New York 134: Planet of Hats (Scum Win!)

Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:55 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Oh, and Thor - yeah, it was a dumb move in retrospect. If only we all had your
glorious powers of hindsight.
:roll:
You're voting me for active lurking... except you're voting me for tunnelling DK... except I'm not active lurking... and DK was the best choice of lynch D1 because otherwise we'd still all be dealing with his shit...
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:50 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:Thor giving him a free pass just because he's voting me? Uh... huh. Noted. Do what you want, as long as you're on the wagon I want you to be, regardless of how scummy you are. Uh-huh. Noted that he also did the same with DK D1 when he was Smurfing up the thread and acting scummy as all hell.

I was also right about DK, so...are you accusing Sleepy of being scum or me of being scum happy to get sheepy town? ...wait, you're doing both, right?

Knight of Cydonia wrote:Oh, and Thor - yeah, it was a dumb move in retrospect. If only we all had your
You're voting me for active lurking... except you're voting me for tunnelling DK... except I'm not active lurking... and DK was the best choice of lynch D1 because otherwise we'd still all be dealing with his Smurf...

1. I didn't ask you a question based on hindsight. In a Large game it's *immensely common* to have a Vig. All I did was ask you what you expected the pro-town gain to be with you softclaiming Vig? Your answer appears to be "It was stupid in hindsight, but I wanted scum to kill me and it never occured to me there was a Vig" Is that what you're saying?

2. I haven't called you scummy for tunneling DK, and don't even think I said you were tunneling DK - it doesn't sound like something I'd say since I actually consider tunneling null. So...whut?
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Thor665 wrote:
Knight of Cydonia wrote:Thor giving him a free pass just because he's voting me? Uh... huh. Noted. Do what you want, as long as you're on the wagon I want you to be, regardless of how scummy you are. Uh-huh. Noted that he also did the same with DK D1 when he was Smurfing up the thread and acting scummy as all hell.

I was also right about DK, so...are you accusing Sleepy of being scum or me of being scum happy to get sheepy town? ...wait, you're doing both, right?

You were right about DK
in hindsight
. Are you really going to tell me he wasn't scummy as fuck D1? And if it hadn't been for the modkill, as a miller, he'd have flipped scum anyway.

Thor665 wrote:
Knight of Cydonia wrote:Oh, and Thor - yeah, it was a dumb move in retrospect. If only we all had your
You're voting me for active lurking... except you're voting me for tunnelling DK... except I'm not active lurking... and DK was the best choice of lynch D1 because otherwise we'd still all be dealing with his Smurf...

1. I didn't ask you a question based on hindsight. In a Large game it's *immensely common* to have a Vig. All I did was ask you what you expected the pro-town gain to be with you softclaiming Vig? Your answer appears to be "It was stupid in hindsight, but I wanted scum to kill me and it never occured to me there was a Vig" Is that what you're saying?

Pretty much, yeah. Like I said, dumb move in hindsight.

Thor665 wrote:
2. I haven't called you scummy for tunneling DK, and don't even think I said you were tunneling DK - it doesn't sound like something I'd say since I actually consider tunneling null. So...whut?

a) You're right, I'm confusing you with someone else on the tunnelling - poor note organisation on my part, for which I apologise.
b) This does, however, raise the interesting question of just what you
are
voting me for, since so far, what I have you down on me for is active lurking (no longer a concern, I'm sure you can agree) and possibly the fact you think my Vig softclaim was dumb and/or scummy. In fact, let's be honest here, I haven't really seen a brilliant case on me at all, and yet the people voting me (and Celebloki, with his/her [I forget, apologies] "I'll jump on as soon as we've directed our SKVig for the night" thing) are acting as if my lynch is some kind of foregone conclusion.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:You were right about DK
in hindsight
. Are you really going to tell me he wasn't scummy as fuck D1? And if it hadn't been for the modkill, as a miller, he'd have flipped scum anyway.

:? No, I was right about DK then - I was calling him town prior to his lynch which is what you were calling me out about and...what point are you making here? How does this tie into your accusation at me and/or SleepyKrew?

Knight of Cydonia wrote:Pretty much, yeah. Like I said, dumb move in hindsight.

:neutral:

Knight of Cydonia wrote:a) You're right, I'm confusing you with someone else on the tunnelling - poor note organisation on my part, for which I apologise.

:neutral:
Knight of Cydonia wrote:b) This does, however, raise the interesting question of just what you
are
voting me for, since so far, what I have you down on me for is active lurking (no longer a concern, I'm sure you can agree)

I can? I've had to drag this conversation out of you for a question I asked last week and have spent half of this conversation confused about what you believe in and what you're saying. I...still sorta am, actually.

Knight of Cydonia wrote:and possibly the fact you think my Vig softclaim was dumb and/or scummy. In fact, let's be honest here, I haven't really seen a brilliant case on me at all, and yet the people voting me (and Celebloki, with his/her [I forget, apologies] "I'll jump on as soon as we've directed our SKVig for the night" thing) are acting as if my lynch is some kind of foregone conclusion.

Are you saying Celeb is scummy, or your whole wagon is scummy, or what?

My case on you is active lurk, gut, and beard. I'll admit that softclaim of Vig while scum doesn't make much sense, neither does it make much sense as town. It does make sense as a SK or a Vig, and you haven't counterclaimed our claimed Vig yet, though you have been trying to suggest he's the SK, so...
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by 65536 »

The only reason, we as a Hydra aren't voting KoC is because it'd be better to have our Vig/Tame SK kill him over night, though as always we're up for a KoC lynch, we're also up for a SleepyKrew lynch since our vote on jily is more for utility wagon reasons and we like the look of a Krew lynch

VOTE: SleepyKrew
Show
We are a VI.
We are Legion.
We are men of action, lies do not become us.
We are not a psychopath.
Honest.

65K is a valid abbreviation of our name
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:48 pm

Post by Wraith »

Votecount 2.3

Knight of Cydonia
(5)
:
Thor665,
PBuG
, Palisade, PBuG, SleepyKrew, jilynne1991
jilynne1991
(2)
:
Parabollocks, DrippingGoofball,

Celebloki
(2)
:
PBuG
, xRECKONERx, chkballin
chkballin
(1)
:
Palisade
, bvoigt
PBuG
(1)
:
SleepyKrew
, Knight of Cydonia,
Palisade
Celebloki
Taro

SleepyKrew
(1)
:
xRECKONERx
, 65536
Palisade
(1)
:
xRECKONERx
SleepyKrew
Celebloki
, Taro,
chkballin
BeaverWeasel
JDGA

JDGA
(0)
:
chkballin

Parabollocks
(0)
:

Noting Voting
(6)
:
Zebronic, PeregrineV, JDGA, BeaverWeasel, sanchocolates, Celebloki

With 19 alive it takes
to lynch.

Deadline is
July 13, 2011

JDGA has been prodded. I have also removed sanchocolates' vote from the board.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:07 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

65536 wrote:The only reason, we as a Hydra aren't voting KoC is because it'd be better to have our Vig/Tame SK kill him over night, though as always we're up for a KoC lynch, we're also up for a SleepyKrew lynch since our vote on jily is more for utility wagon reasons and we like the look of a Krew lynch

Oh dear, your explicitly detailed and intricate case has caught me and makes me want to simply curl into a ball and cry in a corner.
UNVOTE:

But back to KoC. I'm scum for wanting to lynch the scummiest people? Did you know that a lynch requires half the town?
To be clear: quack
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:07 pm

Post by JDGA »

*prodded*
D:
Yeah, sorry guys. I really have no excuse for inactivity other than pure laziness v_v
So assuming that the KoC vig softclaim is post #292... yeah. Softclaiming vig Day 1 really has no excuse other than to draw doc protection away from people who need it more. The active lurking I can also see going on, but I do agree with it not being an issue right now. I'm just worried it'll just come right back the moment attention drops away from him...
Bah. VOTE: Knight of Cydonia.
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:07 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: KoC
Now HOW did I forget to do that?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:40 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

bvoigt wrote:She claimed on Day 2, though. What if a power role had targeted her Night 1, and was still alive?

Was she under pressure when she claimed?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:43 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

Nope.
She was afraid she'd accidentally killed the Cop.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:46 am

Post by 65536 »

Celebloki wrote:I agree with this. I still have my suspicions of Palisade but believe his NK role. I can easily see that they targetted Krypt last night, he was after her D1. Even if Palisade is a SK though we can still verify his ability by guiding his target tonight and seeing what happens. If he's smart they will let the town guide their kills instead of independently scumhunting. This jily thing is a sticky subject. I still have my suspicions of her from D1 and I was weary to believe that krypt died from targetting her last night. That being said jily did kind of freak out when krypt died and I can believe she is a PGO and freaked when a cop came up dead the next day. I don't see much other reason for her to randomly come out and claim like that. She should have claimed PGO D1. Only way we can safely verify is to lynch her. I'd be down for a retarded SK that wants to kill her though, Go for it if your out there. Or we can verify both Palisade and Jily by having him NK her :p (just kidding).

I am slightly weary of lynching her if the PGO claim is true. If we lynch her then we may very lose another 3 townies on top of the 3 we already have if VIG/SK Palisade hits townie. I don't see much motivation for Jily to fabricate a PGO claim. I can see her being scum and attempting to make herself safe at night but that just invites the town to lynch her. I think for now scumhunting elsewhere and watching her closely would be more beneficial. That being said I can support the KoC wagon if the town decided to stay with it. I don't understand his softclaim vig defense. At this point he is guaranteed to be killed either today by lynch or tonight by Palisade. If we lynch someone else I'm willing to bet he's Palisade's target for the softclaim and I wouldn't be wholly opposed to it. Before I place my vote on him I want to read through a few people in ISO and see if there's anything else glaring.

I agree with this, who are you going to NK Palisade? Or should we put it to some sort of vote?
Show
We are a VI.
We are Legion.
We are not a psychopath.
Honest.

SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:48 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

Dear fucking lord.
That post is nothing but fluff and a bit of common sense.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:52 am

Post by 65536 »

SleepyKrew wrote:
But back to KoC. I'm scum for wanting to lynch the scummiest people? Did you know that a lynch requires half the town?

No you're scum because I feel you're pushing a bit too hard on the Jily lynch, you're flipflopping on PBuG, obvbuddying any and all of the experienced players and all your posts are annoyingly short and lacking in any content whatsoever.

-m
Show
We are a VI.
We are Legion.
We are not a psychopath.
Honest.

SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:56 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

And why didn't you explain this when you voted me?
I'm not pushing the jily lynch that hard. Notice how my vote is still on KoC.
I misread something PBuG wrote. Now I'm off him.
If you'd like to meta me, feel free. My posts are almost always short. But I don't see how they lack content, because you sure enough found plenty to "incriminate" me.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:57 am

SleepyKrew wrote:Nope.
She was afraid she'd accidentally killed the Cop.

Sounds n0Obish to me, actually.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:59 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

Yup. That's the point. She's a noob who isn't scumhunting and has a scumvenient claim. I
really
want her gone before LYLO. But that's utility lynching, and KoC is scum lynching. So you should vote KoC ;)
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:59 am

We need to kill the SK, guys. Who is he? That's non-negotiable.

SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:59 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

We have a Serial Killer? How do you know this?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:01 am

SleepyKrew wrote:Yup. That's the point. She's a noob who isn't scumhunting and has a scumvenient claim.

I believe the claim, given the circumstances. Pity she didn't announce it on Day 1.

But we let her live. She's pretty much a confirmed townie at this point. One that can't be NK'd.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:01 am

SleepyKrew wrote:We have a Serial Killer? How do you know this?

I dunno, someone was ranting about directing the SK's kill...

SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:02 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

How is she confirmed? You were just talking about how her claim was scumvenient. And you're voting her...
PEDIT: Palisade has claimed Vig and claimed to have killed Krypt. You should probably read the thread :P
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:17 am

Yes, it's scumvenient... but only a n0Ob would fail to claim it Day 1, and then CLAIM the cop kill Day 2 and say "oops PGO."

Palisade claimed the Krypt kill, too? WUT

SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:18 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

jily wasn't sure that she killed Krypt. She was just apparently worried it was because of her.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:20 am

And there's a KoC vig softclaim, too?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”