Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:20 am

Post by Beck »

Since my impression if you has now gone from leaning scum to null, I'll re-read pappuns today to see if I get the same vibe. But I'm feeling good about hiplop ATM.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:35 am

Post by Juls »

To be very honest, I have had a rough week or so on mafia scum and my heart is really not in it at the moment. I came back to the site in May I think and I remembered all the reasons I loved playing mafia. I had a couple of good-fun games and I got back into modding again. Life was happy. Then things took a turn for the worse in 3+ ways. So the wind has been taken out of my sail a little bit. I am trying to get back into it and always have a little bit more time/effort on the weekend since I work all week. I have also been posting on my iPad which has significantly reduced my desire to post well thought out long posts (because auto-correct is a pain in the ass when trying to post).

1 - My vote on Phoebus was mostly a sheep of VP Baltar because I was reading him as town and I wasn't digging the +1 stuff. It read as a way to avoid strong analysis and just be passive. Because I am in the state I am in I have not really went to check if this is a normal thing that he/she does.
2 - My case on charter was the honest-to-God read I felt on him at the time. It was page 4 and I felt like his first vote was random because he just said "I like your style" and voted. Then he proceeded to post 2 posts calling half the game scum without a vote. I did not realize his first vote was meant to be taken serious. My vote did have reason but I am going to back down on it a little bit because in all honesty I keep getting Panacea and Phoebus mixed up because I have never played with either. I thought charter's initial vote was on Phoebus.
3 - My vote on beck is because the question is ridiculous. Read it again. He asks "Do you feel people who post useless filler are usually town, scum, or null?" This to me reads as a question that he is trying to look like he is scum-hunting. We all know what the answer will be before the question is even asked. It's like leading the witness in a courtroom. In addition, I really don't like his jokey-jokey attitude which I tend to see from scum more on other sites.

I am leaving my vote, I do believe it's a legitimate point that is being fluffed off because I haven't put my best effort into this game yet. Like I said, I will give more effort this weekend but I hope this post somewhat explains the way I have played thus far.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:48 am

Post by Beck »

I asked that cause he is posting fluff, so his opinion of it matters. If he had said scummy, id call him on it.

People think filler posting is not scum hunting, I'm one of those people. Hiplop is posting filler and attacking charter who voted somebody for posting filler

Fact: posting filler is not scum hunting.

I'm fine with you voting me, I have a tendency to ask smaller questions to build up my case, could be because my dad was a cop and I learned from the way he interrogated me as a child. It's an attempt to see if he will contradict himself or slip on such a menial question

Btw, asking if somebody is scum is a worse attempt at "pretending to scum hunt" so let's not throw stones when you are sitting in a glass house yourself

And sorry, your RL drama needs to stat outside of the game, it's irrelevant and un-confirmable and could be a ploy to appeal to our emotions.

Sorry to be a dick, I'll take you out for coffee once the game is over.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:49 am

Post by Budja »

Juls wrote:jokey-jokey attitude

Could you elaborate on which parts gave you this impression? I don't see it. Also, why have you ignored Panacea who is (or has been) "jokey"?

unvote, vote pappam

Baltar makes a good case, I see a grand total of one real attack on Panacea in pappams ISO and Juls's burnout feels legit.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:59 am

Post by Juls »

beck wrote:And sorry, your RL drama needs to stat outside of the game, it's irrelevant and un-confirmable and could be a ploy to appeal to our emotions.

Sorry to be a dick, I'll take you out for coffee once the game is over.

It's not real life drama. It's mafiascum drama that has kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. I only bring it up as a way to explain why my performance has been a little lack-luster thus far.

Budja, I will try to elaborate more over the weekend.
Juls
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:00 am

Post by Beck »

she thinks that by using the "you dirty rat" line from a movie and directing it at pappums rat, is something only scum would do.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:04 am

Post by Beck »

sadly my games are ongoing and nobody knows me from the other site I play, I believe I have explained it elsewhere but like I said it is in an ongoing game.

I play mafia on a website that is mainly a football mmorpg, it is usually the same 20 to 30 people playing with each other, it isn't like here where there are literally hundreds of players.

We take a more casual approach to things and we joke alot because we all know each other, I know others have come here and played, maybe if I have time I can find examples of them in their games to show you what I am talking about, i'm sure i can't be the only one from that site to play here and not demonstrate the same kind of play style.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:11 am

Post by Juls »

Beck wrote:she thinks that by using the "you dirty rat" line from a movie and directing it at pappums rat, is something only scum would do.

/sigh
I don't know why people have to become so damn aggressive when you throw a little suspicion their way. There were two instances of joking behavior from you. The rat post and the "I'm married" post. I am NOT saying
only
scum would do it. I don't live in your black and white world. However, I have seen it from scum in the past. You coming from another site and this being your first game makes it stick out to me because you may not have honed in your "mafiascum style" yet. This is not the primary basis for my vote on you. It is secondary. My asking if you were scum was a trick that has ACTUALLY WORKED several times I used it on epicmafia. Usually the person who answers flat-out "No" is not lying. The guy who says "No I don't think so" or "Yeah lol you broke me down" is usually the scum. I was going to see if you made another joke about the question. You didn't and therefore I did not pursue it.

@Budja: In regards to Panacea, I believe she showed a tendency to be this way in all her games? Again, I have been pretty lazy so I haven't looked into it that thoroughly. I will look more this weekend.
Juls
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:13 am

Post by Zachrulez »

5th Vote Count of Day 1:

Panacea - 2 (Phoebus, pappums rat)
Hiplop - 2 (Beck, charter)
pammums rat - 2 (VP Baltar, Budja)
Charter - 1 (Hiplop)
Beck - 1 (Juls)

Not voting (Panacea)

With 9 alive it's 5 to lynch.

Day One will end no later than Monday July 25th at 6:30PM CST
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:15 am

Post by Beck »

Is epicmafia the site you used to get your theory about humor? Please say no
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:16 am

Post by charter »

Budja wrote:
vote: Juls

My gut is quite close to Charter's.
Namely, bad uncorrected vote, odd questioning of Beck + the switch after pressure.

I assume that since you voted Juls, you think she's more suspect than Hiplop, correct? What do you find more suspicious about her?
Balter wrote:I'm not sure how I feel about the Juls-charter situation. On the one hand, Juls does seem like she doesn't really have her footing yet. On the other hand, I haven't cared for Beck's contributions to this game much other than one point he made about hiplop awhile back.

How do you feel about Hiplop and myself?

I think Balter is making a mountain out of a molehill regarding Pappums. To be honest, Balter baited him into saying what is now the entirety of Balter's case against Pappums, but whether Pappums is scum or town, I dunno, but there are bigger fish (Hiplop) to fry right now.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:18 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I am going to be V/LA from July 10th to the 17th. I will have access, but I'm going to be on Vacation in California, so my availability is going to be unreliable. I have found a backup mod in JasonT1981 and I will be leaving you in his capable hands for that week.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:22 am

Post by VP Baltar »

If I was picking between you and hiplop, hiplop is the obv scum. He's probably my second suspect behind pappums. I don't see how I baited him into responding the way he did though actually. He made an initial comment about how much he was pushing the Panacea wagon in Post 71. This tripped my trigger and I asked him to expound on it with an open ended question:
pappums rat wrote:
VP wrote:
Pappus Rat - how much of the panacea wagon do you think is your doing? What exactly are the suspicions you see about me regarding her?

I think Phoebus and I have about equal responsibility for the Panacea wagon.

I'm not sure how that's baiting. It wasn't a leading question in any way whatsoever.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:23 am

Post by Budja »

I didn't ask you Beck!

I agree with your theory Juls, but as far as I can see Beck made the one jokey post (before the "are you scum?" exchange) so your reaction seemed odd.

EDWOP:

@charter, hiplop is scummy, but only for his non-presence. Juls's failure to quickly explain or correct her vote on you (before the above post of course) was probably the biggy.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:25 am

Post by Juls »

Beck wrote:Is epicmafia the site you used to get your theory about humor? Please say no

Please don't discount me like that. I have played maybe a grand total of 20 games on epic mafia when I was bored and wanted a quickie. 9 games out of 10 I leave frustrated by the trolls. I know you don't know me but I think others in this game can tell you that I am not a terrible player and I am not like anyone at epicmafia. Your attempt to invalidate my claims like some prostitute who got raped is noted. "Juls couldn't be right about anything, she played at epicmafia".
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:27 am

Post by Juls »

Budja, I think the most important thing to take out of my post is this

Juls wrote:This is not the primary basis for my vote on you. It is secondary
Juls
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:27 am

Post by Beck »

The only issue I have with pappums is I think his case is weak, it's certainly not lynch worthy yet. Unless I missed something on my iPhone. I don't see why lynching an active poster who seems to be scum hunting is going to help

Hiplop and juls aren't scum hunting
And Budja is just vote hopping
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:31 am

Post by Beck »

Juls wrote:
Beck wrote:Is epicmafia the site you used to get your theory about humor? Please say no

Please don't discount me like that. I have played maybe a grand total of 20 games on epic mafia when I was bored and wanted a quickie. 9 games out of 10 I leave frustrated by the trolls. I know you don't know me but I think others in this game can tell you that I am not a terrible player and I am not like anyone at epicmafia. Your attempt to invalidate my claims like some prostitute who got raped is noted. "Juls couldn't be right about anything, she played at epicmafia".

I just asked if that was the "other site" you were referring to when you correlated humor with scum, if so than that is invalid reference cause EM is garbage mafia. I played EM before and claim granny and other things when there is no granny. And I'm town when I do it.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:33 am

Post by Juls »

I know the difference between a troll, which you describe, and someone who tries to deflect with humor.
Juls
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:34 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Juls is a good scumhunter for the realz. This 'other site' topic is pretty meh.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:15 am

Post by charter »

VP Baltar wrote:If I was picking between you and hiplop, hiplop is the obv scum. He's probably my second suspect behind pappums. I don't see how I baited him into responding the way he did though actually. He made an initial comment about how much he was pushing the Panacea wagon in Post 71. This tripped my trigger and I asked him to expound on it with an open ended question:
pappums rat wrote:
VP wrote:
Pappus Rat - how much of the panacea wagon do you think is your doing? What exactly are the suspicions you see about me regarding her?

I'm not sure how that's baiting. It wasn't a leading question in any way whatsoever.

I think what he said in 71 was true. But I think you took it a little out of context. He was calling out Hiplop's bad vote on me, and using that as evidence as to why it was a bad vote. It wasn't like he was puffing out his chest and bragging about how he's the driving force behind the Panacea wagon. If he had been doing that, then I would think you'd be on to something, but I didn't get that from reading it. Then you asked your question, and he pretty much repeated the same thing he said in 71, but now this other case (bragging about being the driving force) was what he said, because he was answering your question. What was he supposed to say, that no he had no involvement? I think his response in 96 is true, and I don't see any other way he could have answered the question. I think he gave the most reasons for voting Panacea.

I say it's baiting because he had to answer he was involved, and you took that and used it to base part of you case against him on.

Now, if you're suspicious of him because he hasn't said two words about anyone but Panacea, then I'll give you that, but I gathered that you thought the whole 'I'm pushing the Panacea wagon' thing was what was scummy about Pappums, but I'm not seeing that.

Amazingly Hiplop is still voting me with his terrible reasoning. More scum avoiding participating. Hiplop, who are you suspicious of and why?
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:58 am

Post by Panacea »

I thought I could avoid V/LA, but apparently "America's Largest 3-G Network," doesn't extend as far into Oklahoma as I'd anticipated. :/ I'll be back Monday, hopefully Sunday if I can get home early enough. I'm sure someone will call it too convenient to be legitimate or something, and I know it doesn't mean much, but I've never lurked as town or scum; I value sportsmanship too much in rl.

I swear I'll be back and better; much more is standing out to me over the past day than had before.

V/LA now through Sunday.
Will try to post when I go into town and can find wifi.
Town: 2. 2.
Scum: 2. 1.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:44 am

Post by hiplop »

I've posted once since then. I've just caught up, and i still haven't seen much, i like VP's case on Pappum, but he seemed townish to me a few days ago, gotta think about it.

Breck is being snarky, i tend to see that from scum, a lot.
third best scummer of all time
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:48 am

Post by Beck »

I'm not even sure what snarky means but if it means I get annoyed when people don't respond to my request, yes I'm snarky.

You said charter committed a scumtell in your opinion, however I don't really see you explain what that was. Which is why I asked you to explain your suspicion.

All I see is you are voting him for his reasons and vote on Pan.

While I disagree with all if charter's reasons for his vote, I don't see how he committed a scum tell.

You also say you made a compromise, can you explain what that was and why you felt you had to make a compromise (or if I mis-interpreted your comment, explain what you meant by it)

Lastly, just because a person votes you back , doesn't make it omgus. His post on why he voted to you seemed valid enough negating the omgus.

I personally think you went after charter because he went after a person who kept posting fluff(based off charter's reasons), which is oddly what the last couple of your posts have been.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:15 am

Post by pappums rat »

VP Baltar wrote:If I was picking between you and hiplop, hiplop is the obv scum. He's probably my second suspect behind pappums. I don't see how I baited him into responding the way he did though actually. He made an initial comment about how much he was pushing the Panacea wagon in Post 71. This tripped my trigger and I asked him to expound on it with an open ended question:
pappums rat wrote:
VP wrote:

That post that "tripped your trigger" was directed at hiplop because he was making a shit argument for his vote on charter, saying that he was "going too hard" on the Panacea wagon. I was telling him that both Phoebus and myself had pushed Panacea harder than charter and asking him why he would vote charter over either of us. I wasnt trying to trump up my scumhunting or anything like that, I think that should have been obvious from the context of that post.

hiplop wrote:I've posted once since then. I've just caught up, and i still haven't seen much, i like VP's case on Pappum, but he seemed townish to me a few days ago, gotta think about it.

Breck is being snarky, i tend to see that from scum, a lot.

ROFLMAO.

Also, what about VP's case do you like exactly and why?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”