by GreyICE »

populartajo wrote:
Nocmen wrote:I don't buy it. Airstrike? That doesn't seem right to me.

this might be too easy but hey its worth the try:

Kast and stevie, do your abilities have flavorful names like "airstrike"?

Mine does.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”