New York 134: Planet of Hats (Scum Win!)

Palisade
Palisade
Goon
Palisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:53 am

Post by Palisade »

Our apologies. We've both been busy with a combination of other games and Marathons. (With a touch of real-life V/LA-ness.)

We're planning on shooting Sancho tonight. (Actually, we were planning on Celebloki, but some people have a town-read on Celebloki for some reason. That leaves chkballin and Sancho as our secondary choices.)

Also, to clarify the timeline of actions:
My partner said there was a softclaim Day One, but I asked "What Softclaim?" and got no answer. We DID discuss it a little, but the post it was in was never mentioned. Then we got hit by mutual V/LA, which kinda killed the momentum.

When I returned, the Krypt suspicion had began, and it distracted me, to the point where I had completely forgotten about the KoC vig softclaim. We both were quite certain of Krypt being scum, confident enough to kill him after DK. When DK got modkilled, he became our # 1 choice.

The claim wasn't mentioned again until Day Two, by my partner. I once more had to ask, "what softclaim?" (actually, "I don't see a softclaim", but close enough), since I couldn't see it.

I later figured it out myself when looking at KoC in ISO, never having gotten my partner to answer. >.<

So, KoC was not in my mind at the time of the kill.

Essentially, KoC was a suspect, in the backburner of our minds, but not actively being discussed until Day Two.
Palisade
Palisade
Goon
Palisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:01 am

Post by Palisade »

As for PBuG: it wasn't a single post by PBuG which convinced me. It was a combination of many, overall painting the picture that PBuG is town. PBuG lacked condemning interactions with all four of our other suspects (KoC, Sancho, Celebloki, chkballin), and in fact has multiple interactions which are favorable.

Interactions with others, overall Motive, paints the picture of being town.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:09 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:OK KoC

WHO IS SCUM

I will avenge you

Palisade is SK/scum, PBuG is likely scum/almost definite scum from interactions with Palisade (went from absolute scum D1 in Palisade's eyes to near-confirmed town? wut?), SleepyKrew has been willing to push any wagon that has even vague merit.

Palisade looks town from his two recent posts though. And SleepyKrew is town. Maybe PBuG has hard evidence that Palisade is truthful.

Anyone else?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:43 am

Post by Celebloki »

I have read through Chkballin/Glowball in ISO and I am certain she/the hydra is scum. During D1 she was against the PL of DK. Being scum she obviously knew he was not scum and was setting herself up to pull the, " I was against his lynch!". If you all recall she was calling everyone out on his bandwagon asking for reasons and being very public about it. Through this questioning she was being called out by Tomie who put a vote on her. Then there was back and forth between the 2.

I then began to read through Tomie ISO. She was gunning for Glowball hardcore D1, she was Tomie's number 1 suspect. I specifically liked this interaction.

Thor665 wrote:@Tomie - who should I be voting and why?
Also - your thoughts on Swag.

Tomie Uzumaki wrote:Glowball~ She choose to leave Swag alone, while he was the one who came closest to her profile of scum misusing policy lynches. Adding that she does question me about my vote, while it is according to her as bad as Swag's. Hypocricy~
She wants the brownie points from the wagon against Swag as her question lead to it, but she discredits Reck for it, the one who is attacking Swag the most for it.
Using her playstyle to explain why we should take her actions for null, while discrediting the way I approach the game. Hypocricy~

Like I said, I want to hear what he has to say about his vote against Deity and his unvote about it. That will determine my position on him. For now, he's on the scummy side as he had the second worst vote against Deity, with Jilly being on one.

I think the fact that Tomie ended up dead places the smoking gun in Glowball's hand. She is 100% confirmed scum imo. As for D2 it's more active lurking than it is anything else. Sheeping votes and moving between popular people to target. I say we Lynch chkballin today and Palisade can shoot KoC tonight to confirm his role.

Vote: chkballin
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:45 am

Post by bvoigt »

SleepyKrew wrote:
Knight of Cydonia wrote:Well, at least
someone
gets the joke.
Yeah, I'm just a poor lil' old VT. Do try and remember exactly what this wagon has been pushed on, guys, because apart from the whole "active lurking D1" thing, and the (poor) gambit, you'll notice that quite a few people were on this wagon with very little reasoning at all...

Active lurking, tunneling, and fail gambiting aren't scummy? Claiming with FIVE WHOLE VOTES ON YOU isn't scummy?

Could you please explain, in depth, the scum motivation behind each of these four things?

@DGB: What makes Sleepy town?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:22 am

We're masons.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:24 am

Post by TBuG »

DrippingGoofball wrote:PeregrineV is a scumputer. A cold, hard, metallic scumputer.

Agreed. He loves him some wagons, and that post looks like a big mess of I-forgot-to-come-up-with-some-fake-reads-how-about-some-wagon-analysis. Except he doesn't actually analyze wagons and just copy/pasted some votecounts. That's just kind of bad.

JDGA, you're generally good at ISO analysis from what I've seen so it would be cool to see you do a bit more of that.

bvoigt wrote:KoC is obvious town.

Instead of telling us we're wrong, tell us why. I think that the tunneling was outstandingly scummy, especially done in lieu of any other reasonable content. I also don't see the town motivation (or motivation really at all aside from trying to out the vig) in softclaiming. Many of his points against me today are terrible misinterpretations and false conclusions; I suspect OMGUS accompanied by the knowledge that there would be potential support for a wagon on me.

P-edit: DGB, is that a serious claim?
Knight of Cydonia wrote:Palisade is SK/scum, PBuG is likely scum/almost definite scum from interactions with Palisade (went from absolute scum D1 in Palisade's eyes to near-confirmed town? wut?), SleepyKrew has been willing to push any wagon that has even vague merit.

If Palisade is SK, we're not scum together. :| Unless you're going to start claiming that the mafia has an extra kill, that makes no sense.

SleepyKrew wrote:
Knight of Cydonia wrote:SleepyKrew has been willing to push any wagon that has even vague merit.

"SleepyKrew doesn't push wagons unless they have merit."

"SleepyKrew pushes every wagon."

DrippingGoofball wrote:Maybe PBuG has hard evidence that Palisade is truthful.

I started doubting my initial scum read on Palisade when the majority of my suspects hopped their wagon in quick succession. Then they claimed vig and I accepted them as prob town.

Celebloki wrote:I think the fact that Tomie ended up dead places the smoking gun in Glowball's hand. She is 100% confirmed scum imo. As for D2 it's more active lurking than it is anything else. Sheeping votes and moving between popular people to target. I say we Lynch chkballin today and Palisade can shoot KoC tonight to confirm his role.

I... could go for that, actually. I've already stated that I think chkballin/KoC are a likely scumteam.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:25 am

Post by TBuG »

Ended up accidentally typing the p-edit in midpost, whoops.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:29 am

PBuG wrote:P-edit: DGB, is that a serious claim?

I will confirm this from the grave.

Parabollocks
Parabollocks
Goon
Parabollocks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:45 am

Post by Parabollocks »

responding to prod fff
Town: 4-1
Scum: 0-1

Going under a mafia personality revelation, my meta will be fluxuating.
Parabollocks
Parabollocks
Goon
Parabollocks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:47 am

Post by Parabollocks »

i read back, page 31 of jily is terrible.

VOTE: jily

if it wasn't already there.

bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:49 am

Post by bvoigt »

PBuG wrote:
bvoigt wrote:KoC is obvious town.

Instead of telling us we're wrong, tell us why. I think that the tunneling was outstandingly scummy, especially done in lieu of any other reasonable content. I also don't see the town motivation (or motivation really at all aside from trying to out the vig) in softclaiming. Many of his points against me today are terrible misinterpretations and false conclusions; I suspect OMGUS accompanied by the knowledge that there would be potential support for a wagon on me.

I don't find the tunneling scummy because it would make more sense, if he was scum, to go after several players. It would make him appear more protown and increase mislynch options, since he'd be able to jump on a wagon without making it seem like he was blatantly wagoning.

The town reason for softclaiming, as KoC said, would be to draw a NK. It doesn't make a lot of sense, but there's even less motivation for scum to do it when they would probably get vigged.

Finally, this is mostly gut, but I just don't see this post or this post (in particular) coming from scum.

Parabollocks wrote:i read back, page 31 of jily is terrible.

VOTE: jily

if it wasn't already there.

But the PGO claim makes her town.
Parabollocks
Parabollocks
Goon
Parabollocks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:55 am

Post by Parabollocks »

i claim tracker, that must make me town because i claimed a town PR.

bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:05 am

Post by bvoigt »

Parabollocks wrote:

i claim tracker, that must make me town because i claimed a town PR.

It would be much easier to disprove her claim.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:06 am

It's not the PR claim, it's the circumstances surrounding it.

They trumps all other tells.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:07 am

Wraith wrote:
jilynne1991
(0)
:
SleepyKrew
Parabollocks
JDGA
Celebloki

Which of these players are opportunistic, wanting-PGO dead scumbags?

Palisade
Palisade
Goon
Palisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:10 am

Post by Palisade »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Wraith wrote:
jilynne1991
(0)
:
SleepyKrew
Parabollocks
JDGA
Celebloki

Which of these players are opportunistic, wanting-PGO dead scumbags?
Celebloki.
Sleepy's town, as you said, and Para's town if KoC is scum.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:11 am

JDGA?

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:42 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Yeah, I'm still feelin' the Celeb lynch. TBQH I've fallen behind in all of my games thanks to work + sleeping problems, but nothing has changed to convince me otherwise of Celeboki.
green shirt thursdays
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:58 am

Post by TBuG »

Okay, I'm sorry, BeaverWeasel, but if I caught your PR slip and it was truthful, then it's a safe bet that scum caught it and it going to kill you. It's in the best interest of the town for me to out what I caught, especially since Celebloki is gaining support as a target again. *sigh*

BeaverWeasel wrote:Celebloki is incredibly town. Often, when someone says this, it's not based on anything, but I have my reasons. Plus, he's just very town.

BeaverWeasel wrote:DO NOT VOTE Celebloki.

He's Town.

Unvote

BeaverWeasel wrote:
PBuG wrote:Why?

I'll tell you after conferring with SecondHead.

BeaverWeasel, am I right? If so, town, is it possible we have two cops? If not, we may very well have BW/Celebloki as scum together.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:01 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Unvote
because that's a fucking mason softclaim.
green shirt thursdays
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:07 am

Post by TBuG »

xRECKONERx wrote:
Unvote
because that's a fucking mason softclaim.

That... makes more sense. /stupid
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:08 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Give me a shout and I'll give you a count!
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:28 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

*shouts*
green shirt thursdays
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:37 am

Post by chkballin »

UNVOTE:

I haven't really had time to mafia at all and would happily opt-out if people don't want me around; however, time constraints have dissolved, I'll be reading and catching up, and then something real can come from this slot once more.

~
CHK
I want to believe, the truth is out there...

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”