New York 134: Planet of Hats (Scum Win!)

CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:57 am

Post by CryMeARiver »

Votecount 2.4

Knight of Cydonia
(7)
:
Thor665,
PBuG
, Palisade, PBuG,
SleepyKrew
, jilynne1991, JDGA, SleepyKrew, DrippingGoofball
jilynne1991
(1)
:
Parabollocks,
DrippingGoofball

Celebloki
(0)
:
PBuG
xRECKONERx
chkballin

chkballin
(2)
:
Palisade
, bvoigt, Celebloki
PBuG
(1)
:
SleepyKrew
, Knight of Cydonia,
Palisade
Celebloki
Taro

SleepyKrew
(1)
:
xRECKONERx
, 65536,
SleepyKrew

Palisade
(1)
:
xRECKONERx
SleepyKrew
Celebloki
, Taro,
chkballin
BeaverWeasel
JDGA

JDGA
(0)
:
chkballin

Parabollocks
(0)
:

Noting Voting
(4)
:
Zebronic, PeregrineV, BeaverWeasel, sanchocolates,

With 19 alive it takes
to lynch.

Deadline is
July 13, 2011
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:13 pm

Post by Celebloki »

Guys, Glowball/chkballin is ridiculously obviously 100% scum. Glowball and Tomie argued back and forth about several things. Tomie even had glowball voted until the end of D1 preaching her lynch. I've also decided that at this point PBuG is confirmed town and swag was just a moron. Tomie was pointing out how Glowball started the Swag wagon but never actually voted on it, then proceeded to try and de-rail it. She did this in hopes of being seen as the one that started it if he flipped scum, but if he flipped town he never voted for it. Tomie nailed her on several points.

Tomie Uzumaki wrote:
Thor665 wrote:Everything you said makes sense except why scum Glowball would react like that to town Swag lynch - what am I missing?

As she claims, she made the start to the accusations against Swag. But the only thing she did, was ask him a question about his vote, without any following up with an attack. So at this point, she comes across as a player who's scumhunting (which is seen as a town-action), but if Swag flips town (which he does in this situation), she won't be looked at as she didn't join the wagon (hiding).
At the same time, she mentions Reck will get some heat on him if Swag flips town. In other words, she'll be 'save' if Swag flips town, while those who did join the bandwagon will get the attention.

Deity is looking really bad now with the latest post. Beaver is also still there.

Tomie Uzumaki wrote:
Thor665 wrote:
Tomie Uzumaki wrote:Glowball~ She choose to leave Swag alone, while he was the one who came closest to her profile of scum misusing policy lynches.

If Glowball is scummy for avoiding Swag like that, but trying to get credit for his lynch...shouldn't you be helping us lynch Swag since the only way your case on Glwball is worth anything is if Swag is scum?

The way I can also see it:
-Glowball wants to be seen as a player who's scumhunting (that's why she pointed out her question against Swag which started the suspicions)
-But afterwards she doesn't do much with it (if Swag flips town, she will get less attention)
-At the same time, she points out that Reck will get the heat on him.

So if she's scum with Swag, her actions protect him, but are also trying to give her brownie points when he flips scum as she started the attacks. But her actions are also possible if she's scum, while Swag is not.

The fact that Tomie ended up dead only means that glowball was the perpetrator.

glowball wrote:
bvoigt wrote:
glowball wrote:I am not ignoring anyone- the fact that I have questioned certain players more than others, and some not at all mostly has to do with my game play. I don't really take a lot of weight in your vote as is, because I asked you a question and you returned with a vote.

I think Tomie has a point, though...since you were clearly against a policy lynch, what do you think of the fact that Swag jumped on the wagon even though he hasn't played with DK?

Okay, I am the one who asked the question that made Swag admit to the bandwagon vote to begin with- and I do have a problem with that, as far as being convinced that makes someone scum? No, I just don't see them being that obvious- but I am looking into everyone. My process of asking questions, is part of my playstyle- not meta, but just the way I sort out scum and going any further into it will make all my efforts,present or future,NULL. So just know that I have taken all aspects into account.

As far as Tomie and the "point" I see it is a distraction- I called them out for their early vote against DK(2nd actually) and they got upset very OMGUS instead of directly answering my question and explaining that vote.

glowball wrote:
Palisade wrote:@glowball & sanchocolates:
Swag136 wrote:I'll be honest, I've never played with DK, but people don't seem to like him too much. I jumped on a bandwagon. If it really bothers you I'll unvote.

What part of our reaction to this, coupled with the suspicion we'd already expressed, was not clear? My partner, in particular, insists this is tantamount to an outright scum claim. I'm more willing to see newbishness in it, but definitely think it warrants our vote for now.

Reck and Thor also voted for Swag following the above quote...why no questioning of them?

-RedHead

My question is why the vote JUST came- you posted several times since then so why the delay in voting?

Right now, I am seeing jily as scum over Swag. Why would any scum outwardly say that they joined a bandwagon? Newbtell and I agree that it leaves Swag NULL. Now jily claiming a vote for pressure is just ridiculous, as well as the fact that she called DK out for not scumhunting when the game just started and he's posted more than her.

Here Glowball is trying to distance from swag as his bandwagon is coming close to lynch. She knew he'd flip town and wanted to make sure she was as far away from the blame as possible.

glowball wrote:K... first off what part of V/LA doesn't anyone understand????

@Thor...how is it that you would suddenly like to quick lynch me just because you won't get an answer out of swag/replacement. Considering that logic, you'd lynch any player over an inactive player just to get a quick lynch.

as far as follow up questioning for Swag goes I play the way I see fit and I am not here to make you like me, I am here to win and you can choose to respect that or you can complain. I will say that anyone with a brain could go to the profile and see that Swag hasn't been on in days so why waste the energy?! If I saw Swag lurking- I choose to put more pressure on, but those questions weren't going to get anywhere.

I will say that my fault was not placing a vote, but that was mostly due to the fact that I hadn't heard a strong argument in either direction.

DK was just a policy lynch
Swag joined a bandwagon and then people wanted to lynch over that, and I just don't see scum coming out and saying something like that more newb than anything
Since then the only people catching my eye are
Thor, Reck, KoC and Tomie
. The first two just aggressive seemingly pushing for any sort of lynch, one coasting by and Tomie more evasive and deflective than anything.

Tbh, I've had a rough few days so I am not going to bother going back and quoting every thing people said, I do wish that from now on if someone goes V/LA we should acknowledge that and save the questioning- I mean you are at a computer type it down on notepad and save that shit.

RE ASK YOUR QUESTIONS and they will be answered from the hydra account as this is my last post as just Glowball.

Here in the bolded she is attacking the most town amongst us (except perhaps for KoC). She's going after the ones that are gunning for her. Interesting enough when chk takes over he almost exclusively guns for PBuG, calling him scummeriest in his post. Complete 180 from Glowball defending him for just being a newb. He sees glowballs mistake of obvious distancing and decided to cut into PBuG to make up for it. CHKs desperately trying to cover Glowball's tells. chkballin is easily the scummiest person here and needs to be lynched.
jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by jilynne1991 »

Parabollocks, you seem so desperate to get rid of me. Is that because you know you're mafia, and I'm in your way?
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Lost thirteen games as town.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:16 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Here to help.

VOTE: Parabollocks
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by TBuG »

Unvote; Vote: chkballin
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by chkballin »

Celebloki wrote:Guys, Glowball/chkballin is ridiculously obviously 100% scum. Glowball and Tomie argued back and forth about several things. Tomie even had glowball voted until the end of D1 preaching her lynch. I've also decided that at this point PBuG is confirmed town and swag was just a moron. Tomie was pointing out how Glowball started the Swag wagon but never actually voted on it, then proceeded to try and de-rail it. She did this in hopes of being seen as the one that started it if he flipped scum, but if he flipped town he never voted for it. Tomie nailed her on several points.

[snip]

The fact that Tomie ended up dead only means that glowball was the perpetrator.

Do you always stick to this uber-fail logic? You do realize that that very well could've been scum's point, right? Put pressure on somebody else so people won't lynch the real scum D2. A play like that would lead me to believe that one of the bigger D1 wagons was on someone who's actually scum and they wanted somebody to point this little factoid out; or did that never cross your mind? You've seemed more than tunneled on this slot... and that's your big reason? Terrible night kill logic? No.

Another point against your failed logic would be when I actually
voted
PBuG after speaking with Glow on just that. She never intended to get anything from that, she just didn't think that the slot was scum from the three posts that the person prior to PBuG had written made them out to be scum. But I've said all of this before, so you're either repeating yourself or you're sheeping someone just as illogical.

Celebloki wrote:
glowball wrote:
bvoigt wrote:
glowball wrote:I am not ignoring anyone- the fact that I have questioned certain players more than others, and some not at all mostly has to do with my game play. I don't really take a lot of weight in your vote as is, because I asked you a question and you returned with a vote.

I think Tomie has a point, though...since you were clearly against a policy lynch, what do you think of the fact that Swag jumped on the wagon even though he hasn't played with DK?

Okay, I am the one who asked the question that made Swag admit to the bandwagon vote to begin with- and I do have a problem with that, as far as being convinced that makes someone scum? No, I just don't see them being that obvious- but I am looking into everyone. My process of asking questions, is part of my playstyle- not meta, but just the way I sort out scum and going any further into it will make all my efforts,present or future,NULL. So just know that I have taken all aspects into account.

As far as Tomie and the "point" I see it is a distraction- I called them out for their early vote against DK(2nd actually) and they got upset very OMGUS instead of directly answering my question and explaining that vote.

glowball wrote:
Palisade wrote:@glowball & sanchocolates:
Swag136 wrote:I'll be honest, I've never played with DK, but people don't seem to like him too much. I jumped on a bandwagon. If it really bothers you I'll unvote.

What part of our reaction to this, coupled with the suspicion we'd already expressed, was not clear? My partner, in particular, insists this is tantamount to an outright scum claim. I'm more willing to see newbishness in it, but definitely think it warrants our vote for now.

Reck and Thor also voted for Swag following the above quote...why no questioning of them?

-RedHead

My question is why the vote JUST came- you posted several times since then so why the delay in voting?

Right now, I am seeing jily as scum over Swag. Why would any scum outwardly say that they joined a bandwagon? Newbtell and I agree that it leaves Swag NULL. Now jily claiming a vote for pressure is just ridiculous, as well as the fact that she called DK out for not scumhunting when the game just started and he's posted more than her.

Here Glowball is trying to distance from swag as his bandwagon is coming close to lynch. She knew he'd flip town and wanted to make sure she was as far away from the blame as possible.

Actually, that's where Glowball talks to Palisade about their vote (whilst Pal goes mentioning other votes dissimilar) and Glowball talking to bvoigt about an OMGUS vote from Tomie (as opposed to just answering Glow's question).

This is, by far, the
worst
straw manning I've ever seen. Good job, bro.

Celebloki wrote:
glowball wrote:K... first off what part of V/LA doesn't anyone understand????

@Thor...how is it that you would suddenly like to quick lynch me just because you won't get an answer out of swag/replacement. Considering that logic, you'd lynch any player over an inactive player just to get a quick lynch.

as far as follow up questioning for Swag goes I play the way I see fit and I am not here to make you like me, I am here to win and you can choose to respect that or you can complain. I will say that anyone with a brain could go to the profile and see that Swag hasn't been on in days so why waste the energy?! If I saw Swag lurking- I choose to put more pressure on, but those questions weren't going to get anywhere.

I will say that my fault was not placing a vote, but that was mostly due to the fact that I hadn't heard a strong argument in either direction.

DK was just a policy lynch
Swag joined a bandwagon and then people wanted to lynch over that, and I just don't see scum coming out and saying something like that more newb than anything
Since then the only people catching my eye are
Thor, Reck, KoC and Tomie
. The first two just aggressive seemingly pushing for any sort of lynch, one coasting by and Tomie more evasive and deflective than anything.

Tbh, I've had a rough few days so I am not going to bother going back and quoting every thing people said, I do wish that from now on if someone goes V/LA we should acknowledge that and save the questioning- I mean you are at a computer type it down on notepad and save that shit.

RE ASK YOUR QUESTIONS and they will be answered from the hydra account as this is my last post as just Glowball.

Here in the bolded she is attacking the most town amongst us (except perhaps for KoC). She's going after the ones that are gunning for her. Interesting enough when chk takes over he almost exclusively guns for PBuG, calling him scummeriest in his post. Complete 180 from Glowball defending him for just being a newb. He sees glowballs mistake of obvious distancing and decided to cut into PBuG to make up for it. CHKs desperately trying to cover Glowball's tells. chkballin is easily the scummiest person here and needs to be lynched.

I don't recall Reck or even KoC batting much of an eye at this slot save one "OH MY GOD YOU SUCK" from Reck and a side comment from KoC, so again here you are straw manning for a case against me.

Do you have anything of actual merit against me, or are we going to keep doing this?
I want to believe, the truth is out there...
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:14 pm

Post by TBuG »

Wow, that's an abysmal defense you've got there.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:24 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

PBuG I seem to recall you claiming already, was that this game or am I just crazy?
green shirt thursdays
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:48 pm

Post by TBuG »

xRECKONERx wrote:PBuG I seem to recall you claiming already, was that this game or am I just crazy?

You're just crazy.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:58 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

k cool

Vote: PBuG

A chkballin vote with no reasoning behind it at this stage in the game = scumclaim
green shirt thursdays
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:04 pm

Post by chkballin »

PBuG wrote:Wow, that's an abysmal defense you've got there.

Why, because they straw manned and I pointed it out? Oh, okay.
I want to believe, the truth is out there...
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by TBuG »

xRECKONERx wrote:k cool

Vote: PBuG

A chkballin vote with no reasoning behind it at this stage in the game = scumclaim

*quirks eyebrow* I've noted suspicion of chkballin before here, here, and here. I also agree heavily with Celebloki's arguments here and here.

chk, I don't agree with you that Celebloki was straw manning. In fact, the second thing that you claim was straw manning, your comment was completely irrelevant to what he said.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:59 pm

Post by 65536 »

UNVOTE: SK
VOTE: Parabollocks
While the mason claim could be fake it'd be a stupid risk for a scumteam to take.
Parabollocks and KoC need to die, but I agree with my other head that Palisade should shoot KoC.
-TO
Show
We are a VI.
We are Legion.
We are men of action, lies do not become us.
We are not a psychopath.
Honest.

65K is a valid abbreviation of our name
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:22 pm

Post by 65536 »

The way I see it we possibly have two mason groups, anyone want to contradict me?
-m
Show
We are a VI.
We are Legion.
We are not a psychopath.
Honest.

Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:45 pm

Post by 65536 »

PeregrineV wrote:@65536- Which post of PBug's convinced you that he was town?

We haven't really been convinced, we just think those people pushing for a PBuG lynch are more scummy, purely because the main reasoning behind it is "swag -> newb, PBuG -> easy lynch"

-m
Show
We are a VI.
We are Legion.
We are not a psychopath.
Honest.

SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:04 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Dear God Celebloki. Have you ever heard of WIFOM? And don't just go throwing the word "confirmed" around.

Also, sorry if this ruins some supersecret scumhunting plan, but I have no clue why DGB claimed Masonbuddies with me. Because we aren't. Care to enlighten us why you did that?
To be clear: quack
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:05 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

SleepyKrew wrote:Because we aren't. Care to enlighten us why you did that?

I lurv me a fake mason claim. Fake mason claims are like bubbles, so pretty, so light, so iridescent... and they always burst too quickly.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:11 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

wut
Taro
Taro
Townie
Taro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:04 am

Post by Taro »

V/LA, mortality in the family...
Did you do something to the princess?
I bet it's sexual harrassment, Adell's going to jail!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:37 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

So PBuG is agreeing with Celeboki's votes on chkballin, but I think Celeboki is scum. Wat.

Also, Sleepy, I think it's pretty obvious what DGB was doing, but I'm going to leave that one alone for now.

Sorry to hear that, Taro. Hope everyone is alright.

I'm going to
UNVOTE; VOTE: CELEB
again because why not take it to the root of the problem?
green shirt thursdays
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:47 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

Even with BeaverWeasel's softclaim?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:49 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

The only way I'm unvoting is if he's going to come right out and tell me "Oh yeah, he's town because ___________". I'm not letting some kind of softclaim bullshit WIFOM go through here.
green shirt thursdays
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:43 am

Post by bvoigt »

Celebloki wrote:Guys, Glowball/chkballin is ridiculously obviously 100% scum. Glowball and Tomie argued back and forth about several things. Tomie even had glowball voted until the end of D1 preaching her lynch. I've also decided that at this point PBuG is confirmed town and swag was just a moron. Tomie was pointing out how Glowball started the Swag wagon but never actually voted on it, then proceeded to try and de-rail it.
She did this in hopes of being seen as the one that started it if he flipped scum, but if he flipped town he never voted for it.
Tomie nailed her on several points.

The bolded doesn't make sense to me. If glowball's scum, wouldn't she know how Swag would flip?

However, I agree that chk's defense was pretty lousy. If anyone's strawmanning on that last point, it's chk.
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:14 am

Post by Celebloki »

Well I'm just going to come out and say it. I am not a mason with anybody and honestly don't know what Beaverweasel or PBuG are talking about. Unless I was investigated or watched or something I don't know how I got confirmed town. Seriously, neither of the reads are that long, read through Glowball/Chkballin and Tomie in ISO. It becomes pretty clear why Tomie ended up dead. My vote is staying on Glowball and unless someone else can give me quoted examples of why parabollocks is scum my vote is staying on the sure thing.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:23 am

Post by bvoigt »

Celebloki, can you explain the quote above?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”