Newbie 1120 - The Scum in Sherlock (Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:36 am

Post by Thor665 »

@DK - you can't accuse people of not scumhunting while also claiming that a mislynch always happens Day 1. Both of your comments are incorrect as well.

@foilist - who should we have lynched and why?
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:39 am

Post by Scumhunter »

@foilist, I agree this lynch was meh...however my 2 foses (hiplop/Torqez) were not going to be lynched today so whatever.

What made me hammer was DK's "I'll just random vote someone voting me". Honestly that was probably a town tell, however I was honestly sick and tired of defending cloud/DK slot and getting crap for it all day. Plus, I'd feel pretty shitty if I was defending a scum who was doing nothing and spending the whole day derailing that lynch. Doesn't excuse my hammer really I guess, but I don't really care at this point. Pretty sure hiplop will be confirmed scum by tomorrow anyways. If "I'll just random vote someone voting me" is the best defense/alternative given, I made a "fuck this" kind of hammer? Yes, I guess you can blame since voting town really has no excuse.

I'm still ike 65-70% sure hiplop is scum (which is a pretty strong read for d1)
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:37 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Count #20

DeityKabuto:
Hellhound1, Torqez, Thor665, hiplop , Scumhunter (Lynch!)

hiplop:
DeityKabuto
, foilist13
Scumhunter:
Awesoma
Thor665:
DeityKabuto

Not Voting:
Shahrizai,
Scumhunter

Deadline is on July 6th, 2011, at 2PM Central Time.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

The detectives quickly got to work looking for the culprit. Theories were presented and shot down. Clues were found, but when investigated they all turned out to be irrelevant.

During the investigation, one investigator offhandedly remarked that "You know, no one ever catches the guy on the first day." This offended the detectives. They were pinnacles of guy-catching prowess, and surely this guy was one of the guys to catch. They quickly caught him.

His execution was swift and painful. A quick search through his possessions revealed an ordinary detective, with a penchant for saying the wrong things.

DeityKabuto,
Vanilla Town
, lynched Day One.

Night One Deadline(expired on 2011-07-05 14:00:00)

Night will be 72 hours instead of 48 for Fourth of July celebrations.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:33 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

They slept in cots in the store itself, still trapped by the police barrier. It was a fitful sleep. They were the best of the best - or so they told themselves. But they had just lynched an innocent detective. They woke up prepared to redouble their investigations. There was a problem, though. Only seven of them were gathered at the scene of the crime. Foilist was dead. An innocent detective, gone.

"Well," someone quipped, "at least we won't be killing him." Black humor for black times.

foilist13,
Vanilla Town
, shot Night One.

Day Two Deadline(expired on 2011-07-26 19:00:00)

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:55 am

Post by Torqez »

Man...seriously. Wtf went on in the last 2 pages, I have no idea.

Noone was supposed to hammer, till Shahrizai had their say. We havn't even heard from a roleslot at ALL.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:40 pm

Post by Thor665 »

If it caused you that much fear maybe you should have unvoted? Please can the histronics, we're not in a bad position, though we are in a very interesting one.

@hiplop - claim target please.

@Awesoma - thoughts on the DK wagon?
@Shahri - same question.

Vote: Shahri
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Well bugger. That was a short lived game for me.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by hiplop »

i jailkept you, thor.
third best scummer of all time
Awesoma
Awesoma
Townie
Awesoma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:04 pm

Post by Awesoma »

Thor665 wrote:If it caused you that much fear maybe you should have unvoted? Please can the histronics, we're not in a bad position, though we are in a very interesting one.

@Shahri - same question.

Day one is most, if not always, a mislynch. I didn't vote to join the bandwagon due to me thinking he wasn't as suspicious as, say, you. It seems as if my reluctance to vote him was not misplaced. I still have a bit of catching up to do because of my short vacation.
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:46 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

Ah :/ well i had him as scum from the beginning, woops! But i'll blame that on cloud's scummy acts and his inability to answer basic questions, not on DK.
Also, why was foilist killed? Wouldnt hiplop have been a better choice for scum to go for, as a known PR? Why was the person voting hiplop killed? Im still not sure about hiplop being the jailkeeper, firstly role pms say there
might
be a jailkeeper, not that there
IS
one, and hiplop may have guessed at a PR and said he was it, and now scum is seen as town, just because there isnt anyone to counter claim.
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:16 am

Post by Torqez »

Awesoma wrote:
Thor665 wrote:If it caused you that much fear maybe you should have unvoted? Please can the histronics, we're not in a bad position, though we are in a very interesting one.

@Shahri - same question.

Day one is most, if not always, a mislynch. I didn't vote to join the bandwagon due to me thinking he wasn't as suspicious as, say, you. It seems as if my reluctance to vote him was not misplaced. I still have a bit of catching up to do because of my short vacation.

Some inconsisties/suspicions here.

Firstly, there was 5 of us on the lynch, ie at LEAST 3 townies. Obviously we make mistakes. With your post it almost seems your blaming us for us voting him off. Ofcourse I'd like to hear more from Scumhunter though about his weak hammer. If it was so 'bleh', then why not wait for sharizai? Awesoma, your post almost sounds as if you're distancing from the lynch and your post comes across to me as if you're saying your clear cos you didn't vote for him.

Also, and more importantly, I find it weird that you're saying "It seems as if my reluctance to vote him was not misplaced". Why? Because you were the one who put others on L-1 with notsomuch as a blink on Day1 and showed no reluctance whatsoever. This is one of the reasons why I wanted you lynched yesterday (and an answer to Scumhunter's question from D1 - which I said I'd get to).

To be honest, I'm sad that we lynched a townie, but if a townie had to go, then I'm glad it was DK.

I'm sticking with my theory of Awesoma = n00bscum.
VOTE: Awesoma

@Sharizai, it's been a while. Would really love to hear your thoughts on Day 1 and the game in general.

@Hellhound, it's true that hiplop is noway clear at the moment. No way to say right now. His voting behaviour has also been a bit erratic. But yea, you have to keep in mind that there's any number of reasons why he didn't die last night, such as:
  • Could be mafia himself
  • Mafia don't believe his claim and tried to kill a real PR
  • Mafia think he's really dodgy and could be a good myslynch for D2
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:22 am

Post by Scumhunter »

Awesoma, from what I recall you left your vote on me of the 2nd half of the day and didn't really say or contribute much...not even to try and push a lynch on me or dissuade us from voting DK...were you content with letting your vote waste away...?
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:23 am

Post by Torqez »

Okay, just read Awesoma in ISO a bit.

Awesoma, you havn't really contributed much since the 25th which is like almost 2 weeks ago. Granted we had a long night, but you didn't even post for almost a whole week, 'before' you posted that you'd be V/LA.

Anyway it wasn't just an activity check, I was actually checking your ISO to see if I missed something that would confirm this:

Awesoma wrote:It seems as if my reluctance to vote him was not misplaced.

If you had reluctance to vote him, you sure as hell didn't tell any of us about it.
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:23 am

Post by Torqez »

hey, i think we posted that at the same time...
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:10 am

Post by hiplop »

Hellhound1 wrote:Ah :/ well i had him as scum from the beginning, woops! But i'll blame that on cloud's scummy acts and his inability to answer basic questions, not on DK.
Also, why was foilist killed? Wouldnt hiplop have been a better choice for scum to go for, as a known PR? Why was the person voting hiplop killed? Im still not sure about hiplop being the jailkeeper, firstly role pms say there
might
be a jailkeeper, not that there
IS
one, and hiplop may have guessed at a PR and said he was it, and now scum is seen as town, just because there isnt anyone to counter claim.

There are 4 roles that can be in the game (plus the vanilla townies). The town gets 2 of them out of the 4.

This post reads to me as newbscum trying to explain why i'm not dead. Hellhound + awsoma imo. Night analysis usually comes from scum.

VOTE: hellhound
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:14 am

Post by Thor665 »

hiplop wrote:Night analysis usually comes from scum.

I strongly disagree with this as a tell and consider night analysis a good thing.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:17 am

Post by hiplop »

You think his logic is town motivated? No way in hell did that come from a townie.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:24 am

Post by Thor665 »

Why?
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:32 am

Post by hiplop »

Also, why was foilist killed? Wouldnt hiplop have been a better choice for scum to go for, as a known PR? Why was the person voting hiplop killed?

Think for a moment, Thor. Then look at her reasoning. Obvious set-up is obvious, the last person voting me - he arrived at that conclusion pretty fucking fast, no way did he remember that without discussing it. We're dealing with a newbscum that thought it would be enough to get a mislynch on me.
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:38 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

hiplop wrote:Think for a moment, Thor. Then look at her reasoning. Obvious set-up is obvious, the last person voting me - he arrived at that conclusion pretty fucking fast, no way did he remember that without discussing it. We're dealing with a newbscum that thought it would be enough to get a mislynch on me.

Sorry but thats rubbish. OMGUS much?
Yes, im a newb, well done, however what im saying is perfectly true.
Im trying to make sure we dont miss something, and is used this reasoning BEFORE we lynched DK.
We might not have a cop or doctor, if your PR claim is true.
We also might not have a cop or jailkeeper, or doc or jailkeeper, all these possibilities are.. well.. possible.
So claiming you're the jailkeeper doesnt make you the jailkeeper.
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:40 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

Hellhound1 wrote:Really wish i had something add, still.
However i somewhat doubt the validity of the claim, and either someone is going to counter claim, or hiplop got lucky and nobody actually is the jailkeeper.

Or a much, much smaller possibility, hiplop was telling the truth. But i doubt that.

Theres proof i said it ages ago, no. 443.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:40 am

Post by hiplop »

Congrats. If you were town you wouldn't be charging at a fairly obvious PR with no logic besides NK analysis that
you
control, and that i *COULD* be lying. I voted you yesterday, too hellhound. But ultimately the town rather had DK. So no, its not OMGUS.

I love how you say nothing new..
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:47 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

hiplop wrote:Congrats. If you were town you wouldn't be charging at a fairly obvious PR with no logic besides NK analysis that
you
control, and that i *COULD* be lying. I voted you yesterday, too hellhound. But ultimately the town rather had DK. So no, its not OMGUS.

Its not fairly obvious :eek: You could be lying..?
Using your logic, I could say im the doctor, and if no one else is then whether or not i am the doctor is irrelevant. You claimed a PR, doesnt mean you ARE the PR. Is that simple enough?

Secondly, Why WOULDNT scum kill a claimed PR? They obviously killed Foilist who, btw, was voting you.
And they didnt kill you.
So, hiplop, why didnt they kill you?
OH RIGHT scum cant night kill scum.

hiplop wrote:
I love how you say nothing new..

I responded to your comment against me. What new stuff is there to add?
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:49 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

hiplop wrote:you wouldn't be charging at a fairly obvious PR with no logic besides NK analysis that
you
control, and that i *COULD* be lying.

It's called pressure. Which you dont seem to like, and start throwing wild accusations around :wink:
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:52 am

Post by hiplop »

If i were stupid, i could ask the other PR to come out; that would confirm me. I am still a member of town, and i'm finding scum in you. Your logic is still nothing. Yeah, i could be lying. I could also be telling the truth, its null because of that (aka not worth charging at). Or you know, if you read my posts you would realize i think its a set up due to the big wagon on me yesterday.

And how you sidestep my logic just repeating what you said previously..

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”